The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Best Party in New York
Tuesday in New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:44 pm by Fae7

» Kade
Tuesday in New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:57 pm by inquisitor

» [ALERT Side-Story] Home Is Where The (Undying) Heart Is [Invites Closed]
Tuesday in New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:06 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Tuesday in New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:44 am by Tybrid

» The VVitch
Tuesday in New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2024, 10:23 pm by Demonhunter

» Urban Exploration
Tuesday in New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2024, 5:11 pm by ProwlerKnight

» Stans in Umbra Mortis
Tuesday in New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2024, 4:54 am by Arcana

» Hell and Consequences [Alert]
Tuesday in New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2024, 3:24 pm by Hyperion

» Assassin in a Classroom
Tuesday in New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2024, 12:36 am by Tybrid

» Paint the Town Red
Tuesday in New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2024, 10:14 pm by Tybrid

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Tuesday in New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2024, 5:08 pm by ghost

» Green Ranger
Tuesday in New Jersey - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2024, 2:17 am by Arcana

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Tuesday in New Jersey

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tuesday in New Jersey - Page 2 Empty Re: Tuesday in New Jersey

Post by The Nekromonga January 19th 2015, 10:56 pm

"My son, you do not half of the things I believe in. I'm not entirely sure where you are from, but this world is a smorgasbord of beings. We have children of the supernatural, children of science, or children with a quirk of genetics... we call them metahumans, as you must've have witnessed Shauna's power." Earlman started to explain, calmly leading them to the reliquary in the back.

Walking past simple statues and holy symbols, Earlman led them to a thick tome bound in black leather. It stood out amongst the holy relics, a golden pentagram imprinted on the cover.

"And speaking of the devil... Let's say I've had run ins with the infernal lately. Shauna is firepower, but she cannot perceive the unnatural." He opened the tome to a page showing pentagrams and a horned goat being, standing atop a large cauldron, stirring it. Small winged beings emerging from the cauldron.

"It's all squiggly. Ugh..." Shauna remarked, taking a peek at the book but feeling slightly nauseous when she did. It was written in the infernal tongue.

"You don't have the training or the spirit to handle the occult, Shauna. But I'm willing to guess your friend here does. I sensed it when he came in, but this is my litmus test for him." He said.

The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 2582
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex January 19th 2015, 11:20 pm

The priest showed him to see a thick leather bound book. It looked simmilar to those old occult books he used to read in his parent's hide out. 97 years has passed, he even wonders if that hideout is still there. Symbols of the devil and scriptures written in his language. It may seem like random arrangement of letters and sybols to people, but Hexller can properly read it. As to how the the book looks, it seems man made. It does accurately spell the infernal language but there are still some symbols and images that are inaccurate to the real deal. It was probabbly written by a normal human with vast knowledge of the other dimension, Hell that is.
The image of the large horned being stirring a cauldron depicts the ways of summoning large amounts of demons to the human realm. It was considered as a forbidden ritual for it may bring hell itself to the human realm. Hexller read the larger text on top of the page out loud. "Hrl Ljd Ez Hnal" Hexller said. His voice became deeper and sounded like it was overlapping. "The End Of Time. Where did get this book?" Hexller asked. How would the demonic scriptures of the apocalypse be on the hands of a human. It's just not right. Scriptures of the devil about the world's end is somewhat identical to the Catholic Bible's Revelation part, only that the demonic scriptures were stating what the devil's move would be on the apocalypse. Such as in this page, the demons were said to be set loose when time comes.
Hex
Hex

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 37
Job : Are you stalking me?
Registration date : 2015-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga January 20th 2015, 6:40 am

The Reverend closed the book after getting a glimpse of its contents. Shauna rubbed her head. "That was trippy." She said.

"From the cold dead hands of demonologists, my son. Where else? If I have to fight this enemy, we must know about them. Besides, I'm not talking about infernal creatures at the moment. We have a more... pedestrian problem." Earlman said.

Shauna took out her mobile device and showed Hexller and the Reverend photo images of vicious attacks on people; innocent bystanders, their bodies completely pale and left where they were attacked. The crime scenes completely lacked blood.

"The police are paralyzed against... vampire attacks. I used to be able to detect them, but they must have some kind of thing to help them hide even from my sight." She explained, swiping left to show more images.

"From the scale of the attacks, it won't be long till that entire blocks will be drank dry. Your... timely arrival, I 'd like to believe, is fated. But... who are you here to help?" Earlman elaborated, then asked Hexller the question.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
The Steel Sage Experience
Thalassophobia Experience
Talona
Lady Deathblow Experience
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Neko is 9 now. Neko has many medical issues.

