The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapWhen angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 I_voting_barWhen angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

When angels fall (Humanity)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 Empty Re: When angels fall (Humanity)

Post by Hyperion April 3rd 2016, 12:31 am

He should have expected the continual questions and yet that somehow did not managed to cushion the blow when they were actually asked of him. Regardless, he managed to temper the visible reaction far better than the last one, as his mind snapped to Ryan. He liked to consider them a friend, even a good friend and that was why the thought of them deserving better came to mind. "I don't know if he fully understands what's happening, but not too well I'd wager." He said, wishing it was easier. His existence was one large confusing thing, and in a sense it had just been meant to trick those around him to further some goal. How he lasted so long was something that managed to surprise him more than anything else. Why so many people cared about him, that was something that somehow managed to make this hurt even more.

If only it were possible to make them stop feeling those feelings, but he couldn't really do that, not in a clear conscience anyway. That was when the question about whether he would be happier came about.Something that managed to cut deeper than anything else, making it feel as if all his breath had been knocked out of him as he stared at the table for a moment before looking up to Matt."I don't know." He answered honestly, chewing on his lower lip, in anger, but directed towards himself. "I'm wondering if I would be happier if I didn't go along with it, or if I would be just as miserable  I just.....I don't know.." He admitted, raking his fingers through his hair and looking back down to the table. His mind went back to the incident with Sin, causing Jordan to look back up to his friend and imagine the primordial taking their form.

"I sound....like a mess now." He sighed, likely not needing to have his fried hear everything he said to get the general gist of things. Jordan chuckled softly, resting his elbows on the table and crossing his arms. "Matt I....i'm sorry...for everything." He managed, tone genuine. His eyes fell back to the table, unable to really keep contact with with his friends.

Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Proarden (Gravity Man) April 3rd 2016, 1:26 pm

"Hey. Don't be sorry. Just....be happy alright? If you're gonna ditch me you'd better be doing it to have a great life. Ya know?" He said after a small sigh. The smile on his face made it seem all too genuine, even if it did hurt a little. He had to just get over these things apparently. No matter how close he had become, or what he wished had been or was. Things changed. It was they way things were. But he knew one thing...he hated Michael for this. Moreso Hyperion. He just shrugged it off and began to contemplate, sit in a wonder of the entire event.

"On another note, I gotta ask ya. What's the deal with that Samhain guy?" He asked, a genuine attempt to take Jordan's mind off of the present situation.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 Gman10
Gravitas Gang:
Proarden (Gravity Man)
Proarden (Gravity Man)
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "I've been a hero and a villain. Don't pretend you an teach me anything on morality."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 114
Job : I'm Knight Artorias round these parts.
Humor : If you have time to crack jokes, then you have time to post.
Registration date : 2015-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion April 3rd 2016, 1:58 pm

The connotation that went along with ditching was something that twisted the knife, something that kept his  eyes glued to the table. He managed a smile, but it didn't reach his eyes. "I'll...keep that in mind." He said with a sigh, followed by a chuckle that sounded almost hollow. "All this thinking made me almost forget what today was. Some kind of birthday, huh." Something told him his moms had a surprise party thought out, which may explain why they weren't making a big deal out of it, or maybe he had been sure to keep that from them as well. His date of creation was one thing, but they had within their mind a date they believed was his birth, one that had already gone by. Vaguely he was aware of Matt, asking the question about Samhain and that was when he found himself wondering.

His knowledge on Samhain was...nonexistent, as if they had just appeared one day though they did nothing to him really. "I honestly don't know anything about them. Haven't had much contact with them but I don't like the feeling I get from them." He admitted. "Something tells me they don't have the best of intentions anyway." He stopped talking for a moment as their drinks were set down, and then they were left alone once again. Their food would not be long now.  "I have a feeling today's missing a cake or something." He said with a wry smirk, tapping his fingers against the tabletop.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity April 3rd 2016, 2:27 pm

The cake comment did remind him that it was Jordan's birthday. His eyes shifted a little as he contemplated what to do. He did have something planned but with Jordan leaving noe it was a matter of if he wanted to give it to him or not. Not out of spite, but simply out of pain.

