The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
The Photon I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Photon I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
The Photon I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
The Photon I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
The Photon I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Photon I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
The Photon I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
The Photon I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Photon I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Photon I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
The Photon I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
The Photon I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
The Photon I_vote_lcapThe Photon I_voting_barThe Photon I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Photon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Photon Empty The Photon

Post by Thorgron August 28th 2015, 3:14 am

Lucca Savio
The Photon

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: The Photon
Alignment: NG
Race: Human
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 6'1
Weight: 180
Blood type: O-

The Looks

Lucca:
The Photon:

The Legacy

Personality:
Lucca is the oddest contradictory combination of optimism and pessimism (he'll tell you it's realism). A nerdy type, he enjoys all things science and genuinely loves to learn new things. How he acts towards you depends entirely on how well he knows you and the environment. The better you know him obviously the more open he will be. In these situations he'll be a bit off the wall and energetic with no reserves. But around someone he doesn't know as well he'll be more quiet, analytical, deciding just how best to interact with a person. It can take months for him to exit this analyzing phase of a relationship with another person as he decides who he needs to be to get along with you. At the same time he is a person generally unwilling to compromise himself  or his core values, but does not like to offend. He distrusts money and those with it as well as people in positions of great power. Ultimately he is a good person who wants to do right by humanity and to leave a lasting and beneficial mark on the human race but is discouraged and overwhelmed by the sheer scale of such a task.

History:
Lucca is a fourth generation Italian American, coming from a family still very proud of their heritage but fully embracing the American culture (if you can really call what America has a culture). From an early age Lucca showed signs of intelligence and his parents fostered his mind through simple things like reading to him and playing simple math games with him. With that aid Lucca excelled in school and easily got into his desired field in college, physics. The subject had fascinated him for all of his life. Essentially it was the study of how everything worked and with his desire to understand everything it fit nicely with him.

College however was not as easy for Lucca as high school was. By around his junior or senior year of high school Lucca had stopped doing homework outside of classes and yet still got good grades. This was not the case in college and it got even worse as time went on. He nearly failed out around the end of his sophomore year. It was not that he couldn't do the work, but he got caught up in his social life, in his ability to finally freely express himself in an environment of his choosing. But he pulled himself together and eventually was able to graduate from college with an above average GPA.

But then...nothing. For his entire life Lucca had been built up, told he could do anything he wanted when he grew up, that the world would be open to him. But it wasn't. Life continued on in a mind numbing haze after college. Month after month passed and Lucca couldn't get so much as an interview from places that he applied. He began to think that there might be something wrong with him, to worry that his life had essentially peaked at the age of 22 and it was all down hill from there. Thankfully it wasn't.

One night after a particularly stressful and boring day, Lucca decided that he would lay out on the back deck of his parent's house and sleep under the stars. If nothing else it would break up the monotony. He had no idea how right he was. As he lay beneath the stars he watched as a meteor shower started. It's brilliance was beautiful and decided that he would wish on one of them. Not like it could hurt. He'd been trying everything logical that he could think of so why not try something childish and illogical. He closed his eyes and began. "I wish that I could break the cycle. I'm ready for my life to start." As he opened his eyes he watched a star jet across the sky and then abruptly curve. Was it...um, getting bigger? Yes is was. He watched in horror as the shooting star came hurtling in his direction. He knew there was no chance he could get out of the way so he threw his hands up in a futile attempt to save himself only seconds before impact. Once me closed his eyes and then...nothing...again. He opened his eyes and was immediately caught off guard. He was glowing a brilliant bright white. His eyes traced down his body as he discovered just how much he had changed. It took a few days for him to fully come to grasps with just what had happened and figure out his powers. But once he did, he knew what he had to do. He had reached out to the universe for a way to break the monotony of his life and the universe reached back. He ad always wanted to make a difference to the world and now he had the ability to do so.

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers

Light Properties: As The Photon Lucca is made of solid light and thus takes on some of the odd properties of light, more specifically of a photon:
- The Photon passes through transparent or translucent materials as though they were not there at all
- The Photon is solid, having mass and being able to interact with his environment, however he is weightless
- The Photon can move between any two points in space at the speed of light so long as he has line of sight

Light Speed: Well not exactly, but as The Photon Lucca is possessed of some pretty incredible speed and agility. His entire body becomes capable of moving at speeds exceeding 2200 mph. His movements and perceptions become laser accurate and he is capable of accelerating to top speed instantaneously.

Light uh...Light: Simply put The Photon is able to emit light in various forms. It must always originate from his body whether he is acting as a human lantern or firing concentrated beams from his hands, eyes etc. This is his only ability whose power is directly proportional to the amount of light in the area. In extremely dim or dark light conditions he is only capable of illumination. However in direct sunlight he is capable of firing a massive sustained beam capable of punching through layers of thick reinforced steel. His upper limit to this ability has not yet been observed.

Weakness(es)

Diffusion: The Photon may be able to pass through translucent materials however it can take a toll on him. The more opaque the substance is, the more it diffuses The Photon. When diffused, The Photon will appear to be dimmer than normal and his abilities will be less effective (less fast, not as powerful energy projections, etc) for a brief period of time as he absorbs more light. The Photon can be forced back to Lucca if he is diffused too much.

Gravity: The Photon may be weightless but he is subject to gravity just like anything else meaning he reaches terminal velocity at the same speed as any other object.

Darkness: If The Photon is deprived of light entirely he will be forced to let his abilities function on the amount of light he has stored. This reserve does not last long and will quickly force him to power down to Lucca until he is once again in light.

Human: Lucca is undetectable as The Photon while in his human form because he possesses none of his abilities and is as vulnerable as any other 22 year old human.

Line: For The Photon to travel at light speeds a few things must happen. First he must have line of sight to where he wants to move. In other words it has to be a straight line and The Photon must be able to see it. Second he must emit a beam of light in the path he wishes to take. He will become this beam in order to travel at light speeds. He cannot travel at light speeds in a curve, zigzag, to a spot in mid air, through a wall, etc. and he can cause no damage to the surface he exits from or appears on. He can also not take anything with him while traveling at light speeds.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s):
- As long as Lucca is The Photon he requires only light to sustain his life.
- The Photon always glows white. While bright he is not painful to look at unless he cranks up the lumens
- Lucca can not change his appearance as The Photon, he has decided that the "c" on his chest stands for the universal constant, the speed of light
Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
Agility 2
Endurance 3
Reaction 1
Strength 4

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Photon Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

The Photon Empty Re: The Photon

Post by Humanity August 28th 2015, 3:18 am

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

The Photon Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top