The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Future Shock (Vanguard) I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2024, 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Future Shock (Vanguard) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Future Shock (Vanguard) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Future Shock (Vanguard) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Future Shock (Vanguard) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Future Shock (Vanguard) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Future Shock (Vanguard) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Future Shock (Vanguard) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Future Shock (Vanguard) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Future Shock (Vanguard) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Future Shock (Vanguard) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Future Shock (Vanguard) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Future Shock (Vanguard) I_vote_lcapFuture Shock (Vanguard) I_voting_barFuture Shock (Vanguard) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Future Shock (Vanguard)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Future Shock (Vanguard) Empty Future Shock (Vanguard)

Post by brucewayne10 February 8th 2015, 6:05 pm

As Samaritan stood in the shambling corpse of Manhattan, he could help but feel the full spectrum of emotions. He was angry, he wasn't there to protect his city, he was sad for all of the senseless violence and lives lost, he was scared for the life of his daughter who he hoped was still alive even today. All of these emotions where rather overwhelming to the young Charles.

'I'm sorry Charlie, It's just...this was my city, it was a sprawling Metropolis, and I loved it so.' Samaritan began to speak to Charles within his head.

'I-It's ok, Walt...I, um, I get it. What happened in New York was scary...I watched it on the news with my mom, and she started crying. I can't imagine what it's like to be you right now...well, I mean I am you right now, but I'm not-er...Sorry.' Charles spoke to Samaritan telepathically, as he turned his head to look around at the city rebuilding itself from nothing.

'Heh, You're a good kid, Charlie. I'm sorry you have to see this...' Charles in Samaritan form began to fly up and get a good look at the city. Charlie really wanted to help out in some way, and with these powers there had to be something he could do.

Charlie had taken Samaritan to see New York several times over the past month, at first due to his insistence, but now mainly to try to help him cope with that. He was worried about Walter's daughter almost as much as Walt did, and he wasn't sure if it was because of their bond or not. So, part of Samaritan visiting New York was to help out where he could, but Charlie also had plans to try and find Anne, who Charlie had begun to call Anna, Walt's nickname for his daughter.

Though they had been together for almost a year now, he was still relatively new to this hero thing and Walter felt like his old style of justice may not work the same way in today's times, so this left Charlie at something of an odd place.

As he flew around Manhattan, he watched as people were putting their homes back together, and were rebuilding their little restaurants that made up their livelihood. He figured he'd help out anyway he could and flew down to try and help out.

"Hi, I-er, I'm here to help." Charlie put his fists on his waist trying to look more heroic, and tried speaking with a more "adult" tone, so he could sound brave, and sound like he knew what he was doing. Unfortunately, neither Charlie nor Walter expected the reaction they got.

"Get the hell away from us! This is all your fault! You fly around in your stupid capes thinking you own the world, but you never once stop to think about what happens to the little guy. What happens to the people who can't throw cars, or shoot lasers from their eyes!"

"I just thought-"

"No! That's your problem, you don't think! None of you ever do!"

Charlie was so confused, and embarrassed, he wasn't really sure what to do, so he backed off flying away from the scene, unsure of himself...
brucewayne10
brucewayne10

Quote : "Virtus"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 17
Humor : What is that?
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Back to top Go down

Future Shock (Vanguard) Empty Re: Future Shock (Vanguard)

Post by The Bolt February 9th 2015, 1:45 am

Manhattan was one of the sections of New York that had taken the longest to rebuild after the horrible attack upon it, perhaps that had been the intention of the mad man Necrodium but no one could know really. The city was a turning point, a true reason to fear metahumans and all of their kind, despite his internal insistence even Colin feared them. Despite the suits great power, it was only borrowed power and without it he was as weak as any human facing down a metahuman. Still, even with fear within his heart, Vanguard knew more than anything that metahumans were people much like him, he did not want to hate them. That would require hating the very person that had given him this power, as borrowed as it might have been. His reason for being in new York was not for a learning experience, but to help out a friend of his.

Travis Masters had been busier than ever these days, which meant that he needed more help than ever, and Colin was the person that he looked to strangely enough. This time he needed him to overlook some legal things involving the latest branch of Masters Pharmaceuticals in New York of all places, considering that he was still trying to help rebuild this damaged portion. This time however, Colin had decided to bring his suit with him in case something like LA ever happened, as Travis was almost frantic with worry. Honestly, Colin had expected him to think the guy to death or something, an unnerving time for everyone. Still, he had time before any sort of business, so he would be using that time to walk through the still ruined Manhattan. He was not much of a threat, so not like he would have to worry about anything.

