The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Deal and The Hit
Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:49 am by Cynical_Aspie

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2024, 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_vote_lcapRain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_voting_barRain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_vote_lcapRain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_voting_barRain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] Empty Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx]

Post by Jordan Reynolds November 6th 2014, 10:10 pm

The rain fell softly upon the city of Los Angeles, and what Ryan was doing was nothing actually. He had been roaming the city out of boredom for a while, and something had been drawing him to do so, but he could not quite tell what it was. A pulsation within his chest that felt like a heartbeat, but it was also rather alien to him. So this lead to him wandering around, even if he had no idea what was causing this strange feeling within him. It had been a whole since he had gotten the amulet, but he did not put it on quite yet. Something was keeping him from using it, and that was perhaps his own hesitance in case it did not work like prescribed. Still, he kept the trinket within his right hand, feeling the rather cold sensation that coursed from between the metal and his hand, something he had never felt before.

Where he was now was the fringe of some park, and the sounds of people yelling about something could be heard. Ryan's attention snapped to that and within a few moments he would be approaching the scene, still feeling over the amulet within his pocket rather carefully. Eventually he would come upon what looked like some kind of large group, all rallied under a covering from the rain. Ryan blinked, as he slowly moved towards the crowd to hear what they were talking about and soon enough he would have some idea. It was some kind of anti metahuman rally, though why they were gathering here he had begun to wonder to himself. Maybe it was just because the rain kept them from doing so out in the open, but regardless they were meeting.

It was one of those open ones, for people to just walk in and listen, or maybe someone started it on the fly. Either way Ryan found himself in the crowd of it, or rather at the back, and already he was hating what he was hearing. Reasons why people hated him for what he was, all of which made him feel even more uncomfortable and so he would decide to leave. That was until something happened, something quite unexpected actually and it came in the form of someone screaming. This was followed by an explosion that rang out from the center of the gathering, shockwave enough to throw Ryan to his feet, drizzle beginning to pick up ever so slightly. ”O...ow that hurt.” He muttered, then taking notice of someone standing in the midst of the carnage, someone who looked as if magma were dripping from their flesh.

”Oh no..”
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1031
Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] Empty Re: Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx]

Post by Danny The Sphinx November 7th 2014, 4:26 am

Danny was supposed to meet Ryan somewhere in Los Angeles. The exact whereabouts fell through the cracks. Ryan never gave Danny a whole lot to go on, both in directions or really with himself. Still, Danny never got quite this lost. Everything around looked to change from empty squalor to extravagant materialism, a good sign she could find something to entertain herself, but a tell tale sign Ryan would be nowhere near. Fighting off her urge to indulge on Rodeo Drive, Danny found herself on the skirts of a park. Completely drowned in the turmoil of some of the most harsh anti-meta rhetoric she came across since the last time she walked through an anti-meta rally, Danny spotted her companion on the other side of the park. She pulled out her phone before remembering she never learned if Ryan had a phone or not. She tried to ask in a subtle way, but never got a direct answer from him.

The burning rhetoric hushed most talking throughout the call to arms. All ages and ethnicities seemed to share the viewpoint of the danger of the unchecked meta activity, but most people along the fringe found the speaker to vitriolic. Along the edges of the park continued on with their activities while giving vague gestures as to what the message was truly about. While not truly a meta by any real stretch of the imagination, Danny could still above average abilities given in a supernatural way to fight alongside other metas in an organization founded for meta humans, so her guilt in the eyes of this man would probably come through association more than actual possession.

"Hey Ice-Cube!" Danny cupped her hands over her mouth to yell out to get Ryan's attention. "Your directions are too vague!" As her hands lowered into the pockets of her letterman jacket, a burst of energy knocked her to the ground. All around her everyone fled in fear, leading one man to trip over her. He scrambled to his back, propping himself up with his hands and moving back in terror. Danny turned around to see a creature bathed in fire and lava walking. His intention hid behind the anger of the inferno drenched in his body. When Danny turned back around the man shot up and left her behind. Thank for nothing. She muttered to herself.

In the wake of the inferno, grass scorched up and black and red became the color of choice for the center of the park. The blue hum of her bracelet felt soothing, but her fighting would completely fail her in this instance. Under no circumstance would she get between this man and his intentions without becoming a crispy former meta.
Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx] Empty Re: Rain rain go away [Danny The Sphinx]

Post by Jordan Reynolds November 14th 2014, 9:10 pm

The moment Ryan collided with the ground, a low annoyed yelp slipped from him, along with a lance of pain shooting through his rear end from hitting the ground as hard as he did. His mind was reeling for a moment, until he realized that he had heard something, a familiar voice within the chaos and his eyes would instinctively look around for the source. Along with that, he would draw into a low crouch, enough to hopefully not immediately draw attention from the strange metahuman. It only took less than a minute for him to take notice of Danny, wearing some kind of jacket and then his mind would snap to remembering that he did invite her here. Not that he could have know there would have been some kind of anti metahuman rally, so that was partially his fault that there whole hangign out thing was ruined.

”I...um...yeah my directions were pretty crappy.” Ryan admitted with a chuckle, before turning his attention back upon the strange humanoid still dripping with flames and magma. He would have preferred not to have dragged his friend into such a strange situation, but then again it was what it was, meaning he would have to deal with it. Flames would dance along the crispy grass,d despite the fact that it was raining, but maybe the fire was too hot to just be put out by the small drops. Infact, it seemed almost like oil in the way that it fed the fire. ”There does seem to be some kinda attack goin on, kinda....messy.” Ryan would note, looking to the strange lava metahuman and sighing. ”I..feel like I should stop him...or it. Not like he felt he could, without killing them anyway. The falling droplets around them would suspend within air as if something was holding them there, spreading out within a small radius.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1031
Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx November 18th 2014, 2:52 am

Danny felt useless in situations that left her in a useless circumstance. Maybe this wasn't such a worthless situation after all. She could always find what laid behind the abomination and its sudden wake. But, first she needed to get everyone in the vicinity to safety. Danny grabbed a man who fell to the ground in his retreat to his feet. With her assistance, he broke towards the perimeters of the park. Two more people laid before her, and soon several people escaped the severity of the heat.

Now she just needed to find out how to battle lava. And a lava monster. "Ryan, can you put out this fire? Or at least..." Before she could mutter up some reasoning to the situation, the creature came into her full view. "Do you think you can fight that? Because I can't do anything without burning myself to a crisp." Danny looked around. She needed to find anything, but nothing jumped out to her. Direct contact with water only seemed to intensify the heat of the lava, taking away the most obvious means of dealing with the burning hot substance. "Rocks." It would only take enough rocks to fill the the lava spouts, or probably the entire park if she wanted to be safe. Too bad neither availed itself to Danny. Shooting around the scattered chaos, Danny focused her attention more on finding the origins of the creature.
Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top