The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Unremembered - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Unremembered - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Unremembered - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Unremembered - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Unremembered - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Unremembered - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Unremembered - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Unremembered - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Unremembered - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Unremembered - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Unremembered - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Unremembered - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Unremembered - Page 2 I_vote_lcapUnremembered - Page 2 I_voting_barUnremembered - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Unremembered

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unremembered - Page 2 Empty Re: Unremembered

Post by Pain September 18th 2015, 5:52 pm

He heard her words, though they sounded as if she was trying to convince herself of their truth more so than him. Her reasoning incited disgust, her claims to enjoy taking his life immediately played Butch's death over in his mind. Towards the end of her speech, he gave a slight nod of recognition.

"I see.." His eyes dropped away from hers, his gaze shifting off to the floor for a moment while he collected his thoughts. Taking life was never something he enjoyed, even in his most crazed state against the most reprehensible of villains. He felt lust for violence, but never for death.

"Skyler, was it?" His eyes quickly trailed back up to her, his furrowed expression seemingly analyzing her. Though his presence was intimidating, in reality he held a concern for her. The path she may take, or perhaps may have already taken is a road he knows all too well. "You neglected to share that."

"You seem driven by selfish motivations under the guise of heroics." He immediately followed up, his words harsh and his voice stern.

"You refer to your victims as trash, but you're a murderer yourself.. What makes you any better?" Though he didn't raise his voice, sorrowful anger seethed through his words. Deep down he knew he once sounded like her, that if he hadn't left he may very well have fallen down that path. Perhaps, subconsciously this was therapeutic. As if through her he was reflecting on his own inner demons.

He cut her off, having no desire to hear her answer. "Don't play the hero." He stated contentiously, the raspiness in his voice showing strongly. Seemingly done with their exchange, he turned his back to her once more. "Be one." He stated harshly over his shoulder before looking ahead.

Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 18th 2015, 6:19 pm

Her form tensed the moment her name rolled passed his lips.

'I did not reveal my name to him! How? How could he know so much about me? A secret such as my name? Was my face still recognizable? Had he read my name in a paper? Was I really an unforgettable face?' Skyler was lost in her thoughts, taken aback by the sudden realization that this man knew something so precious about her.

She was sure she had kept her records cleanly sealed, her full name hidden from anyone's eyes. She would need to check about that when she returned home to Lilia.

Falling calmly back to reality, her shoulders slowly relaxed as Pain continued on about what seemingly drove her. As soon as he blatantly accused her of being a murderer, her heart sank. She felt the very muscle of her entire being start to flutter, her stomach churning into knots simultaneously.

"You don't kno--" being cut off by him, she widened her eyes in disbelief of his actions. Was he so full of himself and his choices that he felt better than her?

He had no right to judge her so harshly.

'Don't play the hero...

... Be one.
'

The words echoed in her mind. Closing her eyes, she was filled with a sudden darkness, and off in the distance of her mind, she saw a small light. It grew larger and larger until her mind was a stark white, endless room. In the center an inky dark blue vortex appeared. Speckled within the vortex were stars. As the vortex formed, it spiraled outward and became space. Floating there, Earth came into view, and among the planet there were beacons pinging off of each continent. Some beacons were really clusters of beacons. Each beacon was a life she took.

Opening her eyes, she felt tears well up in them, effortlessly streaming down her cheeks.

"I am whatever I am needed to be." She finally said, looking up at the back of his head.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Unremembered - Page 2 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain September 23rd 2015, 12:08 am

I am whatever I needed to be.

Those words rang through his mind, similar to something he once told himself. There should always be a limit, but he can relate to being something else entirely.

His expression and demeanor remained apathetic, but hearing the sorrow in her voice struck something within him. Over his shoulder he saw tears running down her face, though it was quite obvious from the tone of her voice. This brought a feeling back he hadn't felt in years, compassion for another person. Maybe it was pity, maybe it was just because she was a woman. He didn't understand it himself, but he knew one thing; he didn't want to see her like this.

Pain turned so his side was facing her, his icy eyes looking on her once again. His expression attempted to soften, but with little success. He had lost that ability long ago.

"You can be more than that."

His raspy voice stated galvanizingly. Immediately, he turned away from her once more and looked to the sky. He had some things to look into, whatever happened here today just didn't sit right with him. Pain had a sneaking suspicion that these events were planned out. Something else had to have aided in the destruction of this building, what it was he intended to find out.

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed something that furthered his suspicions. A smoldering piece of debris, scorched in an oddly familiar way. He moved towards it and knelt down to one knee.

With one hand, he scooped it up off the floor and held it out before him so that he could examine it. Though it would have instantly melted through the hands of a normal man, it did nothing more than singe the skin of his rough leathery hands. The debris glowed faintly, like a small orange star in his hand. He knew exactly who was responsible for this.

"Randall..." He growled under his breath with a slight snarl, the anger immediately showing on his face.  With that utterance, he crushed the super heated rock in his hand with ease. When he opened his hand, only smoke and pebbles remained which were quickly swept away by the wind.

Pain rose to his feet and immediately leapt from his position into the sky, seemingly in a rush. Before he did anything about this, there was some one he had to see..
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 1st 2015, 6:05 am

You can be more than that... Was what would, unbeknownst to Skyler, make a big change in her life.

She wiped her face free of the salty tears and blinked a bit. She was now fully regenerated, having stood there as any other minor cuts sealed up, leaving her unharmed. Once Pain stepped away, Skyler could only see the back of his form stepping passed the destruction.

Skyler made it her mission to start helping with the casualties immediately.

She started pointing, calling orders, and checking individuals that hadn't been seen by an EMT yet. She quite possibly just saved more lives than she had imagined she would. She paid no real attention to the stranger she had met, but she knew she would meet him again in life. There was no doubt about that.

She was stopped by a medic in the middle of suturing a wound on a middle aged man's arm.

"Was that big guy THE big guy?" Asked the EMT. Skyler was confused and gave the EMT, their name being Matt, a puzzled look.

"Pain, the hero of New York City. It looked kinda like him. I've been waiting for him to return. You really don't know who Pain is?" asked Matt.

Skyler searched her mind, looking for any shred of knowledge she had on the big guy. It was then that the New York Assault headlines popped into her mind. Pain. THE Pain. Was that him? She glanced behind her just in time to see Pain jump up into the air and completely leave the scene.

She had no idea, but if it was, it was good to have him back.

"I didn't get his name. Now shut up and get back to work." She finished the last four stitches she needed to do in the middle aged man's arm, and moved on to the next patient.

Times were changing for Skyler Snowden.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Unremembered - Page 2 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum