The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapParanormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 I_voting_barParanormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 Empty Re: Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new?

Post by Silus December 3rd 2014, 7:06 am

"Douchebag"Castiel said, though thinly veiling it behind a cough. Lucifer looked up and then shot him a glare.

"Far be it for me to pass judgement, but as far as I'm concerned I'm not the moron here." He said with a shrug and his typical soulless tone. Castiel rolled his eyes as he collected books and a bookshelf. His plan was to essentially concentrate his light into a heavily condensed laser and perhaps char the books. Lucifer wasn't paying much attention to his compatriot at the moment, having begun working on his own separate project towards laying the dead back to rest.

"That's not going to work. Light up one of the trees outside, or a book case. Charcoal is created by the slow burning. Too quickly and it won't yield anything." Luci said, still oh so bland in tone and presentation. Castiel nodded before leaning back against the counter.

Spoiler:

Couple zombies found their way back. Castiel dispatched of them as Silus remained inside and collected a good amount of charcoal from the combusted wooden bookshelves. Castiel on the other hand kept an eye out for their supreme overlord that guy who left and took himself to the air. Once over the roof he lowered himself and proceeded to use his manipulation of light in order to ignite a nearby tree. It took quite a bit more effort as light was more limited in night time. After that it was easy going. Castiel assumed that the fire would attract zombies, so he just slowly began leeching light from street-lights and light produced by the fire to store up a little energy. When he saw a zombie, that way he'd have the energy to blast it and fry it before it could enter the library.

After about twenty minutes of burning tree time, Cas smiled when seeing the stranger return, waving. "Ho!" he called out. Unfortunately all of California asked "what?" he didn't think of normal social ramifications and was simply greeting someone. After seeing this guy he conjured up a light barrier around the parking lot and the building. Castiel's breathing became shaky, exerting himself to cover the space with minimal light.

Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 Empty Re: Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new?

Post by Forceaus December 7th 2014, 6:40 pm

With the pufferfish he needed as the last ingredient for the ritual to remove all of the zombies in tow, a sweaty and somewhat exhausted Ailill ran back to the library to see if those two were even still there after he had been gone for nearly half an hour. He was honestly surprised to find them still there. He figured they would have just left right after he did without a care in the world. Looks like they really were willing to go through with all of this. They had even turned the library into a temporary fortress of sorts. A large amount of that energy that one of them could wield surrounded the place as they stood atop the roof and sought to protect the place from any zombies that came near. The guy greeted him as he approached and Ailill responded somewhat pleasantly. "Hey. You can just stay up there keeping guard. I'm hoping to be in and out with your friend in tow." he told him before walking inside.

"Hello, I'm back with the stuff we need. You finished burning the charcoal?" he called out to...... it came to him that he didn't even know their names, and they didn't know his either. It was probably time to fix that since they were about to undertake the most dangerous part of this here little mission. "My name is Ailill. What's yours, and your friend's too? he asked as he approached to see if they had any charcoal prepared by now.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus December 10th 2014, 7:55 pm

"You got it!" Casitel called as he kept the barrier up and kept at full alert. It seems like he was in a somewhat pleasant mood, which only fed Castiel's motivation to keep his good work up. Meanwhile Lucifer was inside salvaging a ton of charcoal for whatever they would need for the ritual. That this guy, they didn't even know, was going to initiate. Were there red flags everywhere? Definitely. But the person was competent enough to do what needed to be done. Besides, as much as the ever intelligent Lucifer hated to admit it, Castiel was right. This guy knew more about this than he did. So Lucifer had to suck it up and just sit back, shut up and do what he was asked.

"We have quite a bit. We torched quite a bit." He said to Ailill who entered, pointing to the remains of a charred bookshelf prepared and ready for use. That almost had to be enough, then again it wasn't as if Silus knew how much was needed. The man then opted to introduce himself. The name was Ailill apparently. That had a familiar ring to him. Not that he could be bothered to place the name, they had more pressing matters at hand. Lucifer smiled and nodded but then registered the fact he was asked to give a name. Well he can sound stupid and tell him "Lucifer and Castiel" and explain all the convoluted bull crap.... but he'd rather just get this over with. "Silus and Yancey. I'm Silus. I'm also sorry. I shouldn't have brought up your casting the curse, especially when I've done the exact same thing before. I was wrong. I apologize." He said. It was true. For a friend he did a ritual, one that cost him his soul. He internally chided himself for being a hypocrite, but he'd move on.

"So, anyway. Just let us know what to do." Silus said with a nod at Ailill, somehow thinking that would somehow show a willingness to help. Hey, if Silus were here and he were going to sit on the sideline, he might as well learn.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Paranormal stuff in New Orleans. What else is new? - Page 2 Lucife10
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus December 11th 2014, 10:42 pm

Ailill had returned to the library with the one of the two remaining things for the ritual that would rid the place of all the zombies that that other ritual had created. The one that he had unknowingly performed. Damn supposed friends always making things go awry. He found that the others were still there and holding out well. The place was well defended and once inside, Ailill asked if they were done preparing the other remaining thing that would be needed to stop the zombies. Sure enough, it was. While he was away getting the pufferfish he needed in order to procure Tetradotoxin, this guy had indeed gotten them some more charcoal. They now had everything they would need. Only problem was, well the spell had a specific condition in order to work, but surely they could manage that too. Right? Right?

Before they did anything else about this magical menace he had brought about, Ailill had finally properly introduced himself and asked for their names. The one he was talking to inside was Silus, and the one on the roof was Yancey. He could have sworn he heard Yancey get called something else earlier. Must be a nickname or something. He also apologized for their argument earlier about Ailill's accidental misdeed that caused this whole mess. Ailill didn't really have a response to that one and just took it in stride. "Okay. We should get ready to get going then. But first, I need to prepare the last ingredient." he said as he pulled out a knife and a vial and set the pufferfish on the ground and carefully proceeded to cut it open to get the toxins to leak out into the vial. Once that was done he just threw the fish in the garbage and placed the vial in a small container to keep it safe.

"Do you mind carrying the charcoal in that box of yours?" he asked as he stood up. "We have everything we need to undo that ritual I performed. The only problem is that it has to be done at the same location where the actual ritual was cast. It was in the basement of my supposed friend's trinket shop, and I think he had friends of his own. By now they may have all gathered there to try and take control of the zombies. Luckily I stole something that would have helped them do it in order to reverse the ritual. Basically, we have to head over there and may have to fight our way through both voodoo cultists and zombies in order to put an end to all of this. So, you still in?" he asked Silus

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus December 20th 2014, 10:41 pm

"Of course. Zombies won't be a problem but I need to give you a heads up. We won't kill any body. Well knock 'em out and we'll fight 'em. But we won't kill 'em." He explained. He figured that would be something Ailill would like to know, especially when it came to the views of the person watching his back, so to speak. Silus was content finally to just sit back and watch things transpire and help out where he could, thanks to the assistance of a certain flea-bitten someone. "Oh, yeah. I can put the charcoal in the box." he added in at the end, immediately turning to do so.

Truthfully Silus was in fact questioning Ailill's motives behind all of this. Was he in this to fix what was his mess? Was it revenge? Was he even telling them the truth? Silus had too many things he didn't know. But if you expect people to have faith in you, you need to begin by having faith in them. This was a place to start. Besides, if what he said was true in even the slightest way then Silus was already one step closer than he was just moments ago.

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus December 28th 2014, 11:58 pm

Everything was finally in place. All of the necessary items for the ritual had been gathered, and all three of them were ready to leave this library and get moving so they could take care of the problem at hand. Ailill had the stuff safely packed up and started rummaging through his enchanted bag to find a weapon to have in hand for when they get going. As he searched he heard this Silus fella tell him that he and his buddy were adamant against killing humans. The zombies they would kill, but people, no can do. Ailill found what he was looking for and pulled an enchanted dagger out of the bag and unintentionally brandished it as he responded "Fine with me. Just so long as we perform that ritual. Let's get going then." and with that, he walked out the door.

Ailill signaled the guy on the roof to come with them as he started heading back towards the trinket shop where this crisis began. Strangely enough, there were no zombies anywhere around as they made their way towards the place. In fact, it was eerily quiet out. Ailill had been expecting screaming and fighting to be going on. Not this. They turned a corner onto the street where the shop was located and started to get close to it when two men wearing voodoo outfits came out of the shop and each of them shot fireballs out of their hands at them. Ailill quickly erected a barrier to block the incoming fireballs as another one came out of the shop flanked by two zombies that weren't attacking any of them. "Dammit." he said aloud. "They figured out how to control the zombies. Now they've got their own little army of bloody corpse puppets." he said to Silus and Yancey in case they didn't realize it. Now things were definitely going to be difficult.

Two more men came out of the shop each with a pair of zombies in tow as the first two started firing off a volley of fireballs at them while the first one to come out with zombies started marching towards them with his two zombie bodyguards as magical energy charged around him. They were going to have to fight their way through these voodoo cultists and the zombies they had managed to gain control over in order to cast that ritual.

OOC: The voodoo cultists have basic human grids and 6 magic and 3 spells. Spells primarily consist of basic attack and defense spells. There are over a dozen of them defending the shop with 8 zombies under their control.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus January 5th 2015, 1:56 pm

Silus would have been elated to know his desire to not kill was noted, but he was busy being nearly void of such things as it was. Silus couldn't help but note the dagger that was revealed, personally taking note of it as a rather interesting piece. It already had an owner, but he'd quickly shove all outside thoughts to the back of his mind as he turned to leave the library with Ailill. As they made their way out the door Ailill motioned for Yancey to follow, Silus having entirely forgotten his friend had been up there to defend the place. Silus was able to note that apparently his sustaining that barrier was likely more draining than initially believed. Thankfully the barrier over the library would fade and the light could finally rest within as Yancey and Silus followed Ailill across the parking lot and down the street.

Silus couldn't help but think that he could have offered to drive, then again Zombies that he knew of were generally attracted to noises, so the purring of a finely tuned engine probably wasn't the brightest idea. His eyes scanned around as they followed along their plotted purpose, his glasses occasionally flashing as his head turned. If there had ever been such a time to play the cliched line - "It's quiet...little too quiet." Yancey murmuered. Silus' eyes narrowed as he turned his head to his companion with a glare. Leave it to the Texan to make an overused remark. Of course the comment was dismissed as it was nothing worth noting as it was painfully obvious that it was too quiet for comfort. Silus kept the little drawn gun on hand. Sadly the weapons he drew weren't anywhere near the capacity of the paint itself, he would have to hope that these things weren't TOO much tougher than a prime human.

The next thing Silus knew was that there were to strangely dressed individuals that whipped fireballs at the group. Ailill and Yancey had the same idea, except Ailill seemed to be ahead of the program on this one. Yancey shamefully tried to cover up his mistake by quickly producing two swords of light, one of the them tangible the other was harmless light. Each one was assigned to a hand as he held them, looking intently as Zombies began to pile in from the sides. Yancey had no idea what this meant, but Silus was well aware. Ailill was apparently correct, these Zombies were under the control of these strange occultist. The situation became a little more irksome to Silus by the moment, while to Yancey it was all the more adventurous!

"Cas! I'll pop the knees, you figure out a way to get to the cultists." Silus pulled out his gun and fired at a Zombie's kneecap. His intention was to remove the leg and slow the undead as long as possible. Yancey nodded and looked to Ailill, wondering how much more this barrier could take. He decided it was best to worry about each individual later, for now he had to get to those cultists. He placed a shield around himself and full out charged at them, hoping that Silus would be able to keep popping kneecaps and keeping Zombies off.

