The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_vote_lcapPaving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_voting_barPaving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_vote_lcapPaving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_voting_barPaving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) Empty Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open)

Post by Ever July 7th 2014, 9:27 pm

Following a small blaze of deep amber, smoke danced and swirled into the cool night air and disappeared. Theory took a deep breath, letting the hand holding her cigarette drop lazily to her side. Licking over her lips, they creased into a frown and her eyes snapped down the ground where she had let some of the ash fall. Did she actually smoke? Hmm.. For someone with such a damn good memory, she could forget a lot of things. Habits for one. Taking a few more drags as she pondered this particular addiction, her head tilted as she looked out at the rubble of New York City. That's right.. She had come here to look. The cigarette sizzled as she put it out against the wall of the closest standing building near the mess that was once the City That Never Sleeps.

"Time can heal all wounds sure, but I don't remember the last time it could rebuild a skyline ."

Letting the cancer stick drop and readjusting her gloves, Theory pushed herself off the wall with the leg she had been leaning against and staggered to straight standing position as she continued to survey the post-apocalyptic like surroundings. Like? Well... Maybe you really could call what happened here an apocalypse. When anything happens in America, the whole world will go insane. Starvation and terrorism in smaller places with names many can't pronounce? Nah, all that would sort itself out.

Cracking her knuckles out of force of habit, she seemed to look down on it as if unimpressed. She scuffed the ground with the toe of her boot, "I mean, it's not even, like, ash! You can see the bits and pieces! Get a few thousand avid jigsaw players and some OCD sufferers and this place will be good as new! Wobbly at some places, but still. Better than nothing, I say."

Theory was used to rambling away to herself. She did it all the time, seeing as others just didn't seem to really understand her points of view or various ideas, such as this new New York renovation plan or her other idea that all the negative emotions felt by Super Villains could just be dealt with by ballroom dancing, as the urge to cause pain was most obviously located in the same part of the brain as the capability of learning how to dance.

Theory muttered under her breath, "I stand by that."

She took one final glance around and sighed, resisting the urge not to take a picture. A part of her didn't want to admit she was curious about the great fight. The reason being that she had enough information to go on. Chances were info like that wasn't going to sell very well. To most of the Metas, a lot of it was common knowledge. Theory wanted something personal. Personal things always sold for a hell of a lot more. In fact, it was the whole reason she wanted to look around in the first place..

It was like hoping a criminal would return to the scene of the crime, only Theory was hoping someone would return to the scene of... Personal trauma? She didn't really care, all she knew was that before she got to gaining information on what any Hero or Villain activity that might be building up behind closed doors, she needed to be positive that this was bled dry. Besides, she needed some insurance if she hit a dry spell in the future and nothing was selling. All those Metas in the other states might want to know some more specific.

So this was all why Theory was taking her sweet time turning around and walking away. She let out an audible sigh. This was probably just a waste of time, but hey. She wouldn't just mind some company in the dead of night. Strangers? She didn't believe in 'em. Theory's signature grin slipped on to her lips.

They were all just friends she hadn't had the chance to meet yet.
Ever
Ever

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 15
Location : In a dream where I'm dreaming about dreaming about dreaming
Job : Ambassador of Awesome
Humor : I'm building a meat dragon and not just any meat will do!
Registration date : 2014-06-29

Back to top Go down

Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) Empty Re: Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open)

Post by Hanna July 9th 2014, 11:42 am

Hanna ached all over, her back, her neck, her wrists and her very soul. It had been three weeks since her last seizure… four since her relapse. Oh and it had hurt. It hurt to move… to think… to breathe… and to be.

How did her mother make it through twenty-one years of this? Hanna, the usually brilliant half dragon, had no idea. She would have asked but as of this moment she had no idea where Salone was. Several months ago Salone had her past show up and she vanished without a trace. It was one of her mother’s many talents and Hanna knew if Salone wanted found, she would let herself be found. That was why Hanna was here, to find her mother. Why would Salone be in New York, again Hanna had not a clue. But Hanna found she enjoyed the mental hunt for her mother. Things had changed back home, now would be the best time for the Time Collector to return.

