The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Back on ones home turf [Alpha] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Back on ones home turf [Alpha] I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Back on ones home turf [Alpha] I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Back on ones home turf [Alpha] I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Back on ones home turf [Alpha] I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Back on ones home turf [Alpha] I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Back on ones home turf [Alpha] I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Back on ones home turf [Alpha] I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Back on ones home turf [Alpha] I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Back on ones home turf [Alpha] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Back on ones home turf [Alpha] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Back on ones home turf [Alpha] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Back on ones home turf [Alpha] I_vote_lcapBack on ones home turf [Alpha] I_voting_barBack on ones home turf [Alpha] I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Back on ones home turf [Alpha]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Back on ones home turf [Alpha] Empty Back on ones home turf [Alpha]

Post by The Pale Kestrl September 5th 2015, 12:40 pm

Dex was back home, back in London to be precise. Preciser still he was currently riding the London Eye, the view of his home countries capital spread out in front of him like a massive three dimensional map. The city hadn't changed much in the time Dex had been away, the same buildings were in more or less the same places and similar people walked the same streets they had been walking since Dex had gone off on his little sojourn. He liked it, perhaps it was some inherent home based connection he had with England but it was comforting to know that he could come home and things would be more or less the same.

The pod was slowly reaching it's peak and as it did Dex walked out to the wrap around window, pressing a hand on the glass as he leaned against it as he hooked his other thumb over the single strap of his backpack. Looking down he watched at the Thames River, still a dirty brown mark cutting through the middle of city. The boats ferrying tourists up and down it's length like a great convayer belt. Yes it was good to be home.

"It's a nice view isn't it?" Dex turned a little suddenly to see a young man standing next to him, he was looking out at the view but soon turned to Dex with a  smile "My parents took me where when I was a kid a long time ago, it's always had a special meaning since then"

Dex didn't quite know how to respond to that remark, he wasn't great at talking to people he did know and was even worse with new people. As he tried to formulate an answer Dex's eye caught a glimpse of something as the man turned, a flash of dark bronze sown onto his jacket. A shield background under the image of a veiled man holding the hilt of a sword which pointed down. The symbol of the Order of the Shaded Vigil. Dex felt a little smile creep onto his face.

"I know the feeling" replied Dex as he looked back across the city "But I think this place makes me think of the future not the past"

For a time the two of them stood silently, watching as the pod lowered down back toward the ground. There weren't many people in the pod, just a few family with their kids, but Dex still spoke with a whisper as he turned to the operative.

"Did you get my message?"

The man smiled but didn't look at him "I'm here am I not?"

Dex shook his head from side to side, a stupid question really "Then I suppose you just want confirmation?"

The man seemed to nod slightly but didn't respond. Dex saw it out of the corner of his eye, the signal to carry on.

"I found what I was looking for, and I completed your little job as well. I can't promise that the upholstery will be any good but it is better than nothing at all"

The man smiled to him and nodded "We are very grateful Dex, i'm sure we can move our own stuff in soon"

He patted Dex's shoulder and then turned to leave, Dex didn't watch him go the meeting was at an end. In the mean time something had caught his attention, something happening across the road.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Young and wayward Energy powered metahuman just trying to do some good: Glow

Seismic empowered mercenary looking for work: Reave

Young vigilante trying to make his own mark: Ex-41
The Pale Kestrl
The Pale Kestrl

Quote : "Impressive toys you have there boy. But your playing in the big leagues now" Felix "Reave" Black

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 56
Job : Roguish Traveller
Humor : Well, the worlds a pretty funny place
Registration date : 2015-07-12

Back to top Go down

Back on ones home turf [Alpha] Empty Re: Back on ones home turf [Alpha]

Post by Hyperion September 6th 2015, 4:22 pm

Jordan looked out over the city from at the top of a building, shielding his eyes from the harsh glare of the sun as he took everything in. ”The city isn’t that bad looking.” It was a little grungy really but then again what big city could get around something like that? Regardless London had a certain charm to it that he could not deny, and there were just so many people around too. Still, he had other reasons for being here beyond just taking in the scenery and that was something that he needed to look into. Something was happening in London, an unknown energy had begun to fluctuate it and that feeling reminded him very much of Thanatos. The human population would have not been able to sense it without some manner of magical senses, but he could feel them just fine.

That feeling was enough to send a cold shiver down his spine and even force a few beads of sweat to crop up. Something was happening and he could not quite tell what that something was. It could have been Thanatos or Hyperion messing with him, one of the two was likely. If it was the second one, then something told Jordan that had may have fallen into a trap. White feathered wings were pressed tightly against his back, somehow seeming to extend through a nondescript black jacket. Honestly, he wasn’t dressed too impressively, with a white t-shirt under that and a pair of khaki pants which weren’t too baggy for pants. His wings ached to feel the wind under them, but now was not quite the time to do any flying. Not until he had managed to find the source of this dark energy and then from there….well likely he would have to deal with it.

”I have a sinking feeling this is not going to go well.” He muttered under his breath, pushing away a few dark brown strands of hair from his forehead as he leaned forward to look at the street stretching below him. All it took was a jump as his wings stretched out and then he was off flying once again. It was somewhere around here, but the where was the issue really. That was when the dark energy fluctuated to the point that it felt as if a hand had squeezed suddenly around his heart. There was a flash of pain across his face as he noticed what appeared to be a dark spot within the sky, something that only came before one thing and that was an abyssal break within the planar lines. Something was likely coming through, and that was proven by a sudden roar that filled the sky.

Picking up the speed, Jordan knew he could not stop what was coming through from coming through but he could at the very least keep it from causing damage. From what appeared to be a raw slash within the sky, a viscous black blood would ooze from the wound as it plopped downward to the ground. What it collided with was a car, causing steel to buckle underneath it as glass was utterly shattered. This black ooze would begin to mold and shift into it took on a form, demonic almost in appearance. It’s front legs were more like arms, great in size with massive claws that sunk into the ground. Nolten eyes peered from under oppressive eyebrows, head crested with horns as a massive tail lashed about from its rear end. It’s roar was loud, enough so to cause glass to shatter as it’s eyes turned upon the nearest person, tail lashing out to grab onto them.

The only thing that stopped it was a blade of energy that sliced through it, causing back ichor to spew as the creature roared in pain. ”Well, it looks like Thanatos is finally making his move.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top