The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:04 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Taliesin
Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) Empty Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread)

Post by Ryvius March 22nd 2011, 5:38 am

It was a big day, news crews were everywhere. The local movie stars never got this much attention. It seems that Naruhiko, the founder and leader of Kyuuism, was making a public appearance and seeing any person that came before him. One by one he took visitors, some came to pray, some came to ask for help, some to give an offering, the line went on for blocks. People had traveled huge distances. Since he started seeing people, the sun had risen and was beginning to set again.

Kyuuism was a hot topic, especially in the U.S. where it was growing rapidly to huge proportions and becoming a major political character. Many people looked to Kyuuism for hope in dark times. Of course, the talk of “A dark side” of Kyuuism was also common. The side where it was nothing but a cult that brainwashed people,e preyed on the weak, and corrupted children. A cult that used its followers for violence and was responsible for many deaths. After he finished seeing those who had come, Naruhiko himself was supposed to face reporters and answer these accusations. Naruhiko made an event of appearing in public with no sort of protection or bodyguards. It made a big show that he did not fear coming to harm. It was part of Kyuuism. Kyuuism’s aim was global peace. Peace starts from within oneself. Naruhiko was the enlightened one; he had achieved such a level of piece that it could not be broken by outside influence.

Naruhiko was an unassuming elderly Asian man, dressed in plain brown ropes with a simple brimmed hat the partially obscured his features. The brown robes hung loosely on him, as he sat in a simple chair that had been set outside the temple doors for him. He greeted each person with a smile, and words of kindness. He answered questions they had, and put hearts at ease. No one regretted the long wait they had endured to see the modern prophet.

It was nearing the end of the line. The next man to see Naruhiko was a young man, teenager probably. His features were rigid, but Naruhiko could see that he was nervous. As well as feel his mind, his intentions were obvious. The young man kneeled before Naruhiko as if to pray. The robed man looked down at him with a smile. “Why do you come before me with such anger and aggression in your heart? Do you intend to murder me?” He said in a soft-spoken voice. The question surprised the young man. It seems in his shock, he could only think to carry out his plan in a hurry. He had waited so many hours to be in front of this man. Now was his chance. He reached into his jacket and pulled out a 9mm black handgun. Pointed straight at Naruhiko’s head and pulled the trigger….to no effect. He pulled the trigger several more times but didn’t get any different result. Police that had been nearby were about to rush on the scene but Naruhiko rose a hand to stop them. He had given specific instruction that law enforcement stay off the temple grounds. Everyone gasped at the apparent miracle as Naruhiko took the weapon in from the bewildered man, putting it away to the side.

“This is a place of peace. Tell me, why do you carry such bitter hate for me in your heart? What makes you wish to erase my life from this world?” He asked the man, with his hands held out. The young man’s facial features contorted, until they all drooped downwards as if his entire face had shattered and tears flowed quickly out as he sobbed in front of the man he hated so much. He pointed a finger at Naruhiko, fiery anger in his eyes. “You…you took my sister from me you sonovabitch! You brainwashed her and wont’ let her family see her, won’t let her own brother talk to her!” Naruhiko shook his head and placed a hand on the boy’s shoulder. “What is your name young man?” He looked up and replied with a grim determination. “Patrick Craft. My sister Annette Craft.” Naruhiko leaned back and closed his eyes, as if thinking. “Ah..yes. Anette. A petite blonde girl.” Once again the young man was surprised that this man would know an individual person like his sister. “My boy” Naruhiko said to the boy in a pleasant tone “I have never kept you from your sister, nor her from you. She has decided she is not ready to contact her family again, and we must respect that. She carries much pain and bitterness like yourself…and is still on the path to bringing peace into her heart.” He opened his eyes and looked down at the boy. “Patrick, would you like to see your sister?” The man looked up wide-eyed. “S-see her? Can I?” Naruhiko nodded slowly. “Of course my boy. These men will help you.” Two Kyuuists that were nearby behind Naruhiko walked forward and took the boy by his hands and guided him into the temple doors. The man who had been filled with grim determination to kill just a moment ago was timid and willing now. The news cameras caught every minute of it. Naruhiko often said he didn’t particularly like the media…but he would not force them or their cameras away.

Naruhiko saw the rest of his visitors without incident, and then took a stand at a podium to answer the relentless question of the media. Of course the first questions was about the recent Kyuuist teenage girl, who had murdered an innocent family. Naruhiko’s face was swept with grief. “Kay Martindale was acting on her own, I can assure murder is not on our agenda. Our only desire is peace.” A reporter fired up “So, you don’t claim any responsibility for Ms. Martindale’s actions?” Naruhiko clutched a hand to his chest. “No, I do feel responsible. Ms. Martindale had only recently come to our doors, but it seems I could not help her find peace before it was too late. As long as there is violence in the world, evil will grow in the hearts of innocent people. I claim responsibility for Katy Martindale, and for every other person that commits a crime. They are the burden I carry, the reason I am here. I will not lay down to rest until I have given everyone piece. People do not need violence, that is a myth. I implore you, to listen to our message. Naruhiko was cut short by more questions, which he answered again and again with unbelievable tact. Even reporters that intentionally tried to bring up all the bad things associated with the man ended up only making him look better.

After enough questions, Naruhiko declared the session over and made a final statement. “Dark times approach, but do not lose faith. In coming days, war will erupt like a blazing fire in the middle east, and spread as if to burn the world.” Naruhiko used his connections with politicians and military leaders to speak like a prophet. Naruhiko knew more than the president about what was going on in the world. “This world will not burn though. We will stop the violence with peace. I ask you, implore you, beg you to visit a nearby temple and find out what you can do. Do not believe the lies that we must use violence for peace. Violence is not a creation of man, but a creation of evil. We must purge it from this world.” He got down from the podium, the media people cleared a path as he made his way out of the temple grounds. “If you will excuse me, I am going to have a meal at a favorite local diner while I am here. Though all people are welcome at my table always I would ask that the media take their cameras and leave. I have answered all of your questions. If you come to me while I dine, come only as the man you are beneath your occupation.”

Naruhiko walked leisurely down the street to a small pan-Asian diner. He sat down at a large table in the back of the restraint and sat with his back to the wall so that he was facing the door. He spoke to the waiter in Vietnamese. The waiter went back to the kitchen, where they began quickly preparing the steak he had ordered. Another waiter brought him a glass of Umeshu, which he slowly sipped and enjoyed.
Ryvius
Ryvius

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) Empty Re: Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread)

Post by Blood Wraith March 22nd 2011, 6:57 am

Meanwhile back in The Windy City of Chicago Derek had been resting for the past couple of hours on the couch of his brand new appartment. He had his feet relaxing on the coffee table infront of him and his head cupped up in his hands leaning as far back as he could while watching some tv. It was time for his favorite night time sitcom, but it would just be his luck that the news had interupted it. It would appear that some priest guy had made an appearence in L.A. earlier today. Derek growls at the tv for interupting his show this always seems to happen to him. Just as the news had begun to put him into a hypnotizing sleep a large dark yellow envelope hit the floor."Well it would seem that I just got my next hit it time to que the theme music"
Derek points into mid air but nothing happens, he does it one last time then begins to snap his fingeres to his imaginary theme song. Blood Wraith then proceeded to suit up as he dug through the endless pit known as his closet. Hist uniform consisted of a dark black undershirt,a heavy black vest, trousers, a hood,face mask, and a harness for his katana's, guns, and other interesting devices he never left the house without. Once fully clothed Derek proceeded to opening the envelope hoping it was someone good he crossed his fingers. A picture slid out of a small opening that Wraith had created using one of his throwing stars. The picture was of an older china man under the pictures was his name and loads of info on how to find this man. Blood Wraith recapped it was the man he had seen earlier on tv. A large toothy grin spread rapidly across his mental face."Pay backs a Bitch bub....This should teach him to interupt Tosh.0"
In the short period of Ten hours Blood Wraith had reached L.A. Via Jet liner, it wasnt long after that he had reached the small rural area he had seen on tv sometime ago. The giant temple erupted in the middle of this out skirted town. As Derek paced down the sidewalk towards the temple he had noticed the man he was looking for was in a small diner which appeared to be...Pan-Asian?
Blood Wraith wasnt exactly the type to jump to murder he wanted to meet his victim before spilling his blood. Derek proceed to the small table, once he arrived he sat down with out being invited. Derek was now staring the man in the eyes it was hard to believe that anyone could want him dead.
"My name is Blood Wraith and with in twenty four hours you can adress me as your assassin as for now I will adress you as interupter of Tosh.0 that guy is so hillarious. Wraith proceeds to stair the man down as he eats his last meal.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) Bloodp
Blood Wraith
Blood Wraith
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Back to top Go down

Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) Empty Re: Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread)

Post by Ryvius March 22nd 2011, 9:11 pm

The waiter brought a plate with a thin steak and rice to Naruhiko, and a young woman refilled his drink. He soundlessly and carefully cut off a small bite of the steak and lifted it into his mouth. She chewed slowly, closing his eyes and letting the flavor fill his mouth. He was in no rush tonight. After he was finally finished with his first bite, he began to cut another. Before he could take the next bite however, a young gentleman with poor manners boldly approached the prophet. His intentions were obviously less than pure or peaceful, but it seems Naruhiko didn’t have to assume that much even.