"I didn't forget dude...bringing up the thing twice is a little overkill." He reassures Jordan with a genuien smile before his mind hopped back to what he was thinking of. "Left my gift back at my house though...kinda figured we'd be back there before you had to go. Hard to surprise you, isn't it?" He said with a sigh. He almost instinctively elaborated that by go he only means go home and not go for good...but he stopped, thinking Jordan was smart enough to discern what he had intended. Though his mind came back to that gift concept.

He really didn't want to part with it. It was something he very well intended to use one day for a greater purpose. But Jordan had been a good friend. Hell, Jordan was his only friend anymore. Pat and Luke were great...but they honestly weren't the same friends he once had. Back before all this crap kicked off. They changed. He changed. Of course it wasn't for the better. In any account. As much as he didn't want to...he was going to proceed with his plan to give Jordan the gift. It was the least he could do to see his last friend off. Even if it was meant to make them stay.

"It's gotta be a big day for you mom too. Well, moms. You guys got any plans?" He asked. The convenience of the birthday was enough to snap Humanity away from the previous topics and move onward, though hopefully Jordan could add something of insight.

Spoiler:

When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion April 3rd 2016, 2:53 pm

Few people actually knew his true birthday, but Matt was one of the few. One could say that entrusting that information to him meant more than they likely would ever be able to comprehend, or maybe they would just think it another credit to his arguments. He didn't expect the to forget, at least deep within he hoped they hadn't.  Letting his eyes flit upwards, he caught a glimpse of the smile and something about it caught like fire. "I didn't expect you to. You're pretty good at remembering things." He said with an actual positive tone, somewhat surprised they had actually thought of getting a gift for him. "Well we probably end up going back by your home, since I have to drop you off anyway." He said, not even dreaming of making Matt walk. Just thinking about it felt wrong on many levels.

"Probably is. They have their...own way of celebrating things, but that will probably have to wait until tonight." He said, mind then leaping to what they would likely have in mind. Despite what they had been made for, they had moved far beyond being simple constructs, and something told him they didn't want him leaving either. The gestures were subtle, and yet he could get the message as clearly as anything else. In the end so many things would make leaving painful, but he tried not to think of it like that, which was becoming harder to do. "have a feeling it will be some kind of party, though nothing big. Knowing them they might though, it just might be a little get together with all my friends." He explained, catching sight of their food being brought to them. It was the smell of food that  reached his nose, making him feel some amount of hunger.

"Anyway...thank you for coming out with me today. I really appreciate it." He said picking at his food with the procided fork before actually getting to the eating portion. Making sure his mouth was empty before talking again, he  sighed softly. "As for any personal plans....well aside from this lunch, not really." He admitted.

Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity April 5th 2016, 11:58 am

"Yeah man. No problem. I like hangin' out with you. I don't get to as much as I want to. Things like this make my day, ya know?" he said as a more offhanded comment before picking at the food, though not exactly tearing into it. As much as he loved food and he loved to eat, he needed to keep himself focused on fasting. Piety reasons were often what he wrote it off as, or simply being poor. Regardless, he tried to keep himself just hungry enough to be irritated, but full enough to live. Sometimes life was hard. Plain and simple. A buzzing pulled his attention to his phone. A text message from a friend of his.

"Was gonna rescue John and meet up with you later, but I told him I was gonna switch it up...." Humanity began as he smirked at the profane text message and angry faces. "He uh... he didn't like that. He's stuck at a charity event with his dad." He casually put out there, being transparent enough to keep Jordans potential worries or curiosities at ease. With a little more time came more small talk, though Humanity only went to his phone one more time to excuse himself from his text conversations. He looked around at the area. The interior was a little more impressive than the exterior. It was almost a bit refreshing to see the saying about the book cover was still applicable in this world. His mind was still racing through everything. He was afraid to say anything, truthfully. Everything he wanted to say was only really applicable to Jordan's decision. Perhaps some things were better left unsaid.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion April 5th 2016, 12:52 pm

Maybe his friend just knew what to say when it counted, because enjoyed that far more than he let show. The elation was enough to slightly overtake his annoyance with Matt not eating anything noteworthy concerning his food. That would have triggered the innate worry he had for them, he wouldn't badger them over how they chose to eat. Maybe they already ate or this was some manner of religious thing., which was not exactly unheard of. Something buzzed, which drew his attention towards  the source of the sound. It appeared that someone was texting Matt and yet that managed to make him curious more than anything else. Matt would explain what that was about, and he did feel a minute amount of guilt over ruining that plan, but not enough to really get worked up over. That may have been the selfish part of himself in work there.

