The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
Black as Death (Closed to Sean) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Black as Death (Closed to Sean) I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
Black as Death (Closed to Sean) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Black as Death (Closed to Sean) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
Black as Death (Closed to Sean) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
Black as Death (Closed to Sean) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Black as Death (Closed to Sean) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Black as Death (Closed to Sean) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Black as Death (Closed to Sean) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
Black as Death (Closed to Sean) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
Black as Death (Closed to Sean) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
Black as Death (Closed to Sean) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Black as Death (Closed to Sean)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black as Death (Closed to Sean) Empty Black as Death (Closed to Sean)

Post by Zell October 15th 2013, 8:58 pm

What is the meaning of life? Are we to simply exist and to persist until the inevitable death that comes for us? What a dull existence these humans must lead. Though something is not right, something seemed to make the Ethereal Isles cry out over the eons of time, drifting through space and between dimensions. While to most the cries were silent, those whom knew what they were listening for. It was so shrill with such reverb that it sounded as the monsters of nightmares from even the most twisted of creation. The isles itself was clouded in dark clouds funneling down and the rain began to pour across the isles. Death’s embrace felt wet for the first time in it’s creation, the flames of the Fringe were not doused, but new smoke began to flood the bordering regions. The Veil’s unusual gravity and smog gasses began to clear form the air, and the beautiful stone from the road of revelation began to blotch dark colors where the rain made contact. The rain fell so fast and so hard that it turned to hail within the Final frost, hail so large and strong that even the denizens of the frozen land sought refuge. Even The edge of paradise was feeling the repercussions. While the rain was temperate and actually bearable, many of the citizens took to shelter and simply carried on with their days from the comfort of their homes, humbly ignorant to the true nature of the brewing storm.

The Ethereal King sat upon his throne, his eyes narrow and his face akin to that of chiseled stone. His glare was focused upon the door of the room from which he sat above all else. His eyes were fixated, and while the look of displeasure was enough to make any man shirk away, the glare was not directed. Instead it was a state of serious concentration. From inside the glowing emerald eyes, one could see the flashing and the deep turmoil within the creator’s consciousness. Something was wrong with him, and whatever it was, it did not bode well. From the outside looking in, it simply looked as if Ouroboros had been irritated, or if he were looking harshly with disapproval amongst another, but only to those closest, could they feel the difference. The Ethereal radiating from him was enough to choke a lesser being, true hatred and malice formed around him, and the throne room at the heart of Valhalla was beginning to warp and take the appearance that best suited the energy of its king.  Instead of it’s sophisticated splendor and pristine plating, it began to shift into dark harsh colors and large obsidian spikes forming from the ground around pillars, and tattering tapestries as the obsidian made it’s way up the wall like vines and the area it touched turning a purple black with necrotic looking veins cracking into the wall.
-------------
Ext. Start
-------------

However even the radical exterior alterations of The Black Castle were nothing in comparison to the cataclysmic change within the Ethereal King. Deep inside the soul of the Ethereal King was so darkened, so dreary and changed. From where the light of the Ethereal had once shown there was now only darkness, unwavering and all consuming within him. In order to discern the source of this change within him, he knew that he needed to do which must be done to learn and uncover the truth as to what was changing. Now he stood within the very manifestation of his soul. He stood in the ancient looking hallway, dark sand brick stones lined up into tall hallway walls on either side of him, and up above a flooding black liquid that seemed to be water, but did not fall nor drip upon him. He looked down the foreboding hallway, a scowl on his face as he saw and felt such darkness around him. He crossed his arms across his chest, closed his eyes with an annoyed ‘tsk’ and he made his way down the hallway, walking out into darkness. It had been too long since he had done this, secluded himself and simply meditated in this way. Who knows what surprises he was expecting to find within him.

The farther he walked within himself, the darker it got, and the more that the inky liquid with a sinister sheen could be seen. His eyes opened and his eyes hardened, his face darkened the farther he got in. This was not at all how it was supposed to be like. His soul was a temple, a place of harmony and total cooperation. What had changed to modify it as such? What could possibly be corrupting him from the inside like this? Not that it mattered, he would be rid of it within the hour, balance would be restored and it would be as if it never happened. If only it were that easy. As Ouroboros entered the main “Sanctuary” expecting to see it intact as the celestial paradise it once was, but it was paradise no longer. The sphere, the source of light was blackened over, slowly being devoured by the darkness, meanwhile all the lights in the area were being covered over by thin films of the inky darkness, changing it to dark purple hues and deeper blues. His emerald eyes shot open at the spectacle, how could such a darkness take such root in him so quickly without his knowing!? 

