The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Moth I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
The Moth I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
The Moth I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
The Moth I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The Moth I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
The Moth I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
The Moth I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
The Moth I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
The Moth I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
The Moth I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
The Moth I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
The Moth I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
The Moth I_vote_lcapThe Moth I_voting_barThe Moth I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Moth

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Moth Empty The Moth

Post by kinkajoublue June 3rd 2014, 11:43 am

The Moth

Basic Biography

Hero Name: Moth
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Were-mage: Moth form,  Caucasian
Hair: Dyed light blond, naturally brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5' 7
Weight: 140
Blood type: A+

The Looks

Sam has short blond hair and brown eyes, and likes to dress to be noticed.  In her hybrid form, her body is covered with a brown and white exoskeleton, has two pairs of arms, antennae, and moth wings that are red, white and brown.  Her monstrous form is fully insectoid.
(Pictures coming soon)

The Legacy

Personality:
It was always hoped that Sam would grow out of her hard-partying and hard-drinking personality she had as a teen  She did not.  However, through her travels with her mentor Garbhan, she's learned to control her crazier side better, as well as gained a deep interest in protecting others.  Always the optimist, she believes that anything can be done with enough effort.  What she most regrets is her loss of ability to read after she underwent the ritual that gave her her powers, and seeks to find a way around this hurdle.

History:
Sam grew up as a fairly normal city teen, until a magical mishap flung her into 12th century England.  The cause of the accident was a haywire spell cast by Garbhan, a man on the run on charges of witchcraft.  After attending to Garbhan and negotiating for his freedom, Garbhan revealed to her that he was a were-mage, a magician who used the powers of the Fey to cast spells and transform into a powerful demon-like creature.  He took her in as his apprentice, and performed the ritual that would bind the Fey's magic into her.  After three grueling days, the ritual was finally complete, and she transformed for the first time, revealing her werebeast form as that of the moth.  In the ritual she gained magic and power, but was altered in ways she could not have foreseen.  Her mind worked differently now; memories and dreams could only be differentiated from reality with difficulty, instincts became more difficult to control, and her mind ceased to be able to process written words or math.  Through careful training she learned to cope with her losses as well as seize the breadth of her magic.  Despite the marvel of the world she had stepped into, she wished that she could return home.  One day, the Fey came to her offering her return if she would relinquish her powers.  In an act of love, Garbhan made a bargain that the Fey could sap his magic for as long as he lived so long as the both of them could leave.  The Fey agreed, but not being terribly interested in accuracy the two were sent into this realm rather than Sam's own.  They currently live together with their two year old son in Chicago.

The Powers

Transformation (4 ABI) All were-mages can transform into three forms: their human form, their monstrous form, and their hybrid form.  The human form appears and function like an ordinary human.  Spells can be cast, but no extra physiological augmentation.  The monstrous form is unique to every mage, but it is characterized by being a nightmarish interpretation of a kind of animal.  It is exceptionally strong, but is completely driven by the instinct to feed on any living being.  The mage's intellect is overcome by instinct, and no spells can be cast.  The hybrid form is a compromise between the two as the mage can still cast spells and have a stronger physiology.  Transformation takes about 5 to 10 minutes of concentrated meditation that cannot be interrupted.  

Spellcasting  What mage has any business calling herself a mage without spellcasting? Sam casts spells by willing them to happen, no foreplanning is usually needed.  At the same time, she cannot create scrolls or runes to use her spells at a later time.  She acquires mana through eating animals in her monstrous form, and too much expenditure in a short period of time can force her to transform into her monstrous form.

Spell Dossier:

Grid: Human Form
Intelligence:
Occult: 4
Strength: 2
Speed: 2
Durability: 2
Ability: 4
Fighting Skills: 2
Magic: 6
Spells: 3
Flight: 0
Wealth:

Grid: Hybrid Form
Intelligence:
Occult: 4
Strength: 2
Speed: 5
Durability: 2
Magic: 6
Spells: 3
Flight: 2
Wealth:

Grid: Monstrous Form
Intelligence:
Occult: 0
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Durability: 7
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 2
Wealth:

Last edited by kinkajoublue on June 3rd 2014, 9:38 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed up some issues)
kinkajoublue
kinkajoublue

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-05-28

Back to top Go down

The Moth Empty Re: The Moth

Post by Forceaus June 3rd 2014, 1:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
^Use that

Transformation costs 2 points in ability per additional form, totaling 4.

Your spells will need durations and cooldowns applied to them. The sight spell will require other players' permission to use on characters.

The paranormal sensitivity power will cost 1 point in ability. The wing attack power will require some points spent into it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkajoublue June 3rd 2014, 2:03 pm

All right, I think I've doctored it up enough.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*flits around your head* Fear me!
Moth: Grid Quick Ref:
kinkajoublue
kinkajoublue

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus June 3rd 2014, 3:33 pm

If you want you can have the human form as a base form with 4 points spent into transformation(2 for each form), and the other two forms have only 2 points each spent and they just revert back to the human form instead of going from one to the other.

The monster form has 5 points in ability for some reason. Also none of the grids use all 30 available points. You don't have to use all 30 though. Just letting you know.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkajoublue June 3rd 2014, 9:40 pm

Made a few changes on the grid. All points have been put where I need 'em. I think it's polished enough now. Thanks for looking over my sheet.

*flits around your head* Fear me!
Moth: Grid Quick Ref:
kinkajoublue
kinkajoublue

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus June 3rd 2014, 9:43 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum