The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_vote_lcapB.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_voting_barB.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_vote_rcap 
ghost
B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_vote_lcapB.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_voting_barB.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo Empty B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo

Post by Elena Vexus July 2nd 2013, 12:55 am

She was bored. The Bionic Goddess of the modern world was bored. Elena Vexus sat in her large throne chair that overlooked the working station that was her Quantum Computer. Buried deep under Indian soil she operated the most complicated, most advanced, and most powerful computer in this planet's history. She had personally assembled it along with her late associate once known as Nightkill. Even with the computing power to virtually create another universe, she was still having trouble thinking of something to do. Dominus was quickly losing their luster, the Talons had fallen, and the rest of the metahuman population showed no signs of progress. Time passed far too slowly for her liking, such pointless existence would have killed her by now had her life cycle not been inorganic.
The one word which kept reoccurring through her through her processors was 'Evolution'. Vexus personally aimed to evolve above and beyond the slowly paced human race. At least on a higher plane of existence she would not need to deal with time passing so slowly. However, in order to evolve, she must first witness the process to plant the idea of evolutionary ideology not only within herself but within her all powerful computer. She could calculate all she wanted, but never would be able to reach a final conclusion to this problem of an elevated existence. It was the constant block Elena ran into being a cybernetic being. She lacked the creativity of a human mind and was constantly bound to logic and reason. Always needing prof, an explanation, science was and always would be the basis for all obstacles placed before her.
Vexus began purging the internet, searching the history of the world for any and all information pertaining to humans with supernatural powers. A brief run down is all she needed. What she was really after was the current higher-achy of supernatural abilities. The information from the past few years was difficult to sort, and it did not seem like there had been any steps forward. The group was too large. There were too many participants in the study and no variables. She would never be able to make any sort of progress on her research. She would need a controlled study group, and see them out to their full potential.
Moving over to another screen she began to pull up the names of some individuals. Her and some of her clones aided her in randomly selecting metas from the list of millions. There was a strict list of checks and balances that each of them went through to make sure that they would be right for the tests. There were two individuals who she knew of personally, and thought that there would be some more personalized tests for the couple of subjects.
After finding their names, Elena uncovered their locations, or at least areas in which they generally could be found. Now what she needed was a way to gather all of these individuals into one area. Moving from her throne into a lab area she would start to replicate the teleportation mechanism used to transport her swords from their resting position to her anywhere around the world in an instant. Modifying and condensing it into a small chip was the end product. Twelve of these chips were handed to a pair of her Android Clones who set off to find the test subjects and inject, ingest, and/or implant these teleportation chips in anyway that they could.
While the droids found her unsuspecting subjects, Vexus made her way to an uncharted island to set up camp. It would take her a few days to terraform the land according to her needs and appropriately hide the monitoring base. In that time all the clones should have distributed the chips to her subjects, and she would only activate the teleport after all of the chips had been 'handed out' once her remodeling had finished. Upon teleportation they will be pulled from where ever they are, whatever they are doing, and placed on this customized plot of land in the middle of the ocean.
There were four different terrains that the 12 individuals would be split up and transported to. Vexus had established the headquarters in side of a mountain  at the very center of the island. From here she would easily be able to see all the participants. She had constructed a dome over top of the island composted of her nano-mites and carbon nano tubes. The Carbon Nanotubes provided protection, where as the nano-mites would act as the sky and an all seeing eye for Vexus. In the Control Center Elena is able to monitor all physical aspects of the participants. This 'Battle Royale' of sorts is supposed to be to the death, however further study of her subjects after a traumatic experience may prove worth while. When any of the combatants heart rate and/or brain activity fall below a certain point they will be teleported from the battle field to the medical bay a few doors down from the Control Center where their wounds will be fully healed. Once the twelve of them arrived in their designated areas a voice boomed over the island to give instructions. It was a robotic voice, artificial, so that none of them would be able to recognize in case  had Vexus spoke.

"Attention participants. You have been brought here against your will as a test of ability. A mark must be made in the evolution of the human race and it will be you who shall make that mark. This is not a friendly science study. You will be fighting to your absolute maximum potential, and only one individual will make it out of this with their life. This one tenacious soul will be showered with gifts so great in value, so awesome in power, that they may strike the gods themselves down from their heavenly thrones... Do anything in order to survive... Good luck."