”Traitor…” A low growl let out. Ouroboros turned to look behind him t the source of the noise. With a fierce pain in his jaw he felt his entire body flip and fly through the air. Upon doing a 720 in the air, Ouroboros landed on the ground with a loud crack, the once strong and steadfast tiles of his soul, shattering beneath the slightest of pressure. He forced himself up as the tile gave out and fell into a large abyss of swirling black, dark purple and blue with the cracks of a brilliant red lightning. Ouroboros’ emerald green eyes widened to behold such chaos inside his own soul. What was this, hiding beneath the tile!? What secret was inside him that was so buried and covered up? ”over here…” the voice came as a deep coo. Ouroboro’s looked over to the sphere that was once an orb of innocence and light. There, atop of it, stood a creature he had not seen in quite some time.

For the first time, Ouroboros laid eyes upon his own monstrous form, the curse of Dark Ethereal. The monster, whose scales were once a celestial white, were now black as death, and innocent eyes now had a predatory gaze in place. Sever majestic horns, three on each side and one back from the top, all sweeping back reminding Ouroboros of fierce dragons, wings of black once of weightless and light, now filled with the blackness and too heavy to sustain the creature in flight. A tail made of a strange metallic looking sheen, and linking together doubled his body length and reverse bipedal legs and five fierce claws with dexterity and formation of hand like structures. Three rows of teeth and a dusky underbelly, al of this now stood before Ouroboros, and within a flash, as if by teleportation the creature was now in front of him. Ouroboros tried to move, but he was too slow. The creature lunged and threw him back into the hallway a small bit, before taking Ouro by the leg and twisting, throwing him like a discus onto the sphere of corrupted light. Ouroboros rolled off, gasping as blood trickled form his mouth. He tried to stand, but with a loud roar, the creature leapt, and landed right on the orb, crouched down, hand on the sphere, posting him ready to pounce again.

”What’s wrong? I thought YOU were the one destined to exist while I faded away?” The creature asked with a taunting chuckle. Ouroboros took a deep breath in, and with a flash of Ethereal eyes and turning around, Ouroboros forced all of his energy into the sphere of corrupted light, and with all his might, he tried to purge the corruption from it. It took all of his focus, but in a radiant display the entire area was purged, and the monster fell, dismembered form the orb. The walls were white once more, and he could feel his Ethereal power manifesting back into a state of normality. The appearance of his soul also began to return to it’s original state. The nice colors, the pure celestial lights. Ouroboros sighed, but as he turned to close his eyes and wake himself form his trance, he heard something. He looked to see a boy, a familiar one. Ouro wondered whom he was, until he saw the tattoo on his left arm. Zell, Ouroboros didn’t have time to react, which was a first. Zell had rushed him, took him by the throat and lifted him from the ground.

”I told you….” He said. A slick smile on his face.”You wouldn’t see me coming.”

------------
 End
------------

His eyes opened, and he found himself surrounded by an unfamiliar place, with strangely familiar face. Apparently whatever Ouroboros had been undergoing inside himself there was a cause for All of his children, Zakaken, and the councilors to gather in the throne room and try to wake him from his trance. With a thin smile Ouroboros stood up and he looked amongst them all. How he hated them, he would give anything to extinguish them, especially that backwater filth of a child that belonged to Sean. His blood boiled, but he still had that slick smile on his face.

”Tell your father that I need to see him in Los Angeles, He will be able to feel my energy once he’s there. Thank you.” The voice change was so subtle that none except Sean would know, but to the children it would likely be written off as the sound of his voice after being woken from a trance. He walked down towards the exit and he crossed his arms. Sean and Michael would be none the wiser, or so he hoped. This was his chance….

Zell was fighting back.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Black as Death (Closed to Sean) Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Black as Death (Closed to Sean) Empty Re: Black as Death (Closed to Sean)

Post by Arcana October 15th 2013, 9:42 pm

Michael let his sight scan over the city, leaning precariously against one of the windows that peered out from the highest point of the castle Valhalla. He sighed slightly bored, hopping down from the windowsill and tapping a foot lightly against the ground as the view from the window would become nearly unviewable from his vantage point now. If anything he could not help but curse genetics, but then again that was how the veritable dice roll of life went, and changing his height just felt too cheap. With his small amount of sightseeing done, Michael would do more walking around, perhaps he could annoy Jordan or maybe even hang around Shael for a little while. Maybe he could even just do the usual pranks that he played on the servants, considering that they reactions were almost always hilarious to him. While he was on his way to his daily mischief, something caught the male from behind and wrapped him up in a tight hug. Michael grumbled to himself, trying to break free.

”Dad stop.” He whined wriggling within the grasp.

”Or what?” Sean teased lightly, placing the male on his shoulder as he began to carry him around. ’I just thought I would hang out with my son while I’m around.” Sean noted with feigned innocence, carrying his diminutive son around, swaying to some kind of soundless tune.

”Does that mean you have to go back to that dark place again?” He didn’t sound too pleased with that. ”It’s so…boring there, and I don’t want you to go.” He would use Sean’s head as a rest, placing elbows on it was they would continue their trek. ”And I know Ouro will agree, he would rather you here instead of the plane of eternal reds and blacks.” If anything his son was a convincing debater.

