The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
Marcus Soul: the revamp I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Marcus Soul: the revamp I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
Marcus Soul: the revamp I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Marcus Soul: the revamp I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
Marcus Soul: the revamp I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
Marcus Soul: the revamp I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Marcus Soul: the revamp I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Marcus Soul: the revamp I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Marcus Soul: the revamp I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
Marcus Soul: the revamp I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
Marcus Soul: the revamp I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
Marcus Soul: the revamp I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Marcus Soul: the revamp

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marcus Soul: the revamp Empty Marcus Soul: the revamp

Post by Shadowoof February 24th 2015, 7:42 am

Marcus Soul
"Life is tough. Sometimes... you just gotta deal with it."

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: shadow. Revenant.
Title: The Chicago Shadow
Alignment: CN
Race: demon
Hair: brown
Eyes: Green/blue
Height: 6'3
Weight: 165 lbs
Blood type: O-/ demon

The Looks

Either include pictures in Spoilers, a smaller picture/s for the profile, or a very detailed description of your characters physical appearance and costume.

Shadow:

In addition, Marcus also carry's a Snake like tattoo, the tail curled along his right shoulder blade with the tip at his spine and the body moving around his arm, ending with the mouth opening at the end of his top wrist where five white fangs erupt to each of his knuckles. It's eyes slightly glow a red like color in the light. and the body around his arm along with the tail that ends at his back is pure black.

The Legacy

Personality: Marcus is in the most part, insane yet his insanity is only shown in fights and out of them he is a quiet person who keeps to himself but breaks that in search of people he can call friends. He can be unserious in a serious situation and also very serious and can also be hard-headed and arrogant but tends to always try to help people who he thinks is good, even if they think the opposite. But lately senice the true realization that he is plain and simple a madman, split in personality and alone. Hes been rather quiet and more heroic. Trying to be better then he once was.

History: Theirs not much that can be said about Marcus's history prior to his death. He was a somewhat lazy kid who thought he had it all planned out, tried to take the pain for everyone else and with a hard house life he was in stages of depression early on. Friends kept him cheerful but always Marcus wanted to do more then what he could now and that was when the situation arose. He was in the local shop, doing his usual, getting the groceries when all of a sudden a man with a gun tried robbing the store, ordering everyone on the ground. At first, Marcus was afraid until he started threatening a woman and in a quick movement he done the most stupid thing in his life. It was only seconds after the gunshot that Marcus realized the coldness was over coming. His vision going dark with his limp body till finally black enclosed and he had died. It was amazing, death, quick, painful yet painless, and cold. A feeling that was none the less scary but that was when he met the demon that would forever change his life. The demon who called itself Dark spoke of deals, offering one to Marcus. If he traded his soul he could return him to the living. At first Marcus was skeptical of the demons true intentions but the selfishness to return to the living over came
and soon enough Marcus agreed to the deal.

In what seemed like seconds, Marcus found himself gasping for breath in an enclosed space before soon enough turning into a shadow one that moved past the wood, though the earth till reforming on top of his grave. Marcus almost cried in victory that was short lived when a voice spoke in his head, showed him images, played tricks that made Marcus scream in pain but willfully he fought back till a third voice joined the choir, fighting with the second voice that was obviously confused by the presence of this voice till in a fit of rage and strength, Marcus silenced the two and strangled them till they were no more before once again blacking out. It was during this time, the kid had managed to mentally kill a primordial darkness demon and the inner spirit of a hell-spawn Revanant that had laid dormant withen his family's souls. And while he slept he stole their powers, their memory's but it was too much for the seemingly still human body and in an effort to save itself the mind broke into three pieces. Marcus, Dark and J. When Marcus awoke he didn't remembered what had happened after he exited the grave nor did the voices and while they did what they thought they should do Marcus quieted them and began walking, afraid if he ever went home he could kill people.

