The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Willy the Whale
I'm new at this hero business (Pain) I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
I'm new at this hero business (Pain) I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
I'm new at this hero business (Pain) I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:08 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Jessica Albert
I'm new at this hero business (Pain) I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
I'm new at this hero business (Pain) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
I'm new at this hero business (Pain) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
I'm new at this hero business (Pain) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
I'm new at this hero business (Pain) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
I'm new at this hero business (Pain) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
I'm new at this hero business (Pain) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
I'm new at this hero business (Pain) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Revenant

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

I'm new at this hero business (Pain)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm new at this hero business (Pain) Empty I'm new at this hero business (Pain)

Post by Isis March 9th 2011, 9:47 pm

Isis was definitly new to doing things for the greater good of humainty, She was used to being by herself and only worrying about herself. Now she had to put others needs before her own. She wasn't quite sure if she could do it, but she would try. The wind sifted through her long red hair as she walked down a deserted allie. Doubts had started rising to the surface of her mind. Causing her a brief melt-down of insecurities and failures. What if she wasn't good enough? What if her attempts were laughed at? She was used to being laughed at, that was for sure. She hoped that with the use of her powers helping others, she would be appreciated, but she wouldn't know for sure until she used her powers pubiicly. She knew there were others out there, and she wondered if those other heros would be accepting of her.

With a sigh, she walked slowly down the lonely allie, wanting some space away from people and noise, to clear her thoughts. Halfway dow nthe ally, she put her back to the wall and slid down into a sitting position, her head in her hands. What did she think she was doing? This was silly. She should go home, take this silly costume off and return to school. No one needed her. A quiet tear slid down her cheek, but she made no move to wipe it away.

There wa a crash, and Isis looked up startled. A trash can lay on its side not five feet away. There was a rattling and shaking of the can, and a fuzzy face peered out and looked around. Isis let out a small laugh as a small cat inched it's way out of the bin. She watched and her amusment went from pleasant to angry. The cat was working it's way out of a hog tie and bag. Isis inched her way over to the poor thing so as not to scare it. She reached out and slowly began pulling the cat from the mess of string and plastic bag. She held it as the litttle cat purred at being free. She set it down on the pavement gently. It mewed at her once before trotting off.

Isis shook her head and laughed a little. "Well I guess that's a start for all this hero business. I guess I will have to work my way up from cats." She laughed again and with renewed spirit, she looked around her, confidence in her stance, a small smile on her face. "I think I can do this, it can't be too hard." She started making her way out of the ally, a spring in her step.
Isis
Isis

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

I'm new at this hero business (Pain) Empty Re: I'm new at this hero business (Pain)

Post by Pain March 9th 2011, 11:38 pm

((OOC: Say you heard the gunshots from where ever you are, and you happened to be close by. So just come running to the scene))

The Big Man stood tall on the roof of a three-story apartment building. He was staring down at a shady alley where he witnessed a group of armed thugs mugging a man. Bunch of cowards, it took five of them and two guns to mug one guy. Pain wouldn’t stand for this; he would teach these punks a lesson. He jumped down into the alley, cracking the concrete around his feet as he landed. The group of thugs immediately turned to look at the big guy, all of them startled to see the hulk of a man standing before them. One of them got trigger happy and unloaded his entire handgun clip into Pain’s chest. The bullets all simply ricocheted off of his tough skin; he just stood there with a cocky smirk on his face. “You punks aint so tough.”

The thugs all looked horrified, the man they were mugging managing to slip away from them while they were distracted. One of them managed to force out, “What the hell are you?!”

Pain closed his eyes as he softly chuckled at them, he was definitely intimidating; especially to a normal human. “A monster.” He replied simply as he took one step forward, the entire group of thugs stepping back in fear. All of them began to sweat and panic; one gunner aimed his gun at him but hesitated to fire. The other was stricken with fear and didn’t even think to reload. Pain’s icy blue eyes blinked open and glared down the group of thugs standing before him. He took another step, and the thugs once again stepped back. One of them got gutsy, he ran towards Pain with his fist cocked back. He could have easily stopped him, but he chose not to. The thug threw a punch towards his face, and it had no effect whatsoever on the Big Guy. Instead the thug broke his hand against Pain’s cheekbone, a normal human stood no chance of hurting him; he was invincible to most.

The thug yelled out an agony, moving to hold his injured hand as he fell to the floor on his backside. “You really are a monster!” He cried out at the massive man who stood tall over him.

