The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What We Do In The Shadows
Casual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Casual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Casual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Casual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Casual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Fusion Frenzy
Casual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Casual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Trigger
Casual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2024, 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Casual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Casual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Casual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Casual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
Nate6595
Casual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_vote_lcapCasual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_voting_barCasual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
Casual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_vote_lcapCasual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_voting_barCasual/Date Night [RESULTS] I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Casual/Date Night [RESULTS]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Contest Casual/Date Night [RESULTS]

Post by Zonkes September 15th 2022, 10:10 pm

Short Story Competition

THEME: Casual/Date Night

WINNERS

1st Place: Patto

Score: 24.5 out of 25.5

Comments

Z: Comments: This right here, is my favorite so far. I’ve judged 4 others, but I think Pat hit the nail on the head best for what I think this contest should’ve been all about. In addition, he destroyed my expectations as to what I thought could be accomplished in terms of word count so I have decided to award an extra half a point. If this isn’t the winner, I have some real treats coming up for me.

Prize

400 flat XP
An art piece from the great Chellizard!

2nd Place: Mr. Goodbottom

Score: 22

Comments

Z: A scene from a movie. That’s the best way I can describe this. People always tell me that my writing is cinematic, and it finally fell into place reading your entry. Beautiful, impactful, left me wanting to see more. Excellent piece, Nate. However, an extra read through to check for typos wouldn’t have hurt anything.

Prize

Ghost Slot*
200 flat XP

3rd Place:Vexxy

Score:21

Comments

Z: A very interesting story that pits the slayer of demons Rai, against the demon kingpin Isroh… on a date to the death? Such a fun idea! Sadly, I noticed quite a few spelling errors that should’ve been addressed before submission, thus I had to dock points. Very fun though!

Bonus Dan Commentary: “If she weren’t absolutely terrifying for reasons beyond his comprehension, she’d actually be adorable.”

Never before has a quote so succinctly described a character. And honestly that theme runs throughout this short story. It’s an adorable concept executed quite well, though some things are glazed over a bit I would like to see expanded on. Every line is another bit of characterization; even if I wasn’t already familiar with these characters, the way they’re written and the incredible voice and direction given them makes me feel as if I’ve known them forever. Grammar and pacing issues prevent perfect scores, but one of my favorite entries here so far.

Prize

Ghost Slot*
150 flat XP

Honorable Mentions

4th Place: A tie between Vorik and Tea

Score:20

Comments

Z for Vorik: I want to start by saying that this was hilarious. Everything from the brand deals to the hyper mega death beam Karen was hilarious. However, the story did feel a little rushed. Like you were trying to get from one scene to the next as quickly as possible without lingering. Which is fine, but I had to dock you some execution points for it. As expected, the grammar is better than mine so I’ll give it a solid 5 out of 5!

Z for Tea: So. I have a little bit to say on this story, I can’t exactly call it a short story but I am happy to say that it was in fact good. That being said, there were some things holding it back. While I enjoyed the concept, I’m not sure it resonated super well with the theming, and to be quite honest, the end did fall apart. This wasn’t bad, by any stretch. But you should work on your casual writing skills, it’s something you will use forever.
Grammar was good, but not perfect as to be expected when rushing out a story. Ultimately, well done.

Bonus Dan for Vorik: Meta as hell and full of DANGEROUS shenanigans, I love it. Fluid, well-written, and with some of the best voice on the site, as have come to be expected. However, the plot of the story itself is kind of … everywhere? Or rather, it doesn’t go anywhere, skipping from one plot to the point to the other. It was an enjoyable read nonetheless! A few minor grammar mistakes prevent full marks.

Prize

100 flat XP

Congratulations, everyone!

Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 632
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top