Adjusting the sword that was across her back, Hanna prepared to leap to the next rooftop; Clearing the gap easily and skidding a few feet. Then she allowed herself a look at the city, glowing brightly in the dead of night. Had Hanna still been a hatchling she would have roared and gone to play with the people down below... But she was not. She had been forced to grow up these last few months.

“Only if…”
She breathed out; her blue eyes seemed to shine in the dark.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Peoples:

Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) Tumblr10
Hanna
Hanna
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Tell me I'm a fricken fairy princess one more time... I dare you."

Number of posts : 754
Job : I am a book person... I read, sniff, and throw them at obnoxious people
Humor : Oh you like that character? Let me kill them for you. :D
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open) Empty Re: Paving The Road with "Good" Intentions (Open)

Post by Ever July 9th 2014, 8:36 pm

Slowly, Theory turned her head to the left and then to the right. She even looked up and down for good measure. Nothing. Theory hated very few things in this world. One of those very few things was nothing happening; boredom. Theory was so used to travelling around the states with everything going at a fast pace. In fact, Theory hadn't stayed in the same state for so long. Well, sure she had been to Chicago but that was only because a huge chunk of her clientele flown on over to the Windy City most likely because of safety precautions. Theory was sure it was safe to presume that New York City falling down worse than London Bridge didn't inspire much confidence with Metas. Sighing heavily, Theory ran a hand through her hair, "Well, I could look at rubble all night or I could do pretty much anything else... I can always take a picture of this."

She lifted her head to feel the breeze against her neck as she skipped along, hands held behind her back. It was peaceful... God, she hated it. Her eyes narrowed and her lips were set in a frustrated scowl. All she wanted was a little entertainment! Throwing her hands out and looking up at the sky, she cried out, "Is that too much to want?! It's not like I'm asking for money or food or anything that's gonna benefit me in any way! Because hell, my life is pretty good!" Blinking, Theory looked down and pursed her lips , nodding, "Huh... It is a good time to be Theory Elroy actually."

As she looked back up again preparing to change her demands into a thank you and maybe slightly different requests for other worthwhile, material things like a motorcycle or a jet ski, her eyes widened as she followed a figure jumping from building roof to the next. Twisting herself around and jerking her body up and down, her head whipped round to try and find another witness, "Is there anyone--- Did anyone else see tha-- What? Who?" Squinting her eyes to try and catch another glimpse at the damn skilled jumper, Theory's mind was going a mile a minute since it had just burst into life. She went into a dash, running to the alley way that was conveniently placed at the building she had jumped off. She just loved it when the universe let things work out. Not stopping even to take a breath, Theory clambered up the ladder and dashed up the metal staircase, tripping over her feet a little too often for someone with near-but-not-close-enough-to-peak agility.

With exaggerated gasps for breath, Theory made it to the roof, trying to straighten herself up and stop her head spinning. Finally! Something was happening. Turning her running bounds into small jogs, she made it to the edge where the figure had jumped off. Keeping very quiet, Theory studied the figure that was on the next roof, now seeing that is was just a... A girl with a freakin' sword on her back! Clawing at her throat to keep inhuman gargles of excitement at bay. Gently stepping on the edge, she looked at the small gap and shrugged. Bending her legs at the knee, she jumped forward, leaning so that she would land on her hands and then flip back on her feet again. Shaking her whole body to clear her head, she grinned happily and madly, before realising that the girl had probably heard her.

Theory flew her hands up in a defensive position taken into account the equation of sword on your back plus a total stranger following you onto a rooftop equals pulling said sword out and a variable of cut first, ask questions never. Waving those hands, an award winning smile was already on Theory's lips as she looked at the girl, "Hey, hey! Listen, do I look like a threat to you? ... No seriously, do I? I've been working on my intimidation." Theory let out a laugh and in that one sentence, she had taken in everything about that girl's physical appearance. She was very pretty, but she wasn't one of those pretty girls, but hey! The sword on the back could have told anyone that. She looked around 17 to 20, but she couldn't have been any older than that. Theory would be incredibly surprised if she was older than maybe 21. She definitely had a look of maturity about her. She was smaller than Theory was, but only by a few inches, maybe 3 or 4. There was something about her. She wasn't just human, Theory could tell. A Meta perhaps? Seemed the most likely explanation. She was interesting. Theory lived and breathed interesting. Blinking her eyes, she tilted her head in a look of concern, after noticing something else about the girl's behaviour from a distance.