The individuals by the names of Espada, Tails, and Ryo would be fighting in the desert portion of the island.
Spoiler:
There was nothing in any direction as far as the untrained eye could see. The land was completely flat a void of any plants, animals, or even the slightest dip in the ground. The section of the here island had been completely obliterated leaving no cover of any sort. This could easily pose as the most difficult area to fight. Temperatures are scorching at 115 degrees (Fahrenheit) and climbing.
There are no restrictions, do as you please in order to win.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ms. Elena Vexus
The General
Advancements: #1-#8
Elena Vexus
Elena Vexus
The Eternally Elegant Elena Vexus

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2011-08-22

Back to top Go down

B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo Empty Re: B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo

Post by Ryo July 3rd 2013, 11:29 am

He appeared out of thin air, a shadow against the skyline and the scorching sun that beat down upon the featureless wasteland. His long black hair lifted infrequently as a taste of precious breeze flew by, and his dark eyes scanned the landscape coldly, a stark contrast the unrelenting heat now beating upon him. He held a what appeared to be a woman's head in his hand, though the bottom of the neck revealed it to be a machine. "Can dead men no longer rest in peace?" He asked of no one in particular. The clones had caught him with his pants down so to speak. He actually wasn't wearing any pants, or much else. He wore a long loose-fitting shitagi that did manage to cover his bits, at least while he was standing still.  The simple blue shirt was tied loosely, his muscular chest peaking out the top, and a katana in a simple black sheath was fastened to the side. A violet headband with the distinctive crest of the Oda clan displayed on the front kept his hair back.

Ryo listened silently in the heat as the disembodied voice explained the situation. Evolution? It seemed like there may more than his life at stake here, was Ryo representing humanity in some kind of racial war for supremacy? The cryptic message was hardly enough to draw any conclusions from, but luckily it mattered little to Ryo. His path was clear, a warrior fights. Ryo shifted his stance,  ignoring the pain of the hot ground burning against his bare feet. This whole situation disturbed him. The tournament, the unpleasant teleportation experience...it was too similar. Too similar to the tournament in the sky, where he suffered his first defeat and was deprived even of an honorable death. no one was close enough to sense their ki, but there were shadows at the edges of his sight that he assumed were opponents.

With only one path before him, Ryo yelled out at whoever was in earshot "I am Ryo-Shun, of Owari. whoever would my opponent come now!" The introduction was much shorter than usual, Ryo felt he had lost his titles when he suffered defeat by the demon's hand. He drew Gentou, the sun glaring off the blue-tinted blade, and held it above his head. He carefully released a breath, which became a visible mist despite the absurdly high temperature. He was ready.
Ryo
Ryo

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2013-03-05

Back to top Go down

B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo Empty Re: B.F.G.-Espada Versus Tails Versus Ryo

Post by Guest July 3rd 2013, 2:34 pm

Espada was used to being abducted at this point. He did what he always did, emerged into the new place he was “called” to and sunk into his own shadow to avoid detection. From this state he was able to move around without being detected, which was a blessing in and of itself. Espada could sense two remotely close shadows in this desert wasteland. With the silence of shadow, Espada slithered to the nearest of the two. He was careful to approach them through the cracks in the ground almost perfectly camouflaged into the ground. With incredible subtlety he slipped into the shadow of a warrior looking man, who had long hair and a sword of his own. Espada smirked, and his heart leapt at the prospect that his rapier would meet the blade of the warrior. But he was soon drawn to a voice that came over a loudspeaker.

Esapda cursed, but being a shadow it was not heard by any around him. He took relief in the fact that he was as a shadow at the moment however. The objective was to survive, and survival as a shadow was much easier. While hidden in shadow Espada knew no discomforts. Where his opponents would waste away in the sun he remained a cool temperate twenty degrees below them. He had an advantage. Here he could simply wait out the existences of the other players. They were exposed to elements he was immune to as a shadow, and it would prove to be a make or break situation. This warrior said something, but Espada paid no mind. He was safe for now. Even if threatened he was not exactly defenseless.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Talis July 3rd 2013, 6:41 pm

Talis appeared in the area as the others did, confused and frustrated as one who is abducted is often apt to be. "Foolishness, this path you have chosen!" He shouted up into the sky before he began to survey his surroundings, a scowl plastered upon his brow as his platinum hair and red eyes glared into the clouds above him. He settled his gaze upon the wasteland before him, wind whipping against his tight shirt and loose-fitting long coat. He could make out a figure in the distance-- not an undead, by the feeling he gathered. He could smell the blood that ran through the man's veins, and desired nothing more than to escape this place and resume his mission.

