The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Bolt I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
The Bolt I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
The Bolt I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
The Bolt I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The Bolt I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
The Bolt I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
The Bolt I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
The Bolt I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
The Bolt I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
The Bolt I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
The Bolt I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
The Bolt I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
The Bolt I_vote_lcapThe Bolt I_voting_barThe Bolt I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Bolt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bolt Empty The Bolt

Post by InfraredRainbow October 28th 2014, 6:11 pm

James "The Bolt" Bart
"Sometimes you just gotta break the rules in order to do good."

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: The Bolt
Title: N/A
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Meta-Human/American
Hair: Light Brown, Long
Eyes: Orange
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 160 lbs.
Blood type: AB Positive

The Looks

Normal Appearance:
Hero Appearance:

The Legacy

Personality:
James is very Brave. He will do anything considered dangerous. He is also very good, but sometimes he sees flaws in the law, so he will just take matters into his own hands. He hopes that some day he will leave his mark on the world and that he will be remembered for it, which is why he chooses to fight with a Sword instead of a Gun. Most of the time James is very serious.

History:
James was born and raised in a small town in California, and he had a pretty average childhood. When he reached the age of Eighteen, he joined the Law Enforcement, and quickly became a Police Officer. One day, he was investigating an abandoned Factory that people reported was getting activity. While alone in the Factory James found out there was some Scientists trying to create some formula to turn people into Meta-Humans. He didn't have a problem with Scientists trying to get people to turn Meta-Human, but there was also reports of people going missing, and he found the missing people in the Factory, but they were all dead. It was obvious that they were being tested on, so James immediately started trashing all the work of the Scientists. When James was almost done, the Scientists showed up and they weren't ready to give up on all their work. They attacked James, and in the firefight James got some of the Scientists Meta-Human formula in his eyes. He was still able to defeat the Scientists, but when he returned home later that night, he discovered that his once green eyes had turned orange. After a restless night he started to discover more things happening to him; For instance, he was able to run much faster than he could ever run before, cuts were healing alarmingly fast, he was sometimes just hovering in the air, and he could even pass through solid objects. During the next few months he experimented with these new found powers, using them together. He realized that he had become Meta-Human, and later quit his job as a Police Officer so he could take matters of law in his own hands. He also decided to leave any training he had with a Gun behind, so he could learn to use a Sword to be realizable as a Super Hero. He didn't know why he was doing this, but he felt like he was given these powers for a reason, and he had every intention of finding out why.

The Powers

Power 1: Super Speed

Power 2: Flight

Power 3: Phasing

Power 4: Regeneration

Other: Sword Fighting

Grid
Intelligence: 3
Occult:
Strength: 2
Speed: 7
Durability: 3
Ability: 8
Fighting Skills: 5
Magic:
Spells:
Flight: 2
Wealth: 1
InfraredRainbow
InfraredRainbow

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-10-24

Back to top Go down

The Bolt Empty Re: The Bolt

Post by Chellizard October 28th 2014, 11:00 pm

Explain what Phasing is.

You need a secondary Ability bar to cover Regeneration, seeing as Phasing [ if I am correct ] is like Kitty from Xmen, so it requires ABI of it's own.

Everything else seems OK tho.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
The Bolt JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InfraredRainbow October 29th 2014, 11:25 am

Yes, that is exactly what Phasing was supposed to be.

I don't seem to understand the ability stuff. I saw in someone else's Application that they had "6/1/1" So do I need to do that for my Ability using powers?
InfraredRainbow
InfraredRainbow

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 29th 2014, 3:18 pm

Depends on how much ABI for regen you want, but honestly if you are just going to be phasing through walls, I'd say 1 or 2 points depending on stuff. But if it's only 1 or 2 you cannot be phasing through people, or phasing to avoid punches on command. You would need 4 or more to phase to avoid punches/become intangible etc.

But if you were just wanting the phasing to go through walls? I say 1 ABI point is fine for that.

Now, regeneration, if you want it to work immediately, like seconds after getting cut or punched, you need 8 points into it. BUT, if you're okay with cutting back on the "time" it can be brought down to 7 to allow for your Phasing power to only take the point it needs from the ABI bar you have.

BUT anyway, your grid would look like this:

Intelligence: 3
Occult:
Strength: 2
Speed: 7
Durability: 3
Ability: 7 (Regeneration from wounds; takes about a post or so to activate based on "time")
Ability: 1 (Phasing through walls)
Fighting Skills: 5
Magic:
Spells:
Flight: 2
Wealth: 1

If you wanted, you could leave flight out and have 8 regen and 1 point in phasing so you can phase through stuff, unless you want to be able to fly to make phasing easier; if so, that makes sense.

Or you can put 1 of your flight points into regen and keep 1 point in flight for "pseudo" flight, which is gliding, free falling, etc. That way if your character phases out of the side of a building, they're not gonna plummit to the ground and die; they'll free fall and glide to the ground then do a cool barrell roll, if you're into that.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
The Bolt JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top