”Don’t be so dramatic Michael; I’m only going to be gone for like a day, no more. The old farts around The Abyss are demanding and won’t shut up until I meet their whining, but I promise I’ll be back as soon as possible.” This seemed to put a smile on Michael’s lips.

”As long as you don’t bring that Sam guy, I think he’s…a little weird.”

’Fine.” Sean would say with a roll of his eyes as they stepped down a small flight of stairs.
------------------

He had been gone for that day, and when the time came for him to return, it was not to something that Sean had been expecting, though it was mostly that Ouroboros was not on the Isles. Michael was waiting for him on the steps of the palace, and with everything looking so strange around the island, that gave Sean cause for concern. ”Ouro’s not here right now, he said something about meeting him in….Los something or other, I think he sad Los Angeles. He said something about feeling his energy when you got there.” Sean raised an eyebrow as his son relayed the information, and sighed audibly as he would rip a while within the air, really wanting to relax after the long deliberations.

”Well I guess I’ll be back….again.” Sean scooped Michael into a tight hug. ”Go play with Shael or something, I’ll be back before you know it, and I do mean back this time.” he would rustle the males hair and then step through the rip before it closed, and then he would step out in LA. The energy readily revealed itself, and Sean would only need to follow it, running around the streets as he tried to figure out where it was coming from. It took only a few moments, and he came upon the male. ”You needed me for something?” He would ask casually leaning against the nearest thing that he could lean against.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 16th 2013, 12:08 am

Sean would soon find himself in the New Gene-Tech building, the newest addition in the cooperate powerhouse that was slowly making it’s way into the states. Ouroboros, or “Zell” rather, was waiting there for him. He stood atop a half story flight of stairs as Sean walked in and leaned on something. A wide smile was worn on his face as he stepped down slightly, the visor was already present on his right eye, and flashing things in a foreign ethereal language that Zell had no idea as to what it meant. All he truly knew was that he was back, and more powerful than ever. He held out his arms as if showing off the building.

”Come now…is that any way to greet me? Where’s my kiss?” Zell asked teasingly, although from the way he was saying it and the way his voice echoed it was a little hard to distinguish the difference, although it was obvious that his voice was slightly…altered. He took a few steps down the stairwell, making it halfway and stopping with a wide toothy grin. ”At this rate, I just might have to do something drastic to get your attention….maybe I can kill your kid?” He said. If it wasn’t apparent who was in control moments ago, it was now. Zell shed his coat and the tattoo that normally read Ouroboros now read Zell, as it had so long ago.

”I gotta say…I look GOOOOOD now.” Zell said with a smirk as he cracked his neck and snapped his fingers. Misanthropy appeared around the warped reality it created, and manifesting with a howl of pure agony. The blade went easily into the reinforced steel stair as Zell let it slip from his grasp. In a moment he looked back and slow clapped as Zakaken and Bastion walked into the room, both of them clear in their intent to shut Zell down. ”Well if it isn’t the old grouch and the failed experiment.” He said shaking his head. Zakaken took off in a run with a serious look on his face, Bastion began conjuring some form of Ethereal ward, the runic markings being ‘Gateway” :Eternal’ ‘Close’. Whatever Bastion was up to, it was clear to Zell and maybe even Sean, that they intended to put Zell to rest. Suddenly Ethereal energy filled the room, and Bastion was thrown against the wall, unconscious form the powerful Ethereal spark that spawned from thin air. Meanwhile, Zakaken’s head was in Zell’s hand, and with little effort, Ouroboros picked Zakaken up and with a cobra strike in the abdomen, Zakaken snarled in a muffled stone as he reached for the arm that had sunk into him with little effort. Zell smirked, let his face go, leaving him suspended on his left arm. He then whipped his arm out of the imperfect, and pulled out a small ancient looking hilt. Zakaken fell to the ground in a pool of his own blood and Zell smiled as he fluidly whipped his worst, and suddenly a blade of immense power was born. It was a blade of notorious nature, known for ending the lives of the self-proclaimed gods. The Godsbane Blade. Zell stabbed it into the ground on his left and with a snap of his fingers, the blades both seemed to lift, floating in mid air and seeming to sway and dance. In the past three second, Zell had already shown himself the more skilled of the two. Now all that was left to ask…

”Are you ready to pay?”   

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 16th 2013, 12:32 am

It was the moment that his eyes fell upon Ouroboros that he felt something odd, and the Nether within him would rebel at the sight of the male as if it too felt something odd, something disgusting. He said something in a joking manner, though it was uncharacteristic of the male that he knew and only added apprehension to the Titan and his heart rate accelerated lightly. It was when he mentioned killing his child that Sean knew what was happening, or atleast had a small idea at what was happening, and there was nothing good about it at all. All was revealed when he showed the tattoo that had now taken the shape of that bastards name, and Sean grew agitated beyond belief as what could be only described as rage filled his vision.

