The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_vote_lcapWorld on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_voting_barWorld on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_vote_rcap 
ghost
World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_vote_lcapWorld on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_voting_barWorld on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] Empty World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon]

Post by Arcana November 30th 2014, 5:01 pm

Virtual reality, something that Sean did not have too much knowledge in, but he did know about fighting. All he knew was that this would be a scenario that would let him go full force without having to worry, but that meant a lot, considering that his full force was not like everyone else’s, thanks to Zell and those thingies he implanted into him. Either way, something about this tournament had him excited, his blood was practically boiling by the time he had arrived to the starting of the whole thing, and then they would quickly be thrust into the combat section, the reason everyone was here. Granted he did not have anything like pyrokinesis to intimidate, the xenogens did their jobs and that was more than enough for Apex, he would deal with what he had. It seemed that the first of the match ups would be announced, and it involved him, along with someone else.

Sean furrowed his eyebrows, though his heart was racing in anticipation at the event, that he could test out his capabilities. While Thanatos was tough, he was nothing really in the long run, and that annoyed Sean. Perhaps this place would have offered more powerful metahumans, so he would look into it. Regardless, Sean would sit into the battle chair thing, letting the magical technology do its thing, and within an instant, he was transported into cyberspace, and to their first real battle ground. It was jarring almost, but within a few seconds he could feel ground beneath his feet, followed by the acrid smell of smoke flowing through the air. ”Damn, when they say realistic, they sure mean it.” Sean muttered, silver eyes scanning about to see what he had been plopped into, Abyss Breaker strapped onto his back.

The sound of something could be heard falling in the distance, and it was then that he was aware of his surroundings. He was seemingly standing atop of a roof, many feet above a street, but everything seemed to be on fire, billowing smoke in pillars upwards. A world on fire that they were to fight in, but it was poetic almost, if not somewhat chaotic. ”Now where is that opponent of mine?” Sean muttered, rubbing his chin lightly while looking around as if expecting them to materialize from nowhere, and not without good reason. Still, he would have to wait, until at last the person would appear only twenty feet away from him, before a stairwell that would lead down, but into a burning building, though he could see that the buildings were close enough that one could jump from rooftop to rooftop, and not all of them were the same.

”Yo, I guess its just you and me. So, if ya want, you can make the first move.” He may have sounded cocky, but Sean was just perhaps too confident in Zell’s work, as if he could do nothing wrong. Blind faith perhaps, but it was what it was.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] Empty Re: World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon]

Post by shamanman November 30th 2014, 9:30 pm

Joshua had been lounging around the island hoping to quickly end the contest. He needed the money and had no other reason to join in, but he also knew had his interest piqued by the blue haired man that announced the device's role in the contest. These devices were a form of virtual reality emulators that would make his sensory believe that he was 'plugged in'. This reminded him to much of the matrix making him fear that he could possibly die due to such a device shutting of his brain. Luckily for him he had an ace in his deck. He could with his brain chip manipulate technology thus in theory winning him every contest by default.

Joshua walked slowly in the general direction of the chair. To his dismay not only was the chip unable to manipulate the virtual reality inside, but it also had magical energy that he has never felt before. "Figures" he announced aloud sitting in the chair. The presence of demonic energy could be felt a mile away, but he only thought it was some of the other contestants. Two burly men secured him in place, and hooked him up to the mainframe. On the outside of the room he could tell that the group was visibly annoyed he was taking his sweet time hooking up. Inside his own mind he was asking very similiar questions to the other contestants. Summed up into one word it was "Why?".

He felt his body jerk around in the real world while he became integrated into cyberspace. He had scanned in every single one of his gadgets in prior so he didn't where them into the arena only his usual deck of cards, shoes, and wand. Appearing a little more than 20 feet away from his enemy he quickly scanned the surroundings. The smell in the air indicated burning. This was confirmed by the burning buildings around himself. He was standing on the gravel of a rooftop though so that wouldn't bother him much seeing as wood wasn't a common material these days the fire would be easy enough to avoid. There were buildings all around them so if need be he could try and run, but for now he was content with staring at his opponent.

When his opponent asked a question of him Joshua replied by slowly reaching down his material belt to a myriad of different items but he decided to pull out a deck of cards from their case. "Wanna just play for it?" Joshua asked in a bored sarcastic tone.
shamanman
shamanman

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2014-09-15

Back to top Go down

World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon] Empty Re: World on fire [Tournament of Champions: Apex vs Red Raccoon]

Post by Arcana December 1st 2014, 5:35 am

Sean considered his opponent, waiting for some dastardly attack that would take him totally offguard, but only one thing happened within a few seconds. Nothing happened, he did not try to attack him and in fact even offered to play a card game with him, rather than fight in the great burning city. Sean paused for a moment, blinking a couple of times as if confused by the male that he was supposed to be locked in intense combat with. Flames would continue to roar around them, attempting to consume the buildings with an unnatural fervor, as if it were not natural fire at all, but something supernatural. ”Y…you’re not serious, are ya?” Sean would ask with a raised brow, chuckling softly at the idea of them playing cards in the middle of a burning city, which was perhaps too crazy for him to take serious.