Forward a couple of years, Marcus had gotten use to the powers that Dark gave, not yet aware of his revanant heritage, he proceeded to seat himself in the city of Chicago where  he had met a man who he would never forget. Lucius doe at the time he was known as Red to Marcus who had taken the name Shadow, feeling he was indeed a Shadow of his former self. From their he spent countless months protecting Chicago from villains, naked plant lady and giants. All so many giants until one day he met the Beautiful Angel of fire, it was this time that his Revanant powers had coursed though and he gained a mix of their ability's but it came with an awakening. The third personality J weak yet strong enough in influence Marcus to a weakness where his mind was ripped apart and pieced together, destroying what was the first personality and leaving two demon like ones in the body. For a time, J enjoyed his control by murdering the people Marcus had sworn to protect, also taking the name Shadow to further insult the man that was before.

But the pointless murder had even made Dark queasy and in time fragments of Marcus returned till another chance meeting with the angel of fire gave Marcus the strength to take his body back at a cost. Over the years, marcus had become friends with the voice of Dark and to take his body was to kill off all weakness, fear and accept who he was. He was a demon of fire and darkness, primordial and revanant. And so, Dark was eradicated, burnt away but his memory's remained. Now, Shadow spends his days trying to recover lost honor, say his sorry to does he wronged and be the man he had always wanted to be. Well at least a man that was still in depression and clinically crazy.

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)

Power 1: demonic shadow manipulation: Marcus, stolen the powers of a primordial Darkness demon now has control over the shadows that surround him. Able to form them into constucts and tendrils with force that he has still yet to master.

Power 2: shadow regeneration:  A counter measure that remained, meant to keep the host of the darkness alive, Marcus has a regeneration that is inhuman, Able to regenerate wounds in matters of seconds and minutes as long as he can cover them in shadows.

Power 3: shadow meld: Marcus took this ability from Darks old form, an incorporeal being, he is now able to turn into a literal Shadow, avoiding any physical and ability that touches him during this form.  (one post/two cool down)

Power 4: Pure darkness: Because Marcus has so much power inside him, it leaks out like a black mist, one that Marcus can incorporate like his own shadow.

Power 5: Shadow teleport: Brought from his Revanant power's, its a mix of Darks and J's power combined, creating a shadow like teleport.(Brought) (1 post/two cool down)

Power6: Hellfire manipulation: The main feature of the hell spawn Revanants, Marcus is able to use the hellfire's which he can raise from his own body or the ground beside him. (Brought)

Power7: Body of a revanant: His body, now becoming more demon has taken the features of a Revanants Armour, while weaker then what the Armour would be, it has harden his skin enough to where bullets bounce off. (Brought)

Weakness 1: Demonic shadow manipulation: A drawback from stealing this power, Holy magic tends to harm Marcus far more then normal.

Weakness 2: Holy Magic: His regeneration is greatly slowed when in contact with holy magic. His shadow meld will stop when affected with holy magic. being unusable. The leakage not only stops when affected by holy magic but can also reveal Marcus if not controlled.

Weakness 3: Marcus isn't very strong nor fast but he is durable and has very good reflexes

Weakness 4: His shadow meld is unable to move though anything organic including insects

Weakness 5: Hellfire: The fires of hell burn hot but water extinguishes it like any other flame.

Weakness 6: Deals: Being part of a primordial demon, one  that liked to make deals. Marcus in any state will take deals into consideration if made to him, distracting or getting him to stop something imminently.

Weakness 7: confused: Marcus can get very easily confused by complex situations.

Weakness 8: Wants a leader: Marcus also doesn't like to go at things alone and would rather be led then do the leading. Leading him to often look to others if their plan is acceptable.

Weakness 9: Silver now not only burns and brings great pain to where it injures but also negates the regenerative factor for a small time.

RP Mechanic(s): Memory's of another: With Darks leaving, the personality destroyed the memory's have been flooded into Marcus but also blacked out. Causing Marcus to know a little of the realm known as 'hell' (Rp reason he may know demonic chars. Not very well but a little like names or faces. (Permission based for names and if needed, faces.)

No pain no gain. Countless years of constant mental and physical pain, Marcus doesn't tend to feel pain such as breaks or burns to cuts. Which can make him unaware of injuries and how bad they have gotten.  

