The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Silver I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:52 am by ProwlerKnight

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Silver I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Silver I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Stars over Vegas
Silver I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Silver I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Silver I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Silver I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Silver I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Silver I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Silver I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Silver I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Silver I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Silver I_vote_lcapSilver I_voting_barSilver I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Silver

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Silver Empty Silver

Post by Michael Silver July 20th 2018, 9:43 am

Silver

The Charismatic Cat Burglar

The Bio

Villain Name: Silver
Title: The Silver Imp, Thief of the Magician, Slippery Bastard.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Human
Hair: Light blonde, medium length and usually gelled up into spikes.
Eyes: Icy blue, and unusually expressive.
Height: 6ft
Weight: 11 stone
Blood type: B

The Looks

The Personality

Some people would describe Silver as impishly charming, with a flirty sense of humour and a complete lack of morals. Most would just say that he's annoying. Silver remains unwaveringly flippant and easy-going in most circumstances, mostly due to his inability to concentrate on things that don't immediately interest him for more than a few seconds, are rarely treats situations with the severity they deserve. He is energetic and youthful; full of good cheer, ambition and eccentricity, and often acts over-dramatically as he shoots of puns and flirty remarks. Because of this people often claim that he reminds them of a labrador or a small child, except of course for his very adult-like narcissism and the unmistakable greed that shines in his eyes whenever a chance to steal a rare and valuable treasure presents itself. Silver is a fierce appreciator of the arts, and makes it his personal mission to collect whatever fine pieces of art cross his path to add to his private collection.

It is only when he's working that the worst parts of Silver's personality make themselves known. Silver owes a debt to some very dangerous people, and in order to get the money to pay it off and buy his freedom he is willing to do most anything to get his hands on the prizes he sets his eyes one. Desperation can make a man do some truly ugly things, and although he's not yet committed murder anything short of it; blackmail, manipulation and even torture, is fair game to him. There is a ruthless streak running underneath the surface of his carefree facade, and when backed into a corner and forced to bring it out he can become truly cruel.

The Story

Some people are born with everything; money, status and powers. Michael Silver is not one of those people. He was born in a dirty council flat in Bristol, England, to a mother who was an illegal immigrant from Poland and had a unique genetic disease that required expensive treatments every year in order to stay alive. In order to afford them his father had no choice but to keep taking loans with extortionately high interest rates from a local crime boss with connection to the mafia, and had to give pretty much every penny he made from his two minimum wage jobs over to him in order to keep the bailiffs at bay. Neither of them were bad people, but luck had dealt them a terrible hand and nothing they could do was able to break them out of the vicious cycle they'd become trapped in. Michael grew up with nothing more than enough food to make it through the day given to him, and quickly learnt that if he wanted anything more from life he had to steal it.

At first Michael only stole the things he couldn't do without, like clothing and bedding. But when he started to attend school and realised just how little he had he began to take other things; watches, phones and other items of proper value. His parents were too exhausted from work or fighting sickness to put their foot down, and soon Michael had graduated to picking pockets and pulling cons. When he entered high school he was discovered to have a great talent for creative subjects and the performing arts, but the school didn't have the finances to provide him with the resources and education to develop these gifts. Frustrated, Michael sunk deeper into crime in order to find an outlet for his creative nature, and soon found it in the form of burglary. He adored the challenge of breaking into ever more difficult buildings, and the feeling of superiority that came with stealing other people's prized possessions. He worked his way up from small apartments to minor estates, corporate offices and even the odd small museum, taking rare trinkets and art as well as whatever cash he could stuff into his pockets.

Then came an unexpected tragedy. When Michael was fifteen his father was killed in a pointless bar fight, and the grief caused his mother to succumb to her sickness soon after. At their funeral Michael was approached by a member of the mafia, who told him that in light of their deaths his parent's debts had been passed down to him, and that the mobster that sold that debt over to them. He claimed that Michael owed them 2000 grand, and while Michael suspected he was lying (the loans and interest rates his father had been forced to accept had been high, but not that high) he knew that calling him out on it would only make things worse for himself. The man then informed him that the mafia also knew about his burglary activities, and in order to help him pay what he owed offered him a place working for them on one of their heist teams. He'd be able to learn the skills of a burglar from true professionals and pay what he owed faster than he'd ever be able to in a legal job. Recognising that he had little choice in the matter, Michael accepted.

