The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Urban Commandos
The Weaver I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
The Weaver I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:08 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Jessica Albert
The Weaver I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The Weaver I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
The Weaver I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
The Weaver I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
The Weaver I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
The Weaver I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
The Weaver I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
The Weaver I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Weaver

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Weaver Empty The Weaver

Post by Guest December 15th 2009, 11:02 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: The Weaver
Title: (What sometimes people call you, for example, Spiderman gets called Webhead, or Pain gets called Scarface. Or something proper like, Thor The Mighty Son of Odin. What ever you want, just don't be stupid...) The Suit.
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Race: Human
Hair: White
Eyes: Golden
Height: 5’7
Weight: 150 lbs.

Costume Description/Image: if Description please be very detailed.
Mr. Weaver wears a white tuxedo complete with hat, coat tails, and gloves. In combat he takes off the jacket and maybe hat and probably the tie. I hope the mental picture is sufficient.

Personality: Derek isn’t especially bright, or wise. He is friendly at first, maybe even kind. Derek really doesn’t consider himself a bad guy. Most good villains don’t consider themselves evil, right? He can be cold and cruel, but he takes no pleasure in it. It’s all to test the limits of his abilities and resources. It’s usually not even personal. He’s a passionate young man with a lot of ambitions.

History:
Derek was average growing up. He had C’s in school, liked grunge music, even had a couple of girlfriends. All that changed when he volunteered for a sleep study in college. He was given some kind of injection that was supposed to help him lucid dream. The serum was supposed to amplify his brainwaves during REM sleep, so the researchers could measure the effects of the drug. It changed his brainwaves permanently, awakening his latent psychic potential.

He found out when he was mugged two weeks later. He tried to regain control of the situation by picturing his attacker’s worst fears. The room took on a purple tint, and the attacker fell to his knees, begging not to be killed. A few awkard situations later, Derek had figured out the extent of his powers.

Powers: There is a limit, do not go overboard with this, the strength of your powers are determined by the level of your energy projection. This does not include physical powers, such as strength, speed, endurance, fighting skills or anything pertaining to it, etc. Please be very detailed on your powers and their descriptions, don't be sloppy and make something stupid, think it through and do a good job, these will be important!

Nemesis: Derek has the ability to manifest elemental control, but only the opposite of a hero’s elemental power, and only one hero at a time. So if he were fighting a fire controller, he could shoot ice shards, stuff like that. It may not be at the same intensity as his opponent, but it can be effective.

Boost: Derek can enhance the superpowers of another with a touch, but only one person at a time. The boost lasts for up to five minutes, but it leaves the victim feeling more or less tired.

Drain: While not an actual drain of energy, Derek can project his aura to attempt to terrify his victims. He causes olfactory, auditory, and visual illusions that are very unpleasant to say the least.

PowerGrid:

Character Image/Description: If description please be very detailed on it.

http://www.emuglx.net/images/manga/rahxephon/Isshiki%20Makoto.jpg

Sample Roleplay:
The Weaver sat at the table. Sue brought him the paper and his drink. “Thanks Sue. See you tomorrow,”
Sue managed a smile and quickly left the room.
His first appointment was about fifteen minutes later.
The man was much taller than Derek, but that was irrelevant. “Please, sir, have a seat, won’t you?”

The man sat down. His face was expressionless.
“Been busy downtown, have we, Jim?”

Derek passed him a manila file folder full of pictures. Derek sipped his drink and smiled a big smile.
The man opened the folder, and his face paled.
“What are you calling yourself again? I can’t remember what the file says,” Derek said with a giggle.

“C-c-crimson d-dynamo,” said Jim.

Derek laughed like a small child who started a fire. He wiped a tear from his eye and added,
“It sounds so much better when someone else says it.”

The man clenched his fists and said, “I should kill you. That’s it. I’ll just get rid of you,”

“You could, but do you really want to go to jail? After all the creeps you got locked up?”
Derek traced the rim of his glass. The ice settled. He leaned forward just a hair and said,

“Tell you what. You do me a favor, one little favor, and I burn your file. Poof, gone, just like that.”
Crimson Dynamo didn’t know what to say. He was desperate. He did a little teeth grinding and stood up. He went to grab Derek, and Derek’s world got just a shade darker. With his victim’s fears known, it was simple. Derek had another agent, willing or not. Jim fell shaking to his knees.

“I really will let you walk with just a favor. One of my rivals might not be so generous, so keep that in mind,” said Derek sweetly.
Dynamo had fallen to his knees. He stood up, and then sat down.
He said, “I’ll get one of my girls to get you a drink. Something stiff. If you’ll excuse me, I have clients to see,”

Derek adjusted his tie, gave Jim a sinister grin, and that was it. Business as usual.

As for the stat box thingy. I edited it in photoshop, but wasn't sure how to upload it.
Intelligence: 3
Strength: 3
Speed: 3
Durability: 5
Energy Projection: 5
Fighting Skills: 3

Last edited by Wonder Mogul on December 16th 2009, 8:36 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Adjusting powers to make them coshier.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Weaver Empty Re: The Weaver

Post by VivaLaCult December 16th 2009, 3:32 pm

The only problem here is the emotion control, you can't make somebody exactly do something. Like inciting fear maybe, but not to the point where they are helpless or running away, emotion is a very touchy subject because we don't want people controlling the way that others RP, emotion control has been approved before, but to a light extent, so be very careful with this power you will most likely start an argument or two.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Weaver Wat12
VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 16th 2009, 8:32 pm

Okay. So I'll adjust that. I'll say that he can use images/sounds/smells to incite fear. I won't actually say he controls their emotions.

If I used it I would say something like:

Derek extended his aura, and the room grew slightly darker. Images began to appear to his opponents. Battlefields full of the dead, sinister black claws reaching up from the floor, scratching, groping for feet. It might be considered quite unnerving.

Stuff like that.

I wouldn't say:

Bob starts to feel afraid and runs away.

Probably you're right. Probably people will just blow it off and say, "I ain't skerd,"

but I tried.

Can I use it on NPC's to the effect it's written in the powers?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaLaCult December 20th 2009, 11:00 am

You can effect other people. Like normal citizens, but we have someone like that.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Weaver Wat12
VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 26th 2009, 12:24 pm

So approved?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist March 6th 2010, 12:55 am

You'll need 6 EP.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow June 14th 2011, 8:34 am

Trashed.

The Black Arrow's application,
Gadgets,
and Experience[color=black].[/color
The Weaver Thephantomssig
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 647
Job : Terrorist
Humor : Terrorism
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top