The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) I_vote_lcapBlood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) I_voting_barBlood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) Empty Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad)

Post by Stoic January 28th 2016, 3:40 am

Have you ever been depressed in a way that wasn't sadness? Have you ever been overwhelmed with emotions, yet you didn't feel like crying? Have you ever felt like you might just die from what you're feeling, yet it's not any kind of sorrow? Whether it's passion or love or anger, you can get to the point of 'depression' with any of them. Maybe there was some diagnosis for it, but that's the only way it can be explained. Intense emotions were like a drug, and Lukas had plenty of them circulating through that head of his. They asked him what to do, and he didn't know how to satiate them. His anger wanted blood and to release itself, his passion wanted him to forget about all this and chase what he truly wanted, and is love, well, that had been a hole unfilled for years. It wanted to go back to his family still however, but he knew he couldn't. He couldn't give into any of his feelings frankly. He sat in bed, rubbing his face before getting up with a grunt and grabbing a pre-poured glass of water and a bottle of pills. He downed a couple and chugged the water, then just sat and thought.

The last few months had been insane. Miles beyond what he used to think was hardship. Homelessness? How about children being eaten? Depression? How about being the cause of your friends death? Sure Matt survived, but he did that through nothing short of a miracle, Then there was little things, not little for normal people but for him none the less they were. Shooting someone, torturing a man, poisoning his friend for some sick gambit. He didn't know what he was anymore, he didn't recognize himself in the mirror. In fact, he actively avoided them, literally. Whatever happened to the boy who wanted nothing more then to be a messenger of God? The boy that was perfectly content playing legos with his brother for hours on end? The boy that saw the world as good? What would he say if he saw himself like this, and knew what he had done?

Maybe it didn't matter, maybe that was the past and that boy was dead just like all the other kids that grew up. Maybe the world beat it out of him, and that was ok. So many maybes, but one thing Drifter knew for sure was; he needed a cheeseburger. He stood up, got dressed, brushed his teeth and all that, then went down stairs from his apartment to a small diner. They served the best burgers in town in Lukas' opinion, and he hadn't had one since the day he fell on his back from a two story building because of that smug fuck Travis Masters. Lucky Luke had friends that were capable of working their stuff on him. they said he would never walk again but after one kid walks in to visit him, Drifter walks out himself. He supposed there were perks to these metahumans after all.

"Hey Betty, go ahead and get me my usual..... And a coffee." Drifter said to the waitress, who just smiled and winked. Once his coffee came, he opened a flask and poured a good amount of vodka into it. Yes he was drinking again, not like anyone was going to stop him or try to tell him he was doing something wrong. After you nearly get killed a hundred times and watch a kid get turned into a Happy Meal, you tend to want a White Russian.

He got his burger, and started eating like he just got out of the joint. Cramming fries in his mouth as people looked at him, shocked almost, he just glared back and continued. He found himself reading a paper that was left at his table oddly enough. It was probably the first time he got news from some place other then the internet in years. Apparently some people had gone missing in an old abandon warehouse, a huge multi level one. They said they were following 'The Light' to the last people to see them before walking inand never walking out. The news article in particular stated the case was now officially closed, and in a months time the warehouse would be blown to bits. This all seemed so familiar to Drfiter, and he was only shocked out of it by the tapping at the top of the paper.  Lukas was interrupted by a man in a fancy black suit, he looked horribly out of place here. He was tapping a pen against the paper to get Lukas' attention. A smile was on his face and his dark eyes beamed at the young man.

"Can i help you?" Lukas asked, taking a bite of his burger as he did.

"Yes, i do believe you have my paper, son." The man said, taking it from Lukas' hands and walking off, but turning back just before he walked out the door to look back at Drifter. It was......really odd, like he had seen this man before, he just didn't know where. Knowing all the things happening with his dreams......Drifter settled on that and a chill went down his spine. He whipped out his phone immediately dialed.