He decided that if anyone would understand the situation, it may well be the stranger some distance to his front. He walked on, shedding his coat as his body began to heat up. It was cold, like death. Room temperature some might say, and now the temperature was rising to match that of the outside, though the climb would be a slow one. He gradually approached the stranger that stood in the center of the desert, gritting his teeth in disgust as a voice rang out over the intercom, proclaiming they were in some kind of test, or 'tournament' as it seemed to be. He shouted out at the man who stood tall among the cracked floor of the desert, calling attention to himself.

"Stranger," he began, "Do you know who has obstructed my task? I do not wish to play games, but seek to visit vengeance upon the person who has meddled with the task I have been charged with carrying out. Speak quickly, or the innocence of death will replace the ignorance you hold current."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Characters:
The Reject (SU-17b: Paragon)
Alexander Meadows (Soulless King)
Talis (Death Knight)
Talis

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo July 6th 2013, 4:39 pm

"You are a fool if you believe there is innocence in death. Innocence is found in birth my friend. Death will not wash any blood off my hands." Ryo spoke loudly across the desolate field while maintaining his combat stance. "I have no hand in the events that brought us here, nor am I particularly evolved. In fact, I'm quite an outdated model." The Japanese man was unaware that he was speaking to one of the few people alive that was actually older than him. "Even so, I am a warrior. I can see from here that you are also one, and this place has been proclaimed a battlefield. Whatever made our paths meet here, the result is the same. We are warriors. We fight. Now Prepare yours-"

Ryo had tensed to move but before he had even finished issuing his challenge he stopped mid-word as he sensed a ki presence near him. Extremely near him, and it certainly hat not been there before. It felt like it was right behind him, though his eyes told him no one was there. Ryo had learned centuries ago not to rely on any one sense. "Do you think that you will gain victory in numbers? Your sorceries....do not deceive me!" Suddenly Ryo lept several feet straight up into the air. He simultaneously sheathed his blade and rotated his body in midair so that his feet pointed towards the sky, his shirt peeling down to reveal his impressive nudity to anyone that happened to be looking up. His chest facing the ground, he brought his hands to each side of it and pushed them forward while releasing his breath.  The air below him shimmered with a bluish tent as it rushed towards the ground, though it was difficult to see with the heat already bending the air. The blast of Ki raced towards the ground like the end of a giant hammer, Ryo was sacrificing precision for range. The blast of ki would strike down in roughly a ten feet diameter with blunt force. Spread across such a large area it wouldn't be a lethal hit, but it would certainly hurt and it would certainly knock down an invisible assassin, though Ryo was unaware this assassin had dwelt within his very own shadow rather than merely invisible. As the rippling air met the ground it tore the top layer off baked dirt away, sending up a geyser of dirt and dust in nearly a perfect circle as Ryo fell back to the ground just outside of it with his blade still sheathed and waited for the dust to settle, to see if he had struck his mystery assailant.

Last edited by Ryo on July 7th 2013, 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ryo
Ryo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 7th 2013, 2:43 pm

There were very few ways one could tell the pressence of Espada. These few ways are perhaps the very reason he is not the 'greatest' assassin. The man jumped and blasted some form of energy to the ground. Thank god the man jumped, had he not Espada would certainly have felt it. The poor man made a grand attempt, but from the looks of things Espada was favored by something divine. Had the man jumped a little lower then it would have been a whole new ballgame. The person only knew it felt an invisible force behind him, so perhaps it was time.
"nah, this S.O.B be trippin'. Gotta keep some trick up my sleeve." Espada said to himself within the shadow. But now that Espada knew about that energy things changed a bit. Being detected was one thing, but that kind of blast was a new peice to the puzzle. He had planned to ditch this guys shadow and head for the undead guy who probably didn't have any extra senses...but if this nudist here could manage another one of those blasts then it would be likely that it would damage the shadow he was in.
Espada also had a clear advantage at this second in time. The man was in mid air, and without flying abilities, Espada could easily maim him using his own shadow. So the split second decisioin would be to strike, or to keep the silent, and stealthy approach. It was to his favor to at least remain hidden until he saw both ability sets. Knowing the likely confusion in Talis, Espada took no chances and slipped into a crease in the ground and slithering along it, the already shaded creasd was the perfect camo. He slithered hoping to remain unseen until he was a safe distance from another beam. This way whatever sense the guy had would hopefully feign a death, but also keep the undehydrating Espada able to observe in the cracks of the baren ground, almost perfectly undetectible and unaffectible by the conflict about to begin.
"Shit man. I really need some popcorn up in this piece." be sighed to himself. He wasnf hungry, but being able to have a popcorn machine would be amazing. Espada took a second to remember what was at stake right now. This was about Survival, not assassinations. Maybe assassinations coukd be used as a survival tactic. Just ask any polotician or emporer. If the oppertunity revealed itself he would strike, but if not he would still have the advantage. They were subject to the elements. Espada was not.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Talis July 7th 2013, 7:41 pm

