The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Huntsman
a night to remember - A Night To Remember I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
a night to remember - A Night To Remember I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:35 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Trigger
a night to remember - A Night To Remember I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
a night to remember - A Night To Remember I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
a night to remember - A Night To Remember I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
a night to remember - A Night To Remember I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
a night to remember - A Night To Remember I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
a night to remember - A Night To Remember I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
a night to remember - A Night To Remember I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
a night to remember - A Night To Remember I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
a night to remember - A Night To Remember I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
a night to remember - A Night To Remember I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
a night to remember - A Night To Remember I_vote_lcapa night to remember - A Night To Remember I_voting_bara night to remember - A Night To Remember I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
a night to remember - A Night To Remember I_vote_lcapa night to remember - A Night To Remember I_voting_bara night to remember - A Night To Remember I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A Night To Remember

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

a night to remember - A Night To Remember Empty A Night To Remember

Post by GamerXZ June 24th 2017, 10:25 pm

If there was one major benefit to being able to fly was that you were free to go almost anywhere you want at anytime you desired. It also meant that if you were being called upon to attend something important there wasn't much stopping you from going. Except for air traffic but that was besides the point.

Siren had just been visiting the CN Tower when she had been approached by city officials about taking part in a benefit concert meant to raise money to help the city after a recent slew of attacks by criminals both of the mundane and not so mundane variety had ruined several major businesses. Siren agreed and now here they were, standing outside a curtain as mere minutes were all that remained before the big show.

Alan peeked out from behind said curtain and swallowed a lump in his throat at seeing the huge crowds of people gathered out in the bleachers, looking just a little pale, "Ah geez, there's so many people out there tonight...why on earth did I agree to this again?"

"Maybe because you're a total softy who can't bear the thought of seeing good people suffer?" Aurora offered as she floated up next to him and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder, "Relax partner. Just follow my lead and I promise we'll put on a show so good it'll blow these folks socks off, ok?"

The former human took a deep breath to compose himself before nodding his head to her, "You're right...thanks, Aurora." He went back to watching the rest of the last act before he and his partner took the stage.

Last edited by GamerXZ on July 16th 2017, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 344
Job : College Student
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

a night to remember - A Night To Remember Empty Re: A Night To Remember

Post by ShroudedKonqueror June 25th 2017, 12:56 am

Adam extricated himself from the Titanium armor, using the shadows to try and keep out of sight. He still couldn't believe that Ariana had convinced him to come all the way to fucking Canada. It was almost as unbelievable as her convincing him to bring her here using his armor. But somehow she managed it. Sure, it was easily the fastest way to get to Canada and his technopathy allowed him to connect to the Armor every so often to make sure it wasn't being tampered with, but the Titanium armor still shouldn't be used as a taxi...and a 14-year-old shouldn't be that convincing. Adam stepped out of an alley adjoining the venue several seconds after his sister and... he had lost her already.

Shit.

His eyes hesitated on every face passing him by on the sidewalk, searching for his sister. He made absolute sure to quickly bury any thought of panic; a passing thought of worry for her could easily lead to him returning to his armor and flipping cars to find her. Knowing that you're involuntarily extremely paranoid doesn't make it any easier. He still had to do something before the voices started. He very calmly opened his mouth to speak when a tap on his shoulder made him stop.

"I'm here genius," Ariana said with a raised eyebrow. "Don't worry, I've been just fine the whole time,.I just wanted to see what the place looked like up close."

Relief flooded Adam's stomach, he thought he hadn't been worried at all, but the loosening knot in his stomach said otherwise. "I wasn't worried.....but you know better."

Ariana grabbed Adam's hand and walked insistently towards the venue. "You're right I'm sorry and I promise not to stress you out after this... You've been a pretty good brother lately."

Adam cocked his head to the side, even if Ariana couldn't see. "Lately? I feel like I remember saving you from terrorists."

Ariana simply pulled harder at his arm instead of answering him.
ShroudedKonqueror
ShroudedKonqueror

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2017-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ June 25th 2017, 1:20 am

As the audience clapped for the band members while they finished up and left the stage, Alan figured it was now or never. He turned towards his partner who only grinned and held out her hand. With a sigh of resignation, he smiled back and took the offered hand, the two doing their traditional mid-air tango before becoming two figures of light and uniting together as one.

From within the cocoon of light,  a new entity emerged.
Spoiler:

Siren stepped onto the stage as the announcer could be heard introducing her while she hid behind the curtain, "And now,  for tonight only, we bring to you fine folks of Toronto a special treat! For one night only, the mysterious, captivating, beautiful enchantress that has captured the hearts of many...here is Miss Siren!!!"

