The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2024, 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) I_vote_lcapPost Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) I_voting_barPost Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) Empty Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone)

Post by Elena Vexus April 30th 2014, 4:52 pm

Alrighty, so to start I'll explain that anything I do or say Out Of Character will be THIS color text and surrounded by [brackets]. Anything that is done In Character will be THIS color, and any sort of speech will be in my standard pink

[So how we're going to start this is that I am going to launch a couple of attacks towards Spellstone or whatever character you decide to chose for this instruction.
Before I get into the actual post, its always important to describe your surrounding at least in somewhat detail. This better helps your RPing opponent to visualize the environment and reduces needed communication between posts, thus speeding up the topic overall.]

Elena Vexus stood in an open field surrounded on all sides by trees. The canopy of the leaves shielded the forest floor from most of the sunlight, only a couple of rays piercing through.

[It is always nice to include a picture of your environment if you can, again it helps everyone picture where the action is going down. Normally you would only need this in an opening post. Its also important to use various adjectives to be even more descriptive. If there is a common word that you use to describe places such as 'crowded' or 'empty' use synonyms like 'populated/overrun' or 'deserted/vacant' that way you can use your more popular adjectives later in the post as to not sound repetitive.]

There was slight gust that blew across the opening, slightly ruffling Elena's hair. She pushed it back behind her ear and continued to stand with her arms crossed along her chest. Soon there after, her opponent arrived.[Also, if you do have another individual in the topic give a spot where they can jump in. The more open you leave it, the easier it will be for the other character can make a post]

Not wasting a single moment, Vexus ripped a tree from the background and launched it towards her opponent. Following, a perfect cube of earth was pulled up from her left and also send flying towards this individual. The block of earth roughly weighed 800-1,000 lbs. Both were very straight forward attacks and would be relatively easy to counter or simply avoid.

[When attacking, use different 'time stamps' such as "First", "Following", "Immediately after", "Simultaneously" etc. if you are launching multiple moves. Also adding in descriptions of the attack (i.e. direction, weight, speed and so on) can help your opponent know what they can do based on their own stats. Sometimes its important to leave a way out]

Okay! So now I want you to go through and dodge/counter the two attacks that Elena sent at you and then send an attack or two, or three, or however many back. Also, give a description of how you arrived whether it be dramatic and epic, or sly and sneaky. Its just a practice so do not worry about length or using fancy words or anything. Just go about how you word normally, just taking some of the suggestions given into consideration. Oh, and have fun ^_^
Spidey

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ms. Elena Vexus
The General
Advancements: #1-#8
Elena Vexus
Elena Vexus
The Eternally Elegant Elena Vexus

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2011-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) Empty Re: Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone)

Post by Lingo April 30th 2014, 5:16 pm

The desolate field scape's calm was interrupted by a flaring green light and shortly afterwards a red cloak painting the air. The sudden arrival caused the leaves on the floor to scamper, spiral and swim in the wind. His arms folded over, and Spellstone gave the rather mundane field an unassuming glance. I prefer the city. he thought, before allowing his eyes to partially narrow. There was a woman in the field, dressed in rather... odd clothing - however Spellstone couldn't really judge you he was wearing a cape. The boy's toes lifted of the ground and he began levitating towards her both curiously and cautiously.

His caution paid off whenever the woman lifted a tree and a rock with her mind within an instant they were both flung towards Spellstone's body - he barely zipped to the side to avoid the tree and by channelling his own telekinetic magic from the stone and into his hands blasting the block of earth apart. "So that's how it is then!?" he turned and extended the dirty red energy into the ground and lifted up his own chunk of the earth - allbeit a much messier, and less efficient chunk. Swinging his body in a semi-circle, the boulder moved swiftly in an arc trying to smack into the side of this crazy lady, whoever she was!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) Iwanrheonsinging_zpse77ab8b6
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : I speak every language but bullshit.