"If I may, you looked troubled. Uncertain I would say. Maybe it's out of place of a total stranger who's just leaped on over to this rooftop, but hey!" Theory dusted herself down and gave a grin, but a softer one this time, "I notice things in my city is all."

"My name's Theory just to say. So see? I'm not that much of a total stranger now."
Ever
Ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanna July 10th 2014, 4:23 pm

Hanna watched the new character in play warily, holding the hilt of the sword named Katrina level in her crouching position. It was clear that Hanna was not in the mood to be snuck up on as her blade was still threateningly up.

Did she look like a threat? Hanna arched an eyebrow in disbelief. The dragon could easily set her aflame and leave. But that was against Hanna’s nature so she shoved that idea aside. However, Theory’s eyes would not stop moving! Roving over her skin like she was some oddity… Hanna supposed she was in some cases. After Miss Theory gave up her name, Hanna lowered Katrina and then stowed the Katana back in the sheath across her back, her blue eyes seeming almost catlike in the dim lighting.

“Hanna,” She responded in a low even tone. “Your city? I was not aware that someone owned this land. Last time I checked it was owned by individuals rather than by one person.”

The tiny blonde relaxed out of her fighting stance and slid into a much more comfortable one, her right foot scooted away from her left at a comfortable distance.

“As far as intimidating goes, you are about as scary as a cupcake without frosting,” Hanna’s eyes stared unblinking at Theory. She was a little too loud and a little too happy, which raised alarms in Hanna’s mind. Those were generally masking personality traits, but masking what?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Peoples:

Hanna
Hanna
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ever July 11th 2014, 1:45 pm

Theory settled her eyes, confident she had all she needed in terms of her physical appearance. She'd know a little more as soon as she got the girl talking. Many didn't realise what the right person could figure out from a few words laced with a certain tone and spoken at a certain pace. Luckily for this girl, Theory was as right a person as you could get... Or was that unluckily? Well Theory was just happy that something was finally happening! Her body language oozed confidence and she was just the right amount of relaxed. Her back was stiffened slightly and she licked her lips a few times to display some caution. All that couldn't hide the shivering of excitement pulsing through her body.

This girl was a fighter. Fighters had friends. Fighters had enemies. Fighters were always on the move; searching for something. Each of that branched out to contacts and all those contacts branched out into pools of information. That's why Theory never underestimated anybody. Connections were very, very interesting little things.

That crouched position, that one of a predator ready to pounce at their prey was not just from any fighter with a sword strapped on their back. It was that of someone with experience; a hunter, perhaps? But that some human hunter with a preference for blades... Oh, now she was interested in that sword! That sword was special, the history was practically dripping down the blade! It took a lot more work than she expected not to frown as the girl put it away. But at least the girl was feeling superior. Not comfortable or trusting, but stronger. Rule number one of this job, always subtly work with the ego first.

"Hanna.." Theory repeated the name, trying to see how it felt as she said it. It certainly was what Theory would deem a "pretty girl" name. But, that was it for introductions it seemed! At her comment, Theory lips quirked up into a grin. Her voice was even, a sign of control. And the way she spoke... It definitely fit in with what Theory caught about her seeming a lot more mature. If she was being sarcastic, Hanna here was doing a very good job at hiding it. Well, a neutral response in the first few minutes was key. So Theory brought her right hand around the back of her neck and rubbed it, to feign nervousness of a silly mistake. She still smiled softly.

"That's very true, but when you've been in this city as long as I have, you form an attachment. The possession I claim is really from... A sentimental standpoint." she laughed gently, bringing her hand down and her eyes flicking up and to the right, remembering her time her with her father.