"Stuck at a charity event? Easy to understand why he's not happy." Jordan said with a smirk. From there they would have their small talk, Jordan enjoying himself perhaps more now than within the last few weeks. Despite how small the talk was, it beat being left alone to his thoughts. Honestly, he didn't even notice his food rapidly dwindling as the conversation went. Soon enough, at the very least he would be done with what he had. His decision wasn't seemingly brought up again, and that was something that he could appreciate. That was of course when his phone buzzed, Jordan blinking a couple of times in mild surprise  as he looked down to his phone.  

The number itself was unknown. There was an address, one that he recognized. Secluded enough and that only made him even more nervous as the phone actually began to ring. "Huh, gimme a moment Matt. I gotta take this." He said, giving his friend an apologetic smile as he answered the call itself.

"Enjoying your meal with lover boy?" The voice on the other end, painfully familiar would say. "Not sure if soul food is exactly the best final meal but to each their own I guess. I know I had some manner of condescending speech about how I'll kill you, but that can wait until we meet in person. I do expect you here in...ummmm let's say an hour, otherwise...well....we always have something to lose don't we? Just make sure you're not followed, not feeling up to a three way like last time." Despite how non threatening their tone was, he could tell they were speaking just loud enough that only Jordan could hear anything. Despite that, his expression still managed to shift direly enough to show that he had something concerning him.

Suddenly the phone would hang up and he would be left with his friend once again, the perfect mood ruined. "Well...something suddenly came up." He said, sighing as he waved the waitress over going through the motions and paying for both their meals despite how much or little Matt would protest. "Apparently I'm needed for something....sorry about that." Despite the possibility of potential death, one could say he was pretty calm about all of this, or maybe he knew this wasn't all about him.

Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell April 6th 2016, 10:33 pm

Humanity was stuck there. Not that he minded picking up the bill. Honestly with his current lifestyle he had more than enough room on his credit card. Unfortunately charging things to it was almost like an addiction to meth. One hit on it and it was all over before you knew it. He went to protest when Jordan paid, though he didn't have much time. Jordan was leaving. He quickly played it off and started off towards the car...but then he realized that Jordan was in it...and he was several miles from home. His hand drifted to his pocket before dialing the numbers he required. The next thing he knew he was talking to a very familiar "friend" and getting a ride in a very expensive car.

"I promised Jordan I wouldn't interfere...but I never promised I wouldn't teach someone else how to, I suppose." He said with a sigh, a smile playing at his mouth behind his shades. The man had truly taken to his wealth ever since he lost his powers. He seemed a lot more human...granted he splurged and bought a car. Doesn't make him any less of a good guy.

"Alright, so just tell me then. What do I do? I can't fight this battle for him... Seriously dude. Dafuq did you spend on this car?" He asked as the small console area above the cup-holder sensed Humaity's hand moving and stuck out a small nozzle with a small selection of drinks. The dude got a car with a soda machine in it? Humanity just scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Whatever. I suppose it's fitting you have your mid-life crisis now. God knows you're only gonna be alive another year or two." Zell just laughed.

"That's the spirit!" Zell said as they sped to Humanity's house. Zell pulled the car in and put the car in park, though Humanity removed himself immediately. "Matt...I know all too well how it feels man. I'm the only other one who truly knows how it feels. You said that to me...now I'm saying that to you. You're not a hero anymore. You don't have powers. You're out of your league. Just...forget what I said and accept it. Alright? It's Jordan's life." he sighed as Humanity just walked away from him, convinced that he was going to do something to change Jordan's mind. Then again you couldn't blame him. Jordan was one of the last, few people he counted as a friend. A genuine friend.

