The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
The Spirit I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Spirit I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
The Spirit I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
The Spirit I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
The Spirit I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Spirit I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
The Spirit I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
The Spirit I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Spirit I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Spirit I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
The Spirit I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
The Spirit I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
The Spirit I_vote_lcapThe Spirit I_voting_barThe Spirit I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Spirit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Spirit Empty The Spirit

Post by TheSpirit88 April 24th 2014, 7:17 am

The Spirit
Rest... In... Peace.

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: The Spirit
Title: Modern Jikininki Demon
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Race: Demon (Takes human form most of the time)
Hair: Black, long, past shoulder
Eyes: Cold and black (in human form); Blank, no pupils (in demon form)
Height: 6-feet 10-inches (in human form); 20-feet (in demon form)
Weight: 299 lbs (in human form); 499 lbs (in demon form)
Blood type: Rh Negative

The Looks

In Human Form
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

In Demon Form:
Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality: The Spirit is an incredibly mysterious individual.  He is a loner who does not get long with anyone.  Most of the time he tries to mind his own business in a liquor pub somewhere in the world drinking his thoughts away.  He spends his time drinking alone in the dark corner of a bar somewhere and traveling in the nights.  Some townspeople all over the world have claimed to have peered out of their windows in the middle of the night and seen a tall man in a long, dark trench coat walking by, with his near seven-foot tall stature striking fear in the hearts of many.  He always tries to mind his own business without any disturbances-- at least that's what the average person would think.

Any person that truly knows who The Spirit is knows that the information above is merely the tip of the iceberg.  The Spirit is a Jikininki demon, a demon that in order to survive requires to feed on human flesh.  He will never be the first to direct his word to you but if you mess with him, he will surely be the last as he utters his trademark three words before every killing-- Rest In Peace.  Those famous three words, not only are an Anagram of his human name: Trance Peise, but also are the most feared three words to be heard at night in the Southern half of the United States where the legend of The Spirit runs wild.

In human form, The Spirit is already an extremely dangerous and deadly individual but there's more.  Legend has it that in very rare occasions, triggered by a factor still unknown to mankind, The Spirit transforms from a seven-foot tattooed killer into a 20-foot winged, full-blown demon!  There are no witnesses of The Spirit's demon transformation but that is only because nobody has experienced the demon form and lived to tell the tale.  Word has been spoken that after the next transformation- the world as we know it will come to an end!

History: On January 22, 1850 Trance Piese was born in Death Valley, California- the driest area in North America and the hottest place in the world.  He was born to a couple that at the time was searching for Gold around the area during the California Gold Rush.  The intolerable dry heat, countless series of unsuccessful searches for gold, and the ultimate death of Trance's father due to dehydration were too much for the mother to endure and she forced herself to give up and return back to England.  Being terribly depressed, however, she decided that the baby brought back way too many sad memories and could not travel with her so she left him behind at the doorstep of a rather luxurious mansion in Clark County (now called Las Vegas).  

The mansion belonged to the Peise family-- a rich family with tremendous success in the oil industry and the gold mining industry.  The Peise family took the child and adopted him as their own, naming him Trance in the process.  Trance grew up rich in that mansion and became tremendously spoiled and arrogant as a result.   He knew very well that he was adopted but he didn't mind- his parents seemed to love him just as much as the rest of their children.  Plus, he wasn't the only adopted one.  His parents had also taken in an orphan by the name of Cain Peise.  Cain and Trance did not get along at all.  Cain was humble and respectful while Trance was arrogant and immensely rude.

One fateful night as the Peise family slept, Trance stayed up with nothing to do.  Bored out of his mind, he decided to experiment and he began playing with fire.  With barrels of oil all around the house, a tiny spark was all it took and the entire mansion was up in flames.  The fire was devastating and killed the entire Peise family.  The only survivor was Trance who, after seeing what he had done, decided to run away.  From that point forward, it all went downhill for Trance.  In 1868, Trance officially became an adult and began an alcohol addiction.  He became a drunkard, a drug addict, a fugitive of the law, and ultimately a murderer and rapist.  He was a terrible human being that caused infinite pain to many people.  Finally, in 1890 Trance had had enough of life and committed suicide.

Upon death, he was taken to the Gates for judgement.  Due to the terrible person he had become he was cursed and forced to return to the world he hated, being sentenced to 1000 years as a demon.  He underwent an excruciating procedure both physically and mentally and was returned to where it all began-- Death Valley.  He was given powerful abilities but was cursed as well.  As a punishment for being such a despicable human being he would be forced to survive by eating the dead corpses of people-- however, he prefers the live ones better.  He was also made incapable of feeling joy and just to add insult to injury, his taste buds were removed, making him incapable of tasting anything.

Now, 130 years after being released from Hell as a demon, he spends his time traveling at night searching for dinner and drinking away tasteless drinks in bars across America.  He is incapable of taste or joy but that's not the worst part: see, if he serves out his 870 remaining years as a demon he will finally be allowed to Rest In Peace... but if he somehow ends up dead, he will be sent to the chamber of suffering for eternity.  So the objective is easy... don't die.

The Powers

Power 1: Transformation: Transforms from his human form into a destructive, powerful, and incredibly deadly demon

Power 2: Flight: When in demon form he sprouts out wings that he uses to fly around anywhere he wants

Power 3: Superhuman Strength: Tremendously, physically strong

Power 4: Regenerative healing factor: Hardly ever gets hurt but the few times he does sustain injury, he is able to recover in no time whatsoever (okay, maybe it takes a couple minutes)

Grid (in human form)

Intelligence: 3
Occult: 3
Strength: 5
Speed: 3
Durability: 3
Ability: 2 (Transformation), 4 (Regeneration)
Fighting Skills: 4
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 0
Wealth: 1 (doesn't count)

Spoiler:

Last edited by TheSpirit88 on April 24th 2014, 5:27 pm; edited 6 times in total
TheSpirit88
TheSpirit88

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

The Spirit Empty Re: The Spirit

Post by Forceaus April 24th 2014, 2:14 pm

The first 3 levels of intelligence and occult equate for each other. You don't need to spend points in both.

For transformation, it would cost 2 points in ability and each form would require its own grid.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSpirit88 April 24th 2014, 3:41 pm

Okay... fixed it. Other than that am I approved?
TheSpirit88
TheSpirit88

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 24th 2014, 3:47 pm

Both forms need to spend 2 points for transformation. You also need to show the difference between the points spent on transformation and the ones on regeneration. It would look like this:
Ability: 2(Transformation), #(Regeneration)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSpirit88 April 24th 2014, 4:06 pm

Okay. Done... I think.
TheSpirit88
TheSpirit88

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 24th 2014, 4:23 pm

You have 23 points spent in human grid and 28 in demon grid. Are you going to use all 30 or leave them as is?

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSpirit88 April 24th 2014, 5:28 pm

As a demon, I'll use all 30. As a human, I'll only use 24. That is in order to really make the demon stand out and be stronger! Now am I approved?
TheSpirit88
TheSpirit88

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 24th 2014, 5:37 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top