"Matt, call Pat and tell him to meet us. We need to talk, all three of us." Drifter said, quickly hanging up and getting into his car. They might just think he was crazy considering what he was going to tell them about what he knew of that man and this 'Light', but they had seen plenty of crazy in this world, even as bystanders. Even if they didn't go for it, they needed to talk about this Humanity person and what Kahn had said before they made the trade.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 290
Job : Vigilante, of course.
Humor : You cannot ban that which is neither banned nor not banned.
Registration date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) Empty Re: Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad)

Post by Humanity February 1st 2016, 9:48 pm

Water splashed on his face as he stepped out of the hospital shower. He was grateful just to be alive, but the water pressure in this place was awful. This was supposed to be a hospital, not a nursing home! Of course knowing now what he did before he was nothing less than disappointed by his soured attitude. He was alive, he needed to be grateful for that. But why couldn't he be? Why couldn't he just be happy with being alive? He couldn't shake it...

Granted since his immaculate resurrection, Matthew had been in contact with his father, only to find some rather depressing news. His father was refusing to tell his mother and his brothers that he was alive. While he could understand his hesitation, and he could respect it, he found the reasoning to be quite lacking. His father refused to tell people about his resurrection in fear that they would connect it to some form of supernatural occurrence. To which Matthew's response to his father was Bitch you speak bible verses into existence! You're afraid MY resurrection is freaky!? Where was Revelation 21:8 when I needed it? you're a worse father than that Liam Neeson dude in that one game. Of course it all fell on deaf ears and he was politely asked to not call again. Before the exchange concluded, Matthew found himself mortified at something that was said to him.

His father refused to tell his own son, Victor, that Matthew was alive. He left the child in a perpetual state of grief over losing his "father" even after he had already lost his adoptive family not even a year ago. His blood was boiling and he hadn't been the same since. True he may not have had any of the "fun" in creating Victor...but all vessels of Yamm were biologically the exact same. Victor was his son, and they had bonded with one and other over the past year. That wasn't easy to do. That kid was more closed off than Pat in his closet in High-school.

Matthew was finally faced with what was once his darkest fear...

I'm alone...

Of course the feeling didn't last with him. Feelings rarely lasted with him. In the end they just kept him from achieving his goal, or in some way caused hindrance. Once again this proved to only be true. Of course he didn't know what exactly he was supposed to do about this. He couldn't help but imagine that Victor was a mess. But then again it wasn't like Matt was all that stable too... well he...sort of was. It felt wrong. He was numb to it. Numb to all of it. Why? The answer is simple...

Because he was alive....

He was alive. That was a recurring problem it seemed. He couldn't even die correctly, and somehow he was only going to make his family miserable with his resurrection. It wasn't in vanity, but perhaps because his father knew who he was...what he was. He was bound to die anyways. Perhaps he was just trying to get Victor to move on now, and save him the hassle later. He was alive... Patrick and Lukas were in danger. His enemies, enemies that he barely managed to survive...Vexus, The Puppeteer, Jean, Contour, Graph and Splice. They weren't even human anymore...they were sheer monsters. How were Lukas and Pat going to survive that if they had trouble taking down Kahn and his pet Zombie...of which the latter they didn't successfully kill.

They actually didn't even come to visit him at the hospital after it all happened. They left him there and didn't bother to pick up a phone, or look for him in any sense of the word. Granted Patrick was being a little bitch, but then called virtually crying because he life was almost over and he didn't want to die alone... No one wanted to die alone. First you hit me with your fucking truck, then you whine about dying alone? You left me to die alone!? Bleeding from my ears and head may be a family tradition, but dying is not! he thought to himself as he recalled that time as Pat ran into him with the truck. That was a long time ago...Pat wouldn't remember. The era of imperceptibility...alone...

No one wanted to die alone. Not even Humanity. But he knew he would have to one day. Die alone. Die for the cause. Die just for the sake of dying even. What a tremendous adventure that would be. Humanity goes to die. The ring of that was almost a hearth to him. He was alive. That was the problem. Perhaps he could use Thrones to fix that...eventually. But in his musings he was interrupted. A phone call from Lukas...

"Matt, call Pat and tell him to meet us. We need to talk, all three of us." Matthew went deadpan. Unfortunately since he played off of his meek nature in person he was much more malleable to do what others told him. Regardless of their concern for him or others. Sadly, many people sought to exploit this. Those people had better hoped Matthew liked them. Otherwise the next shot was on you. Of course there were quite a few problems at hand...and he very, very badly wanted to call out Pat and Luke...but that was so in contrast to the Matt they knew.

