The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Odien I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Odien I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Odien I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Odien I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Odien I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Odien I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Odien I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Odien I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Odien I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Odien I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Odien I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Odien I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Odien I_vote_lcapOdien I_voting_barOdien I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Odien

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Odien Empty Odien

Post by Odien April 11th 2014, 10:54 pm

Sam Chambers
"Others have often claimed to be someone's "worst enemy". I am nowhere near arrogant enough to believe that of myself, in a world with such powerful individuals. However, cross me, and I will kill you."

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Odien
Title: N/A
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Race: Human-Caucasian
Hair: Fair light brown/Dirty Blonde,
Eyes: A pale blue
Height: 6’10”
Weight: 485 lbs
Blood type: O Negative

The Looks

Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality:

If the world were a game of chess, Sam would be best suited as either a pawn or knight (and as he loathes the idea of being manipulated, it is better fitting to say knight). He has a clear view of how the world should be, and will do his damndest to see that his vision will be (though, as seen by the knight analogy above, he doesn’t wish to lead, rather to carry out orders of a master whose intent he agrees with).
He can be seen as a generally decent guy by those who are sided with him. For better or worst, he is quick to make bad puns or use movie references, and is a huge fan of satire. Commonly bearing a smirk or lopsided grin, it would seem as if he was always in a good mood, which he usually is. However, when the situation requires it of him, he can become stoic and cold, though these times are relativley rare to come, and typically fade rather quickly.

History:

Those dubbed metahumans by society have long been misunderstood, feared and hated. To have a child that displayed signs of being such an individual would be unbearable to most.  However, there are a brazen few who, in the absence of powers themselves, would (sometimes quite literally) give an arm and a leg for their children to be born with such a “gift”. Nathaniel Chambers was one such man.

Mr. Chambers had a very peculiar set of morals and interests, and the powers possessed by Metahumans and the like fell into the latter group. It pained him to no end that both his late brother and sister had abilities far beyond his own; it was God’s greatest cruelty that his Nathaniel’s parents produced three children, and both the two younger ones were Metahuman, while the eldest was purely mundane. He would have shone bright, given his natural intellect and determination to be the best, if not for his being cast into the shadow of his younger siblings.

As such, he dedicated his life to researching the Meta-Gene, most specifically the hereditary characteristics of it. When his sister (Who possessed the ability to heal herself rapidly and extreme reflexes) and his brother (Born with a  durability far surpassing that of a normal human) died of “natural causes” (if one can consider being murdered by one’s enemies natural), Nathaniel took a sample of both of their DNAs to compare to his own. After three years of research and experimentation, he isolated the chromosome responsible for their powers, and amplified its effects. Chambers had originally planned to introduce the active Meta-Gene into his own body, granting him unworldly skills. However, after many failed experiments in which he attempted to combine the gene with samples of his own cells, it became apparent that his own body could not support the Meta-Gene. There were rumors in the scientific community, however, that there were individuals who had managed to grant themselves and others with Metahuman gifts.

With these rumors in mind, Nathaniel came to the conclusion that the only way he would be able to see even a measure of these powers was to give them to a child, prenatally. After producing the required male material to procreate and receiving donated eggs from a female who had a Metahuman father, he began the process of creating what is known as a “Test Tube Baby”. While the child was developing, he inserted the activated Meta-Genes from his late family members into it.

When the child was “born”, he was named Samuel, after Nathaniel’s brother. Samuel showed that he did in fact possess the abilities of his aunt and uncle, pleasing his father to an immeasurable length. He grew up with a somewhat sheltered life, being tutored by his father until the age of twelve, and then attending private school until adulthood. While he did not inherit his father’s obsession with those beyond human, he did share Nathaniel’s “peculiar set of morals”. Most notable of these were that orders should be followed, unless they are perceived, without a doubt, to cause more  harm to those carrying them out than good to whoever gave the orders, and that people, for the most part, do not know how to govern themselves, and as such should have a very firm hand to “guide” them.

Nathaniel died on May 17, 2019, the day that Samuel turned twenty-seven. Since that time Sam has roamed across the States (and spent  a little time in Europe and South-Eastern Asia) doing a whole lot of everything and nothing at once (meaning he has been screwing around for the most part).

The Powers and Weaknesses

Power 1: Regeneration-Sam’s body can heal injuries that manage to harm him past his extreme durability with more severe injuries taking a longer amount of time. While unconscious, healing takes a longer amount of time, but still works at a ludicrously fast pace.

Power 2: High Durability-Rather self-explanatory here, Samuel’s body is nigh impossible for an average human to harm, and difficult for most of the metahuman variety. He can go days without breathing, and needs to eat and drink around one fifteenth as often as an average person. Very few natural illnesses can affect him, and he requires only .5-2 hours of sleep weekly, though Sam can function for a few weeks before sleep deprivation begins to take its toll on his body.  

Power 3: Suprahuman Strength- Odien's muscles have developed to an extremely dense mass, as a result of the Metadisease he was afflicted with, the cure for said disease, and the experimentation following while in prison. With this new found strength, is capable of lifting and pushing far more than would be attainable for an ordinary man.

Weakness 1: PTSD: Odien suffers from a severe case of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, the result of several emotionally jarring events in recent years, the illness that racked his mind and body, and the resulting treatment. As such he is prone to paranoia, anxiety attacks, anger issues, and a host of other personality defects.

Weakness 2: Self Control: Odien has issues with anger, as a result of the PTSD. While in combat this could be detrimental to he and his "team", as when experiencing a severe bout of anger/anxiety, he loses the distinction between friend and foe, and is likely to turn on his allies. While he is capable of controlling this, it will hinder his combat prowess, as he is constantly having to watch himself.

Weakness 3: Temporary Amnesia: In periods of time varying from once every three months to four times daily, Odien may experience a loss of memory. This ranges from forgetting what he walked into a room for, to who he is entirely.

Physical Priority
First: Endurance
Second: Strength
Third: Reflexes
Fourth: Agility

Last edited by Odien on April 12th 2015, 2:11 pm; edited 17 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : [20:06:47] * Odien has sex with Mike [20:07:20] Zell : So did his half brother, don't get excited about it Odien lol

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 412
Location : [17:31:53] @ Forceaus : Not killing the innocent is part of being a hero to begin with
Humor : [19:30:11 19/01/15] @ Bliss : It's like holding someone's head underwater and forgetting they aren't a fish
Registration date : 2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Odien Empty Re: Odien

Post by Odien April 12th 2014, 9:12 pm

As the title now states, this is finished and awaits approval at your earliest convenience Very Happy

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : [20:06:47] * Odien has sex with Mike [20:07:20] Zell : So did his half brother, don't get excited about it Odien lol

Location : [17:31:53] @ Forceaus : Not killing the innocent is part of being a hero to begin with
Humor : [19:30:11 19/01/15] @ Bliss : It's like holding someone's head underwater and forgetting they aren't a fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 12th 2014, 9:33 pm

You have 31 points spent. That's 1 too many.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Odien April 12th 2014, 9:46 pm

Edited.

Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 12th 2014, 9:48 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 17th 2014, 1:04 pm

Unapproved per request

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 17th 2014, 1:23 pm

Reapproved

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dissonance June 24th 2014, 7:14 pm

Unapproved by request.

Illuminati - Freedom is weakness, Freedom... Is an illusion.
Dissonance
Dissonance
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2014-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Odien September 28th 2014, 11:58 am

Retired.

Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus January 5th 2015, 5:24 pm

No longer retired

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Odien March 4th 2015, 4:23 pm

Unapproving for conversion to new system.

Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Odien March 4th 2015, 4:56 pm

Ready for review.

Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus March 4th 2015, 5:13 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard April 3rd 2018, 2:16 pm

Unapproved for edits!/rehaul.

-My DeviantArt-
Odien JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top