Rule number two was that this wasn't lying. Always make your own little personal connection, no matter how little. For Theory, this wasn't little. All her best memories were the time she had spent in New York. She might even go as far to say she loved it, but she wasn't being all that serious when she talked about a sentimental connection! But then again, there was nothing wrong with getting into your part!

Theory watched her slide into a much more comfortable position, but that wasn't cause for celebration. Theory's soft smile was still in place when Hanna told her the reason. That comfort was only brought on by Hanna not viewing Theory as a threat. That in no way equated to trust. Theory noticed her eyes never seemed to blinked and that was a signal to Theory. Suspicion. It wasn't the same as being wary of a total stranger. Suspicion was when even though you felt no cause to worry, you still felt cause to doubt and question that which seemed as if it was of no threat. But of course, Theory was well used to this.

She brought her right hand up again, but this time, to squeeze her left arm. She chuckled and grinned softly, all her body language seeming to "tone down". Not being as outrageous as she was used to being. She also but this same level of control in her voice as Hanna had, but made it more gentle, more friendly, "Always nice to get some feedback!"

Rule number three? Mirror. Mirrors always seem to highlight certain features. You need to mirror the "positive" ones. Well, even if they weren't exactly positive, they could be neutral in a sense. Theory looked into Hanna's eyes, gentle and friendly just like her voice, but they seemed not to blink either. Hmm, trying to create some kind of comfort, but not make it seem like she was trying to stare Hanna down. Theory gave a mental grin of excitement. Oh now this was a challenge. Theory loved nothing better than being challenged.

"You must be troubled. You didn't respond, so you avoided the statement.. You don't have to tell me anything. I told you, I just notice things is all. I notice that you have a hunter's instincts and while maybe hunting isn't the right word.. Maybe you're looking for something? ..." Theory blinked and gave an apologetic wave of her hand, "I'm sorry Hanna, that was out of line."

But was she close? Theory would have to wait and see.
Ever
Ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanna July 13th 2014, 11:39 pm

Hanna watched as Theory’s eyes roamed from her sword to her face, stopping to rest on her eyes. This creature before her was trying to read her look a book. Katrina wasn’t helping by whispering doubts and suggestions in the back of her mind.

Shut it…

The dragoness watched as Theory tried to guess what was wrong with her.

Troubled? Try dying.

A hunter’s instinct? Try Dragon.

Looking for something? Try hunting a person who vanishes like a ghost.

“Yes,” Hanna said agreed pleasantly. “Those questions are indeed out of line as is needling a complete stranger for information.”

This is what was scary about Hanna, you could rarely tell if she was mad or not. She had a temper like her father, Yamm. But she was also calm and caring like her mother, most of the time. Hanna rolled her shoulder and stretched her neck, peering over the edge into the ruined city below. Waiting for something… anything… But there was nothing, so Hanna turned back to Theory.

“I would rephrase looking to hunting. Then you have an understanding of what I am doing, trying to find the thing that does not exist.”

But what was that thing?
Hope?
A reason to live?
People?
A cure?
The list could expand for Theory.

My Peoples:

Hanna
Hanna
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ever July 16th 2014, 9:30 pm

Following strangers to rooftops and trying to gain their trust? Theory liked to think it was all in a nights work for her. Theory was having a lot of fun with this. She needed to get Hanna's intentions out of the way and go right on to her. She wasn't human. Theory had spent a lot of time with regular ol' folks and even more time with regular ol' Metas. She had come to know the difference. It was very slight things in speech and behaviour, but very slight things in general were Theory's speciality.

She blinked a few times when she bit back... Nicely? That was new. Was it even possible to bite back nicely? For anyone else, this would result in a lot of confusion and confusion was a feeling Theory dubbed "a connector". Confusion could lead to so many other emotions, like suspicion, frustration and fear. But Theory couldn't remember the last time she was confused... Alright, there was this one Suduko puzzle this morning, but she didn't want to think about that right now. But being confused by what a person was feeling? She had a feeling Jonah would take it as a personal insult if she misread the slightest emotion wrong after being raised by- In Theory's mind- the best damn Empath to ever travel over North America.

