The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Pan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Pan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Pan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Pan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Pan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Pan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Pan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Pan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Pan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Pan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Pan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Pan 2.0 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Pan 2.0 I_vote_lcapPan 2.0 I_voting_barPan 2.0 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Pan 2.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pan 2.0 Empty Pan 2.0

Post by Ink March 5th 2015, 12:33 am

PAN
Did Pan do good?

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: PandaGirl (Publicly Recognized Title), Pan (Mostly responds to this), Pan-Pan
Title: The Ankle-Biters' Avenger, The Children's Hero
Alignment: Neutral/Good
Race: Chinese/American
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 121lbs
Blood type: A+

The Looks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Legacy

Personality:
Wendy seems to sorely lack higher mental faculties.  That or she is sorely uneducated.  She maintains a minimal degree of worldliness and a childlike innocence.  However, she operates primarily on instinct.  She is a creature of habit and experience.  She lacks any real moral core, as it were, however she knows enough to determine that she isn't fond of loss.  She does understand friendship and is saddened by the loss of any friend.  She is very dependent on those more worldly than herself in many regards, though she is perfectly capable of functioning on some level on her own.  She is able to follow instruction/direction easily enough, provided they are simple.

Pan is also quite fond of kids.  She makes friends with kids easily and is incredibly defensive of them, even to other kids.  She will protect any young friend she makes, be it from bullies, bad parenting, or everyday catastrophes.  Speaking of being defensive, while personal insults very much fly over her head, if Pan feels threatened or one of her friends is threatened, her instinctual side kicks in.  She becomes absolutely ferocious.  She uses all of her speed and strength to the effect of defending herself or others.  She is also smart enough to show restraint when her opposition likewise comes from children, and prefers to simply frighten them away, rather than do what she'll do to an adult, which usually results in aching, breaking, and possibly a little bleeding.  She also doesn't appear to want to kill anyone.

Pan is particularly attached to a little panda-themed teddy bear that she absolutely always has on her.  If she doesn't have it with her, then it's in the hands of one of her friends, whom she let hold it while she was off doing some daring deed.

Pan does have a rudimentary understanding of the English Language, and seems to recall a song from her childhood, sang in Chinese.

History:
Pan is found unconscious at the riverbed in the woods near little Shelly Lockwood's house.  Afterwards, she's brought to the house and patched up from some form of injury.  Shelly nicknames her "Pan" due to her outfit and she lets Shelly hold her teddy bear, which has her name, "Wendy Liu," on the tag.  However, before Shelly could confront her about this, Wendy disappears.

She shows up again later in the city, protecting a child at Shelly's school from an oncoming bus.  She stops the vehicle by grabbing the boy and shielding him with her own body, denting the hood.  Eventually word of her starts spreading around and she's romanticizes as some sort of "Children's Hero."  She's soon found again by Shelly and a couple of friend who set up a place for her to stay.

During a recent character event, Pan befriended the embodiment of the Good and Evil portion of the "Neutral Force," the Eclipser.  The wandering spirit, in need of a host, found its place in Pan's teddy bear, making it into a sentient anchor through which Pan can access the Neutral Force, herself.  However, having since been bound to the Neutral Force means that Pan's actions are sometimes impacted by this.  Pan is inherently neutral.  She cares nothing of the troubles in the outside world.  She just wants to go about her life and make friends, play, and the like.  However, the neutral force can compel her to take on a persona that is more overtly good or evil (which is usually little more than a feral juggernaut, given her limited intelligence), depending on where it senses the balance of the two presently falls.  Generally the scale remains close enough to the center that this doesn't occur.  However, it has happened before.

The Eclipser is a part of the Neutral Force, which was an order of transcendent entities that once tried to maintain a balance that would prevent mortal beings from wiping themselves out.  However, the Neutral Force was, itself, flawed, believing that all things were quantifiable.  This allowed them to be manipulated by Chaos, of the Chaos and Order binary.  Chaos eventually executed it and his brother's neutral force conduit, Paradox, and plunged the Neutral Force into open conflict until only Chaos and the Neutral Force entities were left.  The Neutral Force entities, weakened, were defeated.  The Eclipser, however, too Good and Evil and fled to the mortal plane.  Without a body of its own, it sought out a host, eventually finding several but finally ending up with Pan during the arc "Battle for Balance."

Good and Evil are, frankly, obnoxious entities that frequently bicker.  It is the job of a neutral force conduit to mediate between them.  Once upon a time the Eclipser's duty was to weigh the actions of the world, itself, alongside good and evil, and judge whether the actions of those around them were more in line with one or the other by hearing the arguments of the entities, themselves.  While the scale is never truly entirely balanced, should either side fall beneath a mark on the scale, it is a bad sign.  Without their previous nigh omnipresent sight of mortal beings, however, they have been forced to instead make one individual the representative for all.  That representative is none other than Pan.  Should the scale tip too far in one direction, the opposing Neutral Force entity gains control over the host body until the scale once again balances.  Thus Good always attempts to argue that the actions of the host are malicious while Evil argues that the actions of the host were self righteous.  In other words: they want out. Good wants to help cure the world, while evil wants to make it... more interesting.