He would summon the dark blade misanthropy, though he could it its outcry, the outcry of being wielded by one as unworthy as the worm Zell Atterrius. Nether formed small tendrils as it would lash out against the ground, tearing through it with greater ease than the cursed blade as it the air would fill with the chaotic energy. It would dance around until he felt the energy of other, ones that he had felt before and Zakaken would appear, along with someone else from the Isles that he did not really know much about. They had perhaps noticed the change within Ouroboros, and that mean they were here to somehow fix what was happening, but Sean only saw one solution. While it may have not been the most favorable solution, the body would prove impossible to restrain, so shutting it down seemed like the only logical option.

He would let them attempt to deal with the now rampaging Ethereal being, but in the end they lacked the power, and were reduced to nothing in his wake. When that was done, he would turn his eyes upon the Titan, who sighed forlornly, as the energy would coalesce around his back and form into four hands of Nether connected by tendrils that waved around behind him, fingers clutching around at the thing air. ”I swear you are a fucking broken record. Do you have some misguided notion that you could kill me? Zell Atterrius, you are pathetic, so pathetic that I pity you. His voice was filled with venom, so much that it was surprising that none had not dripped from his mouth. ””Very well if you wanna play, come on.” One of the tendrils would beckon for him to come with one of its shadowy fingers.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 16th 2013, 9:33 pm

Without hesitation the floating swords flew towards Sean at blinding speeds. With a snap of Zell’s fingers, four more of the swords manifested and flew out behind the legendary blades. Godsbane was the first to reach Sean coming in with a natural impale. Zell showed no signs, but was desperately hoping for Sean to try and block it with that damn nether blade. Misanthropy also flew, close behind with a downwards hack that seemed to aim for splitting Sean in half. The four Ethereal blades all honed in on their target and each slashed out from different angels.

That was not the end, oh no he knew the black-haired menace was far too slippery to deal with so simply. Albeit that only made Zell the happier, that meant he was going to get the chance to enjoy this. Zell also found himself more than pleased with the new body, although Sean having sullied it only made him despise it. The thought of that pale flesh even touching a hair infuriated him. He had to pay for every fucking thing he did, every thought, every touch, ever breath. No sin would be left unaccounted for, especially not one that was committed against Shara. He just stood there though, arms crossed with a smirk as Sean would be forced to react. It was so humorous, for as riled up as Sean got him he knew that with his new body he need not fear Death, nor oblivion should it come to that. To Sean he probably came off as over confident, just sitting there with the smug grin and judgmental eyes cast down upon him, like a man to an ant.

”How does it feel to be on the other side? To watch Ouroboros decay away like a necrotic ridden rat!?” Zell snapped and when he did his pupils altered, something that Ouroboros had never done in front of Sean, and as such it may have looked like some unknown ability. In an Instant, Sean Michael Collin was instantly known to him and he could almost see every move his opponent made, before he even made it. Damnit, how could this monster have such power when I was so damn weak!? Zell hissed, his ethereal blood boiling, no erupting with power like a baking soda volcano, and Sean was the vinegar. He didn’t even move, he just stood there, his reluctance to even lift a finger was an insult to Sean in its own way, an insult he let out an uncharacteristically sinister smile at. Sean was going to suffer, and Zell was going to enjoy it.

…every…damn…minute.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 16th 2013, 9:56 pm

Zell did not waste a second in attacking Sean, but then again it was not an unexpected move really. If anything, Sean had come to be able to anticipate what the pathetic being would do before he would do it. He was dealing with six swords, two of which were more physical it seemed than the glowing Ethereal ones, but then again to think that these would kill him was foolish. Still, he did not have too much time to react as there was little space between them, though his Nether was a fast acting energy that would not allow him to be harmed by such direct attacks. Two of the extensions that had formed hands would move from his back, snaking away at impressive speeds, easily maneuvering in the path of the two blades that were already upon him.

Both would stop the blades known Godsbane and Misanthropy, one releasing a blast of energy that tore some of the black energy from the extremity, not that putting more energy could not fix that problem. Next came the slashes from the swords that were around a few feet from hitting their target, as the Nether from the remaining two arms formed would snake along his body, forming shields only inches away from his flesh as the blades would bite into them, craving scars deeply into the black constructs. With an immense force of will, the remaining limbs formed of Nether would flick the blades as they went tumbling through air, and stabbed into the floor.

Something about the male seemed overconfident, as if he were simply looking down upon an ant, and that annoyed Sean slightly. He had one moment of freedom, using borrowed power and suddenly he thought himself superior. The thought itself made Sean scoff. ”My my, someone’s a little full of themselves aren’t they?” He took note of the change within his eyes, an alteration that made pause for a moment as he considered what the hell had happened. It seemed another of his abilities that he had, something that Sean would have to learn firsthand. There was something interesting about that, but at the same time he did not look forward to finding out the hard way.