”Which one of you punks are next?” He said with a smirk as he viciously stared down the group of thugs. They were about to get their asses kicked, and there was no getting away from it.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

I'm new at this hero business (Pain) Empty Re: I'm new at this hero business (Pain)

Post by Isis March 22nd 2011, 2:02 pm

The echo of bullets nearby invaded her hearing. Isis paused, her eyes flicking around her as she tried to pinpoint the sound. Upon locating the direction of the sound, she pushed herself into a hard run. She ran for about a good minute, rounding a corner and sliding to a halt as she looked down yet another alley. What she saw mader her eyes widen with slight fear, and awe.

She saw a group of men, and then a very large hulk of a man staring them down. Her eyes flicked back and forth between the two groups, and watched as a man launched himself at the mass of man before him. The big guy didn't even react. She heard the man cry out and agony as he hit the ground, calling the man a monster.

She opened her mouth to speak, her words briefly catching in her throat. She swallowed and tried again, this time her voice echoing down the alley with clarity. "What the hell is going on here?" Her eyes were focused on the big hulk of a man, thinking he was the problem.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm new at this hero business (Pain) Powergrid

Theme song for Isis:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEgXDhiayz4
Isis
Isis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain March 23rd 2011, 1:48 am

The Big Man was about to step forward and easily knock out the group of thugs, but his plans were interrupted by the sound of a young woman’s voice. His icy blue glare moved from the muggers and up to the young red haired woman. Looks like she was biting off more than she could chew here though, she looked just like a normal gal who got a little noisy. He had to respect her guts, but she was gonna’ get herself killed acting like that. Pain softly chuckled at her bold question, and the thugs all turned around to view her just a moment later; they figured she was a cop or something. “Bustin’ skulls girlie.” He said with a soft chuckle as he stepped forward on the attack towards the unsuspecting muggers. Two of the thugs were swiftly gripped by the back of the neck and were immediately lifted high off the ground by The Big Man. “Lights out.” Was all Pain said before squeezing just tightly enough for them to lose consciousness. They hung from his massive hands, looking almost lifeless in his grasp. A mad man’s grin came to his face for just a brief moment as the two remaining thugs made a sprint towards the exit of the alley. The young woman stood in their way, and one of the muggers threw a heavy hook from his right hand towards her face as he ran by. They were low lives who didn’t give a damn who they hurt, if anything they enjoyed it.

Last edited by Pain on March 24th 2011, 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Isis March 23rd 2011, 2:46 am

Isis's gaze met that of the much larger man, and she refrained from flinching from the cold gaze. He seemed to have a handel on whatever was going on, the men seemed about ready to piss their pants. He probably thought she was just some innocent little girl, sticking her neck out a little too far for the chopping block. Well, she wasn't about to go anywhere anytime soon, she wanted to know what was going on.

The men turned to face her, and she met each of their gazes cooly, before her gaze meeting that of the mass of man behind them. At his words, she gave just the hint of a smile, he definitly seemed to be the type to be full of himself, but that didn't matter, she wasn't here to observe his personality. She heard his comment, and raised an eyebrow as she returned with her own comment. "I can see that now." She folded her arms and watched as the big man lifted two of the men in front of him.

She watched the man appear to squeeze the life out of the two men, she took a step forward, not quite believing in that method. Killing was crossing the line. She saw the grin on his face, and her eyes flickered away from his, instead landing on the retreating thugs. She watched the fist fly at her, but made no move, her eyes flashing briefly as the mans fist connected with her force field. He went sprawling to the ground with a grunt. Her gaze flicked to the other retreating man, lifting him with her telekinesis as he ran. She looked at Pain again, a grin on her face.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Isis
Isis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain March 23rd 2011, 3:21 am

She didn’t seem to like the way he dealt with things, or his comments to the thugs, but he preferred to strike fear into the hearts of his enemies. The Gal might have got the wrong idea about the Big Man, but he wasn’t here to impress anyone, certainly not a stranger, even if she was attractive he didn't give a damn. Pain immediately dropped the two thugs from his mighty grip when the others took off sprinting, he wasn’t about to let those punks get away! Their unconscious bodies hit the pavement and Pain almost took off sprinting himself, but he stopped when he noticed the young woman displaying super powers. He wasn’t sure what the hell she was doing, but she stopped that guy’s punch with her mind alone, and that was impressive. A moment later the other thug was lifted into the air, and once again it looked like she had to be using some sort of power.