Not that it wasn’t a novel idea mind you, but then again this tournament was about fighting, not just standing around playing card games on motorcycles. With the idea now in his head, Sean grumbled softly at not thinking of that in the first place, as that would have been the best idea ever when one thought about it. Regardless, less about motorcycles and more about ass kicking, as that was the order of the day. ”Okay, I’m just gonna start us off since you don’t seem to want to. I’ll try not to be too rough.” His hand would snap up to the hilt of his weapon, strapped across his black and in a flash the glowing blade of aether would reveal itself. The very air about it was abuzz with myriad life, something that seemed to shine above the wavering of heat within the air. It was a heat that transcended heat itself, and a blade that cut with that power alone.

”Remember, I did say try though.” Without any warning, he would barrel forward into a mad dash, yet something about his composure was that of a master, as if there was not a wasted step or movement within it, each stride hlding some purpose. Within a matter of seconds he would bridge the distance between him and his foe, speed considerable for a human and with a swing, he would aim the blade to strike at the males midsection. Within that instant, the blade was alight with a strange energy, blazing brightly as it sailed through the air with amazing swiftness and speed, all aimed for a virtual kill. He did not intend on losing, and with the chance of actually killing someone gone, that meant that he did not have to hold back.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by shamanman December 1st 2014, 3:29 pm

Joshua was prepared for a situation such as this, he had seen the hilt on the man, and reacted quickly as his stance moved into a charging position. "Well, I guess we can play 52 card pickup." The red raccoon announced aloud. Within milleseconds he launched himself in the air with aid of his super sneakers. While hopping upward he launched ten cards with extreme proficiency at his foe. They barrelled toward him with the power of 4 strength. Once at the Apex of his jump nearly 30 feet in the air in one motion he whipped out his tonfa launching a grappling hook into a nearby building no more than 4 storeys higher up. The hook pulled him towards the nearby roof as he pulled out his pistol in champion time while pocketing his cards. He was able to shoot off several rounds of accurate magical bullets encased in aether energy.
shamanman
shamanman

Back to top Go down

Post by Odien December 7th 2014, 8:53 pm

It is currently unclear to me at which point Joshua reacted, which is crucial information relating to my reply. As such, and for other matters on the attack(s), I need you, Shamanman, to contact me via PM or Skype (samuel_logans). Thank you for your time, and I apologize for any inconvenience.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : [20:06:47] * Odien has sex with Mike [20:07:20] Zell : So did his half brother, don't get excited about it Odien lol

Number of posts : 412
Location : [17:31:53] @ Forceaus : Not killing the innocent is part of being a hero to begin with
Humor : [19:30:11 19/01/15] @ Bliss : It's like holding someone's head underwater and forgetting they aren't a fish
Registration date : 2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Odien December 8th 2014, 8:13 pm

The blow dealt by APEX has left Joshua near death. The wound sizzled at the edges, cauterizing itself in the process. A large hole could be seen where the blade had struck, though fortunately there was minimal bleeding.

APEX: Minimal exertion, still in peak position. Left with aftermath of sword swing.

Red Raccoon: Near death at this stage. Able to move away from his assailant, but much more is unfathomable. Counter attacks failed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : [20:06:47] * Odien has sex with Mike [20:07:20] Zell : So did his half brother, don't get excited about it Odien lol

Location : [17:31:53] @ Forceaus : Not killing the innocent is part of being a hero to begin with
Humor : [19:30:11 19/01/15] @ Bliss : It's like holding someone's head underwater and forgetting they aren't a fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana December 9th 2014, 5:38 pm

Glowing blade would slice through flesh, and with a hiss it would cauterize the wound almost as soon as it had struck the male in question. Still, the male had gotten out of this without a killing blow being struck, which was perhaps not so lucky on his part. That only meant that Apex would have a little more time to play around with him, drawing out of his strike and looking about for the male in question. A few droplets of blood would sizzle, as small clouds of acrid black smoke would rise from the blade. ”Hm, I must’ve been too slow.” Sean muttered watching the male try to create distance between them, though what he was doing Sean was unaware of. ”Alright, time to up the ante a little.” And as if following the command, the xenogens would do as he had mentally commanded.