People were working upon rebuilding city, as they usually did but how long it would take until the work was finished. Considering how cold the day was, Colin chose to dress warmly, in khaki pants, a simple t-shirt and a slightly thick jacket over that. A soft vibration flowed through his right pocket, his phone if he remembered correctly, removing it from his pocket and pressing it against his ear. Travis' voice was the one to flow through it, always having a sort of whimsical and endearing quality to it. ”Trip to New York go alright?”

”It went fine, got a little airsick but I can get over it.” He admitted with a small smile, obviously unnoticed through vocal communication. His conversation would continue while Colin walked, catching what looked like someone flying through the air out of the corner of his vision. A man adorned in red, likely some manner of metahuman that appeared with the intent to help, but a rebuttal from some people was more than enough to cause them to recoil. He would have been lying to say that he did not feel for the guy, even though metahumans were sort of something to fear, still people and whatnot. ”Listen, i'm gonna let you go.” he spoke into the phone before following after him.

”Yo!” he would say, waving a single arm and hoping to get the superhumans attention, a small smirk playing along their features. ”Don't let those guys get ya down. They're just understandably sore about the destruction of the city.” He offered a friendly smile, hoping he had gotten his attention.
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 1262
Humor : [19:51:49] Samify : Sean gave and I recieved many things
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by brucewayne10 February 9th 2015, 9:51 pm

Flying usually helped cleared Charlie's mind, but this time was very different. The angry people left Charles feeling distraught. All he ever wanted to do was help people, and usually people would be glad he was there.  On Walter's End, he had no idea things had gotten this bad, it used to be he was the most welcome sight in Manhattan. People would insist on him staying over for dinner for Christ sakes. To add unto that, Charlie, this poor kid, was just subjected to that first hand, and all he wanted to do was lend a hand.

"It's alright, Kiddo. They just need some time, don't let what they said get to you." Walt spoke with a calm, fatherly voice, one he had used to speak with his daughter many ago, when she thought she had did something wrong.

As they flew, they almost missed something...someone calling out to them. Samaritan stopped immediately, his sash flying over his face.

"Why do I keep doing that!?" Charlie thought to himself.

Samaritan moved the cape-like sash off his head, flying down towards the man. He was saying the same things Walt was, but it was a bit different. This guy seemed to be  just a normal guy, no superpowers or anything. Of course, Walt knew that didn't mean anything, Charlie wasn't quick to assume anything of the like.

"H-Hello sir, I-Thank you for your kind words." A bright smile coming to Samaritans face.

While Walt wanted to be weary near the stranger, Charlie had come to trust him rather quickly. He had a charm that, for some reason, reminded him of his older sister. Strange, considering it was a guy, but either way Charles felt like he was safe at least talking to the person.

"Are you sure you're safe out here? I mean I think it's kind of dangerous to just be walking around by yourself." Charles' first concern was making sure this guy was safe, I mean he was really nice and all, and Charlie didn't want to make him think he was  bad guy, like the other people thought.

Samaritan stood with something of a relaxed stance, Charlie letting his guard down a bit. Walter wasn't sure what to make of the gentleman, he wanted to trust Charlie's feeling but he had learned that people tend to take advantage of blind trust, and with everything being so different than he remembered he could never be too sure.

"I know you know what you're doing, but be careful buddy." Walt spoke with the same fatherly tone, but in the instance of where he felt protective over his daughter.
brucewayne10
brucewayne10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt February 10th 2015, 5:57 am

You could call Colin a sap, but he couldn't let someone float away thinking they were some kind of monster. The genial smile would remain upon his face as he saw the superhero turn towards him, hand buried into his pockets while he waited for some kind of response. Maybe he had been expecting them to snap at him, hurt by the thing that the others had said, but they thanked him for his kind words, granted they were kind. The guy could likely see that he was normal, by either his walking towards him or something else likely.

It was the bright smile that they shot at him that almost reflexively caused his own smile to widen. So far they seemed nice, enough so that Colin would not worry about them suddenly smashing him, ”Its a hard day for heroes these days.” he stated with an almost understanding tone, nodding his head and looking down at a scuff mark on his shoe, before turning that attention back up to Samaritan. His brothers had been dealing with that, it was him that heard the complaints about such treatment. Colin felt for them, and so he naturally felt bad for this guy.

