The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Willy the Whale
Supernatural Detective Meets Mundane  I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:40 pm by Zonkes

» Urban Commandos
Supernatural Detective Meets Mundane  I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
Supernatural Detective Meets Mundane  I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:08 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Jessica Albert
Supernatural Detective Meets Mundane  I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Supernatural Detective Meets Mundane  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Supernatural Detective Meets Mundane  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Supernatural Detective Meets Mundane  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Supernatural Detective Meets Mundane  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Supernatural Detective Meets Mundane  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Supernatural Detective Meets Mundane  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
Supernatural Detective Meets Mundane  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Revenant

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Supernatural Detective Meets Mundane

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Supernatural Detective Meets Mundane  Empty Supernatural Detective Meets Mundane

Post by Romulus Emanuel Mercury December 28th 2016, 1:17 pm

Disappearances, bodies turning up out of nowhere, strange drawings popping up in places they did not belong or were not at before, strange sounds and flashes of light, things that are that should not be. All of it seemingly connected to one person. Romulus was of a scientific mind but he was no fool like some others who claimed that there was no such thing as magic. He had trained with quite a couple of occult users during his years of training. He himself never really picked up any of it or saw an interest in it for himself. That however did not mean he was unable to spot the signs when they were there or was unaware on how one could protect themselves. He had plans for everything. Or so he liked to tell himself, and not knowing something or not having all the pieces was not something he enjoyed.

Which was why the man in black was making his way down the streets of Chicago to an old residential district. It was less populous than the inner city, not nearly as big or flashy and had a sort of ‘old world’ feel to it. As if it was ripped from the pages of an ‘80s horror film complete with town graveyard. It was in this part of town that he was hopefully to come across the individual he was looking for, the man whom he believed to be either the cause or reason for all the supernatural events that had been occurring. What he was going to do with the man, or woman, or thing, when he found them he was still unsure of but he was prepared for the worst.

Investigating the town, a bit it soon became clear that he was not the only ‘outsider’ that had been here tonight, that someone else had been seen snooping around an older building in town. Someone who didn’t quite belong. The lead may have been a bit too forward and possibly even planned but there was no way that the individual knew someone was following him, Romulus himself wasn’t even fully aware of what he was getting himself into. So, he took off towards the building as quietly and stealthily as he could move while not sacrificing speed as he needed to get there before anyone else got hurt.

However, it seemed he was too late. Upon arriving at the scene of the ‘disturbance’ there were already noises coming from inside the building. Shouts, screams, echoing wails, and a couple of crashes here and there. Cursing under his breath the dark avenger wrapped his hand around his silver brass knuckles and dived in through a broken window on the first floor. Landing inside into a roll, he positioned himself up against the wall and creeped forward towards the source of the noises. He needed to know what was going on, and wanted to get there before anyone got hurt but he also didn’t want his presence to be known just yet. When dealing with things of the unknown it was best to ascertain some information before attacking. He was only human.

Moving down the stairs he’d make his way towards the source of the noise in what appeared to be the basement. Flexing his fingers as he went, the noises becoming louder the closer he got now able to make out the sounds of not one and not two but three different voices. Two male and one female, the female sounded the oldest of the two and there was one young male voice mixed in as well. He couldn’t quite make out what they were saying just yet but as he slinked down to the bottom of the stairs and turned his head to look into the room he saw the scene unfolding in front of him and reacted. A silver throwing star left his hand and made its way to strike the younger man who from his vantage point was attacking the older man and lady.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Romulus Emanuel Mercury
Et Bellator's Experience
Romulus Emanuel Mercury
Romulus Emanuel Mercury
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "I am not a hero nor a villain I am simply a man prepared to do what is necessary to make sure no one goes without a family."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-03-10

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top