Items/Minions

The Right hand Five fanged Snake/ The Assassin blade of the Hell Revenants:
What it looks like I guess:

When summoning the blade, the eyes of the snake glow brighter no matter what the light is and the blade appears in his hand, if destroyed or damaged, the blade will simply break into many pieces like glass when Marcus allows it to, to which the tattoo's eyes will not glow till the magical dagger is repaired. (Next thread and such.) Item Power(s): Magical in Nature, the dagger is the tool of the assassin, it is tough and strong, Sharp enough to cut though some of the Hardest skin's, hide and scales with the ability to slow down the Regeneration powers of those he cut's. But only in the area which he wounds with the blade. The blade can actually stop regeneration all together for a short time as well. (permission based).

Weakness: Whitest Magic in nature, the weapon is easily broken by magic based attacks and weapons and Armor that are constructed from magic.

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
Agility-3
Endurance-1
Reaction-2
Strength-4

Last edited by Shadowoof on June 7th 2016, 4:40 am; edited 11 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1508
Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Marcus Soul: the revamp Empty Re: Marcus Soul: the revamp

Post by Odien February 24th 2015, 10:47 am

Approved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : [20:06:47] * Odien has sex with Mike [20:07:20] Zell : So did his half brother, don't get excited about it Odien lol

Number of posts : 412
Location : [17:31:53] @ Forceaus : Not killing the innocent is part of being a hero to begin with
Humor : [19:30:11 19/01/15] @ Bliss : It's like holding someone's head underwater and forgetting they aren't a fish
Registration date : 2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor February 27th 2015, 8:51 pm

Unapproved for character advancement.

REMEMBER TO COMMENT EVERYTHING YOU'RE CHANGING/ADDING!!!

Marcus Soul: the revamp The_do10
The Doctor
The Doctor
A Drunk Homosexual

Number of posts : 162
Job : I'm a Doctor
Humor : "People remember me for being the creature with the child armor...I regret nothing."
Registration date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof February 27th 2015, 9:54 pm

Added both shadow teleport and hellfire with appropriate weaknesses and changed a weakness for the shadow manipulation while adding a personal weakness.

The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard February 27th 2015, 10:18 pm

Weakness 1: Demonic Shadow Manipulation <--- The weakness for this seems very halfassed and situational.

Weaknesses 2, 3, and 4 are all essentially weakness to Holy Magic, meaning it is one weakness. Combine the listed weaknesses to look like this:

Weakness 2: Holy Magic: His regeneration is greatly slowed when in contact with holy magic. His shadow meld will stop when affected with holy magic. being unusable. The leakage not only stops when affected by holy magic but can also reveal Marcus if not controlled.

So, that means you only have 2 weaknesses.

As your character has no mention of this, I assume he is only of human durability, endurance, and reflexes.

This means a third weakness would be that he is fragile without his powers, and he relies on them.

Light MAGIC not sunlight should be a weakness if he is hit by it. His powers can be unaffected by the power, but the character himself should be hurt/harmed by any "good/light" arcane magic.

He cannot move through organic objects such as people or animals or even insects.

The Pure Darkness is an RP mechanic.

-My DeviantArt-
Marcus Soul: the revamp JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof February 27th 2015, 10:52 pm

Changed weakness to what I've been told and added some more personality flaw weaknesses

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus February 27th 2015, 11:09 pm

Approved for new system

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha May 16th 2015, 3:43 am

reapproved

Marcus Soul: the revamp CjhXQha
Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds August 23rd 2015, 2:02 am

Unapproved for edits to weaknesses
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 1031
Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss August 23rd 2015, 6:08 pm

Approved

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

Marcus Soul: the revamp D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof October 13th 2015, 8:13 am

Updated history for past events and greater detailed origin story. Fixed weight issues and redid the descriptions of some powers to make greater sense with history and to well make more sense. Added New Rp mechanic as well.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana August 8th 2017, 11:33 am

Retired
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top