The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Santo Dorado
Travis Halls I_icon_minitimeToday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Travis Halls I_icon_minitimeToday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Travis Halls I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Travis Halls I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Travis Halls I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Fusion Frenzy
Travis Halls I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Pleasant Point
Travis Halls I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Travis Halls I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Travis Halls I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:26 pm by inquisitor

» The birds of expedience
Travis Halls I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:45 am by Cerek

Top posting users this week
Arcana
Travis Halls I_vote_lcapTravis Halls I_voting_barTravis Halls I_vote_rcap 
inquisitor
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Travis Halls

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Travis Halls Empty Travis Halls

Post by TravisHalls June 24th 2017, 10:43 pm

Travis Halls

"Why should I help save people that may grow up to be evil?" - Snap

The Bio

Renegade Name: Snap
Title:
Alignment: True Neutral (often siding with the side that he knows will win or pays him the most.)
Race: White
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 182
Blood type: A

The Looks

(drawing is being made) Snap has a scar on his face from his father’s last bounty mission.  His scar is a straight line starting in the middle of his ear working down to his mouth.  Usually wears a hat with a logo of whatever is trending at the time.  His long brown hair goes halfway down his neck and is never groomed.  Though he is white, he tans very well and can sometimes be confused for an hispanic.  Usually wears a black tee shirt, black pair of jeans, sneakers, and sometimes a trench coat.  Voice is young and energetic.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Personality

Travis has punk like qualities, always looking to have fun and holding no loyalty to anyone.  That being said, he is not a bad person and would help anyone out if it wasn’t too burdensome to do so.  He does not intentionally seek to hurt people, but he truly only cares about himself.  He often feels bad for things he’s done, but he usually justifies through some long explanation.

The Story

His father was a bounty hunter by the name of Zip, Travis often went on trips with him hunting down bad guys and handing them to good guys and capturing good guys and handing them to bad guys.  His father instilled in him that there is no real good or bad and that everyone is just trying to help themselves.  His father also went out of his way to help people on the street from criminals, often lurking in alley ways on nights he had nothing to do waiting for someone to get mugged.  Travis thought that this was a waste of time and instead wanted to catch the next bounty.  His mother left his father when he was very young, she couldn’t stand being with a bounty hunter or having a child with one.  His father was the only adult role model he had, he had no friends since he was constantly moving with his father to the next bounty.  His entire schooling came from his father, so he lacks the ability to do high school level math, understand science, and read on a level above grade school.  When he was 17, his father died on their last mission into a biochemical company to kill a supervisor who had been stealing ideas and selling them on the black market, Travis vowed to his father that he would never do anything he would regret, a promise he has not been able to keep.

It was at that biochemical plant that he garnered his ability to teleport.  How, no-one knows as he destroyed the entire building using natural gas after his father’s passing in the building.  The chemicals they were experimenting with in that plant were trying to alter human D.N.A., but that is all we know.  And likely that is all we will ever know, as not only was the building destroyed, but most of the employees along with it.

[hidden]For the staff; the teleportation powers came from the plant after Travis' father shot at the hit that night.  The shot missed the target and hit a tank containing an experimental chemical that was being used for test teleportation machines.  It was in that room his father died and where Travis was contaminated.[/hidden]

The teleportation powers are considered to be deconstruction as the body breaks up into various materials (i.e. dust, ice, crystals, flower petals, etc...) and reconstruct elsewhere, possibly moving as the materials. In some cases, the user's limbs and body simply separate and reform in another location.  However, the teleportation happened immediately after Travis snaps his fingers, so there only milliseconds between the point he dematerialized and then reconstructed.

Nowadays, He only uses his teleportation to help himself or those who pay him, often helping criminals escape from jail, enter a secured place, or get away from the cops…  Always trying to make a few bucks, then doing the job, seeing the people he hurts in the process, getting mad at himself, and drinking to excess.

The Priority

1. Agility.
2. Reaction
3. Endurance
4. Strength

The Powers

The ability to teleport to any place Travis has been to by simply thinking about it and snapping his fingers.  He can also teleport anything that is making direct skin contact with him, allowing him to transport people and items for a price.
The Weaknesses

He is weak and possessives little strength compared to other meta humans, is almost always over matched in hand to hand combat, often becomes distracted if he sees a bystander in trouble, and he cannot teleport if he can’t snap his fingers, rendering him harmless.
The Items

Travis never likes to carry a weapon, but he does own quite the collection of military type weaponry that he stole.
The Minions

He has a better chance getting over his alcoholism than finding someone who wants to follow him into battle.  
The Fluff

His bank statement changes with each passing month, often he spends more than he earns.  He’ll do a job and get paid handsomely for it, but in a few weeks it could be all gone.  He often buys land around the world so he has safe places to teleport to, the rest he spends at parties and clubs.

He is unknown to most of the world and that’s just how he likes it, he hates having people recognize him because it makes it harder for him to do business.  The good things he has done has always been on a small level and the bad things he has done has always been behind the scenes.

The RP Sample

Travis stares at the half full beer bottle…  The memories of his last job still lingering…  The people who died…  For his paycheck…  He takes another swig finishing his bottle, he tosses it to the ground, looking up he can see the stars.  He always liked sitting in his back porch in Trenton, Wisconsin at night.  It allowed him to see the vast universe we live in and how small we all are.  It helps him justify the things he’s done during day, the people he hurt and the men he helped steal and pillage…  Slowly he began to drift asleep…

“Travis!...  Travis!” came a familiar voice as Travis jolted out of bed, “What?  What’s up now pops?”  And older looking man in his late forties looked Travis in the eyes and exclaimed, “It’s our biggest bounty yet and he’s only a few blocks away!”  Travis jumped out of bed and quickly threw some clothes on while his dad dug thru the hallway closet for the weaponry they stashed away.  The two raced out the front door of their city apartment building and began running towards to suspected target's last known location, “How do you know this is where he is?”  Halls asked while puffing.  “I got a tip from a reliable source, he’s murdered countless live from some scum up in New York.”  After about a 2 minute sprint they reached the location, a local late nite dinner.  They eased into the dinner and began surveilling the tables and booths for the man they were looking for.  After searching for a brief moment, the father nudged Travis and shrugged toward a man in a far booth wearing a cowboy hat.  “That’s the man…” He whispered…  “Then let’s get him!”  Travis commented as he rushed the wanted man.  “No Travis, stop!”  The man in the cowboy hat stood up and grabbed a nearby waitress by the waist and put a knife to her throat…  “Now…  I suggest you take a few steps back…  And let me through that door or else I'll, well…  you know…”  The wanted man croaked.  

Travis weighed his options…  Now holding a .33 in his right hand down by his waist…  “Do what he says” his father spoke at a distance.  But Travis couldn’t…  This man had killed hundreds and will kill more in the future, unless he was stopped now…  He looked the wanted man right in the eyes…  Then, he pulled his gun and fired.  The bullet hit the wanted man, after it went through the waitress…  The scream from the woman was loud and could be heard for blocks…  Travis looked as both of them fell to the ground and then he felt his father’s hand on his shoulder, “I stopped him father, from hurting anyone else” Travis muttered.  “No, you murdered a young woman.” his father corrected.

The sun hit him hard, he sputtered as he woke up, alcohol still in his mouth.  Looking up at the blinding sun, almost midday…  He made it through one more night, "how many more does he have to go through?", he asked in his mind.

Application created by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Last edited by TravisHalls on June 25th 2017, 2:37 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Correcting things so I can get approved, reading other editor's notes help!)
TravisHalls
TravisHalls

Quote : "Why should I help save people that may grow up to be evil?"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 25
Job : College Guy
Registration date : 2017-06-24

Back to top Go down

Travis Halls Empty Re: Travis Halls

Post by Chellizard June 26th 2017, 10:25 pm

Approved and moved.

Welcome to SHRP.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum