The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:36 am by Cobalt

» Trigger
The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_vote_lcapThe Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_voting_barThe Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_vote_lcapThe Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_voting_barThe Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP]

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Re: The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP]

Post by GamerXZ November 11th 2017, 9:28 pm

Tiring from the constant fighting, Siren began to shrink back down to their original size, features reverting as they returned to normal, "Is it...over?" The heroine looked up to see the void finally being closed and then over to where Pinnacle stood. Despite her exhaustion and pain, she managed a small chuckle, "Good to see you still in one piece, man...for a moment there I actually thought you were a goner..."

However, at his words, Siren looked out over the field of corpses and destroyed scenery before giving a sigh of resignation, "Yeah...suppose we should get to work then..." After a quick breather, Siren got to work moving the corpses of the horrors down into the trenches that had opened in the earth along with the remains of the fallen soldiers before starting to seal them up. As the work went on, the soldiers' souls all retreated back to the earth or to the darkness of the woods, their pain and sorrow having been eased, at least for tonight.

GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnacle November 13th 2017, 4:20 pm

Pinnacle aided Siren in her cleanup job, and when everything appeared to be in order, he nodded to no one in particular at the sight of the place, restored, as it was, to its former glory.

"You know, you didn't do so bad out there, yourself. Ever considered joining ECLIPSE? We could use an operative possessed of your considerable abilities." He said, hovering down the tied up unconscious cultist to them so that he hung in the air behind Pinnacle.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Siren's Call (Pinnacle & Siren) [Double XP] - Page 3 PinnacleSig
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality. Through this, we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all; infinite in distance and unbound by death."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 270
Job : ECLIPSE Agent
Humor : PUNS!
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ November 13th 2017, 7:00 pm

The work was long and rough but compared to what the alien heroine and her partner had just been through, it was a piece of cake. Siren let out a yawn and took a seat back under a tree, admiring the work. At hearing Isaac's question, Siren pondered how to answer that for a few seconds before shaking her head with a smile, "Thanks for the offer, but I think I'd like to remain a free agent at least for a while longer. However..."

Siren picked up a chunk of shredded wood and morphed her hand into a claw to chisel her number into it before handing it over, "Here. My number for in case you run into any trouble, just give me a call and wherever I am, I'll come running...I'd recommend memorizing the number and then burning this. You know, just in case..." She winked before gesturing over her shoulder, "Now, I'm off to grab some Halloween candy if you wanna follow."
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Job : College Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnacle November 13th 2017, 7:47 pm

Israel Knight burned the board without hesitation when the words about doing so had only barely escaped the Siren's lips. "I had it memorized the instant I saw it. It's quite literally impossible for me to not instantly memorize anything and everything that I see, hear, feel, or otherwise experience. It's a blessing and a curse." He said, before momentarily adding: "It's how I was able to seal the rift in reality, from whence our friend the eldritch swarm monster came; I used an incantation from the book."

Presently, Pinnacle did indeed follow Siren, intending to elaborate on his original offer for more than one reason... I understand your desire to be a free agent, or perhaps I should say agents, Aurora and Alan, but under ECLIPSE, that is essentially what you'd be. And no, I didn't intrude on your mind again. In fact, I never did. You see, thoughts manifest as what you might call 'ripples' in the aether, I simply read the ripples. Surface thoughts. Nothing deeper. He said. "And I cannot help but recall that earlier, you stated that you had never heard of ECLIPSE before, or the Anti-Disaster Measures Hero Association. Might I take the time to elaborate whilst you are on your way towards this candy acquisition excursion? He inquired.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality. Through this, we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all; infinite in distance and unbound by death."

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ November 13th 2017, 8:08 pm

"Certainly sounds like it," Siren mentioned in a sympathetic tone, "I'm not sure how I'd handle having to remember every little detail of everything I saw, said and did..." With a snap of her fingers, her hooded cloak reformed and a skull mask took shape in place of her face as she put up the hood. She listened to Isaac's explanation of his ability and how it worked which honestly put her mind a little more at ease, "That's good to know,"

As she went towards their destination, Siren listened to his explanation and got the impression he was really interested in getting her aboard and she did know that she couldn't remain a free spirit forever, "Go right ahead. You've helped me a lot tonight so it's the least I can do."

Last edited by GamerXZ on November 13th 2017, 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnacle November 13th 2017, 8:32 pm

Israel bowed appreciatively, as the cultist continued to float along behind, still unconscious.