It didn't take long. But soon Humanity was suited up, and tinkering with something in his basement. He connected some wires here, screwed a bolt there before attaching a battery to it and black-camo duct tape. Some aluminium mesh and copper rings and wires. Then grabbing his traditional mask and armor he stood in the mirror, looking at his reflection. In his hand was a small square box with jagged edges and wrapped in paper. With a grunt he turned, his long armored trench smashing into the mirror. A casual turn whipped plating to shatter it, sending brilliant shards to the ground before he mounted his motorcycle and departed at very, very fast speeds.

When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion April 6th 2016, 11:03 pm

Truly, Jordan didn't want their little awkward lunch to end and yet he had no choice. Despite how much he wanted to stay with his friend in that little, slightly grubby restaurant, in the end he knew what had to come. Hyperion was relentless, the very manifestation of his sins, his anger and so many negative emotions that would have better been left buried within that dark corner of his soul. Yet here it was, parading around and likely soon to ruin his life, as short that life would be now.  Quicker than he would have wanted, they would go their separate ways with Jordan offering his apologies for having to end things as quickly as he did. A part of him wanted to promise they could do this again sometime and yet something told him that would likely not happen. Now alone in his car, all he was left with was his own thoughts.

He had chosen the perfect time to do this, and yet something told him things would go...terribly. Blinking away moisture that threatened to form within the corner of his eyes, he would turn the vehicle ashe followed the instructions that his GPS spoke to him in that clean mechanical voice. Minutes passed, slowly as if time was slowing, halting to a stop almost for him. Eventually however, he would arrive at the abandoned building, one that had been chosen by Hyperion for such an occasion. It looked like a very recently out of use type of building one would host events at. From the outside, it looked practically new, save for the signs of wear and tear that showed when one gave it a critical glance. Stepping out of the vehicle, he shut the door a little forcefully.

The trek through the building was brisk compared to the drive, as he took in everything around him. Halls leading to various rooms that were likely for one purpose or another, though he knew where he would be waiting. The auditorium area, one that stretched out with a stage where a figure sat on the edge. Dangling above him, bound by rope looked to be three people, his mothers and..Shael. They looked to be unconscious, likely having been knocked out not too long ago by Hyperion. "Right on time little Jordan. Guess I can trust you not to let your loved ones die, if nothing else." They said in usual arrogant fashion, leaning forward and letting the flats of his feet make contact with the floor.

"Well I'm here now, so you don't need them anymore."

"I don't? Knowing that family of ours, I doubt they understand how this truly works. They'll likely try to do something to allow them to swoop in and save everyone at the last moment." He said, making sure his object of disdain was clear. "So I've decided, to end this before that can happen." That was when they were in motion, rapidly seeming to create a black of some unknown dark material within their left hand, unleashing a series of powerful swings at him. Jordan managed to narrowly avoid the slashes, jumping back with only a cut along his forearm which began to soak blood into his light colored cardigan, the stain spreading outwards.

"Still want to fight? Fine with me, that'll make this a lot more fun."

Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell April 7th 2016, 11:05 pm

The roaring and rumble of the motor was all the more music to his ears as the machines' roar violently sheered through the air, totally and entirely ruining the sound of silence that had settled on the outside of the city. With his secret device almost finished he still had one more thing he needed to do. One more thing he needed to make sure he was still prepared for everything. With his final preparations done he knew exactly what he needed to do. He knew exactly where to go though. Pulling up his phone he looked up the location of Jordan's phone. For the sons of the smartest man in the world...they really didn't have a clue of just how much technology could be used against them....

With a rip, a roar and the close of a phone, Humanity was off and en route, fixated and entirely dedicated to dealing with Hyperion himself.

When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion April 7th 2016, 11:58 pm

The sound of blades meeting sang through the building, as Hyperion's dark weapon met against the energy constructs that Jordan had managed to form within his own defense, both holding up well considering the difference within their powers. The air itself was rife within radiant energy as Jordan slammed into one of the walls, warping the metal upon impact. Given little time to react, Jordan quickly fell forward and to his stomach as Hyperion unleashed a slash that easily cleaved through the metal, neatly bisecting the building itself. "Goddamn show off." He muttered, whipping his body around like a top and unleashing a wave of pure ethereal energy out at Hyperion. This wave was split seemingly with ease as Jordan quickly move to his feet, trying to wrap the wound on his forearm in healing energy, trying to force the wound closed.

