The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Tidal Wave I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Tidal Wave I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Tidal Wave I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Tidal Wave I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Tidal Wave I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Tidal Wave I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Tidal Wave I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Tidal Wave I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Tidal Wave I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Tidal Wave I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Tidal Wave I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Tidal Wave I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Tidal Wave I_vote_lcapTidal Wave I_voting_barTidal Wave I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Tidal Wave

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tidal Wave Empty Tidal Wave

Post by Tidal Wave October 16th 2013, 6:13 pm

CHARACTER NAME
CHARACTER TITLE OR QUOTE

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Tidal Wave
Title: The Walking Typhoon
Alignment: Lawful Good
Race: Atlantean

Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Height: 6'11"
Weight: 200lbs
Blood type: O

The Looks

Looks:

The Legacy

Personality:

Tidal is a unusually happy fellow, he always looks at the bright side of things. He is always open to new things such to hear a new joke that he hadn't heard before, or experiencing new things. Though Tidal is known to be a bit dramatic when it comes to small things, such as if someone were to insult him he's more likely to mope in a corner then to just sit and ignore it. He is also a stickler for the rules, he will almost never break the rules unless there is no other way or if it conflicts with his own morals, though that is very rare. Other then that, Tidal has a strong sense of justice and duty he can't and won't abandon someone in trouble nor will he kill. He is very dependent on his water intake, while he can go a month without water, sanity wise he likes to drink 12 cups of water a day. If he goes to long without a glass of water, he can get violent.

History:

There are many things in this world that we remember, and many we regret. Tidal has many, but there is nothing he regrets more then the story of his forced departure from Atlantis. Tidal was your average 20 year-old Atlantean, he worked in the Atlantean legion. He was a foot solider, his job was to defend Atlantis from those who wanted to harm it. Yet who would want to harm the peaceful Atlanteans when most of the world didn't have knowledge of their existence. Unfortunately that word 'most' didn't include every land dweller on the blue planet known as earth. There were a few scientist poking their noses where it didn't belong, which usually ended in shipwrecks, but that was expected when you venture into the Bermuda triangle. Tidal's job was to guard the third line in Atlantis' defense.

To him it was a dull job, but one he had to do nonetheless, less he wanted to be prey to the general's fits of rage. He would stand his post watching the creatures of the deep, slowly pass him by. Inside he would wish that he could leave his post and swim along side the creatures of the deep. Though he never did, he would just watch them pass and sigh as they did. One day, he noticed that there weren't any fish swimming in the sea. He looked around wondering where they had gone, until he heard the sound of something breaking. Grabbing his trident he moved toward the sound. It was the second wall. A bunch of huge submarine-like machines had begun to invade through the cracks of the second wall. Piercing  it like a bullet through a cube of jello. There was no resistance, as though there wasn't a wall to begin with. Tidal would watch in amazement as the submarines would pierce through and behind them a mechanical octopus-like object would come through, completely shattering what was left of the second wall. Tidal would lift his trident and rush to join the battle. He would stab his trident at the armored submarines, but to no avail. In moments he would find himself at the wrong end of a underwater mechanical octopus leg. He would hit the wall and lose consciousness.

When he awoke he found himself surrounded by a wide array of dead Atlanteans. As tragic as it was Tidal had no time to lose his cool, he had to make sure Atlantis was alright. It was his duty. When he got there he was shocked to find that the second and first wall had been breached while he was out. Swimming closer to the city, he found what looked to be the royal legion Atlantis' greatest warriors fighting off the invaders. Unfortunately even they were having trouble with the the invaders. Though it seemed that they had dealt with the submarines. Since all of them had sunk to the bottom of the sea floor. It seemed they were destroyed before they could reach Atlantis. Tidal gripped his trident as he moved into the battle once again. After about an hour of being knocked around by the large creature he found himself crashing into the palace throne room. It had been long since evacuated but there was someone other then Tidal there. The Atlantean head mage, who was said to have pledge himself to Amphitrite. Which that in itself was impressive. To be pledge to a god in Atlantean culture was a great privilege, but came at a price. The mage had gained the ability to use magic and could see anything and anywhere in the ocean. He had obtained oneness with the ocean. Though now he could no longer fight. Becoming one with the ocean and all in it was a double edge sword. If he was close enough he would be able to know what his opponent would know, and feel their pain. It was such a stressful ordeal that it was better for the mage to stay in the city, away from the battle.

"What are you still doing here? I thought the city had been evacuated."

"It has, though I've been waiting for you."

"For me, why?"

"No time to explain, All I can say is that the only way for us to survive this is for you to get back in there."

"And do what? Is there a weak point that you know of? Something I can exploit."

"Nope."

"Then what am I suppose to do?"

"Hmmmmmm, Maybe you could pledge yourself to a god."

"But how is Amphirite going to help me... besides the ritual takes to long. we'll be dead before it's over."

"Who said your gonna pledge to Amphirite? There are other sea gods that can help us."

"Like who"

The mage smiled. "Triton."

"But still...."

"Don't worry about the ritual. I have that all covered... just sleep. When you awaken it will all be over." The mage said as he moved his hand across Tidal's face a wave of fatigue rushed across his body as he lost consciousness.