During his time working for the mafia Michael quickly developed the skills he knows today and was able to set up a small network of reliable underworld contacts as he travel around the world on various heists. With their help he purged all the records he could find of his old life and began to introduce himself only by his last name: Silver. By the time he reached adulthood he'd become so skilled that he left the mafia heist team, claiming that they were holding him back, and set out to earn the money to pay his debt on his own. For a while he kept his head low and targeted prizes too small to attract the attention of the media in order to get used to working alone, and made enough money to afford a decent lifestyle while still making good payments towards his debt. But eventually the time came where the smaller marks just weren't enough to excite him anymore, and he turned his attention towards the big leagues.

On the 20th of July, 2018, Silver first caught the public's attention by stealing a painting called "Magician", the first of a set of twenty one very famous paintings that together were said to be expensive enough to buy a small country, and leaving a silver coin behind as a calling card. This heist served as more than just entertainment to him, but as a message to the world: Silver has entered the villain scene, and he's here to stay.

The Priority

1. Agility
2. Reaction
3. Endurance
4. Strength

The Powers

None. Silver has absolutely no superhuman abilities. He relies on his cunning and skill set to compete with heroes and other villains.

The Weaknesses

Weakness 1: Head in the Clouds
To say that he has the attention span of a gnat is insulting to gnats. Silver has an absurdly low level of patience and cannot focus on anything that he doesn't find immediately interesting for more than a few seconds. He can't even manage to stand in a line at a fast food restaurant without getting bored enough to start irritating the other guests. Whenever Silver is required to pay attention to something that he doesn't find interesting or entertaining his concentration ends up slipping within the span of a few seconds.

Weakness 2: Narcissistic
Silver is as vain as he is greedy, which is not a great trait to have when you're a thief. Michael likes to leave taunts behind at the scenes of his crimes to let people know that he's the one responsible, and often does stupid things like take selfies during jobs or admire himself in the mirror that can lead to him making mistakes. He gets a kick out of the notoriety, out of proving himself too good for the police and superheroes to catch, which is all well and good until one of his taunts ends up actually getting him caught.

Weakness 3: Cynophobia
Silver is terrified of dogs. From the biggest rottweiler to the tiniest chihuahua, anything that barks and wags its tail has him jumping out of his skin.

The Items

• Hacker's Mobile Phone
  • Smoke Bombs
  • Lockpicks
  • Grappling Hook
  • Caltrops
  • Deck of Cards
  • Climbing Spikes
  • Dice
  • Glass Cutter
  • Gloves
  • Climbing Harness
  • Torch
  • Swiss Army Knife
  • Wire Cutters
  • Dog Biscuits
  • Clawed Overshoes
  • Crowbar
  • Metal File
  • Hacksaw
  • Hammer

The Minions

None. Silver works alone.

The Fluff

Silver had developed a wide range of skills to help him in his criminal career. He is:

A genius at

• Disguise
  • Acting
  • Forgery

Highly skilled at

• Lockpicking
  • Pickpocketing
  • Hacking
  • Freerunning
  • Acrobatics
  • Stealth
  • Tactics
  • Engineering
  • Escapology

Pretty good at

• Mixed Martial Arts
  • Driving/Motorbiking
  • Street Magic
  • Other Creative Arts (painting, singing, dancing etc.)

That being said his ability to aim with any sort of ranged weapon is atrocious, and for a highly trained thief he is painfully clumsy when he isn't paying attention.

Silver has a small but efficient network of contacts in the criminal underworld, who can help him to gather information and provide him with special services. He has also deleted as many records of his life prior to becoming a thief as he can find, including his UK citizenship and records of birth, so information about his is quite hard to come across. It does make it tricky for him to make use of services like hospitals and airports though...

The RP Sample

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Michael Silver
Michael Silver

Quote : *Voracious screaming*

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 3
Job : Cat Burglar
Humor : Slapstick, Sarcasm, Puns, Anything Thoroughly Ridiculous
Registration date : 2018-07-19

Back to top Go down

Silver Empty Re: Silver

Post by Chellizard July 22nd 2018, 4:13 pm

Approved and moved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Silver JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top