"O-oh yeah. Uhm... yeah hold on. Let me try to remember his-" With that drifter hung up. With his lids falling heavily he let out a slight sigh, partially irritated. He was the only reason drifter was alive. The bastard could at least have a quick conversation. Over the fucking phone if able. Why was it that he was still left here? Alone? He did all this shit, he let Pat invade his house and just live there, mooching off all of his shit while he sat there in the hospital...and neither of them could think to drop by or even send a card. A card wasn't really cared for, but it gave him something to rip up in moments like this. With a growl he went back to his phone and actually punched in a number unexpected and sent off a message. Then he proceeded to call Pat.

"Pat, Luke has an emergency we need to all meet somewhere. I'll meet you guys after I get temp discharge. Contact Luke to get the place. Don't call or text me, I'll get ahold of you. They don't like Cell phones being on in this area." Matt said before hanging up, at least making himself seem frantic and rushed so Pat didn't think he was just brushing him off like an asshole. He even pushed it back on Luke. This was Luke's problem after all.

Also he sort of wanted to prevent Patrick from just suddenly being apologetic for his neglect now that Matt actually had to reach out to him. Like Hey yeah! Remember me, the kid in recovery whose house you invaded after blowing him up. The same kid whose food you're plowing through like a starved stoner with munchies? He wanted to avoid this as best as possible. Knowing his friend he'd dwell on it before heading out. Matthew on the other hand needed a temp leave. Hopefully that would be allowed...he was able to claim it as a recovery exercise of course....

He went to stand and his sides hurt as he grabbed them. His mind wandered to why he didn't just have Jordan patch him up. Unfortunately his mind fixated back to the fact that he knew all too well. The fact was he shouldn't need to rely on anyone else. He was Humanity...and he didn't need anyone. Not even Jordan. With a grunt he stood tall and shrugged it off. His problem was his pride, and in his pride he knew that's why he fought so hard to stay alive. But there in was the problem caused by the problem. The problem was that he was alive. Spurned by his pride. He stepped out of the bathroom and with drenched hair and a shaggy head of black, he walked back to his room. Thinking. Contemplating. He couldn't stay down on this. Feeling this way because he was alive. Because he had lost everyone that mattered to him. He needed something to hang on to. As he dressed himself and opened the window he looked down at the ground and the area. Garbage can, soiled Lenin chute. Locking the door and closing the windows he left the signed temporary release form on the trey table.

As he looked out the window again he felt the wind brush him as he opened it. He was now on the second story, looking down. He needed something to hang on to. A reason to live even though him being alive was the problem... and it was here, looking down that he found it. His reason to live.

"Memento Mori..."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan February 2nd 2016, 12:16 pm

Time didn't march on, it crawled more akin to a loathsome worm. Inching along as if the days themselves would last forever, until night came and sleep eventually took him. Life had become constant anxiety, rising and rising until he couldn't even feel that anxiety anymore, or anything for that matter. Not only had his apartment been reduced to smoldering cinders, but his mind had found itself being turned into the plaything of another once again. The memories of watching what was going on passively, barely able to recall the images, only through dreams of all things. Likely he wouldn't have even been aware of that if it weren't for...well he wasn't even sure how he had become aware of that. Life lately had become slightly difficult, or rather doing anything other than survive. Matt had been so kind to let him stay at his place for however long he would need to, but personal principals and lack of appetite meant he hadn't eaten much within the span of the days he had been there.

This mornings breakfast consisted of what looked to be a piece of toast, perhaps something that likely would keep him going for the day. The bread was crunchy, but otherwise unremarkable in taste as he chewed it up. Even eating this made him feel slightly sick to his stomach, that strange sensation welling up within his chest. He was sitting on what looked to be a couch, eyes focused upon the floor as his mind was more focused upon mulling through the thoughts flowing through his head. Matthew was still at the hospital, likely because one does not simply get out after being blown up. After all that had happened, part of him wondered if they even wanted to see him now, but in the end he could only ask himself one thing.  

