The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
Drifter I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Drifter I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
Drifter I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Drifter I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
Drifter I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
Drifter I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Drifter I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Drifter I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Drifter I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
Drifter I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
Drifter I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
Drifter I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Drifter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drifter Empty Drifter

Post by Stoic July 27th 2015, 7:54 pm

Drifter
"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. A nice fairy tale they tell us to blame the system's failure on the people. I'm here to make it a reality."

Basic Biography

Vigilante Name: Drifter
Title: The Equalizer
Alignment: CN
Race: Human (White)
Hair: Dirty Blonde
Eyes: Pale Grey
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 145 pounds
Blood type: O+

The Looks

Pic:
Pic:
Gear:

The Legacy

Personality:"Personality? Well, I've never really been asked to describe myself, except for that time during a job interview....that was weird...... Um, anyway. I've been called bright, logical, systematic......among other things. But honestly that's just another person's perspective, if you really wanted to know me you would ask me, right? Oh, yeah, you are asking me. Well, fuck, i don't know. I'm kinda deliberately mellow and unenthusiastic, maybe a bit cynical at times. Selfish, rude, snide, secluded, all things that could describe me. You might have noticed those are all negatives, well that's because i own up to my faults, and maybe even bottle up a little guilt for them, but at least i don't ignore them like most people do.

But enough of the bad, let's get to the good. Seems I'm always going on about the negatives, probably something i should work on, eh? Anyway, I'm pretty smart i guess, passionate, strategic, philosophical, all that stuff. I'm pretty quiet and shy as well, but after meeting someone for only a few minutes I'll likely open up a bit. I also often try to piss others off because i have a sick sense of humor, and it makes me laugh. Probably not a good thing for others, but it's nice for me....... Some would say i tend to play everything cool and project an aura of 'chillness' over the room, when it isn't bleak depression, of course. I appreciate little things and like everything organized and finished, if it isn't that way well.....i can get irritated. All in all I'm a pretty decent person, or at least i like to think so. I mean, i must be right? I still care for my asshole family even though they are a bunch of dysfunctional dicks, and.....I've donated a dollar or two to cancer funds before...."

Political Alignment:

History: "So, you might be wondering who i am, and what i do, guessing by the fact you're looking under a History section. Well, good news, I'm about to explain it to you. My name is Lukas, and I'm just a normal guy. Well, not really. I should rephrase; I'm normal by all outward appearances. The truth is I've had a hard life. Untreated mental instabilities, poverty, a lack of support and investment into my life. All these things created who i am today, and that's someone who can't stand the injustice of the world.

I might not have gotten this far if it wasn't for my friends, that and my own determination. I was so set on becoming something great, but life hit me with a one-two punch at every opportunity. People held me down, a person that would otherwise rise to great heights, just like they did with many others i know.

Before you say I'm blaming society for my failures, don't. I take responsibility for my actions, but there can be no denial that the world favors a top down system. Men in power create structures to keep themselves there at the expense of others, and call those beneath them lazy for not reaching their height. Let me tell you, i devoted my life to getting halfway there, and wanted nothing but that. I was never lazy—my rights, like those of so many other's, were being infringed upon. I realized that when talking with a few friends of mine during a trip to Taco Bell.

Fundamentally, we're the same, and deserve the same rights. Liberty, that's the reason i set about doing what i do now. No, i don't mean we all deserve to be rich. I don't mean we should implement Equality of Outcome, I'm not a commie, but Goddammit, everyone has the right to Equality of Opportunity. We're sitting here in a supposedly free country, a free world, breaking our backs just to scrape by behind the barriers made by families who are more fortunate. Half these rich fucks didn't even work for what they got, they were just born into it, and they stay on top by keeping everyone else on the bottom.

For too long, there's been this separation of the rights of the average person, and the rights of the elite. They don't have to answer for crimes they commit, have no regard for how their actions effect the rest of the world, and only know one thing—profit. A free society ceases to be free when you let giant mega corporations create monopolies and rig the system. It's no different from being controlled by the state.... So why do we let it happen under the guise of freedom? Because they made it that way, and it's easier for us to swallow. The elite never had any concern for the people, no matter how much they say they have, and they own the world.

So, what's a twenty something, ambitious young man to do when he see's a world rigged against him? He fights back. My life has been a constant spiral of disparity, hardship, and depression up until this point. I've experienced things no one in a first world country should, all while working my ass off through every moment of it. What was the result? Mediocrity, being not happy, but barely content. How is it fair that millions of people can work just as hard and hold even greater quality then some of the most powerful people in the world, yet still sit confined to the depths of a terrible, pointless existence? It's not, if you were wondering.

