The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
The Return to the Rooftops I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
The Return to the Rooftops I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
The Return to the Rooftops I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
The Return to the Rooftops I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
The Return to the Rooftops I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
The Return to the Rooftops I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
The Return to the Rooftops I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
The Return to the Rooftops I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
The Return to the Rooftops I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
The Return to the Rooftops I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
The Return to the Rooftops I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
The Return to the Rooftops I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
The Return to the Rooftops I_vote_lcapThe Return to the Rooftops I_voting_barThe Return to the Rooftops I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
The Return to the Rooftops I_vote_lcapThe Return to the Rooftops I_voting_barThe Return to the Rooftops I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie
Arcana
Vorik
ghost
Tybrid
Sage

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Return to the Rooftops

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Return to the Rooftops Empty The Return to the Rooftops

Post by keil7777777 December 18th 2010, 12:08 am

((If GUN is truly dead, I'd like to leave it with something more elegant than a simple fire. No offense, Night. If GUN should reemerge or survive, then this post should still have relevance. It could be the start of a reemergence, rebuilding, or just remain a memorial.)

Xyron stood atop the last remaining pillar of the rooftop of GUN, his scarred wings spread wide and rustling in the light breeze. After the horrific invasion of demonic forces four years ago, and a subsequent fire, not much remained of the old HQ. Despite heroes and villains banding together, creating an immoveable force, and repelling the hellish invaders, nothing could be done for the once-bastion of Superhero life. No longer did doey-eyed recruits marvel at the gleaming white floors. No longer could the sounds of battle echo throughout the Training Grounds. And no longer did the constant chatter of heroes -- no... friends -- liven the now charred lounge. Xyron shook his head softly, remembering for a moment the other times he had stood atop this roof. First with Pain, the gruff leader of all of GUN, and it's once-driving force. The Hero of the World. The second time had been to commune with Azrael, the Angel of Death. It was then that Xyron had learned of the impending destruction; too late to prevent it.

The breeze picked up a little, gusting once over the ruins. Some of the wind hit a hole, whistling eerily in the silent dusk. The sun was starting to set, and the temperature was dropping quickly. Soon the night would overtake the sky and the day's heat would dissipate entirely. A strange solemnity covered the field of battle in stark contrast to the violent events that had previously taken place there. It reminded the old angel of that day, so long ago. Flashes of it still played in his head. Raide's impromptu attack on the HQ, the imminent invasion, and lastly; the capture of Tenshi. Slam's words still played in his head: "I'll do more than get her back, I'll tear the heart from anyone who dares touch her!"

And he was true to his word. With the assistance of many of the members of the Hand of Justice, and the unique abilities of the Dark/Holy Priest Kabel, the team had forced their way into the underworld. Sneaking through the bowels of Hell itself while the masses were escaping into the Earth above, the team managed to rescue their comrade. But things soon turned sour. The rescue was interrupted as an alarm went off. Demons swarmed their position, and not even their formidable force could stem the tide of hatred and corruption. The team was split, and each of the members had to force their own way out. Since then, he hadn't heard from any of the team members, except for Slam and Tenshi, who had since retired from crime fighting. Rumors also told that Kabel could have escaped, but Xyron hadn't seen head nor tail of the priest since the invasion. All in all, the Hand died that day. Zophiel died defending GUN, Faith disappeared under the waves of demons, and Thunder Storm had long since vanished (presumably Killed in the line of duty).

Remembering his allies, Xyron stood. Tears streaked down his face for all that was lost that day. He took to the air, hovering near the pillar he had just been standing on. Using his energy manipulation, he clipped off chunks of the pillar, forming a rounded top. He then carefully applied force and carved a small inscription on the side:
"In memoriam to the Fallen. When the world was shrouded in darkness and Hell had come to Earth, these brave individuals gave their lives to protect what they most cherished. Let their names tell their stories, and let those stories never be forgot."

Underneath the inscription, he began to carve the names of the confirmed dead. All the while, the last streaks of sunlight faded across the sky, and the wind whistled a funeral dirge.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
Aid me now as once before.
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,
Let me live to kill no more.

