The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Thomas Blake I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Thomas Blake I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Thomas Blake I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Thomas Blake I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Thomas Blake I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Thomas Blake I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Thomas Blake I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Thomas Blake I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Thomas Blake I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Thomas Blake I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Thomas Blake I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Thomas Blake I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Thomas Blake I_vote_lcapThomas Blake I_voting_barThomas Blake I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Thomas Blake

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thomas Blake Empty Thomas Blake

Post by w0b85 March 16th 2014, 10:35 pm

Thomas Blake
The Spectre on the Moor

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Thomas Blake
Title: The Spectre on the Moor
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Race: Hybrid Human
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Height: 6' 5''
Weight: 150 lbs
Blood type: O-

The Looks

Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality: Thomas loves no-one, to him mankind is a pestilence ridden beast that needs to put out of its misery but not before every single member of the human race has felt pain, sorrow and suffering. He sees himself as the ultimate bringer of sorrow upon humanity and woe betide anyone who thinks otherwise. Thomas may take the side of the superheroes to rid the world of a being who causes more grief than he does however he will turn on his temporary allies at the drop of a hat.
Thomas works alone most of the time and prefers his own company to that of others however he is not above "teaming up" and using others to benefit his own ends. His only loyalty is to the cause which he follows, he follows no laws, no moral code, no-one but his own orders unless it aids him in completing his goal. Thomas is a schemer and plotter, he always has his own agenda in a situation. He is cold and merciless to anyone he does not think can benefit his personal agenda. He is an eccentric who enjoys disgusting and surprising people he comes into contact with.

History: Helen Blake was inexplicably with child during the summer of 1782, much to the shock of the locals who had seen neither hide nor hair of any suitors for many months. She gave birth to a healthy baby boy on the 17th of November 1782, she named him Thomas after her grandfather. She never told anyone that a few months before she had found herself with child she had had a most peculiar dream. She had dreamt that a shadowy figure had visited her in the night, he said that he was from another world and that she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. Helen had dismissed it as a silly dream but she now she wondered if the dream meant something more.
Thomas and his mother were very happy together despite the rumours and the name calling. The were adequately comfortable in the country cottage on the moors of Yorkshire however a few weeks after Thomas' sixth birthday things began to fall apart. Thomas had received a mysterious book from an unknown benefactor for his birthday. It was a most peculiar book full of ancient runes and mystic words that Helen could not make any sense of however to Thomas it made perfect sense and he would spend hours pouring over its secrets.
The book contained spells and incantations that Thomas learnt he a natural gift for. It also detailed the history of some forgotten race of people that had moved to another existence thousands of years ago. Thomas dreamt that someday these beings would whisk him away to this place so he and his mother could live in peace.
Rumours started to spread that the Blake boy was fraternizing with the devil himself and that the boy was studying witchcraft. Helen and Thomas started receiving numerous death threats on a weekly basis and late at night horrendous slanders could be heard across the moors near their house. This continued for a few years and Helen tried to keep Thomas from practicing his magic in view of the local town.
It soon became apparent that Thomas and his mother had to leave their home for fear of being murdered in their beds. Helen sold the house to a wealthy couple from the city but soon the news spread that the Helen and her son were leaving. The night before Thomas and his mother were bound to leave for Manchester a few violent individuals took it upon themselves to save Britain from the menace that was Thomas Blake, a ten year old boy. They torched the house during the night and left before the screams began to echo round the moors.
Thomas was awoken by his mother who gave him just enough time to escape before the roof of the house collapsed in on itself Helen was beyond saving. Thomas tried every and all incantations he knew but he could not save his mother from the burning building. With only the clothes on his back the mysterious book in his possession, he fled deep into the moors as he knew no-one in the town would help him.
An inquest was set up to discover who had torched the house however amongst all the towns folk no-one knew anything about the burning of the house nor the people who had lived their. It was also a strange thing when, a full seventy years or so later, the whole town that had known nothing of the burning building on the hill suddenly disappeared over night. Neither the buildings that had stood their for generations nor the towns folk who had occupied them were ever seen again as if they had been swallowed by the very earth itself.
Thomas found that he need little food or water to survive on the moors and stayed their for what felt like a lifetime shrouded only in a thin piece of black cloth which he fashioned from his old clothes. One day he finally ventured down into a town which he had stumbled upon while roaming aimlessly about the moors.
He had not seen himself in a mirror for he did not know how many years and upon finally seeing himself, he did not recognize the that stared back at him from the shop window. He was much older, he looked almost thirty and his skin was so pale it seemed translucent. His hair was unkempt and wiry and his eyes had devolved into inky black pools.
Searching around the town further he found that the year was 1850, but that would make him almost seventy years old, yet he seemed to have the body of a much younger man. Thomas wandering back onto the moor in haze of confusion, was he insane or was some sinister force keeping him alive only to let wallow in his miserable existence. Exhausted he collapsed on the moors and dreamt a peculiar dream.
He was visited by a shadowy figure who said that he was his father and that he had come from another world to wed his mother. In his mother's dream she and the shadowy figure had lived a long and happy lifetime together. He had orchestrated the buying of their house and was planning on taking Thomas and his mother to come live with him however she had been taken from him and he was too grief stricken to look at his child's face for fear of seeing her within him.
Thomas and his father talked long into the night and into early morning about a great many things but the most important was left till last. Thomas' father gave him a choice. He wipe his memory of all the events of his life and give him an ordinary life in which he would die a natural death and know nothing of his father or his mother's death. The second option however sounded more appealing to both Thomas and his father. Use the gifts he had been given and the skills he had learnt to take vengeance upon a race of people who had murdered his mother and robbed Thomas of childhood and innocence. once he had obtained the ultimate revenge upon mankind he could live with his father forever in this other world of which he often spoke of.
Thomas knew immediately that he would take revenge upon mankind until he drew his last breath, he knew he wasn't immortal but he was going to live a long time and he would fill that time with suffering and misery. He would and could die one day but taking revenge upon all mankind was a gargantuan task so it would  take many human lifetimes were needed to complete the task.