The curtains raised to reveal her to the public. Summoning whatever determination she had in her, she strode toward the microphone and took it, her eyes filling with some sort of inner fire as she took a deep breath, "...Good evening to you, Toronto! I hope you're all having a great time tonight!! Well, are you?!" A half-hearted cheer came from the populace. She put a hand to her ear, "What was that? I can't hear you!"

The majority of the crowd suddenly cheered loudly before she shook her head, "Not good enough! Bring on that positive energy!!" The latest cheer was so loud that you swore it could shake the bleachers. This time, she nodded proudly, "Much better! Now then, this one goes out to all you hard-working folks out there who don't give up no matter how dark things get! Here we go."

With that, she began to sing:
Spoiler:
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by ShroudedKonqueror June 25th 2017, 12:06 pm

Adam dutifully followed behind his sister as she darted through gaps in the crowd to until they made it inside the venue. It was no concert hall, with bleachers arranged around a pop-up stage. But expert lighting and a gentle layer of smoke, or maybe mist, draped around the perimeter managed to make the space appear nearly endless while simultaneously invoking a sense of mystery.

Ariana, now visibly giddy with excitement, yanked Adam into a seat a close as they could get to the stage. "Is she really that good?" Adam inquired. "How have I never heard of her?"

Ariana was bouncing up and down now."She's new but I fell in love as soon as I heard her now shut up I think she's coming out."

Adam shifted in his seat while an overeager man yelled at the crowd from the stage; there were too many people in too small of a space. He finally gave up on being comfortable just as the announcer retreated backstage. "Let's see what all the fuss is about I guess."

The curtains parted to reveal a stunning woman in a purple geisha-like outfit trailed by flowing blonde hair as long as her. Adam's eyes widened at the sight.

Wow.

Her lips moved, but no sound came out, at least not until she sang like the reincarnation of Ella Fitzgerald. Adam was stunned.
ShroudedKonqueror
ShroudedKonqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ June 25th 2017, 12:28 pm

Alan was never good at dealing with large crowds but somehow, knowing that Aurora was by his side gave him the courage to go ahead and do this. As such, both of them put their heart and soul into their singing. Their voice may not have had any magic behind it but there was definitely passion, which seemed to be enough to keep the audience listening.

As the song finally came to a close, said audience applauded, quite a few even jumping to their feet out of excitement and respect. Siren, doing her best not to blush as red as a tomato, did a modest bow, "Thank you, thank you. You've been a wonderful audience. Please, enjoy the food and the rest of your evening. If you have any questions for me, I'll be around. Thank you again and have a lovely night!"

When the curtain dropped and Siren was sure nobody could see them anymore, she let out a long sigh of relief, "Thank goodness that's over with...Aurora, if I ever agree to this kind of thing again, please punch me?"

"Pffft, yeah right," Aurora rolled her eyes from in the back of their mind, "You say that now but I know that you'll go ahead with it regardless of what I say or do." Despite her words, she smiled, "Good job, by the way. Now let's get to that buffet table before all the good stuff is gone."

Both sides in agreement, Siren walked off the stage.
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by ShroudedKonqueror June 25th 2017, 1:28 pm

Ariana patted insistently on Adam's knee. "Wasn't she awesome! I told you! Her voice is so...just...silky. Smoothest voice I've hear in my lifetime."

Adam was still in a daze and only half listening to his sister. She was already stunning, but add in a voice that trumped her physical appearance and he didn't even know what to think.

Ariana hesitated and then tapped him again. "Hey...hey Pepé Le Pew."

Adam finally drifted from his reverie and turned to face his sister.

"You alright there buddy?" Ariana was beaming at him. "You look a little star struck."

Adam couldn't manage much more than a few grunts. He wasn't sure if he actually was alright.

Sensing his plight, Ariana took his hand again and led him over to the buffet line, much more gently this time. "Let's go. You should talk to her."

"Wait whaa?? No. You know I can't"

Without looking back, Ariana answered. "It's ok. You'll never find anyone if you don't even try. Plus, I'll be your wingman."

"You're 14," Adam shot back. But deep down, he knew she was right.

Ariana pushed through the crowd, searching for Siren until she finally found her and tried to get her attention.

"Hi, I'm Ariana and this right here is my older brother Adam. We both think you sound amazing, right?"

Adam opened his mouth but couldn't say anything.

Before it could get awkward, Ariana swooped in; that kid was perceptive. She retrieved a photograph of the two of them and their mother from her wallet. "Can we get your autograph."
ShroudedKonqueror
ShroudedKonqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ June 25th 2017, 1:47 pm

"Let's see what we got here. Oh, I think I'll take a few of these sandwiches, a couple of cookies, a few lemon tarts, and some of these...ooh! Chocolate eclairs! Yes!!" Ignoring what other people might think, Siren piled at least half her tray up with the sweet treats. She was just in the middle of biting into one of the eclairs when she suddenly heard the voice next to them.