What he found was that a dark energy purveyed through it, keeping the healing from going at any meaningful speed. "Just noticing it now?" He asked, slashing through the constructs brought up to protect him as the blade cut a deep cough through his chest, sending blood flying in a great spurt. "Something up little guy? You're doing even poorer than when we last fought? Guess that date of yours really managed to rattle your resolve." now left with shattered constructs, Jordan let the energy take on an electric property before flinging them at Hyperion.  

They weren't able to make contact but they did manage to distract him long enough so that Jordan could avoid the next few swings that narrowly missed. With a snap, the shards of the broken energy weapons would rise from the ground and converging upon Hyperion in a dizzying dance. This managed to do a few cuts, but nothing that one would consider deadly, save for  one that managed to fly cleanly through his thigh.  

"You talk too much." Slapping a hand on the ground, the area around Hyperion's feet would turn a neon green before it violently shot upwards. Earth molded, changing shape as it would attempt to smother the ethereal, mostly stopping their attempts to break out. This energy would continue to apply pressure, more and more in the hopes that it would crush them, before plunging back downwards into the earth as if to bury him. That, if nothing else would buy him a minute to catch his breath. Something that Jordan planned to do, as he felt the excess energy flowing through his necklace. He had been hoping to save this, but there wouldn't be a later if he lost now.

Slowly a great amount of energy began to flow through him, one that he had not felt in a long time. In an instant, a brilliant golden aura erupted around him, lighting up the entire building all at once. This light would die down to form a fierce aura around Jordan that began to coalesce into one point, as Hyperion managed to claw their way out. They looked slightly blooded, the left arm obviously broken with a shock of white bone. "Okay...i'll give you that one." He said, forcibly snapping the bone back into place, as the flesh would slowly begin to heal, leaving the limb mostly useless until then. "That really hurt." Their eyes fell upon something forming within Jordan's left hand.

Similar in shape to the weapon Hyperion wielded, yet made of a clean looking metal with a dragon head shaped hilt.  

"Okay, that is new." Hyperion said genuinely surprised by this. He raised his weapon, defending just in time against the swing that slammed into their blade, forming a crack along its expanse.

Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity April 9th 2016, 10:48 pm

Humanity finally arrived at a decent distance away from the signal he was tracking. it really wasn't hard to follow someone when they continually forgot to turn off the "My location" function on their phone. Getting out his binoculars, Humanity searched over the battle before watching Jordan manifest some form of unique weapon. When did he get that? It was rather pathetic that he chose to wait this long to reveal such a thing. Humanity actually scoffed in disapproval at Jordan's antics, though what his former friend decided to do was entirely on him. Humanity was convinced that no matter what...Jordan was going to die. He was going to be gone, to vanish. He was ready for it, to be honest. As ready as he could be. He just wished that it hadn't happened now.

[color:e72d= darkgreen]It all gets easier. He heard his mind wander to that thought again. Would it get easier? To watch his friends die? To see his entire world burn in front of him? what future was there anyway?

That question locked him in. He sighed as he watched. Paralyzed by his own mind. There was no future for Humanity. There was no future for him and friends. No future for him and something even more. He was a tool, he was a weapon...he was The Villain. Jordan's feelings for him were nothing. He was nothing. Because of that he had to stand. He had to watch.

He did nothing....

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion April 9th 2016, 11:38 pm

Cracks began to form along Hyperion’s weapon, growing more severe until it appeared that it would break. Avoiding the absolute shattering of the weapon, the dark ethereal quickly kicked Jordan away with a swipe of the foot, managing to make some distance as their disarray managed to show more. ”Don’t be so stupid Hyperion. Not like I would just sit around and wait to die,  this time, you won’t get to run away.” He said, grimacing through the burning pain within his wounds. They weren’t playing around, that much was obvious but that did not mean Jordan was fully confident within his own abilities to win. Despite the blazing weapon within his hand, well Hyperion still had the physical advantage. All he needed was one swift stroke and they would be gone however.

”Don’t get cocky just because you have a shiny new toy.” He growled, looking down at his weapon now near its breaking point. Snarling, he threw it away, letting it clatter along the ground as his eyes snapped back to Jordan. ”You know you can’t win. You needed the help of children the last time we fought, and even then you were near death.” An inky black energy began to wrap around his wounds, radiating a malevolent sensation that made the hairs raise along his neck. ”Just looking at that face now, really pisses me off. You think you’re doing something good, but honestly...it’s just stupid.” In a snap this energy took on the consistency of fire, spreading outwards in burning black torrents. Within seconds the building would be filled with these flames, skirting around the hostages as if they were protected by something else. Metal would begin to melt, warping as the building itself would begin to lose integrity and collapse.

Windows shattered as everything fell down, save for a burst of brilliant green light that encased Jordan as he would leap from the wreckage. With a flap of brilliant white wings they would push themselves a few good yards back, and yet not fast enough to avoid something darting from the molten wreckage. Fingers clenched Around his throat, as he would thrown to the ground with immense force, feeling a few bones snap from the impact.

Okay, they were stronger than the last time too.

A car greeted them upon impact, glass shattering and the metal frame bending under the sheer force used. A loud thump could be heard as Hyperion landed with a clang on the hood, hands resting upon his side. ”You had to know how this would end. Despite how much you want to win, and despite how you believe you should win. You just can’t. I’m stronger than you, and in this world only those with power survive.” His hand swung the weapon still gripped in it, and yet he found Hyperion gripping onto the wrist that held it. ”A weak little guy like you will always be overcome by a monster like me. Just give up on your pathetic life, everyone you love has already.” With a sudden jerk he was ripped from the broken vehicle, thrown into the concrete with even more force.

Yupp, seemed there was even more damage being done. Jordan coughed, blood coming up with each hack. ”So how about…  I put you out of everyone’s misery.” The moment Jordan realized he was no longer holding his weapon was the moment he looked to see Hyperion holding it. A jab came, stabbing through his left high, accompanied by a sickening sound. ”I can feel it, your fear, your anguish, it’s just so…wonderful.” He chuckled, twisting the blade and drawing a cry of anguish from the construct. That being until he noticed something happening, energy rapidly coursing through the weapon and discharging from the hilt upwards, striking Hyperion in the face.

The smell of burning flesh filled the air as they roared, clutching the damaged tissue and taking a few staggering steps backwards. Jordan  ripped the blade from his leg with his good arm, biting back the pain as he pointed the weapon at Hyperion. ”Well I hope you felt that too. What, no more words to say Hyperion? Really, I thought you had more to your evil speech.” he said, coughing intermediately within that line. Forcing himself to stand up with all the willpower available to him, Jordan seemed to prepare to fight again, as the healing mist began to envelope his body, healing any injuries as fast as he could.

”No? Guess that means I can….make my move, right?”

Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity April 18th 2016, 4:38 pm

Humanity reserved his role in this skirmish. He was the watcher, the ongoing personification of an existential deity. Well, save for the omniscience and omnipotence...and the omnipresence. Actually the only thing he had in common with them was the fact he wanted to help, but couldn't in fear of throwing off the natural balance. He was trapped, forced to be only an observer, watching someone else screw up and make armature mistakes while you internally rage because you're so much better than them at everything. Actually he was more like a League of Legends spectator than an existential watcher. It fit his douchebag persona more.

"Give me a sign..." He sighed, murmuring to himself as he began unstrapping the device from his back. He was far enough away that neither of the combatants would know of his presence, thankfully with the help of stealth and suit blending in. "Sing the words of innocence, and broken pride." The hummed as he began to assemble a small inverted V decive to the long tube of metal. The wind blowing ever so gently as it slipped across his ungloved fingertips. The smell of sea-salt was strong and the hustle and bustle of city life had become something of a stand-still.

"Let my conclusions fail...send me a sign." He placed the barrel down on the ledge of the roof, and he brought the butt of the Scepter to his inner shoulder, gripping it tightly. Tighter. Tighter. His chest seized up as he closed his eyes and leaned down, opening both eyes. Through one eye was his target. Through his other, city land scape. Using the scope the ever-cautious vigilante scoped out the area. He saw a great many things as he did this.

