The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jessica Albert
Marigold "Mari" Marquette I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Fusion Frenzy
Marigold "Mari" Marquette I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:27 am by Cobalt

» Beholder of the eyes
Marigold "Mari" Marquette I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Marigold "Mari" Marquette I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Marigold "Mari" Marquette I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Marigold "Mari" Marquette I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Marigold "Mari" Marquette I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Marigold "Mari" Marquette I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Marigold "Mari" Marquette I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Marigold "Mari" Marquette I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Marigold "Mari" Marquette I_vote_lcapMarigold "Mari" Marquette I_voting_barMarigold "Mari" Marquette I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
Marigold "Mari" Marquette I_vote_lcapMarigold "Mari" Marquette I_voting_barMarigold "Mari" Marquette I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Vorik
Cobalt
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Marigold "Mari" Marquette

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marigold "Mari" Marquette Empty Marigold "Mari" Marquette

Post by Cerek November 3rd 2021, 5:27 pm

Marigold "Mari" Marquette

"Don't worry about bein a good man, people will say what they want. It's about always trying to be good that counts."

The Bio

Hero/Villain/Renegade Name: None
Title: Restaurant owner,
Alignment: Lawful good
Race: Human
Hair:Frizzy red hair in a bun
Eyes: Blue
Height: 6'1"
Weight:134lbs
Blood type: b+

The Looks

She's a tall spindly woman with pale skin and skin tags along her neck, her hair is frizzy red and usually tied back in a bun. She wears thick framed glasses that magnify her emerald eyes almost comically. Her nails are very well kept and painted a deep red. her fingers are boney but strong like talons in a way.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Personality

Mari is a rather upbeat type with a very wholesome if not a bit matronly attitude, she also has stories that could make you piss yourself laughing. She's a hard worker and doesn't like to complain about anything that's not too awful. She's the first to offer any kind of help or a ear and offer her advice, though she is younger than Cebra she still finds herself making sure he's had a good meal and in a good state of mind. Her relationship with her husband is a bit old fashion for the taste of many folk, she's quite submissive to him. Not that she's gone under any abuse.
The Story

Born the third child of a Catholic family Mari experienced an early life involving a lot of discipline and church going. Her father Daniel Marigold worked at a lumber mill while her mother Beatrice was a home maker and prominent member of the community. She had a closer relationship with her mother than her father. her two brothers, Miles and Kyle, tended to get the most of her fathers attention. Her youngest brother Miles died at the young age of 14 in a car accident, a lost cow from a near by ranch had wandered onto the road and caused Daniel to suddenly jerk the wheel and hit a boulder in a ditch. Miles was killed as he was ejected from the seat out the window while not wearing a belt.

Her father was out of work with chronic back pain and she was hospitalized along with her older brother for a month with a long recovery. Her mother was sent into a depression that eventually took her life as well with a lethal dose of sedatives. The family was hurt heavily in a way that would never fully heal,her father did his best despite his cripling injuries to provide a life for his remaining children. Mari had grown more defiant and rebellious as oppose to her brother who had become stern and more orderly. She started out with small things like drinking to which her father did punish her, pushing her further down her path. She chaneged her looks falling in with the punk rock crowd. Daniel was a man who cared for his family but also a devout Catholic, her ways had become known around town to his embarassment and finally it came to a head.

The confrontation with her father was ugly, the two couldn't understand what the other was going through and there were no cool heads around. Mari ended up pushing her father over in his wheel chair before freaking out and running away. Daniel was hurt but not severly and was helped by Kyle, Mari at the young age of 17 was in a full panic after having attacked her father and the terribe things they said to each other. She ended up taking what little money she had and fleeing to the city, she knew some friends there and would just crash with them for a while. Her father by that time had called the police and a search was underway, the issue was Daniel couldn't provide any details about her friends. It took a lot of time to track down some of the crowd she was hanging with on account of most being out of towners, no address and otherwise uncooperative individuals.

By the next day there was a news report put out for a missing girl, Mari by this time had calmed down and wondered about the effects of what she'd done and if her father was alright. It wasn't long before one of her friends showed her the news and she panicked again, thinking what a response she had caused. What really broke her down though was watching her father roll up to the mic and cry his heart out begging Mari to come home and how sorry he was. When a pair of officers see some little girl with tears streaming down her face waving them down you can bet they got her home right quick. The reunion on camera was very nice and showy for the news, one of those feel good stories. Not that it was entirely different at home as Daniel made sure Mari knew how sorry he was.

It seems in that short time Daniel had a revalation about what was more important in his life, the church it seems wasn't the highest. Or rather over time he would abandon one faith for another , the more lenient protestant. Mari began spending more time with her father and brother as they made an effort to get involved with each other more and have family time. She never did fully abandon her lifestyle as she liked a lot of her individuality. But she did change her group of friends understanding that her current friends might lead her back to drinking and other stuff. Her mother left a book full of various recipes that specificaaly call for ingredients from areas around the community, ingredients that always gave her dishes a unique taste. From barbecue, to finer cuisine and everything in between, Mari put a lot of her focus into trying to master these as a tribute to her mother Beatrice who had always intended to give it to her.

She made the decision not to leave town and go to college, choosing instead to buy an old diner along with her brother and father. The business didn't fair to well, a variety of problems including the lack of any good advertising.  She had heard about a man around town that was known for being able to lend a hand in many situations. The man had a farm near the edge of town for a few decades, he kept to himself save for a few select towns folk that were awful secretive about his life. The young crowd just treated him like the weird old dude down the road, the adults however would always tell the kids around to pay some respect. She was surprised how normal the man was when she met him, not overly sweet and kind opposing the rumors but not mean spirited at all. He agreed to help her but only after tasting the food that they had to offer.

Somehow this man attracted outsiders and folks around town to the diner, he never asked for anything but was a regular from that point on. He made sure there were never any issues in getting supplies even going out of his way to deliver needed ingredients himself. The Diners name changed to Overdale's, Beatrice maiden name. Mari eventually got married to a Brewery worker and settled down in town. She had one daughter that moved away when she was finished with high school, she still visits frequently. Presently Mari is still working her diner with a minimal staff these days, age is slowing her somewhat. There's also another secret she's been holding onto that could devastate everything in her life.
The Powers

The Weaknesses

Repeated health issues with her feet from long days of work with low staff.
The Items

The Minions

The Fluff

Application created by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Cerek
Cerek
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Ho ho ho to the bottle I go! To heal my heart and drown my woes

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 621
Humor : In good balance
Registration date : 2017-03-20

Back to top Go down

Marigold "Mari" Marquette Empty Re: Marigold "Mari" Marquette

Post by Katrina A. Russel December 7th 2021, 11:33 am

Way too OP.

Accepted.
Katrina A. Russel
Katrina A. Russel
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2017-06-25

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top