The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] I_vote_lcapPower is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] I_voting_barPower is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] Empty Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus]

Post by Adom May 7th 2015, 8:54 pm

The black market in New York City after the destruction a while back had become huge. Being almost like what Walmart chains were like back in 2015. Only now, they had a huge amount of people roaming around. Any one of them selling weapons that can range from pistols of today, or even swords that were now used because of the high costs of ammo. Even metal bats cost around the good hundreds. They were prized because they didn't need ammo. Here in New York, the simple thug became god over night. However it was the other people, people like me, who held them in line. Simply because it was wrong to take advantage of people. Recently it looked like I was getting into more fights. So I came to the black market to find gear, and even maybe some weapons to keep me safe. Sure my powers were great, but sometimes, nothing beat a good ol' sword to the chest.

I looked around for anything that could be used as a weapon. Even cords that I could use. I picked some up and paid for them. Rather cheep since some people didn't even have electricity in some parts of the city. There was no need for electrical grade wiring. But I could use it. maybe.

I continued to look around. Finding a few bats. But I didn't want a blunt instrument. I wanted something that I could use to a very lethal extent. Something that could easily kill someone with one strike or swing or pull of a trigger. Anything really. I had my motorcycle helmet over the top of my head. Keeping my face hidden, and my jacket on and buttoned up to keep others from taking my wallet from the inside jacket pocket. I then looked over to a man. Garbed in a dark hooded cloak, having a book bag filled with items, and he had a sword. Looked to be made out of gold. But was likely made out of a bronze or an alloy that gave off a golden hue. I looked at it. Wanting to buy it so badly.

How much for the sword?

In a raspy voice he answered. Three grand.
I didn't have that kind of money. But I was close enough. Maybe. I started to bargain with him. Getting it down to about two grand.

Why is this thing so important to you? it's probably not worth it. Look, I am giving you cash. Lower it to a grand and a half?

I now waited for his response.
Adom
Adom

Quote : Shut up, and let me enjoy this cigarette.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 70
Job : Vape Shop Manager
Registration date : 2015-05-07

Back to top Go down

Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] Empty Re: Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus]

Post by Forceaus May 7th 2015, 10:57 pm

"Wait, you want me to go to New York city undercover to look into the criminal underground that's present there? Okay, I have so many questions to ask, and you're going to answer all of them if you want me to go." John said over a communicator. He had been called to be requested for some supposedly super secret, super important mission, and based on what he had heard so far, wasn't too keen on it. Still, he was going to allow himself to be convinced if good reasons could be given to him. John was someone that tried to be fair after all.

"Okay, question one, why me?" he asked and awaited a response. "Why am I best suited for it?" was the followup question. "What do you mean I probably best look the part of a criminal? That's racist?" he said, raising his voice and feigning anger. "Yes, it is totally racist. How long will I be there for?" he said, randomly changing the conversation a bit.

John felt like he had left the person on the other end taken aback because they didn't reply at first. When they started talking again, it was to provide a steady supply of information. John asked them to repeat what they said so he could write it all down. Basically how long he would be there is indeterminable. Help would be waiting on call if he needed it. That part was a relief. John thought he'd be going in alone or something. "Alright, I'll do it." he said and hung up. Then got called back. There was more to be said, and now he felt awkward for hanging up early.

Even though he arrived in New York city in costume, he would be taking it off and stowing it away for the time being. For now John was in street clothes with a bag full of random stuff, traversing the streets of the city that he had once lived in for several years before the destruction forced him to leave. It had been over a year since he left, but this place still looked familiar to him. It wasn't quite what it had been like before the assault, but it was faring pretty well for itself. Shame the criminal underground had such a strong presence here. Apparently some supervillain had come in and taken over operations here, but that was just a rumor he had heard.

He found one of the major weapons distribution areas. So the information he had been given was correct. This was going well so far, yay. Random criminal merchants were yelling in his general direction to get his attention. They all really wanted business. Now, who here would know about some of the deeper parts of the operations, and would be gullible enough to give away information? None of the people he could see were looking like good candidates for that. Give somebody a try and hope for the best? Yeah, that was probably the best thing to go for.

John walked up to a random merchant and started perusing through the items he had on display. The selection available wasn't as impressive as he thought it would be. He expected heavy firearms, not stuff that primarily consisted of things you could buy at a sporting goods store. Was this criminal underground not as powerful as he had been led to believe? The merchant kept asking him questions and attempting to push stuff on him. John just ignored him for the most part. His attention was grabbed by what was going on at the stand next to the one he was at. Some balding young man was trying to buy a sword and seemed to be angering the owner.