”He’s not going to rot away. Unlike you, Ouroboros isn’t weak; he isn’t a pathetic worm like you.” In an instant the Nether would lash out in the form of their own blades to destroy the four Ethereal Blades that had been formed only moments ago to injure him. ”I guess I will have to remind you of how weak you really are.”
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 17th 2013, 12:43 am

”Yes…I’m weak…but I’m more than powerful enough to repress that THING and finish you.” Zell said. Sean thought of him as weak, and perhaps it was true, but Zell would no longer be suppressed by that monster. He would do whatever it took to make Sean pay for what he had done to him…no…he could forgive Sean for that. It was what he did to HER that he couldn’t forgive. Zell smiled and shook his head at Sean. ”It’s funny…Ouroboros and I have one thing in common…. We both have you…Ouroboros lives to build you up…to help you, to be an equal. I just want to watch your worlds burn., and I’ll be the arson.”

What Sean did not notice is that pathetic attempt to destroy the Ethereal energy only scattered it as it brushed in the wind past him. Zell had focused and already activated his Ethereal control while Sean was talking prior to him. He began the word ‘burn’ and with a little focus he reformed the swords behind Sean stronger than ever in a flash and the blades shot right for him after he said ‘Arson’. It would be interesting to see Sean’s pathetic excuse of an energy match the power of the Ethereal. Without further notice the second Sean’s attention was drawn to the blades that struck form behind, Misanthropy and Godsbane both preformed diagonal uppercuts, trying to slash an X on Sean’s chest, Godsbane would once more let out a slash of Ethereal energy. It would be hard pressed to find anyone who would be able to take such an onslaught with ease, but as a precaution, Zell ‘s eyes began to glow fiercely. With a simple forcing of his eyes to open a little wider a flash of burning Ethereal energy exploded from right in front of Sean.

”You don’t really need to try to make me angry. By simply existing you’ve done it. The simple fact that you’ve desecrated my body is enough to make me sick and suicidal.” Zell said as there was a large cloud of smoke as debris from the Gene-Tech tile floor had been left to fall. The smoke began to pour out windows, but Sean was not able to be seen in the smoke, likewise it was highly improbable that Zell could be seen either. He still stood there, unmoving, arms crossed just as Ouroboros once did.”Come now, surely you aren’t going to let me look like your little boyfriend make it hard on you…” Zell said with a sigh. It wasn’t another second before his broiws scrunched and his eyes narrowed.

”Get out here…” He ordered.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 17th 2013, 1:14 am

Sean would not accept the words that spilled from the beings mouth; he could not accept them to be true. The Ouroboros he knew was not weak enough to be overshadowed by someone like Zell Atterrius, he was strong. Perhaps all he needed to do was beat Zell back into whatever oblivion that he had crawled from, but would that work, or would he have to kill both? There was one voice that seemed to shout within the back of his mind, one that demanded the loudest and carried a lot of weight. ”KILL!” it was within this moment that his vision grew blurry, pupils dilating and muscles growing strangely weak for a moment, though his energy itself did not show any signs of relenting as it had torn the Ethereal blades apart.

What really kept him from being skewered was that he sensed the fluctuation within Ethereal energy around him, and his constructs would have to react accordingly. Instead of focusing on one attack, and with the possibility of it being the only one, he would force the energy to form a thick barrier around him in the shape of a sphere. Each attack would damage the sphere, and the only one that managed to really make it through the barrier was the blade known as Godsbane, blade tip having formed a small mark along his cheek, as the black blood ran down his pale flesh in a line. There was then the explosion that otherwise forced his barrier apart, but left the Titan slightly unharmed, minus the small amount of blood.

Smoke took the place of visibility, and now he would be fighting totally blind. That voice grew in tempo, demanding and wanting. It filled him with a hunger, and that instability could be felt within the energy; the bloodlust radiating from him, one that waxed and waned like the moon, though it was rapid, like an erratic heartbeat.  In an instant the nether would expand at an alarmingly rapid rate, forming into dozens of the tendrils tipped with what looked like blades that tore through anything not strong enough to take it. They were only fed by the being that was creating it, and it seemed than he had more than enough energy to fuel their rapid spreading. If it sliced the body now controlled by Zell Atterrius, something within him did not care
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 17th 2013, 2:00 am

Finally the Titan wanted to play, he wasn’t the only one who knew how to use his powers. Zell didn’t even move he just chuckled as Godsbane reacted to his will, and suddenly Zell’s Ethereal energy covered both Misanthropy and Godsbane, and came through, piercing the darkness as if it were the only light capable of doing so. Zell rolled his eyes and the few tendrils that weren’t decimated by the flying blades, were to make contact with the Ethereal Sphere, likely able to dematerialize the nether upon touch, if his calculations were correct. This was however, the reaction to a single tendril, he was facing many. He watched as pale movements preceded the tendrils, revealing to him the very movements that his opponent was most likely to take. Zell just kept smiling, all the cards were in his hand. By then end of it, two tendrils would pass, and one was damaged to the point that it only scuffed him on the chest, to which the hydra skin would absorb and heal over almost instantly. The other one was instinctively wise, and it filled in the gap from where the other had broken through the defenses. This one was wise enough to seek out his face. Zell could have spawned the facial protection, but instead he showcased his lack of concern by moving his head back and the slash that would have taken off his head instead scratched his chin.