It was like the speech was coated with sugar, but Theory could just taste the pinch of salt... Or something that was a little more bitter... Was pepper more bitter than salt? Not even Theory could understand how her mind worked sometimes and how even at the most interesting times it seemed to drift away. And besides, salt worked better with sugar. There are important linguistic skills I've got going on. With that slipped in comment from her brain, Theory snapped back into focus. She hadn't slowed the movements down and caught the microexpression, so she wasn't sure if she was dealing with silent seething or just simple bluntness. Either way.. This pleasant unpleasantness was pretty fascinating. Not a fun little secret quirk you found in most people. But Theory already knew this girl wasn't "most people."

She tilted her head as she saw Hanna look over what was once New York. She was checking. Was she expecting something? This girl was unsure. Theory had to blink her eyes to get them focused back on Hanna's when she noticed the sword wielding girl had turned back around. What she said next surprised Theory. She didn't tell her she was wrong. Hunting? An understanding? Something which doesn't exist? Oh this was just delicious.

Theory took the time to actually think it all through. This was something she really had to dissect. But she couldn't just leave the girl in silence.. Theory took a subtle, deep breath before walking off to the side of the girl, so she would be beside her. Not too close of course. The sword equation was still in place. She smiled softly, looking off into the city, as if pondering something.. Well, honestly she was, so that helped.

"Hunting for something that doesn't exist? I'm not going to lie, that sounds hard... But... Actually that's a bit of a lie. I don't find it hard at all." Her head leaned back to look at the girl, "You may be hunting, but looking is what I do for a living. I look for information." A part of her brain was telling her to stop. That was getting in too deep telling her this. She actually chided herself to relax that part. How do you know what's too deep if you don't take a risk and swim on in?

She continued, "Some would say certain pieces of information don't exist until they are created, so for all I know, I'm searching for something that doesn't exist yet or never existed at all. Funnily enough, tonight is a good example!" She turned her body around, spreading out her left hand, as if presenting the fallen city below.

"I came here looking for information of what was left of the city and the Metahumans that fought here. There was nothing to be found. No one to talk to. That information didn't exist but I went looking for it anyway... Even if you're sure that what you hunt for doesn't exist, it doesn't mean you should stop hunting, but of course, you know that. You are hopping over rooftops in the dead of night with a sword on your back after all."

Her hand retracted back into her pocket, but her head still faced the wreckage beneath them. She went on, a thoughtful tone in her voice, "There really is nothing of this city and that's just not literally. It doesn't mean anything anymore, to humans or to Metas. For both parties, it reminds them of destruction and pain. Fair enough. I'm a Meta myself and I still came here because I'm stubborn... Well, more like desperate for business." She let a chuckle escape her.

"So that begs the question, be it appropriate or not:" This was it. She couldn't stop now, her speech was going a lot faster than the deteriorated rational part of her brain. She let her cool, unblinking eyes fall on Hanna, a look on genuine confusion and intrigue on her face.

"If this can't mean anything to humans or Metas... What must it mean to someone who is neither?"

Oh, this was it. Biggest bluff of the year. Had she gotten it wrong? Well, she had a fun time testing her agility on dodging that very sharp looking sword if she had. What fun.
Ever
Ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanna July 28th 2014, 2:25 pm

Hanna watched the mortal try and read her as pain sizzled in her gut. No. No. No. Not now.

“Katrina…” Hanna breathed out her sword’s name softly as pain flashed through her again. Almost instantly the sword grew warm against her back, lending her the strength she needed to keep the pain hidden.

“So... you’re a reporter of sorts?” The dragoness made small talk, a small edge of warning in her voice warning her if she began to dig anymore, and there would be consequences. A spot of water hit her skin and it rolled down her arm. It was raining. It was soothing against her overly hot skin. Hanna was not paying much attention to Theory until…

"If this can't mean anything to humans or Metas... What must it mean to someone who is neither?"
She knows… Katrina whispered into the back of her mind.

Hanna darted forward, made a grab for the girl to move her so Theory would dangle over the edge of the very tall building. Her brain was moving quickly, this mortal was very smart. But Hanna could easily overpower her if it came to that. The human stunk of mortality. On a more humorous note, it would look very funny that someone as small as Hanna were to dangle a person off a building.