"My name is Blood Wraith and with in twenty four hours you can address me as your assassin as for now I will address you as interrupter of Tosh.0 that guy is so hilarious.

Shame piped up in his mind “Another idiot! God I wish I was in control now. We should lead him away from the eye of the ignorant masses and kill him painfully just for being so goddamn stupid!” Revulsion chimed in with agreement, as well as horrific suggestions. Agony would have none of it though. He was in control for a reason. He would not risk the image he had spend decades building over one fool. One life is insignificant to him anyway.

He leaned over and inspected the rash young fellow. “That’s quite a mouthful. Why don’t you call me by name instead? I am Naruhiko. You may even shorten it to Hiko if you wish it.” He leisurely took a sip of his drink. “I do not watch television. I am sorry if your show was interrupted though I am certainly not to blame. I have nothing to do with the media, or what they choose to show.” He cocked an eyebrow inquisitively at the young man. “So what now? Do you think you are the first person to try to extinguish my life? You are not even the first today. I represent change. Change scares people, even if it is positive change. There are many men who feed off war and evil. It is only natural they would assume themselves to be my enemy.” He took his second bite of steak, savoring the flavor and washing down with a bit of umeshu. Then he continued speaking to the young man in his soft but powerful voice. “but if you try to murder me, you will find the same result as the others. You could pull out a gun and try to shoot me, but your gun will inexplicably jam. You could draw a blade and try to stab me, but you will find your lunges and strikes miss their mark despite your best intentions. You could bring a bomb in with you, but it will turn out to be a dud. So the question is, young man, where do we go from here?” He smiled pleasantly at the would-be assassin.

“May I suggest you order something? My treat of course.” He waved his arm and spoke a few words in Vietnamese to the waiter who approached the table. “I have traveled the world and have not found steak more tender than the chef here prepares.” He said, making suggestions for the so-called assassins meal. “I so rarely have the opportunity to enjoy worldly things being the man I am, but I do not believe there is anything wrong with enjoying a delicious meal. The culinary arts are one of the finest human achievements.” He looked back up at the waiter who had now reached the table. “Ah, could you take an order for my friend here.” He pointed at the man across the table from him, and focused his gaze on him. “Ah…yes. I would prefer to have something better to call you than “my assassin.” Offer a name, won’t you?” The humble elder asked the young man at his table.
Ryvius
Ryvius

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Wraith March 23rd 2011, 5:37 am

Derek stroked his chin as he began to comprehend exactly what the old man was telling him as he placed an order of steak. One of Wraiths only thoughts were" how could this man be so polite when I'm being paid to kill him?" As things got akwardly silent Derek had come to the conclusion this man ment him no harm at the moment so he began to unload his weapons making a small mountain of guns,knives, and explosives next to him. Once this was complete he removed his mask revealing the scars of his past targets.

[color=red]"Mr.Hiko? I believe I owe you an appology but, you see my name cannot be mentioned at this moment, so for now you will know me as Blood Wraith." Derek smiled at the man which made one particular scar across the top of his lip really stand out among all others, because of the fact that it was so fresh. Just as Wraiths steak had appeared before him a thin Vietmanese woman commented on him in her language of origin. Derek had no clue what she had said so it very much angered him. "I would like to thank you for dinner its not often I get to eat like this, but I would once more like to appologize you see I've been paid to take your life. I would like to think that I'm the very best there is, so unless you have anything to say that would change your mind the next time we meet we could very well be enemies.

Blood Wraith began to cut into his steak ,as the knife pierced the meat blood spilled from the cracks and crevices of it. Rare was the way Derek had always like his steaks so this made the day absolutley perfect for him in everyway. Wraith once more cut deep into his steak only this time his hand had slipped off his fork and under the knife. A very nice sized gash had been made right across the vein of his hand, but to almost everyones suprise in the resteraunt it healed within seconds. Derek tried his best to play it off as if it was just a gag or some sort of media trick."I believe you have just wittnessed what gives me my edge among most men.

The Demon of the Dark chuckled as he chewed the last slice of steak drenched in his very own blood up. He finished the plate up with a large belch and asking for forgivness, even though this was the way he had always ate at home.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Prophet of Peace in The City of Angels (Open thread) Bloodp
Blood Wraith
Blood Wraith
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top