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers

Power 1: Supernatural Condition
Wendy's biology is significantly augmented.  She is remarkably resilient and superhumanly strong, as well as agile and capable of jumping over extraordinary distances.  She's strong enough to lift large construction vehicles and resilient enough to tank standard explosions.  She resists contaminants and illness, as well.

Power 2: Supernatural Senses
Wendy's senses are supernaturally acute.  She can hear, smell, and see over incredible range with optimal clarity/potency.  She also possesses a limited danger sense.

Power 3: Neutral Force Good
Yin Pan can access the Light Side of the Neutral Force powers, albeit in extremely limited fashion, which includes the summoning of Holy Rays.  These are pillars of white light from the sky that can look like anything from a simple ray of sunshine to an orbital laser strike, depending on its intent.  They can be used to heal or harm those graced or struck by them.  They will not heal or harm anyone touched by these rays if the ray was not meant for them.  Meaning a person can't just push/pull someone into their path.

Power 4: Neutral Force Evil
Yang Pan can access the Dark Side of the Neutral Force.  This allows her to manipulate "The Shade," which is really just a supernatural shadow.  It can be made tangible to the effect of dark energy attacks (mainly bursts, shockwaves,  or, in its intangible form, it can be used to unnerve people and induce fear, provided the target's will isn't strong enough to withstand it.

Weakness(es)

Weakness 1: Supernatural Condition
Pan has near perfect control over her strength.  However, this control tends to get lost as she progressively gets angrier.  Furthermore, Pan is resilient, but not invulnerable.  Those as strong as she is can bring her harm.  She is also more vulnerable to magical assaults and is very susceptible to psychic assaults.  She is also still susceptible to airborne drugs, such as knockout gas.  It simply requires a much larger quantity than a normal human being (roughly 10x).

Weakness 2: Supernatural Senses
Pan's literal "Danger Sense" does not apply to her.  It isn't a "Spidey Sense".  It alerts her whenever someone ELSE nearby is in danger.  She relies own her regular senses to alert her to danger.  As for the rest, her senses of hearing and smell are particularly acute, which can be a drawback in the cases of incredibly potent odors or loud sounds.

Weakness 3: Limited Intellect
As previous stated... Pan isn't very bright.  She relies on the guidance of her clever young friend, Shelly, or on the instruction of the spirit possessing her teddy bear.  Beyond that, everything she does is instinct driven.

Weakness 4: Neutral Force Limitations
Pan can't access any of her Neutral Force abilities (or become possessed by the Neutral Force) if she isn't within a fifty foot radius of her teddy bear.  While she is in range, however, they have individual drawbacks of their own.
-The effects of Holy Light will not affect any target they were not originally intended for.  They can also only be brought down one at a time.  Also, the healing effects?  Yeah, those don't work on Pan, herself.  Only others.
-The effects of The Shade are the exact opposite.  They're virtually impossible to really aim.  They're messy, violent attacks that rip apart everything in their way or shroud anyone nearby in their net of fear.

RP Mechanics

Yin Pan:
Better known as "The Pan that proactively goes out superhero-ing".  When the Neutral Force overcomes Pan on the side of light, she becomes Yin.  As Yin, she isn't as strong as she is regularly.  However, she is more resilient, capable of more complex thought, and is slightly more resistant (though still vulnerable) to magic, psi-attacks, and being drugged.  (In RPG Terms: She becomes a Wall)

Yang Pan:
"You make Pan mad! Pan make you dead!"  If ever there was a perfect example of an explosive temper tantrum, here it is.  As Yang, Pan is several times as strong and is faster, but is half as resilient, even more feral than when she's regularly pissed off, and is far more susceptible to drugs, magic assaults, and psi-attacks. (RPG Terms: Glass Cannon/Sweeper)

Items/Minions

Eclipser
Power(s): The spirit that possesses and empowers Pan's teddy bear, the Eclipser is what binds Pan to the Neutral Force.  It is essentially indestructible.

Weakness(es): For all the power it boasts, the Eclipser possesses an inanimate object.  It can't move on its own or actively do anything whilst in this form and it has no alternative to this form.  Aside from talking, it is essentially useless without a Neutral Force conduit (like Pan) to access its power.

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)

Normal Pan:
1 Strength
2 Endurance
3 Agility
4 Reaction

Yin Pan:
1 Endurance
2 Agility
3 Reaction
4 Strength

Yang Pan:
1 Strength
2 Agility
3 Reaction
4 Endurance

Last edited by Ink on May 17th 2015, 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ink
Ink
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Here I Come, To Save The Daaay!"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 127
Job : Comic Book Writer, Web Video Producer, College Student
Registration date : 2014-03-22

http://www.thatruled.com

Back to top Go down

Pan 2.0 Empty Re: Pan 2.0

Post by Forceaus March 5th 2015, 1:56 am

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 17th 2015, 10:15 pm

Unapproved upon request

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 17th 2015, 10:51 pm

Reapproved

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum