The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Huntsman
Banana Man I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
Banana Man I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:35 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Trigger
Banana Man I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Banana Man I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Banana Man I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Banana Man I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Banana Man I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Banana Man I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Banana Man I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Banana Man I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Banana Man I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Banana Man I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Banana Man I_vote_lcapBanana Man I_voting_barBanana Man I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Banana Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Contest Banana Man

Post by Secret Santa December 31st 2022, 9:57 pm

Banana Man

"It's time for you to Split!"

The Bio

Hero Name: Banana Man

Title: “that guy”

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Race: Pacific Islander (Hawaiian)

Hair: Black, Curly

Eyes: Brown (Hazel)

Height: 175 cm

Weight: 78 km

Blood type: O+

The Looks

Theme Song

The Personality

Likes to find the humor in everyday situations. He tends to think outside the box with everything, figuring out unconventional perspectives/connections and incorporates it both into his fighting style and his stand-up comedy.

The Story

Having moved from Hawaii to Illinois after his mother died from Leukemia, the last thing on Caleb's mind was to have a good time. He didn’t know really know anyone in his new school, could barely remember anything about his distant cousins, he couldn’t surf, and the weather here was just plain awful.

He hadn't felt like he belonged in any particular group, and he never really joined any clubs in his old school, because he wanted to do so many things, but could never really find the time to try them all. After a year he managed to come-across stand-up comedy in conjunction with music, which managed to break the awkwardness and the oppressive atmosphere he tended to give off from his homesickness. He took several months developing his jokes, and started working a part-time job so that he could buy a quality guitar for his future gig as a comedian.  

He found it ironic that said job involved him dressing up as a banana to promote a ‘Fancy Fruits’ neighborhood market, considering his allergy to bananas, but he rolled with it and flipped his sign with much gusto- it was fucking hilarious! One day, his passionate sign flipping made him lose track of time, and when his phone alarm went off, he realized he had no time to get changed before running to a café where he was booked for his first gig. In his panic, he runs through an alleyway and comes across some gang members looking to peel him apart. He put his hands up, and in his stress…. Activates his power for the first time, causing all the baddies to suddenly fall to the floor, one breaking his neck on a rail.  

Scared shitless from the possibility of receiving retribution, he runs away- occasionally sliding and falling to his face as his powers effected random things around him. He gave the store manager the suit back as he no longer wanted to be associated with it. As the months passed by, he got a partial hang of his powers with a bit of mental focus, causing him to finally get his life back on track as his powers have made him the ultimate Clutz; slipping randomly, pants falling, pencils not working, being unable to open doors, dropping his phone, and so on.

While he was shopping for his distant aunt, the same thugs who attempted to mug him months before barged into the store he originally advertised and began to rob the place, looking for the banana man. He runs to the office, knowing what to do. He comes back out as the gang suddenly lose their grip on their weapons. He picks up some fruit from the aisles next to him and he yells out “IT’S TIME FOR YOU GUYS TO SPLIT! YOUR’RE IN BANANA MAN TERRITORY NOW!”.

As he drives them away by forcing them to slide away from the store and down a hill, he runs off with the suit, knowing he couldn’t reveal his now secret identity. At one point the media catches wind of his heroic stunt and calls him a new hero: Banana Man! Being as he was, he went with the flow and let his new moniker become a part of who he was. He now uses the suit as a way to have fun and let loose outside of his regular life, occasionally catching bad guys but also sliding all over the place, pulling stunts, making jokes, and chilling out.  

The Powers

The Slip: He has the ability to remove the friction of any object or surface area he can see.  Targets also become slightly elastic, akin to a wet bar of soap or egg yolk. He can dismiss the effect with a thought. If he cannot see what he is targeting, they must at least be within 30 meters of him and he must be aware of the target’s location in respect to his location.

The Weaknesses

Objects must be smaller than him (no more than 170 cm on any side) and the areas he targets cannot have a surface area more than 144 square meters (like a 12 x 12 meter square, or a 144 meter long 1 meter wide line).

He cannot target living things, surfaces/objects made out of small loose particles (like dirt or sand), liquids, or gases.

If his powers end on an object, he cannot effect the target again for 2 x time it spent effected.

His power on a particular object ends early if its surface gets punctured.

Focus: His powers require him to focus on his target, otherwise his power would instead effect things at random, at random intervals. Losing focus also forces all effects on current intentional targets to end.

Allergic to Bananas: He had to wear a special mask just to work at the fruit store because otherwise he would sneeze uncontrollably, guaranteeing that he would unable to maintain focus of his powers. His suit does not serve as an appropriate filter and wearing another mask underneath makes it hard to breathe, so it's a risk he took assuming he wouldn't encounter any bananas. Skin contact with bananas makes him break out in hives, causing his movements to be uncoordinated and more predictable.

The Items

Banana Suit
Suit used to restrain his awesomeness. Its effectively a power limiter.

Bananolas
2 Bolas, spray-painted yellow

Banana Bat
spray-painted aluminum bat painted to look like a banana.

The Fluff

He finds it easier to target when using finger guns to point at what he's targeting. Its not necessary and might be a habit he needs to break later.

Dedicated to Mr.Goodbottom, my dearest friend and confidant.

Secret Santa
Secret Santa

Quote : "Ho Ho Ho"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 35
Job : Holiday organizer
Humor : Jolly
Registration date : 2019-11-08

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top