Number of posts : 215
Humor : Bad Language
Registration date : 2013-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone) Empty Re: Post Enhancing and Sentence Diversity(Spellstone)

Post by Elena Vexus April 30th 2014, 11:21 pm

The boy was easily able to dodge the tree and uses his own sort of red-colored energy in order to destroy the rock. As a reply, he extracted his own piece of mother nature and swung it in an arc aiming to pulverize Elena. Vexus casually raised her right hand, and as the large piece of earth cam close enough it was shredded into hundreds of smaller pieces of rocks that orbited around her person for. In the next moment all of the rocks sped towards the male aiming to cause any sort of damage they could. The stones would attack from any and all angles, and if they missed they would orbit back around to try and attack again

Not much here, but for this one I want you to reply with not only the appropriate defense, but send back multiple attacks. Have some criss cross into each other, complicate it, do whatever. The point is just to use multiple attacks and get used to extending your posts and using different words to explain your actions so that you do not sound like you are repeating yourself.

Ms. Elena Vexus
The General
Elena Vexus
Elena Vexus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lingo May 2nd 2014, 11:37 am

Thrusting out his arms, 3 yellow streams extended from the Spellstone and wrapped around one another, forming a flat wall infront of him. Whenever the smaller projectiles hit against it it's glowing urine hued form cracked and then broke leaving only a few smaller pieces of earth, which Spellstone was capable of withstanding. Narrowing his eyes, he raised both his hands above his head and his eyes flickered green before he threw what appeared to be a small bolt at the ground beside him. In the same second two portals ripped open, one beside him on the ground and another on a tree beside Vexus. He began channeling his next spell, his mana bombs.

The 5 orange orbs flew from the Spellstone and started moving behind him in the outline of a circle before he extended both his arms in different directions. 3 of the glowing orbs went through the portal and out of the tree, moving to explode right beside Vexus; while the other 2 took a more direct approach and moved straight across the gap between her and Spellstone in an attempt to explode directly infront of her!

Mana Bomb:
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : I speak every language but bullshit.

Number of posts : 215
Humor : Bad Language
Registration date : 2013-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Elena Vexus May 5th 2014, 11:48 pm

An adequate response. The boy had successfully defended himself against the multitude of rocks, though her next move would not prove to be as easy to avoid. She raised both of her arms parallel with the ground and it was obvious that the air shifted, something had changed. However before she could execute her attack, the magician continued with his assault. Two portals opened, one at his feet and the other on a tree beside Elena. Vexus had activated her mechanical eye and analyzed the portals to whatever extent she could. It was clear they were on magical origin, be though as it may their signatures matched so they more than likely were connected to each other.

To help extend your posts, break down and explain your characters reasoning and process on how they saw the attacks happen and how they plan on countering them. Its not meta-gaming if everything you do is within your abilities and thoroughly explained.

Vexus figured that there would more than likely be an attack hailing from the portal beside her on top of a frontal strike. Five orange orbs appeared around the spell caster's body and moved to his will. Three of the orbs dove through the portal while the other two went with a forward strike. Immediately, Elena activated her Protéger Les Bijoux which at the last second shrouded her in a red barrier of light. The orbs went off in an explosion causing cracks in the shield to spiderweb across its length. Eventually the smoke and debris settled revealing that Elena remained unscathed.
She raised her arms again to continue her attack where she had left off. The air began to circle the battle field, first starting at the perimeter and then slowly shrinking inwards. As the circle got smaller, the rotation of the wind picked up beginning to form a funnel. Once small enough, the circle split off into three smaller variations of the funnel and all three of them touched down to the ground. The wind now violently tearing through the open plain, trees barely staying in place. The three tornadoes were closing in on the magician and fast. Though Vexus remained extremely focused, as manipulation on this scale was not common nor easy for her. The red glare of her mechanical eye shone through the violent gusts throwing about thick clouds of dust and debris, her other eye remained shut. This being for protection and because she didn't need any more sensory input. Her mind was focused enough.

So this attack took a little more preparation to bring to speed because Vexus is a telekinetic, not an aero-kinetic or whatever they're called. Be though as it may, dodge however you see fit, as for the counter attack try something daring. Do something that you might think would be too much, and then just go a tiny bit further. Since this is all for training purposes feel free to push the limits a little bit. Also, none of it is actually happening. This has no effect on Vexus, or Spellstone, as a character. So if they ever meet in another topic, it would be for the first time.
Have fun! Spidey

Ms. Elena Vexus
The General
Elena Vexus
Elena Vexus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top