Strength flowed through his limbs, Sean taking in a deep breath and letting it flow through clenched lips. ”Now, lets see you jump from this.” Without a second of pause, his body would move much like a blur, a resounding boom flowing through the air. Sean was gone, flowing through the air at superhuman speeds, and launching from the roof with a single powerful jump that sent him barreling through the air at maximum speeds. The male had landed a rooftop away, and Sean was already barreling towards him with peerless speed, aiming to slam his shoulder into his chest.

Xenogen allocation:
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shamanman December 11th 2014, 12:07 am

Joshua winced at the pain emanating from his abdomen. He gripped the tonfa sending him to the rooftop away from whatever the dude was. When he was nearing the too of the roof he aimed his eyes at the lower levels. In a split second a cloud of blood rushed towards to the rooftop from his wound providing a smoke screen while the Red Raccoon teleported into the cartoonish sewers underneath untouched by the fire due to the concrete.

Panting Joshua activated his nano-machines beginning the healing process. At the rate it was going the would would heal in a couple minutes. Quickly scanning he noticed a large amount of methane due to waste buildup and other explosive gasses. Hopefully the dude he was fighting wouldn't try and bring fire down there. With a chuckle he activated a seal over his mouth protecting himself from the explosive noxious fumes. Slumping over joshua could feel the wound heal over, but the process was slowed due to the excrement laden sorroundings.
shamanman
shamanman

Back to top Go down

Post by Odien December 12th 2014, 6:01 pm

APEX: Lands on rooftop where Red Raccoon formerly was.

Red Raccoon: Healing beneath the ground, in the sewers.

I will not state whether or not Sean knows where Joshua went, and if he does then there needs to be a legitimate, non-Metagaming reason. However, I will say that, to provide access, there are manhole covers located once every seven meters in the street.

Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana December 15th 2014, 4:48 pm

Like a bullet Sean was flying through the air, aiming to crush bones, but finding nothing as the male seemed to disappear within less than second, one arm whipping out and fingers digging into the roof for some sort of hold. Dragging along for a few seconds, he would regain his footing within that launch and land feet first upon the roof, radiant silver eyes darting about. ”Please don’t tell me he teleported.” Sean muttered looking around with a sort of increased urgency, before realizing that he was correct. ”Goddammit!” He cursed to the burning heavens, slamming his foot down upon the rooftop and finding his foot falling through, and the rest of him nearly with it. For a moment one could say his posture relaxed as he worked that ever so powerful brain of his, running over and over where it was that the guy could have teleported off to.

While one of those burning buildings would have been an interesting choice, that suggested the guy would not be roasted alive. ”Well, I guess they don’t call me the brains for a reason.” Sean sighed, rolling his eyes and trying to put his brain on overdrive, which did not help as much as one would think. While he may have not have been the smartest, Sean was not exactly dumb, just sort of an absolute hot head when it came down to the brass tax. ”I wonder if I can like phone a friend.” He would say out loud to seemingly no one, though it was perhaps more to the digital masters and more of a joke than serious. Pausing for a few seconds, he would sigh and shake his head before turning towards the burning street below. Leaping over the edge of the building, he would plummet to the street below, and collide with concrete with a resounding boom.

Cracks spiderwebbed out from the point of impact as his eyes fell upon what looked like a manhole. ”maybe…” Sean muttered, lifting the manhole and slipping into the sewers, which smelt bad even in a virtual world.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shamanman December 15th 2014, 5:26 pm

Joshua sat there slumped next to a trashcan. He slowly lifted up his sleeve, and coughed out some blood. He was still a little sore, but the wound was almost completely healed. Tilting his head back he let out a light chuckle. 'Maybe I can get out of this alive.' He thought to himself, he then remembered how his attacks had no effect on whatever his opponent was. "I might need to study him." Joshua spoke to himself allowed.

Above him he heard a large 'BANG!' It was from this he deduced that whatever he was put up against knew where he was. He waited for a reaffirming clang from a manhole. The sound echoed throughout the sewers, but Joshua could tell that the sound was at least a few turns away which calmed the nervous man. Standing up Joshua waited until he could hear the Opponent come closer. The manhole had closed locking the two in the sewers of the deserted city on fire with the explosive fumes gathering around them. Once Apex was close enough for the fumes to settle once again Joshua whipped out his tonfa in his left hand while moving his right hand to the ring on the left. "I have to time this just right." He told himself.
shamanman
shamanman

Back to top Go down

Post by Odien December 15th 2014, 5:40 pm

APEX: Greatly disoriented, may suffer some breathing difficulties. Surrounded by massive amounts of debris, relatively unharmed.

Red Raccoon: Death by blunt force trauma. The explosion pummels him into the falling sewers, breaking the parietal bone.

This fight has been concluded, the victor being Sean 'APEX' Collin.

Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by shamanman December 15th 2014, 5:48 pm

That was just a lucky shot
shamanman
shamanman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top