Pain wasn’t the brightest guy around, but he’d seen plenty of super-humans in his day, and he knew when he saw one. The young determined woman turned to him and gave a confident grin. He couldn’t help but smirk at her, it was a little unexpected to run into someone like her while dealing with some everyday muggers. “Not bad. Nice tricks ya’ got there girlie’. I’m impressed." He moved forward to place his left foot onto the back of the man she knocked to the ground, and the other still being suspended in the air by her powers. He wanted to make sure these punks paid for their crimes. “Did ya’ come here just ta’ save me? Or is playin’ hero somethin’ you like to do?” He chuckled softly through his nostrils as he spoke in his rough voice.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Isis March 25th 2011, 3:57 pm

Isis watched as the two he had been holding hit the pavement. Her eyes flicked back to that of the behemoth of a man. She continued to hold the one thug in the air, not straining at all with it. She watched warily as he approached, she knew he was dangerous. She let her grin fade as he smirked at her. He seemed to be a lot more confident and full of himself than she had thought at first. With a body like that, who wouldn't be? She narrowed her eyes at him as he spoke, her voice clear as she answered him. "They aren't tricks, and I wasn't trying to impress you." She finally let the thug drop, and he hit the ground with a thud. He sat there dazed as she continued to keep her eyes locked on Pain.

As he spoke again, she raised an eyebrow at him and let out a short laugh. "I don't think someone like you needs to be saved. I suppose you could say I am trying to play the whole hero bit, if you want to call it that." Her eyes went past him to the two thugs laying on the ground. "You didn't hurt them too badly, did you?" Even though they were the "bad" guys, she was still concerned, she didn't really like to hurt people, just stop them. She could if she wanted to, and would only do it in extreme cases, but that didn't mean she would let them die alone either.

Isis
Isis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain May 1st 2011, 9:23 pm

Pain’s icy blue optics narrowed as he witnessed the young woman eye him up. He was great at reading people, and her expression said several things to him. She seemed nervous about his presence, almost like she feared him. The look in her eyes seemed to say she liked what she saw, but he could be wrong, women are tricky devils. Their unique eyes locked together, staring each other down in a brief moment of silence. She quickly came back with a reply, and it felt a little sassy. He simply inhaled a deep breath through his nose and shrugged it off; it really wasn’t worth caring about. “Just sayin’, Nice moves.” The Big Man exhaled a deep breath as he pulled out a pack of cigarettes which were quickly flipped open. A single cigarette was withdrawn and placed loosely between his lips before returning the pack to his pack. As he went to pull out his pink BIC lighter, he spoke out the corner of his lips in a muffled voice. “Just roughed em’ up a bit. Make the punks think twice before pullin’ shit in my city.” The tip of the cigarette was ignited by the bright flame, and the thick gray smoke quickly poured into his lungs. He kept his foot atop the thug as he crossed his massive arms over his chest. “Never a bad thing to have some help. Don’t think I seen you around before, you new in town?” He asked in his rough voice, exhaling gray smoke as he spoke.

He paid little attention to the other thugs, they were out cold and weren't getting up anytime soon. This woman was powerful enough to beat one of those guys without so much as lifting a finger, that was something he had to keep an eye out for. Whether she was truly good or not has yet to be seen, and he was very slow to trust anyone, especially strangers and women. Hopefully she did turn out to be good, The last thing he needs right now is another enemy...
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Isis May 2nd 2011, 11:38 am

Isis tilted her chin confidently as they stared each other down for a moment. She wouldn't show him fear, he didn't need to know that the big man made her think twice about fighting him. No, she would show him that she was confident in her ability, and that should wouldn't hesitate in fighting back if neccessary. Isis could tell this man didn't appreciate weakness, so she wouldn't show him any. She shrugged at his comment. "Thank you I guess, though I'm not sure if I should be flattered by your compliment or not." She was being a bit sarcastic, and a bit on guard as she spoke to him. Her tongue sharp and quick to reply.

She watched as he pulled out a pack of cigarettes, her eyes flicking to his hands as he completed the action, watching his every move. She nodded as he spoke, a smirk on her face. "Your city huh? I imagine a brute like you would run this place, so I guess I'm not too surprised. I take it you are a sort of hero then?" She watched as he folded his arms, and she relaxed slightly, not seeing a threat at the moment. "I am newer to the city yes, I haven't really made an appearance until now, waited to get my bearings before trying to be a hero." His voice was rough compared to her clear smooth vocals, but it suited him.

Isis
Isis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain May 7th 2011, 6:12 pm

Pain’s icy blue optics coldly gazed into her eyes, his stance unmoved by her returning glare. He was completely unaffected by it and thought nothing of it, he simply continued on. She was trying to appear tough to him, it was obvious she didn’t want to seem weak, and it was even more obvious she was intimidated by him. The Big Man didn’t have to try, he was simply himself and managed to intimidate nearly anyone; that was a good and bad thing. The gal was playing defensive, she kept taking everything about him negatively, but he couldn’t blame her, he wasn’t exactly the most affable man. “Take it however ya’ want.” He meant it as a compliment, but he wasn’t about to go out of his way to make that clear to her. She was being a bit of a smart ass, so he’d return the favor. It was a little bit more difficult to sound sarcastic with a voice as rough as his. “Yeah, I run this city, I keep it safe from punks like this.” He said with a nod down to the man beneath his foot. A charming smirk came to his face as one hand move to rub his chin. “But, cmon girlie, you tellin’ me this handsome face belongs to a brute?" He softly chuckled at his own joke, lame or not, that’s how he was. “So why’d you to start here? The big city of all places?"