”I wouldn't say i'm in any danger. With heroes like you around, I shouldn't have to worry too much.” Compliments always seemed to work, no matter who the person was. ”I just wanted to see New York for myself, and I had a reason to be here. So I thought....” Colin shrugged, with an almost friendly smirk. ”why not?”
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by brucewayne10 February 10th 2015, 8:59 pm

While Walter was initially hesitant about the fellow, the longer they spoke, he let down his personal guards a bit. Charlie on the other hand was just really happy to come in contact with someone who didn't hate him, or his presence. He seemed to understand their plight fairly well, and didn't seem to hold any content towards the super-powered community. While he hadn't been in this new world very long, Walt felt like that had really been lost upon the youth, and was something he sort of missed.

He seemed to know what he was doing in New York, and had a particular reason for being here. He actually seemed to find them being there to add a degree of safety, which was something Charlie hoped he could actually do. It gave him a great deal of pleasure to know that there actually are people out there who still need heroes.

Samaritan could barely contain his excitement and pulled Colin in for a light hug.

"Charlie! Don't hurt the kid." Walt shouted within Samaritans mind.

Samaritan quickly dropped Colin, releasing his arms. "Oh Geez! I-ugh sorry, mister! I didn't hurt you did I!?" He backed off a bit, not wanting to do anymore damage.

"I'm, uh, sorry, I've been out of it for a long time. I'm getting used to my strength again..." Samaritan rubbed the back of his neck, nervously.

"Right?" "Right."

He levitated up a bit, trying to put some distance between them, and not freak out poor Colin who was being really nice, and really cool and...Charlie really hoped he hadn't just blew it again a second time.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Future Shock (Vanguard) Tumblr_ndsig5bESl1r1vtxoo4_250
brucewayne10
brucewayne10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt February 11th 2015, 4:48 pm

It was rare for one to get random hugs, but this seemed to be one of those rare instances, as Colin found himself being pulled into the hug with perhaps more force than the male had intended. Luckily it wasn't enough to do anything, beyond squeezing the air out of him, and causing an involuntary oof sound. Upon being dropped, Colin rubbed his back softly and took notice of the guys almost apologetic nature. ”I'm fine. I'm used to the back breaking hugs.” He wasn't lying either, considering the whole super strong sibling and their love for hugs. Didn't make them hurt any less, but he wasn't going to freak out.

Making a show of how he wasn't harmed, he gave a sort of “look” gesture, and considering he was still standing, that meant there was no sort of spinal damage. Despite the assurance, he felt as if there was a sort of invisible rift generated between that accidental whatever, not that Colin could blame him. True, when his brothers powers manifested he had broken his arm, but that was years ago, no need to be bitter now. Wait....did this guy just call him mister? Not that he would complain, but he was likely nearly twice Colin's age, if anything he should be calling him mister. Sort of made him feel old, not that he was ever the type to complain about that.

”But if you're really sorry, maybe you could make it up to me by showing me around the city? I'm sort of new, and you never know what sort of dastardly criminals might be lurking.” He said so with an award winning smile, burying his hands into his pockets. ”Sound good?”
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by brucewayne10 February 12th 2015, 9:31 pm

Samaritan was so ready to fly away and never look back, but too his surprise the man had yet to run away in fear. Instead, he stood there, insisting he was fine, much to Charlie's amazement. He had pointed out how fine he was with a gesture, and Samaritan slowly descended towards the ground. He really didn't know what came over him, Charlie wasn't a big hugger, and Walt certainly wasn't. He just felt compelled to show gratification for the first friendly face he'd seen for a while. Unsure of what would happen next, he planted his feet firmly on the ground and gave the man an embarrassed smile.

"Are y-you sure? Heh, I, uh, don't know my strength. Sorry to come at you like that." Samaritan brushed his hair aside.

Then the gentleman proposed something he wasn't expecting. He wanted him to show him around the city. His face lit up, and his posture changed to one of an excited man, as he unintentionally flew up a bit.

"Really? Yeah, Sure!" Soon after Samaritan said that, he realized...he didn't know Manhattan. This had only been his second or third time there, and he was listening to directions from Walt. What could he do now, though? He just blurted out that he would, like a spaz. He figured he could probably wing it based on Walt's instructions, and the stuff he learned in class....
Class, oh no!

Charlie just remembered he had to be back in school in a few hours, this was only supposed to be a detour to try to help out, if they could. He really did himself in this time.

Samaritan extended a hand out towards Colin, and bright smile on his face.

"I mean we could walk, but I thought you might prefer a different view..."