"Can't believe someone would waste money on that thing." He said aloud, without meaning to. The owner of the sword glared over at him as the owner of the stand he was at started talking louder to regain his attention. Well, this was going great. John was off to a great start towards finding out more about this criminal underground by angering some weapon dealers.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus] Empty Re: Power is in more than just the hands. [Forceaus]

Post by Adom May 7th 2015, 11:24 pm

The man kept getting pissed at me. Saying he was not going to go down below two grand. If I had long hair, I would be ripping it out of my head right now because it was clearly not worth it. I was about to throw in the towel, and steal the damn thing and maybe even use it against him. Yes, it was a fine looking sword, but there was no way in hell that I was going to pay that much. I balled my fist up when a man over to my left where another man said it was not worth that much. Both the merchant and I turned to him. I gave him a nod, while the merchant gave him a dirty look.

Picking up the sword without the man's permission, I then looked it over. The detailing was nice, but still not worth two grand. At best it was maybe under a grand. Instead, I thought of something else. I smiled a little when I placed the sword down. Here. Take the grand and a half, and I will give you this. Pulling from my own bookbag, I pulled out a bracelet of paracord. A Rope in essence that was very durable and could hold well over 800 lbs worth of weight before becoming stressed and breaking. I then threw that on the top, and exaggerated a shit ton.

This cord here was made a long time ago for the army. They used it to hold parachutes together, and even made fortifications with it. This rope can't be burned, and is resistant to cutting. It can hold well worth a good ton in weight, and it's worth about the other half I would owe you in dollars. So, will this make the deal?

The Paracord I wrapped myself. Really it was cheep as dirt, and I could get one of these done in about a half an hour. The man looked at it. Playing with it over his fingers. And then nodded his head. I smiled and took the sword while leaving the money there, as well as the bracelet. A cheep one at that. I also took the make shift sheath for it, which was just some cloth tied together by twine, and then put it into my own bag.

Looking at the other man who spoke earlier, I nodded to him with my helmet. He wouldn't be able to see my face as it was hidden behind the dark visor.

Thanks. Your words make him back off a little.

I then offered my hand in a shake, sure I was not really the most trusting person, but I could tell someone who had the ability to move wherever he wanted when I saw them. Much like myself, he seemed to be able to do what he wanted, when he wanted. Hence why I decided to speak to him.

I owe you. Been trying to get that for a good ten minutes.
Adom
Adom

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 7th 2015, 11:55 pm

After having giving his two cents worth on what was going on in a negotiation between a weapons dealer and some random guy over a sword, what he got in return was anger directed at him. Also his interruption did nothing to stop the negotiations from continuing. That guy must really want that sword. John felt there was no sense in trying to stop him, so he didn't bother providing any further commentary on the matter. He instead went back to examining the stuff at the stand he was at, even though the owner was extremely irritated with him right about now.

"So where did you get this stuff from?" he asked the stand owner trying to sound honest and trustworthy. By this point salvaging this was probably a lost cause.

"I got a good supplier. Now are you going to buy anything or just stand there taking up space? I ain't got all day, you hear?" the weapons dealer said, his patience clearly wearing thin.

Knowing how poorly things were currently going, John decided to try a different tactic. "Well I got about 20 grand on me right now, and I would like to get my money's worth. Where can I find the top quality stuff?" he asked trying to sound all confident and imposing. The dealer looked rather shocked at the thought of John having that much money. Regardless of whether or not he believed him, the dealer handed him a piece of paper with an address on it to visit about a real deal. John took it with a grain of salt for it was his only lead, but it may not be a good one.

As he started to walk away from the stand to check out the address he had been given, the guy whose negotiations he had rudely interrupted earlier came over to thank him. John wasn't sure he was entirely deserving of thanks, but accepted it out of politeness anyways. "Glad I could help, I suppose." he said as he accepted the man's offer of a handshake. "I see that you really wanted that sword."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adom May 8th 2015, 12:11 am

As the man spoke to me, I could tell from his voice that he may have been a little surprised. He still said a welcome, while I had continued negotiations with the man for the sword. Sure it wasn't the best, but it would likely be worth it. With what I thought about trying with it, I might as well get the best that I could. After we shook, he spoke about me really wanting the sword. I shrugged my shoulders. Might as well take what I can right?

However, I didn't want to get across that I was desperate for it. I just needed something so I could protect myself. As well, it was a little bit of an impulse buy. I wanted something that I could use with my powers of electricity, and then some. So for now, it would work. I smiled a little under the black dome of my helmet as the man stood there waiting for my response.