The mage would lay his hand over Tidal's chest, he would only let it hover. His hand would glow as he spoke in Greek. As he spoke runes would spring forth from his hands and form a ring around Tidal. They would hover as the mage chanted his mystical chant growing more and more complicated as the time went by. Ignoring the destruction that was being caused outside and to the castle he continued to chant. Once he was done the runes would enter Tidal's body and the mage would begin to walk away saying. "Ξυπνήστε, αγγελιοφόρος της θάλασσας φέρει το μήνυμα της καταστροφής του εχθρού της Ατλαντίδας" Tidal's eyes would fling open and shot himself at the octopus machine. Stopping only only a few clicks away from the monster. Though he was not technically conscious, he felt as though the water had become apart of his body. He would let these hands grab each and every tentacle of the machine and slowly rip it apart. Then as the water created cracks in the machine's armor Tidal would push the water to fill the cracks to effectively pull the machine apart from the inside out. What only took a few minutes only felt like seconds. After Tidal ripped the Octopus apart, he would float himself back to Atlantis before he lost consciousness for the third time in one day.

When he awoke he found himself in a prison cell. Turned out in the commotion the King had been slain, and someone decided to blame Tidal. It was probably because he had become a pledge to a god, but not just any god. It was Triton. There was a legend amoung the Atlantean people, that if one was able to pledge themselves to Triton and survive, they would bring the downfall of Atlantis. Triton's pledges had the tendency to either die right after getting their power or became too unstable to ever be let out of public eye. Tidal sighed, he understood what was going to happen to him next. He was going to be executed. So he had to get out of the cell. He was still tired from the battle with the octopus, and Triton's power came at a price. Tidal had given up abit of his strength in order to gain control over water. Which that in itself was considered, at least by his standards to be a fair trade off.

It wasn't until nightfall that he was able to make his escape. The mage that had given him his power came, he would knock on the bars to awaken Tidal. "So are you enjoying your stay?"

"No. Why am I here? Didn't you vouch for me?"

"Of course I did, but considering people believe I acted as a trigger to this.. No one would listen to me. I'm surprised I'm not right next to you... in chains."

"Can you at least get me out of here?"

"I can... but at a price."

"What?"

"Never come back to Atlantis, under any circumstances... Unless I call for you specifically. I'll investigate what happened"

Tidal was quiet for a moment. If he agreed he would leave everything he knew, if he stayed... he died.

"Alright. I'll go. So let me out of here."

"Very well."

The mage would say a few words and the bars of the jail would open. Taking Tidal he would lead him to outside ruins of what was Atlantis. Pointing Tidal in a random direction he would tell him to go. Tidal would begin to swim off away from Atlantis. To avoid his own death, for his own self-preservation. Though it was a logical reason for Tidal to leave, he didn't feel right about it.

The Powers

Power 1:
Water Manipulation: The definition of water manipulation is to be able to generate, control, and absorb water. Well Tidal can do all three, he can control, absorb water, and due to his curse he can summon water. He can pull water from anywhere, from a water source, plants, air, and even his own body. Though he'd prefer not to. He can manipulate the water in anyway as well, he can form water constructs to assist him in battle and pressurize it and fire it to crush his opponent with torrents of water. All he needs is the appropriate amount of water to be in the area.

Power 2:
Atlantean Physiology: Guess this could be considered a power, though it is his natural born ability. Being an Atlantean, Tidal can breath underwater and swim at high speed in water at least compared to humans. Due to living under the pressure of the ocean he has what the land dwellers would consider, a decent strength and durability. And because of this he feels comfortable in water and specializes in underwater battle.

Power 3:
Telepathy: One of Tidal's more... unused powers is his ability to communicate with others with his mind. Though he rarely uses it he is strong enough to call for help from most animals, both aquatic or land. As long as they are nearby. He also has the ability to read minds, though he prefers not to use it. It doesn't work well on humans though. They seem to be able to resist him from entering their mind if they are strong enough. Even so, he cannot control the minds of the animals directly, he can only give suggestions. So he cannot overwrite an animals instinct.

Grid
Intelligence:
Occult: 4
Strength: 3
Speed: 4
Durability: 5
Ability: 7 (6 for Water Manipulation and 1 for Waterbreathing)
Fighting Skills: 7
Magic: N/A
Spells: N/A
Flight: N/A
Wealth: 0

Last edited by Tidal Wave on October 18th 2013, 8:08 pm; edited 6 times in total
Tidal Wave
Tidal Wave

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down

Tidal Wave Empty Re: Tidal Wave

Post by Tidal Wave October 16th 2013, 11:44 pm

Finished

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tidal Wave
Tidal Wave

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 17th 2013, 3:13 pm

Need a point to breathe underwater. And you speed us running/swimming/flying speed. That's how our speed stat works. And I believe you've realized that FS covers Reflexes, too. c:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidal Wave October 17th 2013, 4:16 pm

Edited

Tidal Wave
Tidal Wave

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 17th 2013, 5:23 pm

The Telepathy, since I've thought over it, would be free. And you couldn't really use animals to fight for you without having some kind of summoning type ability bar. Cause those poor animals will just be used to be murdered. Sad

So I say your telepathy can be free/and RP mechanic.

Oh, and water solidified is Ice. So, you cannot solidify water.

Once that's fixed, I think we're good to go.

~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidal Wave October 17th 2013, 8:17 pm

Awww, so no random rabid squirrel attacks Sad some day.... *Looks out the window* some day...

Alright fixed.

Tidal Wave
Tidal Wave

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 17th 2013, 8:25 pm

You've used 31 points on your grid, you can't use your free 1 wealth to put elsewhere on the grid.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidal Wave October 18th 2013, 11:45 pm

fixed

Tidal Wave
Tidal Wave

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 19th 2013, 12:54 am

Alright, approved and moved. Welcome to Superhero RPG! Very Happy

~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top