Why did it matter?

Likely they couldn't be bothered with his melodrama, likely they had their own to deal with and in the end things were as they were. His mind wandered to how easy it would be to silence the constant nagging doubt, making use of his personal chemicals but that faded almost as soon as it came. "Get a grip Pat." He muttered to himself, running fingers through his hair, making a mental note of the cowlick that always seemed to crop up before just letting the hand fall impotently against his lap. That was when he would feel his phone vibrating, angrily rumbling as it attempted to get his attention. Reaching for the device with a hand, he looked down with vague interest.

The call was from Matt.

Pressing the answer button, he was greeted by Matt sounding slightly frantic about something, though in the end it was something about Luke. Had they not hung up so quickly, he would have likely just been privy to hear him sigh. "Wonder what's up now." Pat muttered to himself, though that didn't stop him from getting up to see what Luke wanted. Changing wasn't something that he really felt like doing, so he didn't. Pat was dressed in a pair of khaki pants that looked slightly too large for him, frayed slightly on the front, an uninteresting t-shirt and a thick cozy jacket over that. All he did really was brush his teeth, mouthwash, put on some deodorant and make himself smell passable. That was when he found himself wondering...where exactly did Luke want to meet them? He got a call telling him to meet him somewhere, but that was so vague that he had no idea where this was. Were they meeting at Lukes home? At the gates of hell, or a strip club? Because honestly he had no clue about that whole thing.

Regardless he would try, and then just hope that he got there.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Now I don't believe men are born to be killers, I don't believe the world can't be saved."

"I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?"

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2015-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic February 3rd 2016, 11:17 pm

Of course, they were going to the hospital. Luke assumed they would figure that out, since Matt was more or less stuck there from what he understood. If Pat didn't assume that and decided to travel around to random places......then Luke had seriously overestimated his judgement. So, he drove to the hospital. It was quite a ways from his apartment, so it took a little while, but he got there. He had taken his burger to go, and struggled to eat it as he drove and got out of the car. Eventually succeeding to get a bite and get to his feet.

He wore dark grey jeans, a black shirt, and a jacket that was close to the color of his pants. The color scheme did bring out his natural grey eye color, but honestly he hadn't thought enough about fashion as of late to actually consider that. His usual attire consisted of this, though sometimes the jacket was a hoodie. It just seemed to be the perfect medium between style and practicality. But enough of clothing, i honestly hate describing and reading this crap. He made his way across the large parking lot, eventually getting toward the entrance but not before passing a window he knew to be Matt's. He picked up a small rock and chucked it at the window, figuring he would wave to his friend to let them know he was here. It was always nice to know, so you could prepare and not look disgusting when your friends saw you. But whether Matt came to the window or not, he would enter the hospital.

As for where Pat was, well he was likely on his way. Though if Luke remembered correctly he didn't have a car.......

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity March 15th 2016, 8:45 pm

Of course, Matthew hadn't expected Lukas to show up as he did. Apparently he didn't see him there as he stood over the window. Though he threw a rock right at the window. That wasn't okay. "You are such an asshole." He noted, just oursie of Lukas' ability to hear. But still out loud. To nobody in particular. Clearing his throat he looked down and scowled a little. "H-Hey! I know you see me! Stop it! First ya blow me up and now you're gonna knock me off the edge. G-gimmie a hand here." Matt said before vanishing back into the room, breathing as he took the bed-sheets and tied them to the bed. Next he used the fitted sheet and prepared to lower himself down.

With his plan executed he threw the rope down and started to lower himself, the sheets audibly traring as he did so. Externally he was hesitant, and his breathing was unsteady to display panic. Internally he knew all too well how bad it was going to hurt and exactly how to diminish the damage with how he landed in the garbage. Slowly he waited as the sheets tore and he plummeted into the trash can, groaning and looking nothing less than overly hesitant and clumsy.

"Ow...." he groaned

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan March 15th 2016, 9:48 pm

"Don't call or text me, just guess like the fucking psychic you are Pat." He grumbled to himself, stepping out of his apartment into the LA air, too focused on his annoyance with the whole thing. Likely they just expected him to know where to go, because he was supposed to just know everything. Maybe Luke didn't have the foresight to plan this meeting thing ahead, which sounded about right now that he thought about it. So maybe he did a stupid thing like going to the hospital, so he used that as a possibility as he thought over a means by which he could get there himself. Getting there by bike would have just wasted time and ended up with him having burning leg muscles. That was when it hit him, he hadn't visited Matt during their time in the hospital, due to their own stupidity.

Well now he  was feeling guilty as shit, not exactly something that was good to pile onto the things going through his head already. Digging his phone out of his pocket, he did the smart thing and called for a cab, because that would likely get him somewhere quickly if he had the money for it. Luckily he did have the money, so he could get there easily enough. He had to ignore the guilt, and the best way was....ignoring why he was in the first place. Likely Luke had something dangerous for them to do, unless of he planned to poison him again. Luckily the cab came quickly enough, and it took him to where he wanted to go. Handing them whatever the fare was, his eyes slowly moved from the driving cab back to the hospital. Would he have to find Matt, or end up finding out that he was somewhere else entirely?

That was when his eyes snapped to what looked to be Matt climbing out the window....or rather walking closer yielded that, that might have been helped by the fact that he was rather close to the wing that he was staying in anyway. His steady pace however rapidly elevated to a run once he saw them plummet, his heartbeat elevating as well as his mind jumped to the worst possible scenario. Well there was a Luke there, so maybe he could help with the plummeting Matt thing. Running past Luke and to the trash can that his friend had fallen into, looking to him with an expression that was worried. "Hey, you okay?" He asked, holding a hand out to help him out should he accept it.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Now I don't believe men are born to be killers, I don't believe the world can't be saved."

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic March 29th 2016, 9:10 pm

Well, now that the gang was all back together, entering in usual unorthodox fashion, they could get to it. And when i say unorthodox i mean fucking insane. Matt literally jumped out of a window....... Sure Drifter had just done that a couple days ago, but that was to get away from a dick telekinetic. Matt was trying to get out of the hospital. Why were his friends perpetually in a state of danger? Luke was honestly surprised both he and they weren't dead yet.

"Jesus Christ Matt! Are you ok?" Drifter said as he rushed to his friend just as Pat did, making sure he was ok. He would help where it was needed, but step away when it was apparent the male didn't want to be crowded. Only when everyone settled down would Drifter speak, he wasn't going to drop the whole bomb yet but he had to voice his concerns.

"Matt, unless Pat told you i was unconscious for the past three days until i got some help from a uh, friend. I know it might not mean much but I'm sorry i haven't been there. We have to focus on other things now though..... We're in deep shit. You get blown up, Pat gets mind controlled, and i almost get killed by Travis Masters twice. People are out for us, whether its because what me and Pat have been doing or something else. Guys.....my family... Their place set fire..... I..... i don't want to lose anyone else. So, i think we need to, i don't know, get away." Luke said, a faint mist in his eye as he explained. What this meant is they had to hide. That was the main thing that needed to be done. If they agreed to that maybe they would go along with helping him check this warehouse out.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity March 31st 2016, 8:27 pm

"The safe house." Matt murmured to himself a moment as he rustled around and tried to stand up. That was the first thing that jumped to Matthew's mind. He accepted the assistance up and looked down at his shirt, blood still seeping through. This thing hurt. It was definitely a deep one alright. He didn't even mean to say it aloud, though he wasn't sure he said it loud enough to overpower the shifting he did in the trash. He honestly was surprised by himself. For all the discipline he had learned in becoming Humanity, he still slipped up when it came to those he cared about; friends or otherwise. They were his greatest weakness. Well that and the word moist. He hated that word. "Y-yeah I'll be fine." He said aloud, much more prominent.

"W-wait up a second. Who burned down your house? Just uh... Just how many people have you guys gone and made mad?" Matthew asked, though he internally chided them by adding and why don't you dumbasses protect your identity? Did you really think just calling yourself drifter was going to magically censor your face on television? Seriously Luke, I know you're a dickhead but c'mon man.