I needed it for a project of mine, and it looked the best suitable for it.

There was something about this man. They way he carried himself, and just how... proper? he seemed. Almost as though he was supposed to be one of those "caped crusaders" that had powers as well. But I couldn't just start classing him with them just because he was hiding himself. I opted for a different option. I didn't tell him my name, but I did decide to do something else.

What is it that you are looking for? I'm a local so I might be able to help.

Best way to get under a person's skin, was to act like you were protecting them, or helping them, instead of being a little prick in their side. Maybe, just maybe this man could be an ally. Hell, anyone I crossed paths with could be an ally. But I would rather find out who he is first, and work from there. If that meant getting under his skin and being a prick and an asshole, then so be it.

Let the games begin.
Adom
Adom

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 8th 2015, 1:22 am

To be honest, John had asked the guy about the sword that he had just bought after putting such effort into negotiating for it purely to try and relax himself a bit. He was feeling too tense right about now. New York city simply was not feeling as familiar to him as it should, and he was not okay with that. Also this guy was taking too long to say anything. Seriously, it's just a golden sword, say something about it. Probably wasn't actually really made of gold anyways. It's totally fool's gold, or.....whatever fool's gold is also called.

The guy who bought the sword with talk of needing it for a project. That didn't sound like it was true. He could have just said he really wanted it. It's not like John was going to judge him for that, because he wasn't. But whatever, he would accept that answer as fact because he had no reason not too. John had other places to be anyways. It was probably time to get going.

John started to turn away so he could leave when this helmeted guy said something that caught his attention. He wanted to know what John was up to, and was saying he could help. Okay, now he was a bit suspicious. Who had he run into? John kept his thoughts from showing on his face by already having a blank expression on it. "Top of the line stuff, you know? Wouldn't come to this part of town if I wasn't looking for something good." he said as if he were actually serious. Well, he kind of was, so that's why he could be so convincing, just not for the reasons one might expect. "Now, enjoy your new sword, and if you'll excuse me, I got places to be." he told the guy and began to depart towards the address listed on the piece of paper he had been given.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adom May 8th 2015, 7:54 am

The man really didn't seem to care. And yet, he was up to something. I could almost feel it in my veins. Even more so when he spoke. Saying that he was doing top of the line stuff. I had to ask, why was he here then? Wasn't New York the haven for crime and the place that people went to die from a simple mugging? Either way, He pardoned himself. I believe him when he said that He was here for top. But as for what it is, I kind of wanted to find out now. Simply because he seemed interesting, and was likely just yanking my chain. Since I had nothing else to do today, I might do it.

Understood. Good luck with your search.

Vocalizing my luck for him, He then started to walk off. While he went off in that direction, I would probably have to go around him. I turned almost exactly 90 degrees from the direction he was going, I started to move fast. I jogged a little to go around to an ally. I knew where he was headed in that direction. So I could find him again if I needed to. Looking around, making sure nobody saw me, I jumped up, only form beneath my feet, and my hands came thrust caused from my abilities. Pushing me up into the air to reach the roof.

I then walked towards the black Market by way of roof, Found where we had just met, and then looked towards the direction in which he had left. I turned into the same direction. Finding him not too far off, he was a speck, but I saw him. I then set out in almost a dead sprint across the tops of the roof. Yet keeping my head low should he look up. Though, I kind of doubted it.

What are you up to?
Adom
Adom

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 9th 2015, 8:14 pm

Oh good, he was being allowed to freely leave. No objections or attempt to prevent him from going anywhere. Not even a sign of somebody being offended by his abrupt departure. Just a friendly goodbye and with that, he could leave. That will do just nicely. Why can't it always be this easy? Well, time to hit that old dusty trail. Better than hitting the Oregon trail, because he never could beat that game.

John turned around slowly and started walking away before he was no longer looking at the person he had been talking to. He had taken a few steps before fully turning away from him. From there his place quickened a bit to make it look like he was in a hurry. A hurry to get to get somewhere else before anything happened that would complicate things.

John was walking down the street, no hat on with the brim way down low. No sound but the sound of his feet, and all the other sounds that could be heard. This was a loud neighborhood full of weapons dealers competing for any and all potential customers. John began to make his way out of the neighborhood and off to somewhere else entirely. Along the way he noticed something. That he was being followed. Oh how wonderful it was to be followed. At least whomever it was that was following him would probably not do anything until John reached his destination. Well, that was what he figured, but no guarantees that it was true. John decided to look around as if he was trying to find the place to try and get a glimpse of who was following him. There was somebody running across the rooftops to follow him. Seriously, what's with people and running across rooftops? Don't they realize how dangerous it is? Whatever, he could deal with being followed for the time being.