He had to get creative.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
brucewayne10
brucewayne10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt February 13th 2015, 4:04 am

”It happens.” He waved off the potential issue with the same smile, if only to keep up the whole kind cover, no that he wasn't kind in his own right. It was the response to him asking for a tour that gave Colin a sort of elation, causing his heart to soar somewhat. ”You really mean it?” He found himself asking, voice somewhat hesitant while he considering the hand outstretched to him. There was some skepticism within him, but not enough to make him pull his hand back from a potential issue.

”Sounds good to me.” He would say after a few seconds of pause, looking the hero over for a moment as if silently calculating all that could go wrong. Shakily, he extended a hand towards the one outstretched towards him, grasping onto the infinitely stronger hand and realizing within that moment his life would be within the hands of a being that could break him so easily. Now it was all up to them really.
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by brucewayne10 February 19th 2015, 10:16 pm

As Colin places his hand on Samaritan's, Walter could immediately tell he was hesitant. He'd seen that face on hundred of people who needed to be carried by him. Even his own wife was hesitant when he first offered her a chance to fly with him. Going back to his early life, even HE wasn't to keen on flying at first, but, like everyone, he realized that the freedom of flight is something...liberating.

"Hey, Charlie! You mind saying something to our new friend for me?"

"Huh? Oh yeah...sure."

Samaritan gave Colin an attempt at a reassuring smile as he lifted him with his one hand onto his back, wrapping the arm he held around his neck.

"Um, Hey buddy. I just want you to know, you're in complete control here. If you want to slow down, or even stop, just say the word and I should be able to hear it, hehe, sorry a bit of flying humor. Seriously though, just give me the word and hold on tight,ok? At a safe speed, you should be able to even let go and just...enjoy it."

He began to gently lift off the ground.

"Oh, and I swear, I won't let anything happen to you. No matter what, I'm going to get you back on the ground nice, and safe, I give you my word."

Before Colin could rethink his choice, Samaritan began to lift higher and higher, climbing the dilapidated skyscrapers. Soon they had ascended about the skyline of city overlooking a good part of Manhattan. Charles made sure to keep a good hold on Colin while he slowly spun around.

"This is New York, my friend, take a good look at it."
"This is New York, my friend, take a good look at it."

brucewayne10
brucewayne10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt February 21st 2015, 7:08 am

Colin was lifted onto the strongmans back, though he was more than aware that he would need to hold on to keep from falling off once the flying began. With an arm wrapped around the males neck, he felt like he was secure in some manner. ”I'll hold on for now.” Colin noted with a small chuckle, as the male would lift off from the ground, seemingly preparing to fly off into the sky however fast he was capable of going. Having their word was nice though, even if he wasn't sure that the guy could keep that word.

Before he could say anything else, both would ascend into the sky, past the skyscrapers and towards the clouds. He didn't need to think about it to tighten his grip somewhat, avoiding any sort of chance that he would fall off. ”It looks....awesome.” Awe filled his tone, saturating it as Colin looked over the city that had been spanned out before him. ”This is...much better than I thought it would be.” He hadn't been expecting to be lifted into the sky, but then again things did change.
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by brucewayne10 March 3rd 2015, 10:43 pm

Charlie had made extra sure not to add any of the flourishes that had become natural to him during flight. The occasional spin may have let itself through, but only as a force of habit. He had been enjoying himself so much, he had forgotten that he had to be back in his room in an hour. As soon as the realization hit him, he slowed down, making sure not to halt instantly almost forgetting he had someone on his back. He was so glad he had made a friend in the city, but circumstances had forced him to have to go back to his school. He now had to figure out how to say goodbye to his friend, without seeming weird.

"Er, sorry for stopping. I just realized, I-need to get home...to my wife...She needs me."

"Your what now?"

"Shh, I'm thinking!"

"Listen, how about I fly you to where you had wanted to go? I apologize for the abruptness, but I really do need to go."

Samaritan let out a half smile, actually quite disappointed at the turn of events.

"Oh Hey! But how about we meet up some other time? All you need to do is shout my name and I'll be there!"

"You realize it doesn't work the same way for him, son?"

"I know, but we happen to have really good hearing remember?"

"What happens if he calls out for you while you're yourself?"

"I...didn't think of that."

He floated there for a second, before snapping back.

"Right, we'll need to work on signal then..."

Walter mentally sighed, as the child spoke with his voice. It actually amused a bit, if it wasn't so absurd.

brucewayne10
brucewayne10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top