"Heal this broken melody..." He continued as he began to take in deep breaths, reminding himself of how to breathe properly. A random robbery was able to be seen, though from a trash can popped out a large blue figure with a juke box that began running after the robbers. The figure appeared to be in the shape of a strange anthropomorphic shark, though it had fixtures attached to it's chest that....really made Humanity question if his race was even worth saving. Brushing that event aside he fixated back to his target, watching as they made their move and ended in a stale-mate.

"'Cuz each day..." He whispered as his finger brushed past the trigger, his finger curling around to meet with the cresent metal piece. "A dying Hell..." he said as he waited only three seconds...and then just where the beat would have picked up. He made his shot...

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion April 18th 2016, 5:42 pm

Jordan could tell the healing would not happen quickly. Considering how the weapon he was holding was not exactly friendly towards him in particular when it came to the damage done but he could deal with it. Any manner of victory felt like an impossibility, something that he simply could not hope to achieve and yet he had no choice within the matter. Still, he could heal himself just well enough to make the leg not give out under him without the support of the weapon within his left hand. Within that moment time felt as if it were slowing down, everything around him becoming clearer. He just needed to focus, thing clearly and rationally. Letting Hyperion get under his skin was something that he could not afford to let happen, not when so much was on the line. He had prepared for this moment, weeks and even months in advance and yet the fight was likely not even the toughest part.

Putting pressure onto the injured limb, he glared at Hyperion with the weapon still in hand. This was a complex dance, something that he needed to be fully aware for, and even as Hyperion rushed him he had been thinking of a way to counter them. Quickly he rammed the blade into the ground, using it as a focus for his energy to better circulate it through the ground. Within the span of a second the very earth shone with a brilliant light, one that made seeing difficult for both, though likely it would bother the one in motion more than him. Exhaling through his nostrils, Jordan ducked forward a little as a blade glided less than an inch over his head. With all the strength available to him, the pulled the sword from the ground, and slashed upwards.

It was then that he was met with the resistance of flesh and then something spraying across his face. By process of elimination they would then strike for what had hit them, and so he quickly  backed away from another narrow miss. ”Getting really sloppy. Honestly I thought this fight would be a lot harder but...guess I was wrong.” Quickly the light dissipated to reveal Hyperion, a large gash running up their chest and bleeding profusely. Their right eye was closed, the flesh burnt a terrible black, blistering obvious. ”I’m not afraid of you anymore. I won’t let things be like they used to be, I won’t let you hurt the people I care about anymore.”

”Really getting on my nerves you fucking brat.” With a twitch of their fingers, the weapon Hyperion cast aside flew towards Jordan, managing to impale itself into his side, causing him to fall to his knees, and opening him up for a powerful kick to the face that sent him twirling through the air. ”You had your purpose and you failed it miserably, but I guess that comes with being who you are. No matter how hard we try, it always manages to explode in our faces doesn’t it?” They continued to talk, likely just to hear themselves talk as they approached the down ethereal, now bleeding more than before. As quickly as he could, Jordan removed the weapon, releasing a spurt of blood as he did the best he could to stem the tide of blood. Their one remaining good eye focused upon Jordan, seemingly ready to deliver a finishing blow.

Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac April 20th 2016, 11:10 pm

The shot was taken and a bullet would be sent flying. Eyes closing as Humanity sighed. He hadn't missed his mark yet. Unfortunately this means there was a sudden intrusion within the battle between Jordan and Hyperion. Hyperion would likely feel a painful crack in the base of his neck as a bullet shredded through even the toughest flesh and tried to escape out the other side. He didn't want to miss his target this time, of all times. Something was riding on this shot.

Regardless the outcome, he had hoped that Jordan's blow was nothing more than excess damages to a soon-to-be corpse. Beating the dead horse just a little more before it died. Somehow, in some way he had hoped that the guilt of another's life fell on his hands rather than Jordan's. With a simple sigh he didn't bother to watch as he quickly dismantled his scepter and returned to his bike. With an almost silent reving, the bike tore off into the night, as Humanity headed home... maybe he'd hear from Jordan...maybe not...who knew anymore.

When angels fall (Humanity) - Page 2 Guilty10
Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Killing never takes a villain out of this world...It just replaces them."

Number of posts : 643
Job : Your salvation through destruction.
Humor : [19:13:20] @ Forceaus : The racking of sperring skirrs means you rack disciprine
Registration date : 2013-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top