There stood a really, really shady looking building where the address he had been given was lcoated. A sign stood outside with some messages written on it. Only one of which seemed to have anything to do with what goes on in this building. Then there's things like "Avoid this nightclub" and "Don't be too noisy on 14th street". What was up with those. Regardless, John slowly and carefully walked up to the building, allowing his rooftop traversing pursuer a chance to get closer to him. He reached the door and pulled on it, and it didn't open. "Of course it's locked." he quietly said before knocking on the door. Someone opened the door slightly to look out it and ask him what he was doing here.

"I was given the address to this place by some dealer a few blocks from here. He said this was where I might the best merchandise available." John told him with complete honesty.

"You've come to the right place then. Get in quickly." the doorman said and let him in. John walked in and touched the doorknob as he did so, messing up the lock so that it wouldn't work when this guy tried to lock the door. Inside were a few crates with labels that referred to some dangerous weaponry. So he had found the right place after all. Now here's where things may get complicated.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adom May 11th 2015, 8:24 am

Following the man was not easy. There were times he walked past groups of people, or I had to duck because he found out he was being followed. How he knew I was up here, I had no clue. Regardless, I kept moving. Following the man, every once in a while when the distance between the buildings were too much, I had to use a little bit of thrust to keep me above, even twice that I fell and hand to catch myself on a window sill, and pull myself up so I wouldn't fall down. After pulling myself up, I would look for him again. There was one point where I thought I lost him, only to see that he was standing at a building that looked very much ruined.

I watched as he knocked on the door, spoke to someone, and then he was let in. The door closed. Looking around, I dropped down from the roof. Falling onto the fire escape. It shook and shuddered under my weight, but it held. I looked up to see nothing had changed. I then dropped down, and used my thrust to slow my decent onto the ground. Dusting myself off, I then walked across the street with some ease. Drawing the sword I had just bought from the bookbag, I came up to the house, and ducked down as I moved around the broken, and boarded up window. Trying to listen and hear what was going on.

Maybe then I could find out what was going on inside. With the window open to the environments, and only having wood boards haphazardly placed there, it was fairly easy to possibly hear someone inside. maybe luck was on my side today? Even though I didn't believe in such a thing.
Adom
Adom

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 11th 2015, 10:35 pm

Now that he was inside he could.......actually he wasn't entirely sure what to do next. John supposed the best thing to do was make sure this was the headquarters of this weapons dealing operation. If it was, the cavalry could come in and shut this place down. Assuming this was the place and not just a relay point or something used as front for the main place and---

"Don't go nowhere. The boss should be out here any minute now." The doorman said in a gruff voice. He was wearing a suit with a logo on it that looked way too expensive for him to be wearing. Business must be going well for them.

"O-kay." John said in response as he looked around the parts of the building that he could see from here. There was a commotion going on in one of the back rooms. The voices were getting louder and sounding more agitated. What could be going on back there? John was beginning to worry as this could not possibly be good for him.

"What the fuck are they arguing about now?" the doorman asked, frustration and disgust were easily recognizable in his voice. The voices were becoming really clear by this point. A door came flying open and a man came flying out and fell to the ground nearly limp. John was taken aback by this and looked to see who else was coming through. A couple more men stumbled through the doorway and stood on either side of the man that was lying on the ground. Then two more people came out. A really large and muscularly built man wearing torn street clothes, and a rather petite young woman in a fancy dress.

"What's going on here?" The doorman demanded, wanting answers to what had just happened.

"What's going on is that we are sick and tired of having to remind you all who's in charge around here." The large man said, trying to sound intimidating to the others, and the others certainly looked intimidated.

"Yeah, we run this part of the city after all, and soon we'll control all of it. Oh hey, new customer. All of you, shut up and get in the back. We got business to discuss." The woman said smiling for some strange reason. John felt a bit creeped out by these two. There was something off about both of them.

"Oh hell no. We are not listening to such nonsense from outsiders." The doorman said angrily and started briskly walking towards them and raised his hands like he was ready to fight. He swung and hit the large man square in the jaw, and then pulled his hand back and began screaming in pain.

"They never learn, do they?" The petite woman said without a care in the world.