Job : Architect, Master Builder
Humor : I made a Lesbian Feminist Ninja Vampire Samurai.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex January 20th 2015, 7:19 am

It doesn't matter if they have the book, as long as it remains unread, it's fine. Hexller took a look at the woman's phone. It showed various photos depicting pale corpses of people. The woman explaind how those were vampire attacks. Vampires, earth did turn into a really messed up world indeed. What's next, Aliens? Zombies? Giants? Although those may possibly exist, Hexller won't be even surprised if he saw one.
"From the scale of the attacks, it won't be long till that entire blocks will be drank dry. Your... timely arrival, I 'd like to believe, is fated. But... who are you here to help?" The priest asked Hexller. Help? Hexller remembered. His true reason on being allowed to stay in earth is to spread chaos and evil. To prepare the world with the unfolding of the end. Hexller refused this fate. Instead, he had decided to help anyone, bad or good. "Who am I to help? I help anyone that requires my service. Be it good, or be it bad. My loyalty will serve whichever side calls for me first. In this case, it looks like the good had came first to call me." Hexller said as he gave a blank stare at the priest.
Hex
Hex

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga January 20th 2015, 11:01 pm

"Is that so? What if the other side has a better offer? Anyway, I cannot come with you, my place is here with the parishioners. Shauna, take our guest and go to the latest crime scene. Go in peace, my child."

"Yeah. Real do gooder, can't imagine if the vampires got to him first. Come on." Shauna retorted to Hexller's apparent lack of morality. She started walking out of the church, waiting for Hexller to follow right behind.

"One more thing, my son." The Reverend addressed Hexller and gave him a small, ornate box, gilded in gold and holy symbols.

"There are many hidden dangers out there. You will need this to see clearly." He placed it in Hexller's hands like a keepsake then returned to his duties. Outside, Shauna waited by her classic Hog, a Harley Davidson, with a second helmet.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex January 20th 2015, 11:56 pm

"A better offer? Well see..." Hexller was handed a small ornate box by the priest. By the looks of it, it was probably a relic or some sort of holy item. Hexller was not comfortable with holy items near him, he is tempted to throw the ornate box away. But he thought about what's inside it, how it could possibly help him in the future. Hexller kept the ornate box inside his jacket's pocket. "There are many hidden dangers out there. You will need this to see clearly." Hexller was tasked to go with the woman on a crime scene. It was probably a crime scene regarding the vampire activity they have discussed. The woman walked out of the church as Hexller followed behind. He started to make the knife dissipate knowing that there are no immediate danger around him.

Outside the church, the woman waited for him beside a bike presumably hers. "By the way, I haven't even known your name yet. Anyway, you can call me Hexller." Hexller said as he took the second helmet and wore it. Not that he needed a helmet anyway, he's durable enough. He sat on the bike's back and waited for the woman. "So, do these vampires have any weakness of sorts?"
Hex
Hex

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga January 21st 2015, 2:18 am

"It's Shauna Masters, though in public I tend to go by Sun Queen. It's for protection purposes. Also, being the Sun Queen, these vampires don't take too kindly to me looking at them." Shauna explained rather briefly, implying her power to be utterly inimical to vampire kind.

They would eventually reach the crime scene, though Shauna stopped a block away and proceeded on foot. The sun was dipping now, about the right time for vampires to start waking up. Shauna had on her hero garb under her clothes, what seemed to be a form fitting Tron suit with green Tron lines. She looked part superhero, part cyborg commando. Her helmet also turned out to be part of the uniform, the golden face plate glass matching her hero costume's design.

"So... I guess we'll take a look around. You can use that thing the Reverend gave you if you don't have any other keen senses." Shauna said, beginning her scan of the crime scene. The police had set up police lines and made some effort, but the coroners hadn't budged the bodies since yesterday. The smell of rot was diminished by the cold and lack of blood, but it hung in the air nonetheless.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex January 23rd 2015, 4:22 am

"Shauna huh?" Hexller looked straight at the road as Shauna explained about her powers being extremely harmful to vampires. He thought of a weapon that could probably be on the same level as her lasers. A laser blaster, he thought. "I should probably start making a weapon" Another idea popped up on his mind, laser swords. Both are cool and exiting to use. Hexller haven't tried materializing two weapons at a time before, so it would probably take time. On the duration of the ride, Hexller was concentrating, materializing two weapons on his hands.

After a few more minutes, they finally arrived. It's getting darker as the sun go down. This probably means bad things to both of them. If Hexller's memory serves him right, which it probably doesn't, vampires come out at night. "So... I guess we'll take a look around. You can use that thing the Reverend gave you if you don't have any other keen senses." Hexller tucked his newly formed laser gun on his pockets and took out the ornate box. Hexller examined it with confusion, doubting how it could help him. "You mean this? I don't even know how to use this. Mind if you show me?" He said as the laser sword glowed, lighting up his face.
Hex
Hex

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga January 23rd 2015, 5:39 am

"Try opening the box and see what's inside." Shauna suggested, going with the obvious. She crossed the police lines and entered the abandoned apartment building.