Zell’s look darkened as he brought up his right hand and snapped his finger, before folding his arms back into their normal cross. Ouroboros had leaned back, but his foot placement still hadn’t needed to move, and by this degree he had proven his point. More tendrils would likely spawn, so it looked as if Zell’s counter attack timing was going to be a short window. At the snap, an Ethereal construct formed, a hallway with walls of Ethereal energy, and the hallway enclosed, trapping them both in. Zell’s blades began circling around Sean, like watch one were a fan and the fans moving up and down, attempting to cause various cuts, and with the outbursts of ethereal slashes it was volatile. It was clear that there was only one thing that mattered now, and that was destroying Sean. Zell held out a palm and a flash of Ethereal energy was expelled from his hand aimed at Sean. Zell suddenly realized that he himself had grown tendrils of his own, and with a quick odd look with an arched eyebrow he scoffed.

”Tendrils? How rehashed.” Zell said as he looked back to Sean, with his current Ethereal powers, the tendrils were clearly powerful enough to match the Nether it was against. The seven tendrils shot out for Sean, each one charged to explode upon contact. Zell smiled as he simply watched in wait.

He’ll rue the day Shara…I promise.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 17th 2013, 2:25 am

Kill, destroy, and consume, these were the three words that would continue to run through his mind at a rapid tempo as if trying to blot out all other thoughts within his skull. He could have allowed them to take over, to overshadow his personality and reduce him to nothing but a being that was meant for slaughter, to completely destroy Zell and everything he was. In the end his attacks were mostly worthless, as it seemed the bastard was one step ahead of him, but he was using Ouroboros own powers against him. By all rights, Sean was sure that he would end up the loser in this equation, but he would not allow Zell Atterrius to run amuck in that body. He would not get the satisfaction of killing him, no, no way in any hell existed would he get that pleasure.

Even with all of his tendrils cut off, he would only force more to form as they would aim to lash out, but the newly made walls had stopped them within their tracks. Within this chaotic state, the two blades could easily cut through the many tendrils as Sean tried to make sure that they were kept up as quickly as they were destroyed. Blades and blasts of ethereal energy itself were what he had to contend with, and it seemed that he was the one at a disadvantage. It was the blades that kept him from noticing the blast that collided with the narrowest strands of tendrils near his body, and most of it managed to collide with the male.

In the wake of the collision, a small amount of dust and steam would have been thrown up and Sean could feel searing pain through his right arm, which had shot up reflexively; and coated itself with nether. That small barrier of black energy had mostly protected the flesh, but he could still feel the painful burning, as well as cold blood running down from probably a wound. He did not have much time to really react to the tendrils either, and the explosion was something that caught him off guard as he tried to react against them. Infact it destroyed the small nether barrier that he constructed, and sent the titan flying through the air, and then there was the sharp pain within his right thigh. With each bout of destruction, more dust would throw itself up, and all he could do was defend himself against this bastard Zell Atterrius.

For the King of the Titan, Sean was proving himself only to be inept as he believed his foe to be. He would attempt to stand to his feet, but something within his leg prevented that, and Sean was forced to examine that. A large shard of glass protruded from it, and small spurts of blood would squirt from between that blockage within the flesh. ”Dammit.” He muttered under his breath, fingers wrapping around the glass, as it would btie into that flesh as well and with a pull the glass would release its hold, as well as a spurt of blood that The Nether would quickly staunch. Wherever the hell this glass had come from, he knew that this fight was getting nowhere quickly. Even while he was prone, his energy was forming something to protect the one that wielded it. ”I guess I couldn’t hurt him…how pathetic.” With as much strength as possible, Sean forced himself to his feet.

In an instant all of the Nether energy he commanded would twist and contort until it formed what looked like a large dragon, forming only a good three meters ahead of Sean, and in an instant it would barrel towards Zell, leaving him nowhere but backwards to run.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 17th 2013, 3:10 am

”You’re even more pathetic then when we fought at the first Ti’tan invasion.” Zell said with a smug smile. It was a proud moment for him. To see the Titan struggling at the moment. His heart leapt, it truly leapt. For the first time…Zell felt alive, and not just a shadow of the man he once was. He felt like a dove, though even he knew he was nothing more than a falling sparrow, a blip in the pools of time. He was elated, full of life, the bittersweet taste of a minor victory. He had sealed the Titan’s fate.