"We are warriors. Now fight."

"That we are." Talis exhaled his words as a heavy sigh that sank to the ground and whetted the desert's appetite for honorable combat. He brought his sword to his hand and held it up in a battle stance, but as he readied his blade to strike the situation changed. The man stopped in the middle of a word that certainly would have become 'yourself', instead shifting his focus quite obvious to his immediate area. Something was quite clearly amiss. Talis' sword lowered in response, but it was a tentative relaxation of his guard. He became wary as the man proclaimed that numbers did not matter... and in that instant, his worry warped into fury.

The man performed his sequence of actions in seconds and after attacking what seemed to be nothing and landing drew Talis' ire. "You weak cretin!" The Death Knight called, stabbing his sword down into the earth that was coated in his shadow as he screamed out in utter hatred. "You dare question my honor?! That I would use numbers rather than skill to enforce the will of death?! Your ignorance only proves that dying would suit you better!" He picked up the sword from the earth again and swiped it across his shadow, spewing the dust from the sand up in front of him as the wind whipped it away. Talis stepped forward as he brought his sword forward once more, up into a fighting pose. "I will demonstrate both my honor, and the honor of death! We will fight, and I will deliver your soul unto my master's doorstep!"

My Characters:
Talis (Death Knight)
Talis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo July 8th 2013, 4:13 pm

Ryo didn't see anything, but he couldn't feel the ki presence any longer either. Ryo still didn't know who it belonged to, some machination of the mastermind behind all this perhaps? Either way, it was best to be focused on more immediate concerns. Especially those that wielded blades and a desire to use them on half-dressed samurai.

"Is death your master fanatic? If so, you should know I already proved victorious over her centuries ago." Indeed, Ryo's mastery of the perfect body also seemed to be a mastery over death, the ravages of time had ignored him. "If you truly do not lack honor than show me- with your blade!"

Ryo lunged forward drawing his icy cold blade from his sheath. As he drew with his left hands he sliced upwards towards his right shoulder, followed by another deliberate horizontal slash in midair despite the fact he wasn't anywhere close to his opponent. As he did he focused his life energy through his blade, launching two large ki blades through the air towards the knight. The bluish blades of rippling air traveled like a bullet towards the knight, focused to be sharper than any man-made blade. "Allow me to show you the power of life!" Ryo exclaimed.
Ryo
Ryo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 10th 2013, 6:21 pm

He was in the clear for the second and he knew what needed to be done. He couldn't keep himself in shadow form forever, and so he schlicked himself out and stepped back. How in the world could he mess with these guys? Starting with the smartass samurai who thinks he knows everything because honestly he was the superior threat. It was like watching an anime the way the samurai guy was talking about honor and his freaky energy blades showing up from nowhere. After the snide little power of life comment it took a ton of work to not just bust out laughing. This shit was right out of Bleach or something!

"Sorry dude." And with that there were half a dozen spikes projecting out of the samurai guy's shadow straight at him. Espada was anxious to see how the guy reacted. He had almost no time, and I he jumped out of the way his shadow follows him, so it's not exatly an easy task. When the spikes reached their full length Espada brought his hand to a fist. His hand shaking from how hard he clutched. Reacting to the clutching of the hand the shadows turned into barbed arms and began flailing around wildly, attempting to seek out and destroy the samurai guy. Run and react however you want, you can never outrun the shadow you cast.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Elena Vexus July 10th 2013, 10:07 pm

This fight was progressing faster than the other three, that was for sure. It was time that these three had an intervention. The group in the water terrain wanted to work together, where as these in the desert did not want to cooperate at all. However with the introduction of their monsters, it may be necessary despite their differences. The one hiding in the shadows was skillful indeed. It was a very unique set of abilities, one which seemed to put the other two at a disadvantage almost. This might need to be changed in order to level the playing field a little bit.
Vexus threw on her cloak again in order to hide her identity and stepped up onto the platform that drenched her in a bright light. Seconds later she appeared as a relatively clear hologram in the middle of the three fighters. First, she pointed upwards and the position of the 'sun' moved to a spot directly above them that not only increased the temperature but also significantly reduced the amount of shadows created, if any at all.
Second, the ground began to shake violently and Hologram Vexus raised both of her arms and behind her three giant tunneling earthworms burst from the ground. As if the earth was water they dove down into the ground leaving giant gaping holes in the ground, destroying the perfectly flat land they had once had. The hologram disappeared and the ground continued to shake violently as the monsters burrowed underground. They do not have eyes and see through vibrations in and on the ground as well as a small mental field that allows them to see when they are still, their exterior skin is extremely durable being able to burrow through any kind of rock. The three beasts will switch between attacking the three participants individually and ganging up on one or two of them at a time. The monsters work together and coordinate their attacks on occasion in order to cause more damage. The large holes and tunnels underground would eventually cause the ground to collapse. These earthworms will try to run over, eat, and ensnare the combatants. Anything to make their experience  that much more unbearable.
Vexus still had one more section of the island who's day she had not completely ruined yet, and she had one more monster left for them. This so far had been the most entertaining and educational project she had ever put together. She may have to repeat these methods at a later date, the results she was obtaining so far were very informative.

Otherworld Earthworm
Spoiler:

Ms. Elena Vexus
The General
Advancements: #1-#8
Elena Vexus
Elena Vexus

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2011-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Talis July 11th 2013, 1:02 pm

It was at the moment that the other warrior flung his blade up and unleashed his bombardment of energy that Talis smelt something else new to the area, A source of life that had been exposed, something that his nose picked up on his the vast, dry desert. Somewhere close to him, from somewhere nearby the scent of blood wafted through the air and flooded up his nostrils, and from behind him he heard a voice speak out.

"Sorry dude."

He'd never heard the latter term before, but it didn't really matter. Without much warning Talis flipped backwards, a mighty leap to attempt to put himself behind the individual who had appeared rather uncomfortably close behind him, drawing his sword as he landed and moving to slash forward. It would be as the hologram appeared then, that his slash stop and his eyes fell upon the virtual ghost, and his brow furrowed in anger.

He had never been made aware of holograms, and if it were not for the fact that his ability to track the undead wasn't activating upon the ghost's incorporeal form he would have immediately raised his blade to fell the creature. Instead, he deduced it was an illusion of some kind, but as his attention was diverted between the Samurai, the Man who could control shadows, and the cloaked transparent entity he felt vulnerable which only caused him to increase his vigilance.

The entity pointed up, and soon the sun raised to its highest point and its light devoured the shadows, seeming to all but eliminate the shadow man's methods for attacking an hiding. It was quite easy to deduce that he had been within their shadows, once he saw that the man had been using them to attack as well. It was an interesting ability to say the least of it, and He would certainly remember it should he face this man again in battle. For now though, the sun hung high as if dangling from a drawstring, a curtain of light to stave off darkness. For a moment, it seemed the entity was on their side and aiding them against what could be a positively unconquerable adversary given the circumstance.

That moment passed rather quickly. The entity raised its other arm to meet with the one that commanded the sun, both of them open palmed into the sky as the world began to shake. Their flat plane showed that in the farthest corners of their current world, the distance with which their eyes could reach let Talis grab an image of dust kicking up as something fairly large barreled for them through the earth. They drew nearer, giant worm-creatures that ravaged the battlefield and transformed it into something new. No longer a flat plane, but one of precariously perched hills of dirt, small valleys where the worms had laid for only moments, and large holes the traveled deeply into the earth as veins of darkness.

The Death Knight reassessed the situation, coming to the conclusion that perhaps the three of them would be better off fighting on even terms against the creatures than unequal grounds against each other. He let his voice ring out over the crumbling earth to reach the ears of the other two. "Lest you wish to meet the Reaper early fools, I would advise we handle the situation at hand together." He made was probably a mistake: he turned his back to them. At the moment, is was a choice between dying a warriors death to a dishonorable foe, or an animals death to a predator. His sword howled and his expression steadied and he glared at the group of earth worms barreling towards them. "Give me everything, creatures! You'll not have an easy meal of me!"

My Characters:
Talis (Death Knight)
Talis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo July 17th 2013, 5:58 pm

Ryo's own shadow became his enemy, spears bursting forth from it as if from ink. As he whirled to meet his betrayer the battlefield became as if frozen to him. It was a sensation he had gotten used to, the moment when his next decision would determine if his path ended on that particular battlefield. With every moment of approach the spears became more painful, barbs growing like new branches on a tree.    He did have two pieces of luck on his side though. Firstly, that Gentou was already drawn and in his hand. Secondly, that his assassin had made a singly miscalculation.

He failed to realize that Ryo-Shun would not fall to a disrespectful child who addressed him as "dude."

Suddenly, as the spikes closed in on Ryo, Gentou spun rapidly in front of him radiating ki energy as it spun creating a circular wall in front of him to meet the assault. Even as shadow clashed with ki and steel the sun as if by providence moved and began to rise up from behind Ryo into the center of the sky, casting its light more or less straight down. The light weakened the shadow weapons, but not mighty Gentou. Between the sun and the ki the darkness was fought off, barbed arms being severed by Gentou and fading away in the sunlight as Ryo's shadow creeped towards the bottoms of his feet and disappeared under them. He was for the moment, truly a warrior of the rising sun. His stoic silhouette against the light was impressively heroic, despite being mostly unclothed "Hmph. Your trick has been overplayed sorcerer."  

As he spoke of sorcerers and their tricks, the ground tore itself asunder as the mysterious figure behind the recent turn of events that led Ryo to be fighting pantsless for his life let loose three mighty beasts from the earth. They dove back into into the sea of dirt and rock, the only evidence of them the tremors that permeated their now perilous footing.  

The knight suggested they work together. Ryo hoped the man didn't really need help, or he would be a boring opponent once the wildlife was dealt with. "You presume much Westerner, if you think I need your help fending off these fell beasts or even the reaper herself." Ryo smiled "But if what you really mean is 'don't stab me in the back while I'm fighting a giant worm' consider yourself safe. If you are truly a knight, then you know I could never do such a thing." Ryo believed the man to be a warrior, call it his intuition. That of course meant the shadow assassin was a different entity, and judging from the precedent so far not an honorable one. Regardless, his shadow now lay under him and there was no "body" to face or turn his back on so it was once again, best to deal with the matter at hand. Ryo closed his eyes and took a deep breath as the tremors grew closer. "You are not a worm, but a fly unaware he is approaching the spiders web..." He said calmly to himself like a mantra. Suddenly his palm flew forward, sending out multiple ki blades into the ground in front of him. Dirt sprayed up in thin veils as his blades traveled through the ground seeking the target he had sensed coming even as it sought to surprise him. Suddenly in front of him one of the worms burst from the ground, in front of Ryo, it's underground charge interrupted by the pain of invisible blades hacking at it's face. As it emerged from the ground enraged it's head was bleeding, and teeth hung limp in it's mouth along with bright red slash marks drawn across it's fleshy gum tissue. It was annoyed, but not yet seriously injured. It merely sought to continue it's assault above ground.

As the beast emerged from the ground Ryo was already leaping into the air again. The great serpent was moving at such incredible speeds that it closed what seemed like a considerable distance in a single moment. Ryo barely made it high enough in the air so as to not splate on the worm's front like a bug on a windshield. Ryo landed on the worm, running quickly so as to compensate for the force. He ran down the worm his long black hair and his undershirt flying out behind him. He ran with his sword pointed down, trailing a deep cut with his blade, before stabbing into the beast and flipping off, dragging his ki charged blade down and cutting far through the beast's thick hide. His ki extrended far past his blade, slicing through the whole body as a saw goes through a tree's trunk. As soon as he hit the ground he rose up, his blade rising in front of him in an arc. The air behind his blade shimmered with energy and the heat could be seen. Like his first stroke it went through the worm, cutting through what flesh had not been taken in a single stroke and completely seperating the worm's front quarter from the rest of its body. The foremost part of the body's inertia continued to carry it, moving at such high speeds that it continued into the ground burrowing down too far to see. The remaining three quarters hit the ground with a sickening thud and rolled across the cracked ground.

