The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
The Christmas Accident I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Christmas Accident I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
The Christmas Accident I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
The Christmas Accident I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
The Christmas Accident I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Christmas Accident I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
The Christmas Accident I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
The Christmas Accident I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Christmas Accident I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Christmas Accident I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
The Christmas Accident I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
The Christmas Accident I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
The Christmas Accident I_vote_lcapThe Christmas Accident I_voting_barThe Christmas Accident I_vote_rcap 
ghost
The Christmas Accident I_vote_lcapThe Christmas Accident I_voting_barThe Christmas Accident I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Christmas Accident

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Christmas Accident Empty The Christmas Accident

Post by Dark Phazer August 4th 2015, 5:40 pm

The Christmas Accident

This story will put you the reader in my shoes on Christmas day 2014, the day I endured a compound fracture to my arm. We will be covering how I was a few minutes before the accident and how I acted after taking the drugs to numb the pain, all the way till I was in hospital having surgery. I will try to get my story across to you using the techniques us as a class have learnt in the past 2 terms.

Think, sparking yellow. The colour of excitement, because that is all you feel. Listen, to the deep humming of the motor. Smell, the most likely unhealthy petrol fumes once again from the motor.

Hands gripped tightly around the steering wheel of the blue go-kart, you dab at the accelerator sending vibrations through your body and the motorised vehicle forward just a tiny bit. At the bottom of the gravel drive you finally place your foot with force on the pedal sending the cart lurching forward with speed. The wheels kick up stones as you get closer to the bumpy cattle stop that separates the shingle drive from the more modern concrete drive. Your cousin is taking photos around the corner and as you make the turn you take one hand off the steering wheel and throw out your arm outside of the roll cage and smile for the camera. Bringing your arm back onto the steering wheel you start ascending up the concrete hill to the flat, where you can see your younger cousins jumping up and down in excitement and your other family members being more reserved, waiting to have their turn on the go-kart.

Before you disembark from the cart and give someone else a turn, you decide you had better show them how it’s done. You drive out just a little bit further and throw the vehicle into a hard spin, making a tight turn at high speeds. As if in slow motion the go-kart tips moving on to two wheels. In reaction you throw your arm out to break your fall, which you later find out was your ultimate downfall. As the cart finally tips all the way the roll cage falls on your arm and a dull thud can be heard. Go-kart on top of your arm which is now at an awkwardly painful angle, twisted up behind you.
“WHAT HAVE I DONE??!!”, you scream as pain begins flooding your arm.
Aunties, uncles, cousins and parents rush to you, some not wanting to get too close in fear of seeing something to gruesome. Slowly the machine gets lifted off you and you lay there sprawled on a weird angle. Gasps can be heard as the injury is in full view and they can see just how drastic the situation is, bone pierced through the skin in 2 places! Gulping down deep breaths you try to remain calm as your dad kneels down beside you. Screaming begins again as your arm gets bent around to how it should be, yet it is not normal at all with flesh all that is keeping your arm intact. The bones that were showing through your skin get pulled back under when your arm got brought around but now you face another problem, blood is flooding out the hole your humerus has created. All the while the intense sun continues to beam down on you, why couldn’t nature give you some relief in this time of intense pain. Thumb pressed up against the bloody hole Dad tries his best to stop the flow. Mum grips your other hand in hers, repeatedly telling you that it was going to be okay.
“Dial 111”, someone yells. Yes please take me to the hospital and take this pain away.
Towering over you, your uncle who was once an All Black suggests something, “Ok I think we should pray now”. Yes, being a Christian and all, praying is definitely what you need right now. Something to calm you down and bring you closer to God.

Time flows on and things have changed. Dad almost vomited from the sight, he actually got quite white, you have sunglasses on now to combat the sun and draped over your arm to hide the gruesome sight, a towel that has already been covered in a substantial amount of blood. But now you can hear the sound of a vehicle coming up the drive, the same drive that you had just drove up a few moments before. Coming into view you see your saviour in all its glory. You have never actually rode in an ambulance before might be exciting, got to look on the bright side of life. Family disperses, well the few family brave enough to get so close, and you feel bad for all the people you have frightened, the ones that had started crying. Bringing to you a small green pipe looking thing they hand it to your mum who puts it into your mouth.
“Just breathe in and out”, the paramedics instruct. It tastes funny almost bad but you feel the pain slipping away so you begin to suck vigorously. Your head begins to feel light, like it is not even connected to your body.
“These are the only time you are going to be allowed drugs Caleb”, your mum says laughing. It was good that they could joke about the situation. Paramedics slip a stretcher under you your destroyed arm on the ground beside you. You now have no feeling in your arm and your mind is spiralling into the unknown, you feel like you are in the midst of a dream.
“We don’t want you running away young man”, says a lady leaning over you tying you onto the stretcher, for your ever important safety.
You fire back in your dream like state, “I would never run away from you, I love you!”
Family erupts into laughs and you just lay there smiling goofily. You never knew you could be so funny while suffering through such a drastic injury.

Carefully cradling your arm the same woman who strapped you on puts it over your stomach, grimacing as she feels who twisted it is. As the stretcher get lifted up to get deposited into the van you once again open you mouth spluttering out random nonsense.
“Can I have chicken nuggets when I get back! Oh and I think my arm hurts”. The random is strong with you right now but at least it is bringing smiles and laughter into your family after the tragic injury. Now inside the ambulance you look around.
“This is so awesome! Mum can you hold my hand I’m a bit scared”, you say one sentence then instantly move on to the other. Your parents sit down inside the ambulance and your mum grabs your hand calming you. Closing your eyes you begin to drift into unconsciousness yet your grip still tight on your mother's hand.
“Love you Mum, love you dad. Thanks for looking after me and I’m so sorry for being so dishonest sometimes”, tears beginning to flood down your cheeks. These drugs really were something, a direct link from your brain to mouth had been made everything was coming out - a type of truth serum it seemed. Yet you were glad, some things needed to be said. Dad smiled at you and Mum rubbed your hand. Finally falling asleep you begin to dream randomly vivid dreams about lego to pokemon and everything between.

The ambulance continues driving taking you closer to the surgery that will fix your arm. Hopefully you get some awesome scars.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Christmas Accident Layer_12
Current Threads:

Dark Phazer Experience Thread
Dark Phazer
Dark Phazer

Quote : "I am Iron Man"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 18
Job : High School Student
Registration date : 2015-07-18

Back to top Go down

The Christmas Accident Empty Re: The Christmas Accident

Post by Humanity August 5th 2015, 6:24 pm

Left Shark! Thanks for posting this dude! Liked it! Left Shark!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

The Christmas Accident Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top