Last edited by Pain on June 18th 2011, 9:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Isis May 7th 2011, 10:58 pm

Isis didn't figure that anything she said or did would phase him. He was just the type to know exactly what he cold and couldn't handle, and by the look of it, he could handle a lot. She hoped she was putting up a good front with the man, even though they both knew that it was a facade of strength on her part. She took a deep breath and pried her eyes from his for a moment. She nodded as he spoke. "I assume it was meant to be a compliment, so it is wise I had best recieve it as one." She met his eyes again. "So you are the head of all heros here?" She couldn't help but grin at his comment, she shook her head, losing some of her uptightness. "Okay, maybe not brute, perhaps an ogre." She grinned again and looked away, she really wasn't one for joking. "I came here because I figured it was a good place to make a mark for myself. There are so many crimes here, I figured it would be easy." She shrugged, still not looking directly at him.

Isis
Isis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain June 19th 2011, 12:59 pm

When a legendary hero like Pain says he thinks you’ve got some good moves, you’d figure a rookie hero would be overjoyed to hear it. Pain simply nodded in agreement, yes, she should take it as a compliment. Her next comment cause him to softly shake his head, he did not consider himself the ‘head of all heroes’. He was just a leader that others looked up to and believed in, but I guess he was an icon to all heroes. Pain simply responded to her with, “Somethin’ like that.”

The Big Guy took his foot off the man beneath him and inhaled a heavy drag from the cigarette as he slowly strolled over to the young heroine. One hand dug into his pocket, the other left briefly to flick the ashes off his cigarette, gripping it in between his pointer and middle fingers. Ogre huh? He softly chuckled at that, exhaling a thick cloud of grey smoke. The Big Guy certainly was no brute, or ogre, but he had heard them all before, just had been awhile since someone had the guts. “Ogre. Right.” Pain uttered sarcastically as his hand returned to his pocket, and immediately after he inhaled another sweet drag. This gal was just acting tough, trying to hide the fact that she was both nervous and intimidated. Her act was clearly transparent, she couldn’t keep her eyes fixed on him for longer than five seconds, and instead they were darting about nervously. Eye contact, the eyes were always a dead give away for anyone. With the eyes alone, you can almost tell what someone is thinking.

The Big Man nonchalantly walked right past her, heading to exit the alley, his piercing blue eyes fixed on the path ahead. He stopped at the exit, back to back with the frightened young heroine. Pain spoke up in his rough voice, clouds of smoke escaping as he did so. “You came to the right place kid, but it ain’t easy.” He paused briefly to inhale another drag from the cigarette hanging loosely between his lips. “Things can get real ugly out here. So be careful gal.” Pain turned to glare at her over his shoulder, smoke tendrils escaping his nostrils as his fierce icy blue optics studied her, but he did not wait for a response. The great hero turned his vision away from her, looking towards the alley's exit. "The police will be here soon, I suggest taking off." The Big Man warned, but gave not another word, walking to the end of the alley before bending his knees in preparation for a powerful leap. One last massive drag from his cigarette was inhaled just before he left the ground, easily clearing the buildings around him and seemingly disappearing into the sky. Pain had actually landed on a nearby building, and simply continued leaping from there. The hero had other things to do, he was needed elsewhere..
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Isis September 21st 2011, 4:44 pm

Isis smiled at him and shook her head. "I know you can see right through my act right now, but that should also tell you that I am not going to give up and back down." He seemed amused at her comments of him being an ogre, well, let it amuse him, she didn't really mean anything by it. It was her finding ways to make herself feel a bit more like she had some control over the situation.

Pain seemed on the verge of leaving, so she met his eyes squarely, her chin jutting out slightly as she did her best to try and prove to him that she was not in fact going to back down. Not from him, not from anybody. He began to move away from her, she nodded at his back as he told her she should leave before the cops arrived. She called out to him as he bent his knees in preparation of a mighty leap. "Just you watch Pain, I'm going to do just fine here. I will prove myself to you and anyone else who may doubt me."

She watched him vanish and the bolted out of the ally, her eyes fiery and determined. She would make sure that Pain knew she wasn't going to give up, she was going to do everything possible to make people see her true potential. If ever she ran into Pain again, she would make sure that she could match his confidence with her own.

Isis
Isis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top