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus January 6th 2015, 5:09 pm

Ailill held up a barrier as the cultists fired one fireball after another. "Since when could they perform magic?" he thought. What else had they been studying besides how to reanimate corpses and control them? Luckily their magic seemed to be pretty amateurish at best. The problem was that his shield was about to break, and there was no sign of letting up. He looked behind him to see that Yancey had gone on the offensive and was confronted by a cultist surrounded with magical energy that seemed more for show than anything as he was quickly defeated. So he was only protecting himself and Silus with this thing. Silus was slowly removing the zombies from play. Doing so was distressing the cultists as they were losing their undead servants. Well then. Time to do something else. "Get moving." he said to Silus as he stepped away from his own barrier right before it was shattered by the slew of magical fireballs that had been hitting it. The two cultists that had been casting those spells saw them move away and turned towards Ailill to send forth another round of them. They each fired one before Ailill acted too. Ailill went on the offensive too with a blast of magical energy that overwhelmed the fireballs and continued forth unhindered until it reached the two cultists and knocked them to the ground.

The rest of the cultists that were outside saw that two of their own had been defeated and relayed this bit of information to the others that were still inside. They turned this little trinket shop into not only a voodoo ritual ground, but a base of operations too. They were really determined in whatever they were doing. Three more hooded figures slowly walked out wielding weapons that Ailill could sense were enchanted. One held a knife in each hand, the second carried a shotgun whose bullets would clearly be magical in some manner. The third had a rapier that started glowing with a sickly green glow before firing a beam of some kind of energy was fired out at Ailill. The rapier wielder then turned to both Silus and Yancey and aimed at them each in turn.

Ailill dodged the beam that was fired at him as the knife wielding cultist threw his weapons at him. There flight paths were being controlled and Ailill was having to protect himself from the small blades that could move in any direction. He struck one with his dagger and the knife was broken in two. The other knife flew back to its wielder's hands and he retreated back inside. Meanwhile the shotgun wielder was aiming his shots at Silus. After each shot the gun took about five seconds to reload.

Ailill saw an opportunity and decided to take advantage of it. He cast a spell that would leave a fake image of himself behind that would act like it was about to attack, as he teleported to behind the cultists nearest the door that were guiding the zombies and attacked them from behind. It worked perfectly and another two were defeated. That just left the guy with the shotgun and the rapier wielder whom was now getting himself into a swordfight with Yancey outside. The rest were all inside. Ailill peeked inside to see six more in there trying to prepare some magic, along with two more zombies.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus January 9th 2015, 7:58 pm

Rapier wielder? No problem! Well, there is a semi problem. Silus already knew that the weapons were enchanted. It came with being an enchanter of course, but Yancey was astounded by the strange Rapier. He wanted it, so he'd need to get it. The rapier was aimed at Yancey and then it fired out. Yancey deflected the blast with his not lightsaber and then quickly sprinted to Silus's aid to cover the blow from him as well. Yancey then prioritized the rapier user. His tactic of choice would remain the same. He had two blades. One of them would hurt, the other was for show and utterly harmless. The theory was to coax the enemy into a sense of security. Purposefully trip yourself up to reveal one of them to be fake, then he could reveal his ability to solidify either that he desired. This was the better choice of his tactics since the other one was randomly solidifying one and phasing the other to keep people guessing.

Silus didn't know what to do in all honesty, Ailill said to get moving and he'd be damned if he didn't get moving. The shotgun guy was pretty intimidating, especially when Yancey's full attention was on rapier man. He knew killing was wrong, but what was he supposed to do? Get shot by a magic shotgun? Wait...he could in all reality do that. But then we had the small issue as to how much he could take? Well how much could his wings take was the better question. He had to hope with three sets of wing he'd be able to take some punishment. Glowing the three ways to Epica were revealed. A set of celestial feathered wings, a set of bladed wings of strife and the tattered draconian wings of Hades all formed and covered him, providing him cover against the weapons. Silus quickly put his other item to use, needing something to incapacitate but not kill an enemy. He knew just the thing too. His hand drug across the pavement quickly drawing his newest creation. It was simple and practical. It was tranquilizer dart. Silus felt his wings beginning to buckle as he charged after the shotgun, using wings to try and bat the blasts away. Once close enough all Silus had to do was fall onto the person and jab them with the dart.