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 414
Job : Regurgitating information for the enjoyment of the Professors.
Humor : ↑
Registration date : 2009-02-13

http://xyron7777777.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The Return to the Rooftops Empty Re: The Return to the Rooftops

Post by Slamfist December 18th 2010, 12:52 am

The flapping of wings was heard overhead, no doubt drawing Xyron's attention. As the flapping slowed, Shamgarel came into full view as he landed slowly and began to speak. "You're very sentimental my old friend." Landing further behind was Jaci, having long since dropped her title of Tenshi. Shamgarel hadn't aged a day in the four years since the invasion of Hell, neither had Jaci. In Jaci's arms was a small waddling blanket, in that a young infant. After being together for 6 years Shamgarel and Jaci had been married and had their first child, but neither had contacted any former friends until now, wishing to leave that part of their life behind. But Shamgarel was always loyal, and eventually he couldn't justify abandoning those he had and still called friends.

Standing in these old ruins brought back memories, most of them good, but the bad ones shone through with the most fervor. But no matter how bad, he knew he could always count on Xyron to be there for him. With a pat on the shoulder, Shamgarel drew his oldest friend into hug.

Last edited by Gregor on February 1st 2011, 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 December 18th 2010, 1:11 am

Xyron turned as the duo... no, trio! ... landed. He smiled at Sham's comment, wiping the tear streaks from his face. "We lost too many good friends to not shed tears. I only hope they find happiness in the next step of the journey. It is good to see you again, my old friend. It has been too long." He embraced his fellow angel, bringing in his wings close to hide all the scars. When folded up, the damage was almost unnoticeable. He could still fly, but it was unlikely that his wings would ever return to the pristine shape they had once been.

After their hug ended, Xyron turned to Jaci. "My dear... it is good to see you again. You look radiant as always." He gently clasped her free hand and looked over the youngling in front of her. He smiled graciously and turned back to Shamgarel. "I am heartened to see that some blessings still emerged from those dark days."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash December 18th 2010, 2:08 am

Footsteps followed, The pattern was irregular, as it passed over the unstable debris. Cassiel walked to the group, holding a book in his hands. He walked to be respectful. Not so much as convenience. Cassiel had a solemn look on his face, There was a difference of watching this happening and actually experiencing it for reality. This disturbed Cassiel, Even his foresight did not allow him to be able to prevent things in the end. The future was set in stone, just as God's will made it to. Or at least this is what Cassiel believed at the moment. God just did not tell them what was going to happen. God puts his faith in them to do the just thing for Him. Cassiel had some apologies to make up for. His constant stress made him some sort of an asshole. He needed to get rid of something.

The book was bound in a heavenly garb that would not decay the contents under normal circumstances. It was about 500 pages long. Inside held all the names of everyone who died in the massacre 4 years ago. Cassiel had spent all this time making this book for this memorial, in hope of his forgiveness. It was separated by who worked at G.U.N. and the civilians of New York, Los Angles, etc.

Cassiel Nodded at them, "Hello everyone..." He said trying to grab their attention. Cassiel remained quiet, feeling bad for even opening his mouth. He should've kept his mouth shut, his literally know it all attitude always got him in trouble. He only hoped for a warm greeting, he kept his head down in sorrow.

The hate inside you breeds!
It's getting hard to breathe.
The walls around you fall.
Your legs are getting weak.
You drop down to your knees!
Your mind’s forsaken you!

The Return to the Rooftops Bash15
Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 938
Job : workin at a local grocery store.
Humor : Shoving Food into a bag and eating your money!?!
Registration date : 2009-10-29

http://monster-hunter.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 December 23rd 2010, 3:40 pm

Xyron turned as the other Angel entered. "Cassiel... is that you?" He walked forward, extending his arms in greeting. "I had thought you lost with the others! It is good to see you as well!" Xyron's empathy picked up on the Watcher's morose feelings, and Xyron's cheery disposition deflated slightly. "I see you have brought something to add to the memorial. Please..." The cleric angel motioned towards the monument.

Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash December 23rd 2010, 6:49 pm

"Hello Xyron... It's not just the memorial..." Cassiel said, holding the book to Xyron. He had hinted his way of apologizing. He had hoped he would get it. Cassiel wanted to be respectful and the only way he knew how was to keep his mouth shut. The book belonged more to Xyron than the memorial. It would give Xyron some answers of who he felt the pain of. Also, the memorial was made by Xyron, it would only be fair that he would be the one to finish it. "This," he said looking at the book, "You should take this."