"E.C.L.I.P.S.E., or the Elite Covert League of International Powered Super-Envoys, was created to foster cooperation between nations, and provide humanity with powered aid against the increasing rise of powered threats, and it has grown to become the premier agency responsible for providing global intelligence on the ever-changing political, social, economic, technological, and military environment of the world. At E.C.L.I.P.S.E., if you were to join, your paramount goal and mission would be to protect the national security of whichever nation has called on you to set things right. Virtually any job you can imagine is available there." Israel continued.

"The league attempts to fulfill its mission by:
One, creating special, multidisciplinary centers to address such high-priority issues such as metahuman nonproliferation, counterterrorism, counterintelligence, international organized crime and narcotics trafficking, environment, and arms control intelligence.
Two, forging stronger partnerships between the several metahuman collaborations, intelligence collection disciplines,  and all-source analysis.
Three, taking an active part in Intelligence Community analytical efforts and producing all-source analysis on the full range of topics that affect global security.
And four, contributing to the effectiveness of the overall Intelligence Community by managing services of common concern in imagery analysis and open-source collection and participating in partnerships with other intelligence agencies in the areas of research and development and technical collection."
Israel said, apparently quite versed in outlining the organization to which he belonged.

"You see, E.C.L.I.P.S.E. is run by a multinational council of world leaders, with individual agents of the organization living around the world. When a crisis occurs within the borders of multiple countries, the council may meet to determine where agents would be of most use, but primarily, agents are free to travel unless called away to a pressing matter of international security.

Think of E.C.L.I.P.S.E. as a global security force of special agents not unlike those of the CIA. As such, the missions given by such an organization are those of global and national security. These include, but are not limited to, silently containing (and sometimes eliminating) threats, surveillance of potential metahumans, or known metahumans deemed to be possible threats, reconnaissance, and asset recovery.

Members are government mandated powered individuals, which comes with some benefits and some drawbacks. Self defense training is offered to ensure that agents are prepared for CQC situations, this includes knowing how to disarm an opponent of things such as pistols, knives, and some assault weapons.

Passports and badges are provided, transportation, food, and lodging are paid for by a pool of multinational government funds, and a certain amount of diplomatic immunity is afforded to each member. A generous bi-monthly salary is paid to each member as well." Israel said, eyeing the Siren a bit as he had been talking for a good bit now.

"However, as an international agent of the law, you would be expected to abide by said law, thus, criminals are to be tried in a court of law where appropriate and possible, cooperation is expected with local law enforcement, and you would of course be held responsible for any damage to structures and especially people that you may cause. Also, you would be expected to follow all local and regional laws, but that goes without saying." He paused, mostly because he felt that such a thing may be welcome at this point in time, and they were almost to her candy based destination.

"So..." Israel said. "I know that that was a lot to take in, but what do you think?"

Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ November 13th 2017, 8:50 pm

Siren had been listening along to what Isaac was trying to say...but he eventually lost her as he started outlining every single detail of said organization. Of course, she still picked up on the details  they felt were actually relevant such as keeping tabs on metahumans and dealing with different types of crisis around the world. That didn't detract from the fact that said explanation was incredibly long and boring.

"Oh my gosh, is there a mute button on this guy?!" Aurora could be heard slamming her head against the wall of their shared mind space, "I swear, he's like one of those door-to-door salesman who doesn't know when to zip it!! Can we please make him stop?!"

"Aurora, he helped us stop an invasion of eldritch horrors from another dimension. I think we owe him this much," Alan remarked though even he was quickly losing patience as evident by Siren bobbing her head side to side, "Besides, what do you think we should do?"

"Tell him we'll do whatever he wants, just as long he doesn't try to murder us by over-explaining stuff ever again!!" Aurora demanded, looking ready to reach her breaking point.

Upon arriving at their destination, it seemed Pinnacle had finally finished his explanation. Siren took a moment to breathe before turning back to face him, "Yeah, that...actually sounds pretty good. You know what? Sure, I can use an actual job for a change...I just got one condition..." She dropped to her knees with her hands clasped together, "Please, please, PLEASE, don't ever  explain yourself or your group  like that ever again! That is all I ask!"
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnacle November 13th 2017, 9:04 pm

Israel smiled. "Oh come now, I wasn't THAT long-winded." He said.

"Anyhow, I'm happy to hear it. After all, perhaps E.C.L.I.P.S.E. will be where the Siren finds her true call in life... If you'll pardon the pun. That said, I'll leave you to your Trick or Treating." He said, bowing respectfully, before wheeling about and heading off into the night, cultist still in tow.

=== END THREAD ===

Pinnacle
Pinnacle
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top