The Powers

Power 1: Heightened senses-The person has senses beyond that of the average human and are able to use these in various scenarios to aid them.

Power 2: Magic-The user is able to cast magical spells which cause various affects

Power 3: Occult Mastery-The person has a vast knowledge of the dark arts and can use this knowledge to create a great number of useful items and concoctions.

Power 4: Commune with minds-The person is able to communicate across great distances those who have let them into their minds. The person cannot read their thoughts simply send messages into the mind of a person who has offered entrance into their mind.

Spells:

Basic:
Illusion of image-The illusionist is able to conjure up images of different items of clothing or change their features and body proportions, or that of anyone close to the caster to fool a person into believing that what they see is true. This does not mean the caster physically changes their body or clothing but changes the perception that people view of the caster.

Illusion of perception-The illusionist is able to fool passers by into ignoring the caster completely as long as the caster does not draw attention to themselves. The spell forces the eye to look around the caster and so are unable to focus upon the caster unless unwanted attention is drawn upon the caster.

Low:
Needles-The caster conjures unimaginably sharp needles that pierce the skin of a person. This will cause irritation to the person if struck by a single needle however if struck by multiple needles the piercing soon becomes quite painful.

Blindness-The caster sends a shroud of darkness to cover the eyes of a victim to cause temporary blindness for a few seconds. This causes no physical pain but is used as distraction method while the caster conjures higher level magic.

Medium:
Screech-The caster summons a deafening screech which flies in all directions around the caster. This spell can cause disorientation upon its victims if cast for a few seconds however it can cause serious mental and physical fatigue to victims if cast for more than ten seconds and even cause victims to be knocked out if exposed for too long.

Spirits of the dead-The caster summons any malevolent spirit that is near to assault the victim. This can cause convulsions, vomiting, fatigue, mental fog or mental anguish. The spirit disappears after it has assaulted the victim and cannot be summoned again for sometime, however the world is over populated with evil spirits wishing to cause havoc.  

High:
Illusion of surrounding-The illusionist casts a trap upon a surface, be it floor, skin or object. Once activated the victim is shown an illusion which the caster has preordained before hand by writing specific runes upon the trap. The caster can influence the illusion once it has been cast however the main aspects of the illusion cannot be changed once activated.

Black blades-The caster conjures up serrated blades which rise from the ground in any manner of way that the caster can imagine. These blades cause severe damage to the victim and if multiple blades pierce the victim, they can cause fatal injury.

Grid
Intelligence:
Occult: 8
Strength: 2
Speed: 1
Durability: 3
Ability: 1
Fighting Skills: 3
Magic: 8
Spells: 4
Flight: 0
Wealth: 1

Last edited by w0b85 on March 17th 2014, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
w0b85
w0b85

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-03-16

Back to top Go down

Thomas Blake Empty Re: Thomas Blake

Post by Chellizard March 17th 2014, 3:20 pm

Please use the code for the application and fill it out appropriately.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When finished with your app it should look like this app, for example: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by w0b85 March 17th 2014, 4:35 pm

Changes were made. How does it look?
w0b85
w0b85

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard March 18th 2014, 4:44 pm

Much better.

So long as you keep in mind that you cannot forcefully blind the character, but make the areas shrouded, you're good to go.

Approved and moved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top