The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Trial by Fire
Factory Safety I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Factory Safety I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:51 am by Arcana

» Fusion Frenzy
Factory Safety I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:44 am by Cynical_Aspie

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Factory Safety I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Factory Safety I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Factory Safety I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Factory Safety I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Factory Safety I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
Factory Safety I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Factory Safety I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Factory Safety I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Factory Safety I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Factory Safety I_vote_lcapFactory Safety I_voting_barFactory Safety I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt
Arcana
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Factory Safety

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Factory Safety

Post by Quixotic August 1st 2018, 1:53 pm

New York City - 6:17 AM

Silence was nearly impossible to find in New York City, even at this early hour. No, at 6 AM, the city was already awake, opening bleary eyes to the day that lay ahead. The taxis turned on their lights and began to buzz around the city like bees, the garbage trucks lifted their arms and stretched as they left their warehouse beds, the subways sighed and made their way down their tunnel hallways through their tunnel houses, and every restaurant in the area collectively brewed a million pots of coffee. Yet, down a dark, lampless street in the pre-sun light, no sound dared to tremble between the crumbling buildings that stooped with broken backs over the pavement. The birds themselves did not dare to even fly over the area, the taxis turned off their lights. A shadow, however, dared to venture down the street, stretching up the sides of the buildings in the dim light radiating off of the grey sky. The shadow moved stealthily and steadily, bending and morphing over the textures of the eerily serene street.

In the middle of the street was an unarmed man, his long, black hooded-jacket flowing in the biting wind of an autumn morning. He walked purposefully, his face covered with a black gas-mask. The cold and wind did not bother him or hinder his pursuit of another man, frantically running with his head turned back to look fearfully at the masked man. The running man’s feet beat an uneven rhythm into the pavement. His face was stained with frantic tears, his sandy hair wildly wind-whipped around his face. He was young, a college student, perhaps, a satchel bag bouncing along his hip as he ran. Death was chasing him, death itself.

“Help!” he screeched, yet no one was there to hear. Death continued his pursuit, unhurried, merciless. The young man tripped over his own feet, his face skidding across the pavement roughly. Death paused, his attention leaving the young man as he turned onto his back to face his pursuer. Death stooped to the ground, his cape dripping onto the ground around him. He pulled the black glove off his right hand, revealing a pale hand. He ran his fingers across the dusty pavement and scrutinized them as he stood as if observing some invisible substance on them. He paid little attention to the young man slowly trying to crawl backwards away. He had retreated nearly six feet when he turned to get up, to run again. The sound of crumbling and grinding stone stopped him, however, and he stared back at Death with horror.

The flesh of Death’s ghostly hand was bubbling beneath the skin, bubbling and growing, mutating. His epidermis began to thicken, swell, expand, and harden, taking on sharp angles and cracks. The skin began to perforate with deep bumps, dust and loose pavement falling off his now larger hands and raining down to the pavement below. A hole grew in the road, and the pavement itself seemed to seep into his feet as his other hand began to transform, too, a glove of roadway on each of his arms. His left hand contained the yellow lines of the road across the palm.

“I am here to help,” Death comforted absentmindedly, reaching his large hands to his belt and pushing his jacket behind him to reveal a belt of pocket watches and symphony of ticks that surrounded him. He plucked a single watch up between his oversized pointer finger and thumb. He flicked it open to reveal the pale face to himself.

“Your time is up,” he announced with finality, his voice muffled through the gas mask. He raised the pocket watch slightly for Collin to see, then crushed it between his fingers. “I am here to help you home, to hold the door open for you.”

He extended a stony hand, but Collin shook his head.

“N-no! No! Leave me alone!” And Collin began to run again, running blindly towards an abandoned building to the left of the street, a two-story factory whose painted letters were faded beyond readability on the outside. Death exhaled in amusement, shaking his head slightly before continuing his pursuit of the boy. Death would prevail; that was the nature of life.
Quixotic
Quixotic

Quote : Local good kid who only listens to sad music.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 15
Job : Student
Registration date : 2018-07-05

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: Factory Safety

Post by Nate6595 August 8th 2018, 1:47 am

Soren had no clue why he was always chosen for jobs like this! He wasn't strong like Ferra, or useful like Ink, and he didn't have courage like Lightyear. He was just someone who happened upon abilities and was now working as a hero. That didn't mean he was brave or good at situations like this, he was much better at scouting or recon or stealth related missions! Not for direct conflict or assault. And what made least sense of all to him! What was the biggest question for him! Why on god's green earth would they send a bird hero, who was good at flying, into a closed off factory where there was very little flight room?! It was dumb! Pointless! And worst of all, it was spooky! He wasn't even in the factory, just standing a few feet from the door and he already hated this.

He had received a call a bit earlier in the evening reporting that a homeless who was also a meta had broken into a store and stolen some money and food. They would've sent in a police squad to apprehend the person at large, but they were understaffed because a large fire that was growing a bit downtown. The few cops they had wouldn't be enough to capture a meta, the only other person who would be suited for this job was another meta. The homeless meta was last seen around this area and after speaking with a few people who were drifting the street late this hour there had been sightings of a strange man on the premises. Of all the places it could've been...he had to be seen at a creepy, old factory. This was honestly the worst job that Soren had ever worked. Or...at least close to it.

Letting out breath, shaking his head, and just generally trying to psych himself up Soren finally made his way over to the large doors of the factory. Inside was beyond creepy. This first room that he had entered seemed to be the reception area, but it had been too long since it had gotten a proper cleaning. The entire area was covered in dust, papers lay all about the room, and there were several locations with broken glass. It was a hazard waiting to happen and a big part of Soren wanted to just turn around, but he had to shake himself out of it. He was a hero...heroes did good, no matter the situation. He just had to be a hero, even if he was afraid. He took a few deep breaths and took one step forward, then another, and then another until he was standing in the center of the room. He gave it another quick once over and noticed a soda machine!

Soren smiled and let out a sigh of relief. "Perfect...I needed a drink. Should be still good if this place has power." He reached into his wallet and pulled out a few bills before walking over to the machine. He slipped it in, which it did take, and then he punched in his numbers. Nothing came out. He tried to press them again. Nothing again. "Great." He gave it a tap with his foot and produced nothing still. He then gave it a smack with an open palm, but came no closer to getting the soda out. Also his hand hurt now. He moved over to the side of machine, spread his wings out slightly and jumped, giving the machine a hard kick! This time something happened!

CRASH!

The vending machine fell over to its side, missing Soren, but slamming into the ground. The loud crashing noise echoed throughout the entire facility, bouncing off the near empty halls and walls of the factory reaching every corner of it. Any chance of this being a stealth operation was ruined by the loud sound that this vending machine made when it came falling down. Soren only stood there, half petrified with fear, both his wings fully outstretched like he was embarrassed by what he had done. He stood there for several moments before finally settling down and letting out a breath he didn't even knew he had taken in. "Oops...My bad..." He said quietly to himself, still very nervous and embarrassed by the whole situation. The biggest tragedy of all was the fact that there was still no soda that had come out from the machine.  

There was no helping it now and Soren had a job to do. He turned away from the vending machine and heading into the room to the right, taking nice and slow as he went, keeping a watchful eye out for any sudden movement.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 667
Job : Student
Humor : Everything!
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top