“Now why,” Hanna growled low in her chest. “Would that mean anything to me?”

Her pupils narrowed into draconic slits and scales erupted along her jaw line, silvery blue and metallic looking.  Her intent was to scare not to kill. Hanna hated killing personally and she had a feeling her mother would have colorful words for her if she found out she had killed a mortal. Besides, this Theory character might be a possible ally in the hunt for Salone… The dragon grinned, showing pointed teeth.

“Want to play a game?” She cocked her head to the side like a lizard would.

((Short post is meehhhh and short)

Hanna's grids:

My Peoples:

Hanna
Hanna
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ever August 4th 2014, 2:43 pm

(Short post is wonderful ^-^)

Theory licked over her lips and her eyes lowered slightly. Was... Was this girl in pain? She saw her lips moving, muttering to herself, but Theory wasn't able to make out what she was saying. It was something short though. Not a full phrase. Really, Theory had decided she had other things that she could choose to be concerned about, such as Hanna's reaction to all of this.

A reporter? Theory curved her lips down in a frown of genuine of thought, actually thinking about what her answer would be. It was an interesting title. A reporter? Well, reporters got paid for sharing news -which was indeed information- to the general public. They investigated to gain this information and then relayed it. Did that count as selling? Theory's eyes were trained fiercely to the ground, a look of pure concentration darkened her features. Even the falling drops of rain didn't distract her from the fascinating possible parallels between her job and that of a reporters.

Something was able to snap Theory back into reality however. Nothing major, just the feeling of being violently grabbed and the fact her legs were no longer on solid ground is all. Her eyes started to blink and her head started to snap in all directions. She finally settled a perplexed gaze on Hanna who didn't look all to please. Realisation hit. Theory couldn't help a satisfied smile flow onto her lips despite the situation. Well, well! It wasn't such a bad bluff after all. Twas always good to know that her "Theory senses" were as still as fined tuned as Liberace's piano.

Theory kept a straight face, as judging from that growl, Hanna wouldn't exactly appreciate a smile right now. But then she watched the girl change right in front of her eyes. As her pupils narrowed to feline like slits and something scaled up her jaw. It was silver with a blue tinge and almost looked like armour of sorts... But..Wait. Were those scales? Like what lizards had?! Theory's head tilted and no effort was being made to hide her wide eyed expression of pure fascination and awe. It was terrifyingly beautiful. Was there any better kind of beautiful?

Theory swallowed as she heard the sharp toothed invitation to play a "game". She let her eyes fall down and she saw the height at which her legs were kicking leisurely above. She.. She wouldn't survive that fall, would she? Well, she could try and grab onto something as she fell, or she could just roll or flip before impact... But that would take so much effort. Why chance it, when she could just get out of this by playing along. Besides, games were fun, weren't they? They sure as hell in Theory's book.

So her reply was a grin right back, a shrug of her shoulders and her slight laugh, "As long as it ends with me still intact, I'm all for it!" Oh, now this was going to be an interesting last night after all..
Ever
Ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanna August 6th 2014, 5:30 pm

Hanna grinned wolfishly.
“A game it is!” Then she threw Theory as hard as she could into the air. Hanna tilted her head back as she watched the mortal flail through the air. I suppose I better go get her, Hanna thought dryly and she leapt into the air after the falling human. The transformation from human to dragon was smooth as a hot knife through butter. Silvery blue scales erupted all over her pale fair skin, wings sprouted from her shoulders, and a dragon bulleted down towards the ground to catch the human on her back, taking care not to impale her on her spikes. The sword was no longer a sword either but rather a woman, with silver hair and silver eyes. Katrina reached over and grabbed Theory with a strong arm and hauled her into a stronger sitting position.

“Never,”
She shouted over the wind whistling in her ears. “Make a dragon angry.”