The Titan would bring up some form of last resort trick, he summoned some form of Draconian entity. How dare he!? That was Zell’s trick and the bastard just up and took it from him! Yet another thing he needed to pay for. The Draconian entity was about three point one meters away from Sean and it hurdled at him, lumbering crashing and destroying everything nearby, the Ethereal walls included, which only made Ouroboros sneer, as the walls on his side had not been denaturalized yet, and the Dragon left him little ream for movement, save for backwards, but Zell would not run. No, going backwards was a sign of retreat, and the pathetic excuse for a Ti’tan didn’t deserve the association in even the most remote manner. The bastard forgot whom he was dealing with. He was dealing with one of the smartest men in the known world, not that half pint blonde ditz he had known, but Zell Atterrius the Ancestor Dragon. It was time Zell reminded him. Ouroboros started walking, and then he started running at full sprint towards the Dragon. At the last known possible second, Zell activated his Ethereal Transporter belt, and warped himself through reality, stationing right behind Sean. Sean would have thought that Zell had taken on the Dragon like a fool. It was a likely shock when he felt the Ethereal energy wrap itself around his waist, wrists and ankles, binding him to the ground. The more he thought about it, it wouldn’t surprise him if Sean wasn’t shocked at his actions and abilities. Within a second, the beautiful edge of Godsbane was at Sean’s throat with Zell’s smile and glowing eyes.

”You have no idea the futility of this battle…even IF you were to somehow managed to best me. I would simply reveal the past to him. You would go from the love of his life to the treacherous monster. What would you do then?” Zell asked. His eyes began to look more like Ouro’s and his energy began to shift, almost as if they were nearing a point of connection. ”I suppose we’ll never have to know, will we?” He gave a single forced chuckle, as if he were amused and then he brought the blade back and with one swift motion he would finish the Titan. He brought the blade across and the swing was in motion, his eyes hardened and determined. Suddenly, as if on a twinge, His eyes widened in a look of shock as his entire arm went limp and Godsbane dropped into the ground, shattering the tile. Zell’s jaw clenched as he suddenly realized that he had lost control over his ethereal energy, the bindings that held Sean fluttering off into the air as if it were a small light display. He cursed for many reasons namely he had been overpowered by the duality within him and the fact that now he was open…

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 17th 2013, 3:39 am

The bastard only ever teetered between anger and absolute smugness, as if he were a broken record, and all Sean could feel was absolute annoyance. The attack within itself was perhaps the last desperate struggles of a being too weak to kill the body of one that he cared for. If only the rest of his race could see how pathetic he was within this moment, no, if only that bastard Shi could see it, he would probably get some kind of sick enjoyment out of this, as well as everyone else whose toes Sean had stepped on to get what he wanted. He didn’t really even have the time to react as he found his limbs bound by Ethereal bindings, unable to move against the superior force holding his body down, and then he found the blade at his throat.

For a moment Sean let his breath freeze, feeling the cruel edge so close to slitting his throat; all it would take was a swift motion to end it all. He would monologue; of course he would waste his fucking time opening that goddamn mouth. Part of him wanted to yell “If you’re going to kill me, fucking do it already”, but that did not come out. It was within the finishing movement that he froze, as if something were stopping him from delivering the finishing blow, the blade would clatter to the ground as he seemed to freeze for a moment, and that gave Sean a small opening to do what he wanted to do so badly.  In an instant an appendage of Nether would form, erratic in shape, and with exceptional speed it would lash out at Zell, not aiming to harm him, or damage him, but to simply grip onto him and pin him against the nearest hard surface.

Of course he would make sure that it had some force behind it, likely hitting his head against something or whatever. ”You know for someone that was considered one of the greatest minds on the planet, you are pretty fucking stupid.” The hand that held the male would tighten, probably doing some damage by itself, and hopefully shutting his mouth. ”But I’m done playing around with you.” Another appendage of Nether in the form of a fist would form, aiming to shut the male up, if only temporarily.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 17th 2013, 4:06 am

”You turned me into a monster, what did you expect?” Zell said, within a moment he activated his Imperium protocol, blasting the wall releasing a haze within two meters, all things within that radius would begin to bleed internally, possibly hemorrhage as their insides began to be eaten away. Meanwhile Sean would find that he no longer was able to hold onto Zell, and in fact that Zell had become nothing more than an Ethereal mist. He reformed behind Sean, however he would not be seen, for he activated his newest little trinket, and suddenly the illusion was painted, Zell was nowhere nearby. Without further wait he activated his Life support, and his tendrils began to heal over and with it. Meanwhile the illusion would be painted clearly. Zell smiled, taking nothing but pride form the events that had transpired. Sean was now in the illusion of his choosing, it was based upon him after all. Meanwhile, Zell had other means to attend to. He closed his eyes for a brief moment, still in the sanctuary of the life support dome.

