The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Huntsman
In the Bleak Midwinter I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
In the Bleak Midwinter I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:35 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Trigger
In the Bleak Midwinter I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
In the Bleak Midwinter I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
In the Bleak Midwinter I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
In the Bleak Midwinter I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
In the Bleak Midwinter I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
In the Bleak Midwinter I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
In the Bleak Midwinter I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
In the Bleak Midwinter I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
In the Bleak Midwinter I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
In the Bleak Midwinter I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
In the Bleak Midwinter I_vote_lcapIn the Bleak Midwinter I_voting_barIn the Bleak Midwinter I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
In the Bleak Midwinter I_vote_lcapIn the Bleak Midwinter I_voting_barIn the Bleak Midwinter I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

In the Bleak Midwinter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In the Bleak Midwinter Empty In the Bleak Midwinter

Post by Nightshade May 31st 2011, 12:37 am

In the bleak midwinter, not one person was willingly going to wander outside at night. The freezing cold was only part of the equation though. There were monsters out there… at least that’s what the stories said, tales passed down from generation to generation. They depicted horrific beasts and terrible creatures… and every single one of them only came out at night, when the moonlight shined over the frozen landscape.

Everybody knew the stories, and everybody heeded the warnings … everybody but one girl. Her name was Pip. She was an adventurous and headstrong child… she was also quite the skeptic.

One night, as her mother was telling Pip one of the many stories, a thought wormed its way into Pip’s mind.

“Mama…. why don’t we ever SEE the monsters?”

Her mother frowned slightly.

“It’s because they only come out at night. During the day, they hide where we can’t see them.”

Pip was unsatisfied with that answer, her frown mirroring her mother’s.

“Well then why don’t we ever HEAR the monsters?”

“The moan of the frosty wind covers up whatever noise the sneaky beats may make.”

Pip crossed her arms in defiance, still not satisfied.

“Well then why don’t they leave any footsteps?”

Her mother felt a twinge of worry go through her as she looked at her daughter, but she answered the question nonetheless.

“The earth is hard as iron, even the monsters aren’t strong enough to leave a mark.”

The mother sighed, standing up. Seeing that story time was over, Pip laid down, allowing her mother to tuck her in.

“You have too many questions.” The mother said before kissing her daughter on the forehead. She then blew out the small lantern beside Pip’s bed, leaving the room. As the mother fell into sleep’s embrace, she couldn’t help but feel a twinge of unease.

A few minutes later, Pip’s door creaked open as she slipped through the small gap that was created. She was soon at the front door. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door, closing her eyes as she stepped outside.

After she closed the door, she stood still for a few moments, eyes still closed. If a monster was going to eat her… she didn’t want to see it happening… but nothing happened.

Pip frowned slightly, opening her eyes, and what she saw made her freeze in awe… “Magic…” she whispered. The winter snow had just fallen, coating everything in white, but it was also the full moon that night, bathing the world in silver light.

She bent down, scooping up a handful of the delicate crystals. She had seen snow before… but never like this. The pile in her hand soon melted, but Pip was soon distracted by the icicles hanging off the roof of her home. They seemed to glitter with an internal light.

She found herself giggling slightly as she took in the winter wonderland.

Deciding to explore some more, she started to walk down the small street, humming a small tune. Suddenly, a shadow fell upon the child, and as Pip looked u---

“Wait! So she dies!?” Mab looked up at her mother, eyes wide with horror. Her mother smiled soothingly, smoothing her daughter’s hair though she didn’t reply… she didn’t have to.

Mab found herself growing angry at the unfair ending, “That’s a stupid story!” she exclaimed, lying down and pulling the covers until they covered her head.

Her mother sighed, “Language Pip. And the story has a purpose… it warns us about the dangers of going outside.”

With that, she kissed her daughter on the forehead.

“Goodnight Mab.”

The mother sighed when her daughter remained quiet, obviously still upset. Sighing again, she blew out the lantern that sat on the night table before exiting the room, closing the door quietly behind her. But it soon creaked open as Mab headed towards the front door. She was going to prove that there were no monsters once and for all!

She opened the door, stepping outside and…

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "I'm gonna fucking die."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 413
Job : Dying
Humor : Help
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

In the Bleak Midwinter Empty Re: In the Bleak Midwinter

Post by Guest May 31st 2011, 12:39 am

I think I have a story to tell my children now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade May 31st 2011, 12:49 am

Lol XD. Your poor children. XD

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 31st 2011, 7:46 pm

I should put my own old attempts at horror stories.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade June 8th 2011, 4:10 pm

Go ahead... though this story isn't horror. XD

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master