"Nope." the large man said bluntly and lifted the doorman up off his feet with just one hand and threw him up against the back wall. The doorman hit the wall and slumped to the floor, unconscious. A visible crack had formed where he had hit.

"Oh no, he broke the wall. Just as this place was starting to be in good condition." The woman said as the other two men started moving forward, only to stop and become strangely stiff. They then started walking back through the door in a strange manner that would almost be comical if it weren't for the fact that this was not a humorous situation. John was alone in a room with two metahumans and would risk exposing himself if he was forced to fight them. "Sorry about that. Now, how much of a big spender are you?" The woman asked as the man leered at him menacingly. What had he gotten himself into?

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adom May 12th 2015, 12:17 am

Listening in to what was all happening, I didn't move for fear of making any noise at all. So I didn't even look to see who was talking. All I could tell was that there were people inside, and one of them was the man I had just talked to. There was a lot of talking going on. Each second further, I had to hope that no body would see me. It was then, I could see a car driving up to the building. I hunkered down quickly, and hid my form my making myself as small as possible. As they had walked inside, the yelling had gotten worse. Even more so with more people, I was sure that my heart beat was louder than they were talking. It was then that the sound of large cracking came. And I literally jumped back and fell on my ass as the side of the building shook. A man had been slammed into the side.

Whoever was inside, was clearly powerful. The woman's voice sounded almost like bees stinging my ears. Questions were thrown, insults, and even more things where thrown around. And All I could really do was sit there and listen.

Instead, I wanted to get away from this window. They would be looking at the man who had hit the wall. Meaning any motion I made, could be seen if looked closely. I had to move. Getting down on my hands and knees, I crawled army style away from the window. Slowly as the woman asked the followed man, if he was a big spender.

He had the money alright. But how much was the question. Moving around to the corner of the house, I waited there so they couldn't see me, but I could still hear them. Within my mind, I had only one thought for the man.

Talk, or stall, or something.

There had to be something to do. And I had it. The back door was right behind me, Taking out my newly bought sword, I rapped on the window with the pommel. The first man to walk out the door, was getting an electrified fist to the face.
Adom
Adom

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 12th 2015, 5:49 pm

Being alone in a room with a pair of superpowered psychopaths was not a pleasant experience for anyone. Right now John felt vulnerable and anxious. He was hoping to avoid using his powers, so his only option was to talk his way out of this mess. Something he was not entirely sure he could do. The tiny shreds of confidence he had felt like they were slipping away as he tried to come up with a response. "Yeah, I got money. Of course I got money. You got anything to spend it on?" John asked trying to sound like he knew what he was doing. You know, like somebody working undercover would sound.

"Uh yeah. We got the best stuff available, just don't ask where we got it from." The woman said and looked around the room before suddenly speaking in a very serious manner. "Who are you anyways? How do you got enough to be sent here?"

The realization that he should have come more prepared for this set in. Perhaps he wasn't the best choice for this. "Let's just say I got connections. Connections that got me twenty grand to spend wisely. Twenty grand I'd prefer not to waste. Mind showing me what you have available?" he asked, wanting to see what they had and figure out if this was the main base of operations. The two sellers both looked a bit impressed by the amount that John said he had on him. That had to be a good sign.

"Right this way then." The man said and turned around to start walking towards where the crates were. John began to follow him when the woman spoke again.

"Wait." She spoke, very curt and loudly. She kept looking around suspiciously.

"What's up?" The man said, he had stopped moving and was watching her intently.

"Did you come alone?" She asked, her voice now extremely quiet.

"Of course. Why do you ask?" John asked, now worried. Did that guy seriously follow him all this way? Was he lurking just outside? This, this can't be good.

"Is there someone outside?" The man asked, and looked like he was ready to fight. A tapping noise came from a window near the back door. One that didn't sound all too natural.

"Does that answer your question? Get rid of them." The petite woman ordered the man and he headed over towards the back door. She then turned to John and looked at him angrily. "I'm not sure I'm a fan of yours right now. Is that a friend of yours out there or is this merely a coincidence?" she asked of him vehemently.

"I came alone, I promise." he said and was actually being truthful. He did come here all by himself after all. That was part of the mission.

"I hope you're being honest then. You seem like you could be so valuable after all." She said now strangely calm before becoming serious again to address her companion. "Anybody out there?"

"Hang on, I'm checking." The large man said after looking out the window to see nobody. He then walked over to the door and opened it to check outside. As soon as he got out the door, something hit him right in the face. The energized punch hurt him, but not enough to prevent him from not only seeing the person responsible for hitting him, but also prevent him from attacking back. The large man aimed to grab Xander's arm with one hand, and then strike him upside the head with the other. His superhuman strength would surely be effective if it worked.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adom May 13th 2015, 12:19 am

The talking continued as I had moved to the door. And as soon as the door opened, My fist slammed headlong into the man's face. Enough to buff him back, and try to reach out for me, only he was met with a sword piercing his hand to the door and my fist punching him in the throat. Seeing as how you needed it to breathe, it would hurt alot. Even swallowing would hurt. Talking damn near impossible for a short time, and causing alot of pain. I drew the sword from the man's hand, and then kicked his chest to send him sprawling backwards. Likely as the man wouldn't actually want me to "know him" I would more so act like I was the "Hero" and being a vigilante. Stopping the selling of illegal weapons and gear.

There are times when acting like a bad ass was necessary. Well, this was not one of them. Seeing as how I had knocked one man down, and was likely to have others for me, Instead of walking into an environment that I had no clue about, I slammed the door and took a few steps back. Preparing myself should someone walk out of the door once more. If they wanted to come at me, they would have to do it one at a time through the door, or maybe if they were strong enough to just smash through the wall. But I highly doubt that as the guy I just knocked down looked to be the stronger one of the people there.

Muttering to myself, Come on, come out side and play. I was looking forward to having a little bit of a fight, and maybe some fun with the new sword.
Adom
Adom

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 13th 2015, 1:31 am

As soon as the door was opened, the large man had run right into the person that was sneaking around outside. They attacked immediately and aggressively, but their attacks just wouldn't do that much damage. The man was just far too tough for what he was being hit with. He had been hurt a bit, but was otherwise fine. All that the intruder managed to accomplish was close the door to get away.

"Dammit, he got away, and closed the door on me. I was going to have some fun with him." the large man said sounding angry and disappointed.

"He's still outside, just waiting for someone to come out and fight." the woman said as she strode forward and grabbed his arm. Some thing was briefly seen touching his arm before she let go and said something to him that John didn't hear. They were planning their next attack. That guy may be in trouble, and he was facing a bit of a moral dilemma. John was torn between trying to help this guy whom he had just met, or trying to complete the mission he was undertaking. Luckily he still had some time to decide, but was not okay with himself for needing to think about it. This was going to require some conscious clearing later.

"Alright, but if anyone asks, I didn't need your help." The man said and walked back to the door and grabbed the handle.

"Tch, stubborn asshole." the woman said before turning back to John. "Alright then, for now I'll believe you're just a victim of coincidence. Let's get to shopping, shall we?" She then led John over to the storage area as the man opened the door and walked back outside.

Once outside he saw the guy still outside standing there like he wanted to fight. Not to sensible of him to remain out here when he could have ran for it. "I'll have you know, you'll have to hit harder than that to hurt me." He stated before clasping his hands together to generate a powerful shockwave that flew straight towards the man with the sword. He then charged behind the shockwave to attack him head on.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adom May 13th 2015, 7:48 am

Moments passed by as I stood there. Hearing mumbling from behind the door, I knew that they were either preparing to fight me, or just trying to get over the fact that someone else was here and fighting them. As the man who I had hit just moments earlier, I swung my sword experimentally. Letting it whistle in the air as the man spoke about making a big mistake for taking him on. Even more so with the comment of needing to take more to hit him. I smiled and was about to speak when his hands clapped together. A sonic blast launched at me. Throwing me backwards, but as a sonic blast never sends you in a straight line, more so in a blast sending you up into the air, I used my gliding powers to keep myself in the air for a time while the ugly version of Green Giant here had charged into nobody.

I allowed myself to drop as my left hand shot two electric bolts at him. Aiming for the center of his body mass. Sure the head would have been nice, but as I was one, falling, and two, had him charging me even if he was hit, I needed to not stop him cold, I needed to slow him down first. Stop him so I could get a clear shot to his head, or even better yet, have the bolts of energy overpower his heart and cause heart failure.

The same goes for you cow.

Mentioning that it will take more than that to kill me. Let alone even harm me all that much. Though, even while I said it, I noticed there was a loud ringing in my ears, and it felt like as though someone had already punched me in the forehead. A headache forming. If I wanted to survive, either I would have to deal with the blasts as much as I could, and counter, or take charge of the situation and straight up fight him in hand to hand combat. Which because of his size, was not favorable.

Careful, I don't really like hugs all that much. I mean, I feel the love, but just back up a little.
Adom
Adom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top