The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Bound By Our Darkest Desires  I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:36 am by Cobalt

» Trigger
Bound By Our Darkest Desires  I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Bound By Our Darkest Desires  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Bound By Our Darkest Desires  I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Bound By Our Darkest Desires  I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Bound By Our Darkest Desires  I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Bound By Our Darkest Desires  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Bound By Our Darkest Desires  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Bound By Our Darkest Desires  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Bound By Our Darkest Desires  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Bound By Our Darkest Desires  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Bound By Our Darkest Desires  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Bound By Our Darkest Desires  I_vote_lcapBound By Our Darkest Desires  I_voting_barBound By Our Darkest Desires  I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Bound By Our Darkest Desires  I_vote_lcapBound By Our Darkest Desires  I_voting_barBound By Our Darkest Desires  I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Bound By Our Darkest Desires

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bound By Our Darkest Desires  Empty Bound By Our Darkest Desires

Post by Odien August 7th 2018, 9:06 pm

“You’ve made a name for yourself, Nyxeria, and in such a short period of time too. Consider me impressed. The circles I operate in have been speaking of your presence-not all of them so fondly. Quite a stir that you’ve caused. It would appear you have little concern for maintaining a positive reputation, so we shan’t pretend to fix it. You may find that you don’t want to make enemies at every corner in this realm, though. An ally or two never hurts. Should you be interested in producing one, I believe we could find ourselves to be quite harmonious together. If you are willing to find out whether that is true, merely set your mind to it. The next door you open will lead to me-literally. I hope to see you soon.

With warmest regards,
Maximilian Blackwell, Oberon Global”

The letter was in a scarlet envelope, embossed with The Mammon’s seal from a yellow wax. Two of his servants took the letter into one of the more decrepit areas of Detroit, where a group of fanatics awaited them. Instructions were given that the letter only be opened by the Lady Night. If the instructions were not followed, it mattered little. Maximilian would simply send another message, but this time in a more overt matter to the realm walker herself. Subtlety is a gentleman’s best friend, but sometimes it only goes so far.

He stood in his estate in the Oetherworld, awaiting Nyxeria’s arrival. The manor and its grounds were identical to those that matched it scattered across the Earth. Or, rather, they were one and the same. Magic had a few perks, reality warping being one of them.

Should Nyx accept the invitation, any door she opened would become a pathway to the Oether. She would step through on Earth and step out into the drawing room of the estate. The only light in the room came from a lantern on one of the tables and the fire in the hearth. Enough to see by, but barely. Such an ambience might be off putting to most, but The Mammon figured it would be more at home for one of such dark flairs.

A brief light flashed around the closed door to the room, quickly replaced by unnaturally deep shadows. The handle turned, and the door opened.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : [20:06:47] * Odien has sex with Mike [20:07:20] Zell : So did his half brother, don't get excited about it Odien lol

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 412
Location : [17:31:53] @ Forceaus : Not killing the innocent is part of being a hero to begin with
Humor : [19:30:11 19/01/15] @ Bliss : It's like holding someone's head underwater and forgetting they aren't a fish
Registration date : 2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Bound By Our Darkest Desires  Empty Re: Bound By Our Darkest Desires

Post by Geist August 10th 2018, 3:24 pm

The woman robed in black leathers with the ominous black mask held an envelope. The Good Sister she had called herself when Nyx first met her, and yet now she had come to know the anomaly as more of a mentor than anything else. Teaching the young goddess more than she would have ever learned elsewhere. ”I wonder what this is about.” She said sounding curious and accepting the parcel from her. Looking down to the unknown seal, she hummed and broke it with a well painted black fingernail.

”It appears you draw interesting attention already.” Nyx glanced over the contents of the envelope, hmming silently.

”Seems a mere mortal summons me like some businessman.” She noted, sounding more intrigued than bothered.

”I wouldn’t make such rash assumptions. I’ve heard this name before and the power attached to it is not one to underestimate.” That was all it took for her to take such a thing seriously, rising from her onyx throne and going to meet this unknown person. Perhaps they would have a good rwason for summoning her, or perhaps they simply wanted to trap her like so many others before. These metahumans had wasted her time plenty in an attempt to kill her.

Space distorted, flinging the goddess through the infinitely stretching black void until the next portal met her. She came through, landing on the ground with a dull thump. Before her stood a rather impressive mansion, and yet she sensed something about it that was beyond a simple home. Magic if she knew anything about the arts. Without fear her hand reached for the handle and pulled it open, revealing beyond the comfortable room.

Faint light permeated the room, a single lantern that cast shadows across the walls and floors. Her eyes narrowed, seemingly taking in as much of the room as possible as her boots tapped against the floor. Another door opened with brilliant light and she stepped through. Should things go wrong, she knew she had a few things to fall back on.
Geist
Geist

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2018-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Odien September 15th 2018, 8:27 pm

Maximilian had entire armies of the dead, and the not entirely living, to serve him. Hordes of corrupted souls and legions of animated homunculi inhabited the Oetherworld, ready at a moment’s notice to act on the will of the Lord of Greed. And yet, even with his familiarity with ghosts and ghouls and other ghastly groups, the woman before him was pale. A person who had never seen the sun, lived in Antarctica, and wore Illamasqua 01 foundation would look as though they were from an equatorial paradise compared to the goddess of the night.

“Welcome! Nyxeria, I presume. I am so delighted that you accepted my invitation, and would grace me here with your presence. Come, please have a seat. Would you like something to eat?”, with the last word, Maximilian waved his hand in a passionate flick, and the table beside him would clear itself of the charts and assorted artifacts, making way for an ensemble of light pastries, fruit, and a decanter of strawberry wine. The Master of Malice selected a flaky apple turnover and bit into it, delicately wiping the crumbs from his mouth with a handkerchief. “I have dined with beings that embody the tastes of hedonism and pleasure, and yet some some human creations will never cease to amaze me. You must see how these simply melt in your mouth. If the species is good for one thing, it is coming up with new ways to utilize carbs.”

Obviously The Mammon had slightly larger goals for bringing the realm-walker goddess here than to discuss baked goods and sugary fermentation, but pleasantries laid the foundation for many-a-friendships. Also, he really liked apple turnovers.

“I’m sorry, it seems I have invited you to my home without truly introducing myself. As the message I sent you stated, I am known as Maximilian Blackwell, head of a few human organizations. More pertinent to our meeting today though are a few older titles. I am The Mammon, living manifestation of the metaphysical energy that is Greed. All riches eventually end up with me. I live in the hearts of men and monsters alike. And it is that identity, not that of a mere businessman which compelled me to try and meet with you today.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : [20:06:47] * Odien has sex with Mike [20:07:20] Zell : So did his half brother, don't get excited about it Odien lol

Number of posts : 412
Location : [17:31:53] @ Forceaus : Not killing the innocent is part of being a hero to begin with
Humor : [19:30:11 19/01/15] @ Bliss : It's like holding someone's head underwater and forgetting they aren't a fish
Registration date : 2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top