The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Shock I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Shock I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Shock I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Shock I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Shock I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Shock I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Shock I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Shock I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Shock I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Shock I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Shock I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Shock I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Shock I_vote_lcapShock I_voting_barShock I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Shock

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shock Empty Shock

Post by Duo July 14th 2015, 1:13 am

Shock
"We're like, The Localized Supermen.""

Basic Biography

Hero Name: Shock
Title: The Dark Crusader
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Meta-Human
Hair:Mid-Length that curls up, making it seem short. The color is light brown.
Eyes: Standard Green Eyes, only the pupil has a single dot of yellow due to his powers.
Height: 5'11
Weight: 155 Pounds
Blood type: AB+

The Looks

Overall Look:
Attire:
COSTUME!:

The Legacy

Personality:

Shock is a free spirit. He hates being contained to one area, and thus is always traveling. He takes pride in calling himself a superhero, and believes that anywhere he goes he should always be performing acts of heroism. Shock also is extremely open and friendly, being extremely social to even the worst looking of strangers, making sure to talk to anyone. He tries his best to compensate for anyone's losses, even if he had nothing to with it, and will feel guilty over not helping a situation, meaning he will go out of his way to stop himself from feeling guilty, no matter the act. This translates to him stopping everything to help a kid who dropped an ice cream cone, or stop a burglar, or do his best to fight off Super-Villains terrorizing the area.

On a side note, he also tends to make a fool of himself, and is a generally carefree guy when not bothered with tasks of Superhuman Business.

History:

Jason Chase was born to a standard middle-class family, in which he lived a normal life like everyone else. It wasn't until he was 15 that anything super eventful in his life had happened. The night before his 16th birthday, Jason went out with a group of friends to celebrate, and in the process managed to come up with the stupidity to climb an electric post, and place a pair of shoes on the wire. In the process, Jason fell backwards, touching a small spot on his back against the electric wire. He stayed in this position for far longer than anyone else could have possibly done, and he stayed in the position, feeling the electricity surge through him, until finally it stopped hurting. He wasn't numb, and nothing really had happened, just it stopped hurting.

The next day, Jason discovered his newfound powers of creating and controlling electricity, and experimented the next four years with it, until finally getting it down that he has mastered it. This included creating an ability to see anything he saw in the dark, which he would call "Electric Terrain". While training his electricity, he would also learn various fighting styles from different local dojos and private schools.

Whenever he had just recently turned twenty, Jason had witnessed a defenseless cop become overrun by members of a ruthless street gang. Feeling like he couldn't just stand by and watch, he helped out, managing to scare off and beat up most of the gang members, all after shutting off the lights. A series of crimes stopped by him in the dark later gave him the nickname of The Dark Crusader. When he realized he loved being a superhuman, he went out, and took his old car and decided he would roam the country with it, stopping any crimes he saw along the way.

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers

Power 1: Electricity Creation & Electrokinesis - Shock has the ability to control, create, and manipulate electricity. This consists of, but is not limited to, freely moving electricity wherever he pleases, forming small balls of electricity to fire from his hands, and stopping a surge of electricity which would harm a friend. This is semi-limited though, as he must be in a good state of mind to use this ability (being drunk, high, or being in extreme moods won't stop the power, simply hamper it). While he doesn't need to be in complete focus, Shock can be distracted and be forced to stop the control (just to be clear, this doesn't mean in a fight he can't still be controlling electricity, but if a random knife is thrown at him from a different direction, if he didn't see it coming he may have to dodge it quickly, this causing a small lack of focus, and causing the control to halt for a moment.) When it comes to meta-human created electricity, it depends on the power. A surge of electricity the power of a lightning bolt will obviously be harder to stop than a little ball of electricity, and no matter what, he can only cause the electricity to redirect, not being in control power, and can only use this for avoiding attacks. As a note to how much electricity Shock can freely create, small projectiles come easily to make (such as baseball sized orbs of electricity) and even temporary blasts (such as a ray coming from his hands) can be held for quite a while, however constant constructs are hard, and thus require much concentration (more so than normal) and cannot be used for too long (AKA, as of now, no staffs or swords or tentacles made of electricity that stay for long distances of time, and if so then they're taxing).  
As a note, any creation of electricity can be fueled by electricity, thus allowing things normally hard to do to become easier with a good amount of energy nearby. As an example, a light post nearby can be tapped into to power his creations, and thus only requiring control instead of actual creation. This helps things such as constant beams/constructs of electricity.