Internally he was already compiling a list of people he knew would be after Luke or Pat. The list had various people, though he immediately triangulated the threat to being Travis Masters, Rise by extension, Avarice's remnants and a few other circles. Circles a little darker than he cared to accredit at the moment. His friends made the joke of him being an Eldritch being. Unfortunately they had no idea how close that actually had been to the point, once upon a time. But insightful nature and uncanny estimations with very little to go off of was something he had always excelled at... and right now as no different.

If I take them to the safe house now then I'll be giving myself away. They'll know too much. I can't allow that. I need a new plan of approach. He thought, mauling the idea to death over and over again in his head. The idea had quite some determination as it just kept coming back to die. Finally the idea persevered, and Matthew spoke up. "Luke...Man. I'm sorry." Matt said, though honestly he knew how it felt to lose family. He'd already lost his. Just in a different way. But for now... Humanity had his plan.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan April 5th 2016, 12:16 am

Matt appeared to murmur something, though what that was he could not exactly ascertain at the moment. Might have been either the low volume at which it was said, or the fact that he wasn't exactly listening in for anything at the time. Regardless, he knew that his friend had likely managed to hurt themselves worse in the fall, and that sounded like something that was likely for them.Despite their statement of being okay, something told him that was not exactly the case. Not as if they would really openly show their own weakness. That was something that he expected of his friends really, so his mind would likely jump to that, especially about someone that was supposedly brain dead not too long ago. Luke however went into a spiel about something, houses burnt down and people trying to kill them. So far, all he knew about was that Travis guy that Luke pissed off, but something told him that there were more than just a Canadian billionaire.

Regardless of his feelings towards Luke and their various mess ups, it was hard not to feel some manner of sympathy towards them Still, they didn't exactly have anywhere that they could hope to lay low, well Pat had no such place within his possession. It sounded like it would be pretty great to have one right now however, considering all that was happening to them ever since the whole vigilante thing started. Even if the only thing he had done since joining with Luke was nearly die, get kidnapped and be used as some peoples mind puppets. Pat would use the force required to pull Matt out of the trash can of course, though once that was done he was let himself sag against the nearest wall.

A lack of sleep mixed together with other factors just left him with this tired feeling that refused to fade away. Maybe it was just his diet, which consisted of rather unhealthy food when he did eat. I always imagined billionaires coming after me for different reasons than to murder me. Guess I'll have to save the weird fantasies for another time. pat thought to himself, rolling his eyes as the ache managed to flare up into a sharp pain around his right leg socket. Came around from time to time, but usually when he least wanted it. That was also when he realized that he really hated naturaly light, but that might have come from trying to get over years of being a recluse.

"Sorry to hear that Luke." He said sympathetically, or as sympathetically as he could anyway.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Red April 5th 2016, 6:22 am

Sorry to hear that Luke. Really? He sounded like he just heard Luke say he burnt his leg with spilt coffee or broke his phone. Was that all he could muster? Luke wasn't going to say anything, mostly because his mind was too numb to be sarcastic. Multiple family members dying and the rest thinking you're a complete prick does that to you. Matt sounded more apologetic, which was ironic, seeing as he went through the most shit these last few weeks then any of them.

"I have no idea, but i have spent the last three days dealing with guilt because i caused it. I don't want any more, guys." Luke said in response to Matt, blinking away any signs of tears in his eyes. He had already mourned, now was not the time. He had to get stuff done, or he would lose more people.

"That's not even the crazy part. I gotta tell you guys something crazy, but i'd rather do it in the car. Let's get out of here." Luke said, leading the way and helping Matt if needed to his vehicle. If they objected he would stay put, but why would they? Who wanted to stay in a hospital parking lot and talk about crazy shit?,

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell April 7th 2016, 10:46 pm

Matthew just looked to Pat with a slight look of shock as he heard what Pat said. That was all he could muster? Jesus, how did he ever get along with this guy? Seriously, it was one thing to be self-deprecating (let's face it, they all were) but it's another to just not care about another person's situation. In all the time they were friends there were some....rather trivial situations on Pat's end but everyone was sympathetic. This guys' family dies and he acts like he got a bad grade on a test. His odd look to Pat was accompanied by:

"Uhm...ok. So...Pat obviously lost his hearing." He said, before turning back to Luke who began to start talking about a crazy plan. The first thing Matt did was hold up his hand and began to hold it out as if he were trying to keep distance between him and Luke. "L-Luke last time you had a crazy idea I took an explosion to the face. You're coping with loss and you're probably going to get us all in serious danger. We should really not do anything without getting more help...or something." He suggested, knowing full well the idea was stupid, but as he was playing the roll of a new vigilante it was an understandable mistake.