If or once Hexller opened the box, he'd see something grisly in the silk lined interior of the box. An eye, with a little optic nerve still attached. It would look at him them quickly crawl out and sit in his free hand. The little piece of optic nerve would then attempt to connect with Hexller's nerves, granting him sight that can defeat the glamer of the Vampires.

"So... did you get it to work yet?" She asked, cautious with their environment.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex January 24th 2015, 3:04 am

"Try opening the box and see what's inside." Hexller opened the ornate box. Inside, there was an eyeball, twitching and squirming. The eyeball started inching towards Hexller's palm and dug its nerves through Hexller's palm. "What the hell?" Although it did dug right into Hexller's skin, it didn't felt like anything. More surprisingly, it was able to pierce through Hexller's extremely durable skin. Hexller was able to control the eye. It looked and right as Hexller tested it. I guess dual wielding weapons aren't a choice here. Hexller stuck with the laser gun and dissipated the laser sword.

Whenever Hexller closed his palms, his normal visions return. But as he open and raise it, he gets a vision similar to night vision and a 260 vision. It felt trippy. "It seems to work alright." He said with his gun raised. He continued to follow Shauna's lead, cautious and quietly walking. The sun was completely gone already. Nearby, what seems to be a fresh corpses are laying down on the floor. They looked completely pale as it was probably the doings of a vampire that caused those. He looked at Shauna and asked. "Are these what we were looking for?"
Hex
Hex

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga January 24th 2015, 6:49 am

Once Hexller had the vision, he could see how the place had truly become spiritually ravaged, the violent deaths of the victims having left echoes. Around him, shadowy images played out the last moments of their deaths as the blood thirsting predators fell upon them. The shadowy spirits of some of the victims still lingered, and they looked on their own bodies with sadness.

Sadness would soon turn to fear as Hexller would see some vampires moved through the shadow plane to evade Shauna's all seeing eyes. They were not aware of Hexller until it would be too late, as the power of the eye forced them onto the physical realm.

"...Why did you end the spell?!" The vampires, dressed in modern clothes, immediately started arguing among themselves.

"I didn't! Someone here ended it!" The lead male vampire said, opening the scroll and trying again.

"Get us out, the Sun bitch is next door!" The female said with urgency.

A laser beam carved through the dry wall and came in contact the one holding the scroll. He was turned to ash and dropped it. "That's Sun Queen, assholes." Shauna retorted, then watched as the girl picked up the scroll and started running out the back. Fast. "Good job, Hex. Don't let that one get away!" Shauna said, flying out the window and started chasing.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex January 25th 2015, 12:34 am

"Good job, Hex. Don't let that one get away!" Hexller turned towards Shauna and started chasing the girl. "On it." He said as he ran hastily. Vampires are quick as hell. Hexller tried to chase after it anyway. They were almost as fast as the big mafia brute he fought earlier today although not fast enough as Hexller can still chase after her. Hexller started shooting his laser gun. It shot red laser beams which are missing the target, barely hitting her each time. Each miss still cased her skin to smoke and sizzle when it got caught in the laser's light. "Stay still you bitch!" He shouted at the lady vampire. She hissed at Hexller and continued running towards a forest.

As they entered the forest, the chase became harder. He had to dodge trees and fallen logs as the vampire jumped from branch to branch with ease. Hexller continued shooting his gun up at the vampire, causing fire to start on trees with every miss. Hexller led his shot on a branch the vampire was about to jump on to next, finally making her fall down on a fallen log, splitting it in half. The vampire was impaled by the log's remnants causing her to struggle on getting up. Hexller grabbed the scroll and shot the vampire, completely turning her into ashes. He tucked the scroll inside his jacket's pockets and proceeded to turn back.

Hexller started running back. On the way, rustles and shaking of trees were heard. Looking up, Hexller saw dozens, maybe even more pairs of glowing eyes on the tree tops. "Fpbb Irnh!" He growled as vampires started jumping down on the grassy floor from above the trees around him.
Hex
Hex

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga January 27th 2015, 9:23 pm

Shauna was not far behind, her back emitting green particles that allowed her to fly, almost appearing like she flew on wings of light.

"Get him!" They hissed, and some quickly charged in like ferocious animals. Others though, hesitated, and for good reason. Seeing the vampires ambush Hexller, Shauna flew towards his side. A laser beam sliced through several vampires immediately, setting them ablaze. The older vampires who held back watched with dark expressions as their kin were again, reduced to nothing.

"It's the Sun Bitch!" They called her, again, pissing Shauna off some more. The vampires quickly retreat, leaving a handful of their smoldering brethren behind.

"We should leave. We've drawn too much attention to ourselves." Shauna landed beside Hexller and suggested a tactical retreat.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top