This bastard made a monster of me. If he wanted me to be a monster so bad…he can have a monster. Zell said with a smirk. The illusion progressing and suddenly Ethereal energy flooded the area, Zell activated the Death penalty, choosing the Glaive as his weapon of choice. He aimed the glaive at Sean and let out a fire, aiming to hit the bastard in the abdomen. The blast itself was not built to go through skin, just bruise. The blast itself also honed in, locking onto Sean and not relenting. This was over before I got started

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 17th 2013, 4:37 am

”Now that’s the pot calling the kettle black.” Sean muttered derisively. Zell was gone, and everything was becoming hazy, as if reality itself had begun to twist and buckle upon its own axis, vertigo taking over at that point as he felt his stomach threaten to upturn itself, and he was left unable to move within this strange sensation.

”I swear he only gets worst and worst.” A distinct female voice would note, resonating within his ears.

”Its that Zell guy, no matter what he never has the guts to just run him through.” A male voice joined hers. ’All he needs to do is spear him through and end all of it. Nothing really complicated about that is there?”

”Love makes one do crazy things, and we both know it’s more than just that, this was over before it even started. It’s sad really.”

’Sad that the great Titan king will be killed by his…..mate?”

”No, I was thinking more that he is going to be killed by that gaudy weapon, would have been lovely if he used something like a katana. He could feel his body wasting, or atleast something trying to force it to, but in the end his nether prevented anything lethal, though one could see the black spreading across portions of his body. ”And that damage is pretty nasty. Would have rotted anyone else to bits” Where had these voices come from anyway? ”He’s not going anywhere soon at any rate, poor dear.”

”Oh don’t get weepy on me.”

”Not weeping.”

”Sure you aren’t.” That was when there came the great amount of pain within his gut, as something collided with it and woke him from the strange torpor. The breath was knocked from his body, as the flesh below would bruise and anything in between it would be blown away. Now the male was just toying with him, but how else could he get off? ’Well I’ll be taking over, seem’s like this fool just seems content in playing around.”

”Fine but please don’t go overboard.”

”As if I would.” It seemed that whatever had been causing the strange voice was still playing around with him, and it was not good. The markings would begin to grow a bright red, as they began their expansion and then in an instant he felt strength unlike any before pour through him, as the ground around him began to turn into a necrotic black and his aura skyrocketed.

”You speak  so much about monsters, but you have yet to see what a true monster is.” Flesh knitted together, and burns would fall away to reveal the smooth pale flesh beneath, as he rose to his feet without a single doubt running through his mind.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 17th 2013, 8:00 pm

I could have killed him! Zell snapped. He was inside his mind once more, string at Ouroboros who stood with arms crossed and an arched eyebrow. Zell glared at him. Godsbane would have taken the Titan's head clean off, and even if it hadn't the Imperium protocol would have been more than enough, save the fact that Ouroboros intervened ever single time. Each time Zell went to strike, Ouroboros seized his train of thought and derailed it, causing a muscle failure or a klutzy faltering that would not have been made otherwise. Are you quite done now? He would wonder of the other version of himself.

I understand now. You are not Zell Atterrius, rather you are a fragment...a n echo of anger and hatred. Ouroboros thought as he observed the energies radiating from the figure of Zell Atterrius. Such a poison was inside him and he didn't even know how or why, granted he couldn't care any less than he did already. Ouroboros smirked and stood off the ground of his purified soul. Well this is interesting, but as you can see Sean is a Titan now, not this half-assed energy form, but a pure, nether-born Titan. You've officially overstayed your welcome. I'd purge you myself, but why would I waste the effort when my Titan can do it for me.

When Zell snapped back, having noted that there was a fully healed, fully marked Titan before him. His face twisted into a scowl, but he would not let it derail him. It was only another obstacle, one that he needed to overcome. One that he would overcome. The hared pulsing through him made Misanthropy roar out with glee as it fed from the hatred that pumped through him. He would not allow Ouroboros to be his limiter, oh no. He would make Ouroboros his weapon, one way or another. Sean assured him that he had never seen a true monster, although he was willing to quickly say the same of Sean.

Zell dissipated the illusion, revealing that now both Zell, his tendrils and Sean were fully healed and ready to go. Zell activated the visor's command and the nanites behind his eyes began to stimulate with a warm and fuzzy buzz as his eyes began to glow even brighter. The visor began to peel away and Zell shot out two continuous beams of Ethereal energy straight for Sean. Upon his will the beam ceased to persist after three seconds. Godsbane flew to Zell, and it placed itself in his hand as that he would be able to wield them himself.

"Oh thank god..." Zell said with a feighned chuckle and his eyes narrowed with a sickening smile. "I thought you might have actually done something unpredictable."

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top