As soon as they were both available they would quickly rush to Ailill. Six people, more magic preparation and zombies. Silus backed up a little before wondering if killing a zombie counted...because if not he might be able to put these bladed wings to good use. Of course he was once again worried as to how he could in incapacitate the others. Generally this was Yancey's forte.

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus January 12th 2015, 6:14 pm

Okay, so there were just two guys left outside, and six more inside. There were also two more zombies inside as well. These cultists must be disappointed to have only managed to gain control over a grand total of eight zombies. All that hard work and the number of zombie slaves didn't even match the number of members of their little cult.

Ailill was just outside the trinket shop they had turned into a base for their ritualistic ways. They knew that he and the other two were out here. Did they know about the spell to counter the one that unleashed the zombies in the first place? Their knowledge of magic seemed quite limited. Even the weapons they were enchanting were pretty basic in design. Single function and low output. They were also flawed too. Yeah, definitely low level magic at play here. Still, they had the numbers advantage. Simply overpowering them would be too risky. That and he still needed to undo the resurrection spell. Time to consider his options.

Ailill looked over to his two 'allies' to see how they were faring. Eh, not too well. Those fellas were barely managing to hold their own against the two cultists they were fighting against. Well at least they were keeping them distracted. If they could manage to distract the others too long enough for him to cast the spell then this would be easier than anticipated. That or he could just sneak around them to get into the basement. Ailill had the means to do so. If he got caught however, he'd be in trouble. He had to wait for the right moment.

The mage moved away from the door as one of the cultists approached it to check on how his comrades were doing. Ailill hid in the small gap between the trinket shop and the building next to it as the cultists looked out the door. He informed the others of what was going on. "Only Samuel is still standing." he said as the shotgun wielder had just been taken down. His magical bullets failed to fully penetrate Silus' defenses before he got to him and knocked him out with a tranquilizer dart.

He heard more movement inside as two more cultists came out. One held a glowing chain that held the two zombies like leashes. The other held a broadsword that was radiating magical energy. It was significantly more powerful than the rapier whose wielder was steadily losing his swordfight with Yancey. Ailill saw from beneath his hood that it was Carl. Ailill reached into his bag and pulled out his own magical sword and engaged him in a swordfight of his own. The zombies were still being held by the chain, but it was growing longer and still glowing as they were sent towards Silus and Yancey. This seemed to be the cultists' last defense, but it was a formidable one.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus January 14th 2015, 6:00 pm

Silus' wings survived which was enough for him to be happy, and Yancey finished up the coup de gras, having had enough fun with the current man. "STOP MESSING AROUND!" Silus called out after Yancey who just smiled sheepishly. True enough that his guardian had very few to match his skill, he was still a childish little thing when it came to fighting people. He enjoyed the concept of playing on his opponent's level, unlike everyone else in Silus' life who believed they can and should dominate everything. "Sorry!" He said before Silus' wings folded over him, seeming to turn and meld into his physical being. Silus looked at his hand and wondered what was going on here. Looking up he found that there were finally two more cultists arriving, one with zombies on a chain and then there was another with a broadsword.

Broadsword's weren't easy to swing overhead, they were designed for side-swipes and other maneuvers, so Silus had a great way to counter him with his wings. Unfortunately the one with the chain was strange. The chain was obviously magical with the way it was glowing and the overall feel of the thing was just ugly feeling. Yancey seemed to sense Silus' hesitation to engage the enemy. "I hate the fact I was such a freaking boy-scout. Seriously, why did I say no killing? What a stupid freaking rule..." He sneered. Yancey arched an eyebrow and looked shocked at Silus. Yeah, they needed to do something with his soul soon...he was NOT the same without it. But he understood the annoyance. Whereas their friend here could blow through everyone with zero cares in the world, Silus and Yancey had to dumb themselves down to react in a life-sparing fashion. Unless... Well, Silus was the one who actually promised to never kill anyone, right? This gave Yancey an idea. Not one that generally crossed the angel's mind.