Power 2: Electric Terrain - The Main Power of Shock, this allows him to coat an area with electricity which is near undetectable and completely harmless. The electricity creates a map in his mind, and he can use this to see areas which are too large and complex (such as a maze with many walls) or are too dark (such as a building at night with no light), primarily the latter. Not only can the character use this to see, but they can also use this to create electricity in certain areas, or tamper with previously existing electricity. For example, Shock could use this to, from a distance, power up a flashlight with no batteries/charge, or can use this to blow out a generator or lightbulb by overriding them with electricity. This power can also be used to suck up any electricity that it taps into, meaning any lightbulbs or generators or car batteries that this is effected by can slowly give power to Shock's electricity creation, although it's much less powerful than Shock being close range to an object (so, the farther Shock is, the slower the energy is to get to him). Shock also gains the ability to slightly hamper with electronics. While not being able to hack a computer simply by surging the area which it's in with electricity, Shock can turn up the volume on things, turn on and off sprinklers, and things such as that. Shock primarily uses this to see, creating maps of areas in his head and acting accordingly. Any movements in the area are changed in the map, and uses this as an eyesight when his own won't due, or to help see anything his own can't.

Power 3: Shock-Resistant - A side power of Shock, this is passive, and requires no concentration or focus at all, and even comes whenever he's not conscious, protecting him when he's sleeping, knocked out, or otherwise.Naturally, his body has adapted to reject electricity, making Shock completely shock-resistant. This stops him from being hurt from his own electricity, natural electricity, and most meta-created electricity (any super powerful electricity will still have side effects, such as possible electric burns, or otherwise depending on the meta-human, but most standard meta-human electricity causes no harm). This does not mean that he absorbs electricity, instead the opposite, unless he allows himself to absorb it willingly, his body naturally pushes it away, dispersing it away from his body (normally at his feet and the ground).
Weakness(es)

Weakness 1: Glass/Mirrors - Shock's electricity cannot seem to break through mirrors or glass. Mirrors are Shock's biggest problems, as the electricity he creates/controls simply bounces back off mirrors in a sort of reflective way, while glass just causes the electricity to either glide across it, or just disperse on contact, depending on the situation. Also, for some odd reason, Glass is harder for Shock to break in person, causing him to fail at breaking most glass, and nearly all mirrors, without some kind of assistance or help (meaning yes, he can't just punch through a mirror on the bathroom to break it, but can throw a baseball at it to break it). Electricity sent back to him as a cause of mirrors won't cause him to feel pain, but constantly sending electricity to the mirrors will cause him to run out of stamina at the same rate he would if he were to just constantly spam electricity to anything else. Glass also causes more pains when it cuts his skin, and Shock has even stated before that "even touching glass he doesn't feel safe".

Weakness 2: Errors in Terrain - The Electric Terrain has it's errors. For starters, water causes small mismatches in the map-making and what-not, causing some areas to appear distorted, even if there's just small puddles on the ground (of course, just wet ground won't cause any errors, as that's just silly!) or large amounts of water in certain areas (such as a tub filled with water, or a pool). Another is that anything that resists electricity (rubber, wood, etc.) will still show up in a general shape of the terrain mapmaking, however he won't be able to tell what exactly the objects are, and will not be able to read any details or get a concept of what their texture (meaning, in short, he can't distinguish wood from rubber, and so forth). Any glass is an exception to this, as glass and mirrors cause 'blankspots' in the terrain, meaning that whatever the glass area is, it's completely unknown to Shock. Any deceiving noises can cause small errors in the Terrain, such as voices being projected from other places, or the noise of footsteps being in a different area. These will cause 'fake object's in the map, which are just parts of very similar things (a face to the voice, or a pair of legs to the footsteps) created by his mind. These aren't caused by the actual terrain, and is instead an error with how his brain mixes the map with standard senses.

Weakness 3: Weak Spot - Shock has a super sensitive point in his body: the middle of his back, right in the area where it was hard to reach, a little bit below the middle of his spine. This area is no more than a few centimeters in length and width, however if this spot is attacked, then Shock will feel amplified pain, about 3 times as painful as whatever the thing he's feeling actually is, and he will find his electricity resistance fading away instantly. Any electric shocks over his body will have a SUPER increased amount of pain, due to the lack of shock damage he's taken over the years. This does not stop him from using electricity creation and manipulation, however he can harm himself unless he forces the electricity not to touch him. This weak spot is NOT triggered by an overall attack (meaning a hand or a whip or a large energy blast) hitting the back, containing that area, and must be triggered by an actual, forceful 'pin' like stab, with either the fingers or an object, and thus cannot be triggered by a mere accident.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s):
Shock's base of operations if what he calls "The Love Caravan", and it's an old, rusty, dirty Volkswagen Van, which is colored a light tan, with a green tint (the tannish color is from it being so old, and the green livelyness going away). He also lives and sleeps in that thing. It has various technology in it as well, although normally nothing that high-tech, just basic stuff.

Items/Minions

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
Agility 2
Endurance 3
Reaction 1
Strength 4
Duo
Duo

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2014-08-31

Back to top Go down

Shock Empty Re: Shock

Post by Forceaus July 14th 2015, 1:19 am

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top