Blood To Bleed (Vigilante Squad) Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan April 7th 2016, 11:14 pm

Normally one would have been more sympathetic with the whole family being burnt to death thing, but then again he found drawing up the sympathy he had a chore. It was as if he were trying to draw something from a thick mire, only managing the small amount without fully exhausting himself. He noticed the look that Matt had given him, which drew more of an emotional reaction than the problem with Luke, which caused a strange sinking sensation within his chest. Rather than saying anything else, he let his eyes train upon the ground, focusing upon what looked to be a few cracks forming.

"Another crazy idea? Sounds like this'll be good." He noted, his voice not sarcastic really, but sorta dry.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic April 14th 2016, 11:56 pm

Assuming they did at least start walking to the car, Luke would begin to try to figure out the best way to say what he was going to say. That was until Matt pretty much called him out on the fact it was a stupid idea. He was absolutely right, but it isn't like he really cared right now. He was empty, broken. He had no more blood to bleed, he was practically suicidal, so why not save people in the process of getting killed?

"I get it, i do. I'm sorry about what happened to you Matt, and to you too Pat, but you guys have to understand i'm doing what i'm doing whether you help or not. We're in danger, but i think a lot of other people are as well." Luke reasoned, stepping into the driver seat of his vehicle then waiting for his friends to presumably follow suit. Only when they did would he muster up the right words and speak, after a chug from his flask.

"You're gonna think I'm insane, but just listen. I don't know how serious you took me when i said i have had precognitive dreams, heck i don't know how serious i was, but they have gotten, well, more vivid." Luke said, tossing the nearest person the daily paper, pointing out the article he had read that morning.

"The last few months I've been seeing that building while I'm asleep, and the same thing happens every time. A person walks up, opens the doors to reveal nothing but white light, then walks in and is gone. If that wasn't weird enough, i recognized this weird guy this morning, i can't remember how he is involved but..... I don't know, i think we should check out this asylum i saw." Luke said, likely to two staring faces that thought he was utterly insane. And he wasn't even telling them the part about how his remaining loved ones would supposedly die if he didn't go, that just seemed like it would seal the deal on his instability.

(Don't worry, the real stuff going on in the warehouse is a lot cooler and only half as X Files.)

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity April 16th 2016, 4:23 pm

An Asylum? Humanity swallowed audibly, perhaps the first time in a good, long time that his emotions and surprise had ever overpowered his façade. His eyes widened as his ears heard Lukas describe his prophetic dreams. Humanity was the source of Eldritch knowledge as his friends loved to jest, but to be truthful he believed all too well in such things. Especially in recurring dreams. He could honestly say such dreams were not common for hi...in fact only once before had it happened to him. But him bringing this up, and bringing up and Asylum had triggered his fear.

Had Lukas been having the same dream as he had? No, he couldn't be. Of course not. If he had then he would know why Humanity going to "Asylum" was a bad thing. Then this made it problematic...because he had to avoid the Asylum, at all costs. For not only this odd dream, but because of a personal reason that goes farther back than Humanity himself.

"I-I..." He shook his head, eyes narrowing questionably at Luke. "Pat...how uh...how about you take Lukas to the Asylum?" He said, of course he had a totally logical reason if need be.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan May 13th 2016, 4:52 am

Pat listened to Luke, and only partially believed him. Metahumans were a thing after all, so it was possible that one could have visions of the future, though not very likely. Matt appeared to assume that he wanted to be brought up an Asylum, but Pat had an idea where they wanted to go, aside from an asylum. ”Alright you, let’s go to the happy home.” He said, sitting into the passengers seat, waiting for Lukas to go about driving to whatever Asylum. ”So, do you even know where this asylum is?”
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top