The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
 "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:56 am by Cobalt

» What We Do In The Shadows
 "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
 "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
 "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
 "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
 "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
 "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
 "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
 "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
 "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
 "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
 "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
Nate6595
 "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_vote_lcap "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_voting_bar "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
 "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_vote_lcap "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_voting_bar "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.” I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

"In a fight, anger is as good as courage.”

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY "In a fight, anger is as good as courage.”

Post by Cerek June 2nd 2020, 6:31 pm

The Cathardica... A Citadel of old world design made of weathered stone and castle battlements, tall as the tallest redwood and broad with layers of walls. Any sense of past wars is only felt in it's battered battlements left in their state for historical significance. The grounds were not as unkept as the outer structure as Cathardica was being used as a sort of political and cultural expo. The moat had the steady flow of a river being fed from mountain sources to the east and draining into the ocean to the west. The décor outside the castle was brilliant and full of varying cultural emblems and designs; flags, lights, streamers (not the Twitch kind) and many displays open to the guests. Inside the castle itself many statues and suits of armor stood along the hallways lit brightly by the miniature stars in the sun torches. The once monarchial throne room was now a place of discussion and political dealings, the chatter of dozens upon dozens of diplomats echoed off the tall walls and upwards into the high towers.

Upon the first layer of walls just before the castle itself Erum Wallenstein of the Fenris-Ulfr wolves sat at an ornate table along with the rest of his delegation and some other creatures of foreign origin. The discussion was rather mundane as it usually was in public, niceties here and compliments there blah blah. This however was part of Erum's duties representing his clan, he was as attentive as his will could muster listening to an Elf drone on. The hours stretched on from mid day till night and the expo was lit up in an array of arcane lighting, many colours and special effects were made as well. Drinks were served by the Citadel's castle staff. Along with many diplomats came a ceremonial cohort of soldiers including Erum and a battalion of Arka wolves, forty hand picked wolves of his clan. Considering all the nations attending the number of soldiers easily met eight hundred strong.

Further west long past the shores and in the deep waters of the Norwegian sea a malevolent storm had gathered and began pushing its way towards the east. What the storm hid was far more potent and malicious as an armada of black sail ships sailed with the storm. Galleons and sixth rate ships of the line sailed towards the port that supported the Cathardica. Under the hood and guise of a storm the ships sailed ever closer with clear intent to attack the inhabitants. If every ship was full then the numbers of the crew would be over twelve thousand strong. Dark figures move aboard the vessel hidden by corrupt clouds overhead, the shouts of captains and whips periodically break through the pounding rain. Hobbled and disfigured silhouettes shamble with haste in the dark snarling with the pain of their lashings. "HOIST THE MAIN LINE YOU WHORE SONS I WANT FULL SAILS!" The loud and gruff Spanish voice roars through the rain.

A flash of lightning reveals the form of one of the sailors. An old world orc twisted and ruined but now with a touch of the sea. The right side of it's face was partially eaten away and covered with mollusks while his left leg grew sea anemones from an open wound that spewed poison. It was clear despite their look of medieval era pirates they had the arms to contest modern weapons. The dreadful feeling of foul crafts came from everywhere including the clouds, the ships themselves bore ancient runes of unknown origin. The canons as well bore many runes that if spoken chill the soul of non demonic folk. From deep below the decks of some ship angry growls could be heard, but not those like the creatures above. These sounds were louder and deeper, filling up everything below with not but it's own sounds.

It would be some time until the armada arrived however and the guests were none the wiser nor was the forward watch or patrol. By the speed of the winds the fleet would arrive in a little over a day. The expo went on and Erum needed a little solitude from the masses even though he should be mingling. He found a remote corner where was built a gorgeous fountain dimly lit by illuminated violets and two sturdy benches on either side. He sat by himself and from his satchel removed an elegantly carved pipe. Fenris-Ulfr wolves were partial to the occasional smoke since it was traded to them by the scaled folk. He took a puff into his massive lungs and let a cloud up into the air following it with his gaze, until the smoke dissipated and he was left looking out at the guests taking note of anyone interesting.

Cerek
Cerek
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Ho ho ho to the bottle I go! To heal my heart and drown my woes

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 621
Humor : In good balance
Registration date : 2017-03-20

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top