The hate inside you breeds!
It's getting hard to breathe.
The walls around you fall.
Your legs are getting weak.
You drop down to your knees!
Your mind’s forsaken you!

The Return to the Rooftops Bash15
Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 938
Job : workin at a local grocery store.
Humor : Shoving Food into a bag and eating your money!?!
Registration date : 2009-10-29

http://monster-hunter.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone December 23rd 2010, 7:57 pm

A black cat jumped around the rubble until it came next to all the heroes. The cat morphed in to infamous Dr.Everyone. Before the heroes could tense, Dr.Everyone waved them off.

"I come here not to fight gentlemen. I may be a crazy old scientist, bent on death and destruction, doesn't mean I cannot reminisce. GUN, I was always a bit afraid of being locked up here. And when Hell came to Earth, I knew I'd have to help your kind. I was in Los Angeles, fighting alongside some newer heroes. One of my greatest enemies died there, fighting Abaddon. Blood Wraith. He was crazy, and he talked too much, but he gave me something to do besides random killing and destruction. And so, I have brought something more for the memorial."

Dr.Everyone pulled out two katana swords, and a mask with an X across it.

"His mask and signature weapons. Do with them what you wish. Now I'll be off. I need to go remind the Chicago gangs that all banks there are mine to rob, not theirs."

He flew off into the air. When he was a good three hundred feet up, he summoned his fire powers and blasted the ground. He carved the letters G-U-N into the ground, quite large.

"Immortilized. Soon I will find a way for myself to live forever, but for now, I must deal with this feeling of humanity. What is that? Is that sympathy? Sadness perhaps? I think I need to go on a crime spree to fix these feelings."

"I wont stop until this planet is a lifeless rock and I choke to death on the toxic air."
[URL=https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t1569-dreveryone]The Return to the Rooftops DrEPG_zps79285077[/URL]
Doctor Everyone's Theme Song:
Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 436
Humor : Sarcasm
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 January 5th 2011, 2:52 pm

Xyron smiled graciously as he took the book from Cassiel. "This is a monumental gift, friend. Thank you." He placed a hand on Cassiel's shoulder. "And remember: none of us are to blame for the events that transpired here." The angel turned as he sensed someone else entering the clearing. The Infamous Dr. Everyone emerged from his feline form, hands waved in a show of peace. Apparently this was to become sacred ground for all, even villains. G.U.N. was a true Hero's organization; it was out to save the world. Even those who may not have deserved saving. After the Doc's opening comment, Xyron nodded.

"Most of the world was called into action that day. For a brief shining moment, people all over the world became heroes in their own right. Even those with... less pure motivations or intentions." The Cleric Angel took the offerings and nodded his thanks. When the monument was closer to completion and the rubble cleared, Xyron would make sure all such items could be displayed. No one who fought for the betterment of the world should ever be forgotten

Then, as Dr. Everyone carved his own piece of the memorial, Xyron smirked at the irony. A villain contributing to the monument of heroes with the very same element that aided in their destruction. But just as the phoenix arised from the ashes of it's former life, the Heroes of the World would recover from their wounds and arise stronger than before. It would be a New Era for mankind; one of hope, peace, and prosperity.

At least... for a little while.

Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist February 1st 2011, 6:04 pm

Jaci began to speak, only to be interupted by the cries of the baby she held in her arms. Her face twisted into a look of 'I hope you understand' before bidding goodbye to the Cleric Angel, the Watcher Angel, and the Warrior Angel. Some of the last remaining pillars of pure good that remained in the world. The only true Angels left anyway. Shamgarel turned to both of his bretheren, speaking softly, seriously, and respectfully, "We named him after those that gave their lives to ensure his mother's safety, his birth. Stephen Zophiel. I also felt the need to take on a surname, if you need to look us up. Hirebhel. Shamgarel Hirebhel, leaves little to the imagination of who I am, but it serves its purpose." Shamgarel approached Cassiel, catching his friend in an embrace as well.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top