The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
the veil - The Veil I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
the veil - The Veil I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
the veil - The Veil I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
the veil - The Veil I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
the veil - The Veil I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
the veil - The Veil I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
the veil - The Veil I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
the veil - The Veil I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
the veil - The Veil I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
the veil - The Veil I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
the veil - The Veil I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
the veil - The Veil I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
the veil - The Veil I_vote_lcapthe veil - The Veil I_voting_barthe veil - The Veil I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Veil

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the veil - The Veil Empty The Veil

Post by Thorgron December 6th 2015, 11:33 pm

The Veil
   "The world is blind, I simply reveal it to them"

Basic Biography

Vigilante Name: The Veil
   Alignment: Chaotic Good
   Race: Caucasian Human
   Hair: Blonde
   Eyes: Green
   Height: 6'1
   Weight: 190 lbs
   Blood type: B-

The Looks

Ben:
The Veil:

The Legacy

Personality:
Ben is an interesting person. On the surface he appears quirky, perhaps a bit aloof but as a genuinely good guy. At least to most people, to a few, typically those close to him, he sometimes appears to care little for what is going on, specifically things they see as important. This is not however due to a lack of care or concern but is a result of his way of thinking. He is easily distracted and will follow the rabbit hole of an idea to its conclusion in his head. He genuinely wants to help people and do good but there is also a dark side within him. You see Ben has unique view of the world, specifically humanity. On a one on one basis, he has the utmost faith and belief in humans, especially in believing and wanting to believe that they have others best interest in mind. However, the farther you get out from that, the worse his opinion becomes. The bigger the group, the more irredeemable they seem until you get all the way out to the 7 billion or so humans on earth. The human race as a whole he views as the most vile and wicked creatures to ever slither across the earth. We are a species of degenerate unintelligent vermin too stupid to realize that we are killing ourselves over greed and the most petty of things.

History:
Ben is not exactly an interesting person with an interesting backstory. He did not suffer from pain or tragedy as a child, at least no more than the average person. He grew up in a middle class town with a an average family, a mom, a dad, a younger sibling and a dog. His parents were loving, his sister and he fought as siblings do etc. etc. Really, he was not, and still is not the most interesting person ever. The most defining thing about him throughout his life has been his intelligence. Even that though was not THAT outstanding. He graduated from highschool near the top of his class but by no way the smartest and through college and medical school he wasn't even at the top. He was smart and good at what he did, that was never in question. After graduating he got a decent job as a surgeon but slowly found he was more and more dissatisfied with what he saw around him. His crusade against evil and corruption is not motivated by an inherent desire for justice or the unfortunate and life changing events of his past. No instead it is motivated by a deep and dark inner hatred for the human race. That's right, after 32 years he just got sick of all the evil humans did to eachother. Every day the news was filled with stories of terrorism, corruption, police brutality, misguided activists. All of it compounding on itself until Benjamin decided he could not tolerate it and sit by anymore. And so he adopted the persona of The Veil to do what he could to help him sleep at night.

The Powers and Weaknesses

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s):

Items/Minions

Wrist-Mounted Dental Lasers: Not necessarily dental lasers but these are the most common use for the types of lasers The Veil uses for his primary weapon. These relatively cheap lasers can be purchased online but can become mildly dangerous when compounded. The device The Veil uses incorporates a series of these lasers mounted on either side of each wrist at a width equal to that of the distance between the average human's eyes. When activated they emit a concentrated blue beam of light. If the beam is viewed by the naked eye it causes instant but temporary blindness. However were someone to stare at the beam for more than about 30 seconds unprotected they would become permanently blind. More potently, if the beam are shone directly into the eyes they would cause immediate and irreparable blindness as the corneas would melt almost instantly. The laser is of such a high intensity that it can also ignite flammable materials. It has the added benefit of appearing as little more than a fancy bracelet or wristband.

Weakness: This is not a conventional offensive weapon. It is not some crazy sci-fi laser so it cannot cut through materials or burn holes in steel. Even if it was shone directly on skin it would take it at least an entire minute of uninterrupted contact on the same patch of skin to cause even a minor burn.

Gas Mask: This is more to protect The Veil from his own devices than anything else. The visor of the mask is made from a flexible impact resistant plastic and is coated on both sides with light shielding to prevent The Veil from blinding himself when he turns on his lasers. The gas mask itself has two adjustable settings that can be changed manually by turning the filters on the mask. The first setting allows all air to pass freely through it and allows The Veil to breath and perform normally. The second setting is a heavy filter that allows him to breathe freely in toxic or potentially hazardous breathing conditions.

Weakness: While left open The Veil can move freely and inhale deeply at the loss of filtered air. When the gas mask is filtering the air around him it makes breathing significantly harder and inhibits his ability to run and perform as it restricts his breathing.

The Outfit (trench coat, gloves, boots): Fairly simple. This coat houses a number of minor defenses that help The Veil not die every time he steps out the door in his costume. It contains many straps and pockets both inside and out for easy access to and storage of his many utility grenades. The coat itself is long enough to cover both of his legs and most of his feet. The sleeves end just below the wrist but do not impede the lasers. The coat also possesses a hood that covers everything of The Veil's head that the Gas Mask does not. The coat itself contains many titanium plate inserts giving The Veil minor protection from low caliber bullet fire and conventional melee weapons. The coat, boots and gloves are all made of the same durable leather and are heat treated to withstand temperatures similar to those produced in a typical house fire.

Weakness: While useful, the outfit provides little in the way of protection from anything superhuman. The plates in the coat are separated enough for The Veil to move freely. This means that if a bullet or knife were to pass between the plates, The Veil would have nothing more than the leather of the coat to protect him.

Utility Grenades: Compressed gas canisters just like those used by the military as riot and smoke grenades. The Veil utilizes two kinds of grenades, each capable of producing 30 m3 of smoke within 60 seconds.
       -Traditional Smoke Grenade: Completely reduces visibility within and on opposite sides of the smokescreen. Eye and respiratory irritant with continued exposure.
       -Halothane Grenade: Releases a faintly white smoke. Immediate exposure causes dizziness, amnesia, confusion, blurred vision, lethargy and impaired motor function. Continued exposure quickly causes lack of consciousness. Highly flammable.

Weakness: Extreme weather can easily eliminate the usefulness of both granades especially the Halothane grenades which are most potent in high concentrations.

"Elysium": Every serious vigilante needs their Batmobile equivalent and this is The Veil's. Eysium is a highly modified hearse capable of reaching speeds of 200 mph with rapid and accurate turning capabilities. The tires are turned outward to prevent tipping and are filled with a fast hardening gel to be puncture proof. The interior where the coffin would go has been modified into a mobile medical lab similar to those found in ambulances. She has been phone book bullet-proofed on both sides and all windows have been replaced with lightly tinted bulletproof glass. Finally, Elysium's highbeams have been replaced with high powered versions of The Veil's dental lasers.

Weakness: Elysium requires fuel and a driver capable of operating a stick-shift.

Physical Priority
   (You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
   Agility 3
   Endurance 2
   Reaction 1
   Strength 4

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

the veil - The Veil Empty Re: The Veil

Post by Atlas December 6th 2015, 11:38 pm

Approved until stated otherwise
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top