The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Application for the City of Defiance I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Application for the City of Defiance I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Application for the City of Defiance I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Application for the City of Defiance I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Application for the City of Defiance I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Application for the City of Defiance I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Application for the City of Defiance I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Application for the City of Defiance I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Application for the City of Defiance I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Application for the City of Defiance I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Application for the City of Defiance I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Application for the City of Defiance I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Application for the City of Defiance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Application for the City of Defiance Empty Application for the City of Defiance

Post by The Swolefather January 21st 2018, 5:36 am

Things with a * are meant only for Companies.

Place Name/Business*: The City of ‘Defiance’

Built/Founded*: Founded in 1113 AD

Apperance: Application for the City of Defiance D6c4a210

History: Defiance, the last sanctuary for ‘monsters’ as they have been dubbed by modern society, currently boasting a population of 7-8 million. This bastion of hope for these once proud people lays in Lincoln County, Nevada. Created around a little over 900 years ago as a safe place to hide from the ever growing human population, it stands strong to this date. It wasn't until the mid 1800s that mankind stumbled upon the city be accident, which was quickly sectioned off by the government in order to protect their citizens. The city itself lays mostly underground, minus a small town which decorates the desert floor, which mainly acts as a border. Defiance branches deep into earth through handmade catacombs, the very bottom of which is filled with a deep sea. Each species of monster is gifted with a section, specifically designed for their lifestyles. The lycans live within forests, the vampires have dark towns, the undead roam desolate lands of decay, and the water born populate the water below. The city is overseen by a council of elders, the eldest and wisest of each race, who carry out all justice within the city, as well as run a small form of government which only gives out one simple rule:
Do not prey upon your brethren
The economy within Defiance is ran on the precious metals; Gold, Silver and Copper..but the barter system is also widely accepted within the city. The council taxes the city, but runs as a non-profit government, using the money to employ teachers, doctors, and those who can repair city structures and streets. The city provides free education and medical care to those who wish to use it, allowing for young monsters to learn to blend into human society without the stresses of being caught. As for infrastructure, motor vehicles are prohibited, but self propelled modes of transportation are encouraged. For the water born, aqueducts are seamlessly incorporated into the streets, allowing for comfortable commutes for those less inclined to dry climates. The ceiling of the cavern is covered by an artificial sky, which cycles through the hours, as to keep citizens sense of time on track incase they travel above. The city itself is self sustainable, but stays away from industrialization. Most electronics are ran off of mana crystals which supply electricity, while food is farmed and never wasted. For those with a diet consisting of anything related to humans, there is a farm for that as well. Many humans are kept to produce blood for the vampire population, while others are slaughtered for their flesh and bones. These options are for those who choose to play it safe, such as children, until they are ready to hunt. The current state of the city is relatively peaceful..basic quarrels between rival species such as vampires and werewolves occur, but never go beyond a few insults in fear of punishment. The human outcast population on the other hand is under much scrutiny. While considered outlaws and monsters due to their practices, they are generally not accepted within the walls of Defiance.
The Swolefather
The Swolefather
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : SHRP's strongest member
Lift things up, put them down.
Resident competitive weightlifter.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-08-29

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top