Look, I'm not saying what i do is justified, it isn't. What i am saying, however, is that there has to be someone to bring down those that have firmly entrenched themselves in power. There has to be someone to deliver justice, because the elite sure as hell aren't going to do it to themselves. Everyone deserves a chance at a good life without being battered at every turn, everyone deserves access to the lanes those in power have reserved only for themselves, and everyone, no matter who they are, deserves to be judged by their character, not their status or any other variable.

Even if this does nothing, even if I'm killed and brushed under the rug by a society that won't change, I'm going to do something that matters while I'm still around. I'm going to shake up the system, and make those who have never had anything to fear tremble. There's a new sheriff that just drifted into town.......

The Powers and Weaknesses

Powers

Nope, Drifter is human, no powers.

Weaknesses

Just a Human: Drifter is just a human, and a skinny one at that.

OCD: Drifter has OCD, or did if you ask him. He says it has mostly vanished since childhood, and that's true, but at times it resurfaces and can cause the random impulse to do something several times. If he doesn't, he freaks out and his mind will focus on doing that action instead of anything else that may be more important.

You're not better then anyone: Drifter has the need to go after those with a high horse mentality or those that think they are better then others for whatever reason (Fame, Money, Power, ect).

Oh i can't? Watch me: Once Drifter has decided he is going to do something or that he is a certain way, it's is literally impossible to talk him out of it.

Insomnia: Drifter sometimes doesn't sleep for days, making him groggy and generally less effective. (Every other thread he will be effected by this to some degree.)

Long Fuse, Big Bomb: Drifter can deal with practically any situation without getting angry, however, this only lasts so long. Eventually it will pile up to the point where he goes off the handle, lashes out, throws things, loses focus, ect.

Hypochondria/Paranoid: Drifter is very paranoid, always thinking someone knows what he's up to or suspects something. This extends to the fact he always thinks somethings wrong with him, like thinking he will die because he breathed in a small amount of propane.

RP Mechanics

Precognitive Dreaming: During his dreams, Drifter can at times see things that have yet to happen. Most of the time he forgets them by the time he wakes up, only remembering when the event is about to happen like it's Deja Vu. This is mostly there for plot purposes and it is permission based, however once per thread Drifter can react to something as if he knew it was coming. This is mostly for a less plot bs way to keep the squishy human from dying too early, and is therefore more of an RP mechanic.
Details/Drawbacks:

Resourceful: A very competent social engineer that knows how to get what he wants.

Peak Human Aim: Has a pretty impressive aim, for a human.

Freerunner: Drifter is a decent freerunner and user of parkour techniques.

Martial Artist: Drifter is skilled in JiuJitsu and Kick Boxing, as well as fencing. Not a master, but he can hold his own.

Skilled Techie: Though by no means superhuman, Drifter is skilled with computers and is a competent hacker, utilizing several self written virus' to their fullest effects and generally being good with technology as a whole.

Traps: Drifter is very proficient at creating traps with nothing but easily acquired items and his explosives.  

Survival Priority: Drifter has a rather unique way of going about an operation. He has to have a plan before doing anything offensive, and even then, the priority is survival. Any other goal of the mission is treated as a secondary objective. This prevents him from doing anything that would compromise his safety just to take out a target. The goal is to get away, and if he succeeds in his other objectives, great, and if not, it's better to live to fight another day instead of trying to improvise an already failed plan. As Drifter says: "If your plan fails, go home and make a new one."

Items

Weapons and Armor:

Technology:

Physical Priority
Agility 1
Reaction 2
Endurance 3
Strength 4

Last edited by Drifter on February 22nd 2018, 3:10 pm; edited 39 times in total
Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 290
Job : Vigilante, of course.
Humor : You cannot ban that which is neither banned nor not banned.
Registration date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

Drifter Empty Re: Drifter

Post by Samael Christensen July 27th 2015, 7:59 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The immortal with not enough patience for this- Adam Johnson (Vampire boi)
The Ravens Son- Samael Christensen
The Half angel/Half brother - Nathaniel Christensen
Samael Christensen
Samael Christensen
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 903
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha September 3rd 2015, 8:22 pm

moved for edits

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Drifter CjhXQha
Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic September 6th 2015, 7:11 pm

Added advancement and new fc for costume.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha September 6th 2015, 7:12 pm

Reapproved

Drifter CjhXQha
Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Red December 8th 2015, 10:09 pm

Edited Personality and History

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas December 8th 2015, 10:11 pm

Reapproved
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic January 16th 2016, 7:57 pm

Changed FCs

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard February 20th 2018, 2:51 pm

Moved to add additional approved advancements to sheet.

-My DeviantArt-
Drifter JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red January 15th 2019, 7:53 pm

Retired

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top