"Well I could take care of this now." He offered, looking to Silus. Silus nodded. "Do it." Yancey sighed and nodded, growing anxious. "Close your eyes." Yancey commanded as his eyes began to glow a bright blue, he began gathering light from every source, even the glowing of the chain was a weapon for him to use now. With no hesitation two wings of light formed as he called on his photokinetic abilities. It was theorized that with enough time he could level a city block... thankfully he was only looking to eradicate zombies and two people. But he couldn't do it in his right mind. Silus was without a soul, and the Silus he knew wouldn't want it. He produced a flash of light in front of them. With the flash he intended to blind them, then as the light enveloped them he'd use his knowledge of combat to knock the pressure points in their necks, knocking them out. Meanwhile he'd try to focus the light covering the zombies to shred them. He was hoping to have this done quickly and once more life-sparing as possible.

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus January 19th 2015, 7:08 pm

Two men that had until not too long ago had been friends were now locked in a swordfight with enchanted blades. Ailill Hale and Carl the voodoo cultist kept swinging their magical swords at each other and each time the blades made contact with one another, sparks and wisps of mana would erupt from them. They were currently evenly matched. They both stepped back before charging again. Once again their blades collided. This time a burst of energy erupted from the point of impact and both men were sent backwards and to the ground. They both slowly got up and prepared to strike at each other once again. The thing that went unnoticed was that Carl's blade was damaged. A few small, glowing cracks had formed on it.

"What were you and your fellow voodoo priest wannabes even hoping to accomplish? You couldn't even bring your precious zombies to life without help?" Ailill asked him tauntingly.

"Anything." He shouted in anger. "Anything to change this boring, mundane existence we're forced to live. We can't all be as lucky as you to be born into getting to explore the mysteries of reality."

"Hate to tell you this, but you're not worthy of such a thing. Actually scratch that. I didn't hate telling you that at all." Ailill said mockingly.

"We'll see who's really worthy." Carl said fuming as he charged once again. Ailill met him and their swords clashed once more. Only this time the force of the impact would cause Carl's sword to shatter into pieces. Unstable magic ignited it and forced Carl to drop the handle which exploded the instant it hit the ground. Before he could even react to what had just occurred, Ailill had his blade held up to his throat.

"You're finished. Now tell your little friends to step aside. I've got a ritual to perform in there. One that will undo that spell you tricked me into casting earlier." Ailill told him as he continued to hold the blade up to his throat.

"You won't be doing that." another voice spoke out of nowhere. Another cultist had exited the shop and was holding a gun up to his head. Ailill wouldn't be able to turn around to use his sword in time. He still had his magic however. Perhaps he should use it. That or hope that the other two would come and help. Speaking of which, what were they even doing right now. He glimpsed in their direction only to be nearly blinded by a flash of light. He could barely see as one of them took down the cultist that had been holding a chain with zombies on the other end. He also set about trying to kill the zombies, but any and all damage he did to them was healed near instantly. These zombies were different than the others for some reason. A reason that Ailill couldn't deduce due to his eyesight still returning and his desire to get away from the guy with the gun. He was struggling to see too though.

Ailill's eyesight was nearly completely back to normal as he cast a couple of spells. One left behind an illusion of him still standing there. The other rendered him invisible. Ailill headed for the shop to get inside and get downstairs to finally cast the spell.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus January 21st 2015, 10:22 pm

These things could withstand power like no ones business apparently. Yancey was actually rather angered by this as his eyes went from a brilliant blue to a murderous maroon. He generated two waves of light and tried to close them like to massive walls, corralling anything left in a straight line. This was much better. With a little more effort he'd generate his not lightsabers and take off putting his skills to good use. left across, right across, round house and shank the stupid things twice. Silus himself theorized that the enchanted chain was in fact the source of their regenerative properties. He also saw that Ailill was in a bit of trouble, or so it appeared. He was unfortunate enough to not be able to see through such illusions.

