The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Ethereal Isle I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Ethereal Isle I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Ethereal Isle I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Ethereal Isle I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Ethereal Isle I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Ethereal Isle I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Ethereal Isle I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Ethereal Isle I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Ethereal Isle I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Ethereal Isle I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Ethereal Isle I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Ethereal Isle I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Ethereal Isle I_vote_lcapEthereal Isle I_voting_barEthereal Isle I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Ethereal Isle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ethereal Isle Empty Ethereal Isle

Post by Zell September 5th 2013, 11:01 pm

"I didn't like the world humans made...so I made my own."

Place Name: Eden, The Ethereal Isle

Location: A magically concealed Island in the Bermuda triangle that serves as the ‘Clan-grounds’ for the beings of Ethereal energy. It is easily accessible, however the challenge lies in uncovering the secrets that the island holds, not in simply reaching it.

Apperance:
     The Clan-grounds are a magically terra-morphed island that is divided into several sections, sections that each serves a purpose for the members of the Clan, and also ward off any whom were able to make it past the magical wards. The Sections of the Clan-grounds include: “Death’s Embrace”, “Oasis”,  “The Fringe”, “Road of Revelation”, “The Veil”, “The Ruins of Ragnarox”, “The Final Frost”, “Shrine of Souls”, and finally “Ore paradísi” the surrounding area that is home to “Valhalla, The Black Castle”

Death’s Embrace:  This is a large, seemingly endless desert, filled with dangerous creatures and terrible elements that one must conqure before hoping to get any close to the city at it’s heart. This place is used as a trial ground for memebers of the city whom need a coming of age ceremony, or are exiled. The Harsh deserts lack all forms of veggitation and are known for harboring deep-sand worms.
Spoiler:
     Oasis:  This is a small settlement used by the inhabitants of the island. This is a half-way mark between The Fringe and the Oceans. There are Four Oasis locations, one in each cardinal direction. These places are kept stored with supplies and are run by select individuals. These small settlements are homes to those who have failed to conqure the deserts ot the trials farther in through the island.
Spoiler:
     The Fringe: This is a dead forest looking area, the ground is blackened and charred, as if a grand fire had overcome the land. Durring the day it can be seen that the veggitation regenerates by dusk. But every night the land burns in green ethereal fire until dawn, where the cycle begins again. The trek through this land is highly dangerous and will eventually lead you to the road that is called ‘The Road of Revelation’. These landss are filled with nightmareish creatures, and this place is often where the ashes of the cremated dead are placed, in accordance with customs of the ‘locals’. Thsi area is knwon to be inhabited by strange but harmless ghosts, and at night the ghsots become terirbly aggressive hounds of hell, made of pure hellfire.
Spoiler:
     Road of Revelation: This is a large path that leads you to a three-way split, each path is unmarked, and each path leads to a different destination. The left path brings you to “The Veil” the center path leads to “Soul Shrine”, and the right path leads to the Forsaken Fjord, or the Ruins of Ragnarox. This path is generally devoid of all hostiel life, save the occassional Islander that may attack.

The Veil:  This place is a place of wonder and macabre amazement. This place is literally a city of ghosts, in this location the veil between life and death is so thin that a human getting a headcold could casue them to slip into the other side. The Veil is location to one of the three Tribal pecies: The Hand of Death, a peice of an orb that is used to reveal the way to the city in the center of the island. Inside the Veil lies creaturest hat ususally rest within only the realms of death, and is home to a strong NPC known as Lych.
Spoiler:
     The Ruins of Ragnarox:  This is a place very strong with Aether energy, it is said that in this location is the energy of every life entity on the island, from plant life to islander, or even guests. This place is colorful, beautiful, and many time dangerous. Somewhere hidden in this land is a cave, in which there is a pragment to a spherical object, which is the key to enter the island’s city. This piece of the sphere is named: “The Jaws of Life”. The location of the sphere is on the top of the tower that sits in the edge of the island. It is believed that the top of the tower is amongst the clouds, where the heaves can touch the earth. It's a local legend that the tower is actually a large summoning catalyst.
Spoiler:

The Soul Shrine: This road is the location where the two fragments of the sphere must be joined. Once they are joined, the Alter transforms into a portal which will transport the ones whom have brought the peices together to The Final Frost. Once the teleporter has been used, the fragments magically return to their resting places. Before the portal will reveal itself however, there is a trial that must be completed and an Anciant guardian of the Island will awaken.
Spoiler:
     The Final Frost:  This is a ice land filled with the most powerful monsters on the island. This place is the place where all Death Penalties take place for the Islanders. This is also a large secret access to the oceans around the island for the islanders. It takes a series of caverns and caves to find yourself at the city. This place is home to a frost Dragon and a monster of unknown lineage.
Spoiler:
     “Ore paradísi”: Meaning literally “The Edge of Paradise”. Thsi is a utopian little society of imperfect beings, whom are under the delusion that they have been there since the beginning of time. This place is often reffered to by it;s inhabitants simpoy as Eden. The main attraction of it is the large black castle with Ethereal flames. Valhalla, The Black Castle. The Water that flows throughthis city is touched by Ethereal energy from the gathered ethereal energy of its inhabitants and has properties that sustain ones youth.
(Day):
Spoiler:
(Night):
Spoiler:

Valhalla, The Black Castle: This is the palace of the never fading Ouroboros, the creator and sustainer of not only the island, but the men and women and children that reside on it. The Castle itself is a large, highly fortified peice of technology, and the entire castle on the interior is buildt upon an Ethereal Lazarus zone, which makes combat inside the castle pointless, unless the Lazarus pit were ot be disabled.  The Castle come equipt with an armory and blacksmith, as well as state of the art lbratories, and magical research center, a large library, servants and the whole nine yards.
Spoiler:

History:
     An Island Terra-formed to serve as a habitat and safe-haven for any and all who seek harbor and are able to find the island. The Island itself is as old as anyone can remember, the morphing done to the island however is the work of ancient magic’s that were placed on the island, that when certain elements came into the equation the island could be altered and it’s true form could be unlocked and altered at will.  The island is the home to many different climates, each sustained by the magical energies of the island, and each filled with deadly creatures.
     The city and the castle formed in the only ‘safe’ place on the island was built in three days through the works of tedious magic’s and labor efforts of Ouroboros and his followers. Once formed the city and the castle were the safe-haven of the people. However it was not safe yet. With the study of magic’s Ouroboros learned of a way to ‘charm’ the island, to make it invisible and unable to be affected by humans (civilians, normal NPC’s without a PC, and PC’s with permission)

Wealth: 5 Wealth- Ouroboros

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ethereal Isle Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Ethereal Isle Empty Re: Ethereal Isle

Post by Arcana September 5th 2013, 11:04 pm

Approved until stated otherwise
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top