The touch of a dragon was strange; the scales were cool and slick to the touch but the scales of a fire breathing dragon’s stomach were uncomfortably hot. Katrina seemed to have no issues retaining balance on the dragon. However, she was keeping a close eye on Theory as she most likely was not accustomed to riding great winged beasts. Katrina’s hands were cold and smooth, much like a sheet of metal after left next to a bag of ice.
The landscape was changing rapidly below them, from city, to country, to forest, to rocky cliffs. Hanna landed and Katrina slid off gracefully waiting for Theory to join them in the realm of cold and snow.
((Another short post))

My Peoples:

Hanna
Hanna
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ever August 8th 2014, 4:03 pm

Theory wasn't sure what to expect when she agreed to "play" with this girl. And as the wind clawed her hair out of her hood with the droplets of rain suddenly feeling like needles whenever they fell on her face as she was thrown up in the air with the full upper body strength of a lizard girl, her brain was caught in between regret, fascination, fear and pure survival instincts. At first, she kicked and flailed her arms wildly threw the air, as if that would slow her down. Her eyes couldn't stop blinking and her head couldn't stop thrashing to avoid the rain long enough for any kind of readable expression to form. She didn't have time to guess what it might have been, but tried to let go of the confusion. She couldn't slow down time, but she could trick her body into relaxing. Replacing what should have been a scream, with a deep breath, Theory let her eyes flutter shut..

Well that didn't last long! A gasp forced itself out of Theory's lungs as soon as she was suddenly plucked from the air by something cold and smooth, as if she weighed nothing. Once her head finally stopped spinning and her eyes settled on what had decided to save her life out of a whim. Her mouth stayed opened and her eyes blinked rapidly, unable to focus completely of the magnificent shine, "..W-Wow.." was all she could muster with a voice that was a choked whisper of awe. She gently drummed her fingers on the Beast-Girl's (new name pending, Theory understood it didn't exactly sound complimentary) scales, slightly relishing in the chilled feeling underneath her fingertips.

At the sound of shouting, Theory's eye snapped up to find the strange, silver haired figure, Theory having no idea how she missed her. That hair. A gorgeous silver colour, as natural as the dark brown strands drowned underneath Theory's deep, burgundy locks. She was beautiful. Somehow managing to drag her eyes off the woman, Theory scanned the body of which she was riding. Scales and spikes, wings and a tail. Holy mother of Saint Petersburg. A surge of excitement blasted through her body, like one hundred bullets and a thousand lightening bolts. Throwing both her hands into, Theory let out a laugh that could come close to expanding over the skies.

"I'm riding a dragon! I am on a dragon! A real dragon! Woooh!"

This was the most exhilarating experience of her life and she wanted the sky to know about it. The speed she was going at finally hit her and she quickly steadied her arms back on Hanna's back. She grinned sheepishly at the silver haired women, giving her a reply to what she said earlier.

"Sorry about that! I have a bad habit of irritating.. Well, almost anyone! This is the first time something like this has happened though, I must admit!" She cried out happily against the roar of the wind, tilting her head slightly and watching how the world below her blurred. Despite this blur, she could definitely make out trees...Lots of them... Very many of them. Her mental self clicked her tongue. Theo, you ain't in New York City anymore.

Truer words had never been spoken in her head. Where was this ride dropping her off? A shiver ran up her spine and it took her a moment to realise that it wasn't put of nerves. It didn't take long for Theory to notice the source of the temperature drop. She felt her head buzz and her ears ring as Hanna landed, pretty smoothly for a dragon.... Wait, how could she know what was smoothly for a dragon? Well anyone, Theory shook her head and saw the woman slide off. It was obvious that Theory had to follow suit.... But how? Was it.. Was it like a horse? Theory swung one leg over and her resulting topple to the ground gave her an answer. No. No, it was not like getting off a horse. Groaning, Theory rolled her shoulders and stretched out her arms, pulling herself up. She dusted herself off, looking up and turning around slowly, taking in her new surroundings. Her eyes nestled back on Hanna and the woman who had been riding her. Theory felt the urge to pull her jacket closer to her chest. Blinking, she frowned slightly.

"Leaving me to freeze or starve would keep me intact, technically. So would eating me alive, funnily enough." Theory clicked her tongue and her lips curved into a slight smile, very calm for someone who had just ridden on a dragon and was now suggesting ways of murder, "I really should think about my terms and conditions before I agree to games."

Ever
Ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top