While Yancey proceeded to achieve grand-master combo levels of chain attacks, Silus made his way towards the chain and quickly drew a dagger. There wasn't a need for a great amount of detail, though he had a very strange idea he wished to test. If on were to think of magic, like all energies one might think of a current, yes? A current that takes a certain path. In truth magic was in fact erratic, chaotic at times even. Beginners in enchanting and magic often times needed catalysts, conduits or other means to assist in the powerful enchantment. This chain for example. Silus wondered that if this chain were a "stream" that funneled magic through and into the zombies to regenerate them...what would happen if he poisoned the stem? Would it contaminate the magic? Maybe if his enchantment were stronger? Oh this was going to be an invigorating test.

Just before pulling the dagger her inscribed a runic marking, a glyph of a powerful poison known as Sleepshade. Quickly he pulled the dagger and held his hand down on the chain. Holding the dagger hilt facing ahead he'd bring his arm up and then back down, trying to bury the dagger into the chain. If his plan were successful then the poisonous magics would bleed into the chain and hinder it's magics, or neutralize it.

"CAS, GO!" Silus bellowed. For good measure Yancey finished his combo-craziness by jumping into a back flip, one his way back though the light blades came up and sliced the zombies in the head. Yancey didn't wait to see if Silus was going to be okay or not, he just did as he was told. Go. So go he shall. He looked to the Ailill illusion and smirked.

"The Ailill is a lie!" He said as he created a massive dome of light, trapping the two men with him...hopefully. The battle was taking a little toll on the angel as he was breathing heavily as he tried to ready his breathing. "'Sup dudes?" He asked with a little chuckle and a sigh. "Phew... right so... we really gotta do this fellas?" He asked as he let his wings shine out, trying to warn them against conflict.

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus February 5th 2015, 9:25 pm

Inside, finally. Yes, Ailill was in the building he needed to be in, and it was finally time to put an end to this zombie plague. Ailill carefully snuck around the remaining of the cultists that were still occupying this little trinket shop. By the looks of things, they seemed to be running low on the magical resources they had access to. In fact, all of the magic they had used so far had been coming from an enchanted object. A goblet of sorts that was probably used to poison somebody centuries ago. They had simply been siphoning energy from it to use. Now only mere wisps of magic remained. These fools had drained it dry. Ailill could hear the panic in their voices as they struggled to channel energy from it to make more weapons. Ailill would attack them now before they could do any more damage, but he could feel that his invisibility spell was about to be undone, so he headed over to the staircase that led to the basement.

Ailill became visible again as he was walking down the stairs. An eerie sensation came over him as he drew closer to the site where he originally cast the spell. The power he had unleashed was still down here. The number of corpses it had brought to life hadn't used up all of its energy. Now it dwelled down here just looking for something to occupy. It was almost alive in a sense, almost. Ailill walked over to a desk and set the bag down to open it. He got out all the ingredients he needed and placed each of them in the middle of the room. Tetrodotoxin, Dead sea salts, an organic wax candle, charcoal, an exotic pepper, and essence of Amber. There, everything was in place. Time to get to work.

Meanwhile, the battle outside was still going on. The cultists were on the verge of absolute defeat at the hands of Silus and Yancey. They couldn't mount any sort of offense and were stuck just trying to keep them at bay and away from the trinket shop. The battle wasn't over yet though. The two zombies still remained. The chain that protected them had been damaged, but it was still functioning. It was still keeping them near immortal and able to continue to threaten the existences of anyone around them, but the regeneration wasn't as fast as it had been. It was no longer instant, but it still occurred, regardless.

Though several voodoo cultists were still standing, only one of which was armed. He held his gun up in front of him, but couldn't decide who to aim it at. He moved his arm back and forth between SIlus and Yancey, unable to decide who to attempt to shoot first. They were just too close, and too powerful for him to handle by himself. Then, an idea occured to him. He aimed the barrel of the gun directly at Silus and fired it thinking that the other guy would take the bullet and him doing so would give opportunity to take another shot and thus, take both of them out.