Looking up with cream smeared on her face, she saw whom appeared to be two of the audience members standing before her, "Oh, hello there, and thank you. It's always nice to be appreciated," Despite Alan's awkward demeanor, she didn't seem to take notice, perhaps because of the request the younger one was making her, "But of course. Anything for a fan," She smiled and took a look around, seeing a pen on a nearby table.

She considered using telekinesis, but then decided to just pick it up by hand and write on the photograph, "To my darling fans, Adam and Ariana. Sincerely, Miss Siren," Handing the photo back, she picked up another eclair and swallowed it in a couple of bites, smearing even more cream, "So, anything you two might like to ask me?"
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by ShroudedKonqueror June 25th 2017, 2:59 pm

Ariana retrieved the autograph, ogling at it for a moment before Siren posed a question. Ariana nudged Adam , hoping to convince him to speak, but upon realizing that he wouldn't, she turned to Siren. "Yeah, actually. We were just wondering where you learned to sing. Because Adam here said he has never heard a voice as silky as yours. He was really awestruck."

Adam opened his mouth to speak. Ariana had given him the perfect opportunity, he just had to take advantage of it. "Yeah, uh--"

I don't know why you even try anymore. It's not like anybody will ever accept you.

Adam shut his mouth quickly in response the voice in his head. He usually tried his best to ignore the voice, but this time, he couldn't. He felt its hopelessness worm throughout his body.

Ariana noticed the shift in his demeanor, however slight. Most people wouldn't notice, but she knew her brother well and understood what his schizophrenia did to him. She almost imperceptibly slid closer to him and squeezed his hand harder, either for encouragement or as an apology for pushing him into this. Knowing her, it was most likely encouragement.
ShroudedKonqueror
ShroudedKonqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ June 25th 2017, 3:23 pm

Siren raised an eyebrow at the way Adam had abruptly cut himself off, but for the moment she chalked it up to what Ariana had said about him being really nervous. Instead, she opted to focus on the question, "Oh, my singing? Well...that's my little secret but let's just say I had a very good teacher to guide me...and it's ok to be nervous,"

At this, she smiled in Alan's direction, "I'm gonna share a little secret with you. Believe it or not, I still get a bit nervous when I'm on that stage. Just seeing all those people waiting to hear my voice...puts butterflies in my stomach, and I feel as if I can't do this...but then I hear another voice from in here.." She now gestured to her heart, "And it tells me that it's ok to be afraid...but not to let that stop me from doing what I love. You don't have to live up to other people's expectations all the time...often times, just living up to your own is good enough,"

"I got friends and family who support me and love me no matter what, after all..." At hearing herself going on a tangent, she shook her head, "My apologies, I sometimes let myself get a bit carried away. If you don't mind me asking, was that your mother in the photo?"
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by ShroudedKonqueror June 25th 2017, 4:25 pm

Adam and Ariana listened intently as Siren expressed her fears about performing. Adam found himself much more at ease after the story had concluded.

"I guess you got a point," he muttered. "It's just kinda tough...you know." Adam had reached the end of his train of thought, allowing Ariana to step in.

"Yeah, that's our mother. She's back in the Philippines still, but Adam has been taking care of me ever since we immigrated here. He's been amazing."

Adam could tell that Ariana wasn't even trying to be a wingman with that statement. Her voice told him that she genuinely meant it. But he couldn't have done any of this without her either.

But that's when he remembered. He hadn't checked on the armor at all since he'd been there. Adam took the time while Siren was listening to Ariana to use his power. Though he his eyes were somewhat glossed over from concentrating on using his technopathy, he would still be able to hear what either of them said. He reached out with his mind and felt imaginary channels of energy connecting him and every bit of technology within 100 ft of him. He sought out the energy signature unique to his armor and followed the channel until he had access to his armor. A quick check of the suit's cameras revealed that it was in the exact same place he left it. Beautiful.
ShroudedKonqueror
ShroudedKonqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ June 25th 2017, 4:37 pm

"I don't think I've paid a visit there yet," Siren commented as she picked up her tray and a napkin, finally bothering to wipe the cream and chocolate off her face, before stepping aside so the others could partake. She could tell at a glance that the two deeply cared about each other, which made Alan feel just a little envious since he couldn't recall any of his siblings.