The bullet had been fired, and something swept over the area. A feeling of intense relief came over them and it came from the trinket shop. One of the cultists let out a shocked gasp as the remaining two zombies suddenly collapsed and went unmoving. The spell had been undone.

"Get inside. That Hale person is inside. Kill him for what he's done." The cultist with the gun shouted at the others. They all ran inside as he pointed the gun at the two foes of his and prepared to fire again.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus February 13th 2015, 11:02 pm

"Lucifer!!" Yancey called out as he followed the path of light over to Silus' location at remarkable speeds. Yancey was able to successfully block the first attack, however he found himself shocked when the second shot rang out and buried itself in his arm. With a little yelp the angelic being let out a flash of light from his being, propelling it our and clearing out absolutely every organic thing in sight. Yancey had been exhausted to his own ends it would seem as he lay there, clutching his arm and seeming as if he were ready for a nap. Silus quickly began to draw a bandage and some rubbing alcohol, hoping to use a form of primitive bandaging to keep the wounds from being infected. He had actually been semi-worried to the degree he had forgotten that the angelic being could simply alter the nature of it's power to facilitate a healing effect. The dome of light he had formed dissipated, no longer able to keep his concentration on the energy.

"Cas! You okay?" Silus asked as began to apply pressure. Yancey simply shrugged a little and winced.

"Uhm yeah. I feel like I've been fighting from Holloween til Valentines, but otherwise I'm doin' kay. You?" Yancey asked. Silus rolled his eyes and scoffed before looking around a moment. "You should probably go held that guy. I'll stay here and play bullet sponge. It's my new favorite game." Yancey chuckled as he rolled over and stuck out his good arm, letting himself stand. Silus started off towards Ailill before stopping to pick up the gun that the man whom shot Yancey had dropped. Silus didn't intend on using it, but then again the road to Hell was paved with good intentions...and the blood of his enemies but we'll neglect that fact for a moment.

"Move." Silus would instruct anyone still standing who had gotten in his path. He wasn't even caring for anything the cultists would protest or not. They would move, or they'd get a bullet to the kneecaps. The only benefit thus far of not having a soul was getting to forego the heroic mushy, mushy bull crap he normally loved so much. He had an objective. Time to get it done son. Silus didn't have too much farther to go, Ailill should be just down the stairs, right?

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus February 26th 2015, 12:41 am

A strong feeling of utter calm overcame him as the spell was performed and began negating the effects of the zombie resurrection ritual. The energies that had been released were being pulled back into a portal of sorts that had formed down in the basement. The corpses that had been resurrected would collapse and return to being lifeless. The adverse effects of the ritual's magic would be undone.

Ailill got off the ground and stood up after having completed the sealing ritual. It was over. He had fixed his mistake from earlier. Those cultists that had tricked him had their plans foiled. He could hear them upstairs. They seemed to be aware of the fact that the spell had been undone.

Back on the surface, the battle was clearly over. The last two zombies had fallen and the cultists were in full retreat as they desperately tried to amount any kind of offense against their foes. It would simply be to no avail, however. Even though one of them managed to shoot Yancey, they were defeated right after doing so. The rest of the cultists were back inside and grabbed whatever weapons they could get their hands on as Ailill came back up the stairs with his sword in hand. One of them charged at him and he disarmed them almost instantly. The others were cautious about taking any action since they knew they were up against an actual sorceror. Their doubts about their chances grew when Silus walked in to the trinket shop with the last magical weapon in hand. They all dropped their weapons and surrendered to them.

"Looks like that's the end of that." Ailill said amusingly. This day was done. Ailill pointed his sword at them to get them to clear a path. They lined up against the walls of the trinket shop unable to fight back at all. He didn't know what to do with these guys to be honest. They weren't a threat anymore. Their one source of power was depleted, and they couldn't hope to perform the resurrection spell without his help, and he was not going to be helping them again. He honestly felt like leaving them here feeling defeated. So he went through with it. Ailill walked through the trinket shop and only stopped to briefly speak to Silus before departing. "I'll leave these guys to you." he said to Silus. "Thank you for your assistance." and with that, he left.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top