Shaking his head out of those thoughts, the former human came back to reality , "I'm glad to hear that. Family is among the most important things in this life...don't ever take it for granted," She pulled over a couple of chairs so they could sit down, "So, how about we get to know each other better? You said you two immigrated here, do you mind if I ask what brought you here? Also..." She tilted her head at the way the older of the pair was acting, "Umm...is your brother alright?"
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by ShroudedKonqueror June 25th 2017, 5:48 pm

Neither sibling managed to notice the mess on Siren's face until she wiped it off; but they were both enamored in different ways, which excused the ignorance. But when Siren retrieved chairs for them and questioned Adam, that couldn't be excused. Ariana nudged her brother, trying to break him out of whatever trance he was in. He was going to blow it.

Adam shook his head briefly before returning back from his technopathic trip. However, he heard everything she had heard and came up with a lie almost instantly. Even so, a he blushed at Siren; he was hoping not to get caught. "I'm alright, I just...I miss my mother is all. Talking about leaving her back there is tough."

Adam took a seat. He didn't have to pretend to be upset to sell the lie. It really did hurt to be in a totally different country, especially knowing that it took virtually all of their mother's money to do it.

Luckily, Ariana answered Siren's question for them. "Well me and him were born pretty smart...like a lot smarter than we're supposed to be. My mom thinks it's because of the factory she had to work in while she was pregnant with both of us." Ariana looked around dramatically. "There are some pretty wicked rumors about that place...like that they're doing experiments in there and my mom thinks that somehow that affected us and made us really smart." She then leaned back, slight smile on her face. "But that's probably just rumors, I'm pretty sure it's just genetics. But anyway, we weren't going to have the opportunity to develop our intelligence in the area we were at, we were basically destined to work in minimum-wage labor since we were from there. So my mom got together all the money she had saved...like ever...and sent us to America. And once we got here, Adam got noticed by a think tank for his physics work and they hired him."Ariana glanced at Adam who seemed to be deep in thought while staring at Siren. "Anyway, it's my turn next and I can't wait, school is way too easy. I already help Adam out with some of his projects in the lab; 12th grade Calculus is nothing compared to that."
ShroudedKonqueror
ShroudedKonqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ June 25th 2017, 6:42 pm

It was Siren's turn to listen intently to the story being told to her, the look on her face showing she was hooked on every word. Once it was finished, she nodded in understanding, "I see. As for the origin of your intelligence, well..." At this, she shrugged, "Eh, anything is possible in this world we live in today,"

However, when it finally dawned on her what Alan had been saying, she winced and lowered her head a little, looking ashamed, "I...I'm very sorry, Mr Alan. I honestly didn't know it was a painful topic for you..." The hero was quiet for several seconds, pondering a thought or two, before it dawned on her, "Hey...what if I were to help you get your mother here?"
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by ShroudedKonqueror June 26th 2017, 12:39 pm

Ariana and Adam's eyes both widened at the opportunity, but Adam came back to earth a moment later and grabbed Ariana's arm to remind her.

They couldn't bring her to America yet. Not until they had enough money to buy her a place far enough from the two of them and fortified enough that they could guarantee her safety from their new life. Adam honestly have preferred to keep Ariana out of this whole superhero business. But she forced her way in; he wouldn't even be doing this without her. In addition, she is so incredibly smart, and a hell of an engineer already. She could think her way out of a lot of situations. But their mother was a different case and if anything happened to her, they would both be lost. No, she had to stay in the Philippines for now.

"That'd be amazing," this time Adam spoke up. "But there are some...unique circumstances that are keeping that from happening just yet."

If you were strong enough to keep her safe, then it wouldn't be a problem.

Adam swallowed. "But enough about us. What about you? Do you uh...have...family around here?" He still wasn't good at this.
ShroudedKonqueror
ShroudedKonqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ June 26th 2017, 3:24 pm

Siren poured herself a cup of root beer as she listened to Alan's explanation. It was evident even to her that she wasn't getting the whole story. At the same time though, she also knew better than to press the issue, "I understand. If you ever change your mind though, my offer's on the table," She took the pen and wrote on a napkin a type of address before handing it over, "Here. I don't normally do this but for you two I'll make an exception. Here's an  email you can reach me at. Memorize it then burn it."

She poured up a couple more drinks and passed them out before pondering over how to answer their question, "I have family, yes, but I don't really see them too often since I travel so much. That said, like you two I have a Mom whom I love more than anything in this world and would want to protect in any way I could. She's largely the reason I am the person I am today, and she has a kind of inner strength that few people have..."

The songstress downed some of her root beer and swirled the rest that was in the glass, "As for my father? Well, pardon my language but he's a dead beat and a coward who walked out on me and my Mom when I was barely out of Kindergarten. Not a single birthday card or Christmas gift, not even a phone call. I don't know what kind of person he was...but to walk out on your loving family...well, that don't make him a very good one in my eyes..."

When it dawned on her what she was saying, she facepalmed, "Darn it. Sorry, you two. Sometimes, when I go off on my tangents I don't know when to stop."
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top