Ryo hit the ground with his blade still reverse-gripped and one hand on the dirt to steady him as he landed. His last attack was deadly, but meant to be a finishing move. He needed a second or two to recover, a lifetime in a battle. "Shall I take care of the other critters, so you are not too tired to put up a fight?" He asked cockily even as his back was exposed to a still unseen assassin.
Ryo
Ryo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 22nd 2013, 12:54 pm

It was pretty neat to see a real samurai in action. Cutting through barbed shadowing arms and it was like watching an action movie. The samurai guy just had to follow it with acting B.A as well. "Hmph. Your trick has been overplayed sorcerer." This made Espada chuckle, almost tauntingly. His trick has been overplayed, oh no not yet. What kind of guy shows his hand at the poker table?
Looks like Espada wasn’t the only one with tricks and the like. The ground shook like an earthquake a little and suddenly from nowhere. Three large worm-looking things popped out and went right back into the ground, causing it to tremor as it passed.
”Nice, you mention tricks and this is what happens!” Espada snickered to himself as he jokingly passed the blame off on the samurai. The Samurai went into a long way to say that the Knight was safe so long as he didn’t stab him in the back. Espada wouldn’t expect the same treatment, but regardless, they needed to band together. Suddenly this samurai guy was sending out a palm towards the ground in front of him. The dirt flew everywhere, and had Espada been closer it would have been sure to annoy him.
Espada had to cover himself though. He looked out to the Samurai.
”Don’t move, I’m helping.” Espada yelled as he commanded the shadow of the samurai top shoot out similar barbed arms of shadow to attack the Worm that had surfaced to attack the other knight. Espada was not ignoring his own worm however, he at the same time used his own shadow and formed an outer egg shaped shell. The barbed arms went through the worm, and began to loop around, impaling it a second time, then wrapping around again, and impaling it a third time. The final method of impaling came when the worm was entirely wrapped up and constricted by the shadow, Espada commanded the Shadow to form a large spike and drill it through the worm, directly down the middle to come out the other side like a fishing hook. Espada gave a quick cut in the air, making the cool noise he loved, and suddenly there was only a loud cry of pain from the worm, as each area that was inside the worm shot out dozens of spikes to tear it’s insides apart. The shadow dissipated out and the worm fell limp.
The samurai guy was really cool, and if Espada didn’t get stuck in a position where he had to survive, then he’d probably be asking questions and trying to learn from him. But as sad as it was, that was not the case.

"Shall I take care of the other critters, so you are not too tired to put up a fight?" He asked, not even realizing that Espada had already returned from the shadow realm. Espada laughed.

”Well sure. If you wanna take the last one I won’t put up a fight.” He snapped back, feeling just as exhausted from needing to use his power twice already.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo July 24th 2013, 4:34 pm

Ryo disliked that the sorcerer used his own shadow to defeat the worm. His soul was far too grand a thing to be molested by filthy wizards. Still, it was certainly better than a blade in the back. The assassin dispatched one of the worms with his technique, he was certainly not lacking in power.

But he was still no warrior.

Ryo would show how strong a true warrior's spirit was by example, but not until the playing field was leveled. There was still one more serpent lurking under the earth, and Ryo felt it coming towards him. He braced himself for the assault, but he felt the massive ki of the beast shoot past him, headed towards the Western knight. Ryo turned and yelled a warning, but the Knight had no time. The worm crashed out from underneath the ground and caught him unwary. He didn't scream as the wicked teeth tore into his skin. The worm turned and shot like a bullet through the air towards Ryo, the mangled knight still barely alive impaled on the worm's rows of teeth. Ryo reared back and deliberately pushed his right palm out towards the worm, sending a huge wall of ki energy out. The worm crashed against it, the knight's mangled body turning into a fine red mist that sprayed out in every directing as it was sandwiched between the worm's insane momentum and the full force of Ryo-shun's ki. Finally the worm crashed to the ground, it's momentum exhausted. Ryo panted heavily, the exchange having taken his full strength. The worm was stopped in its tracks, but still perfectly alive and it slowly began to stir and lift itself off the ground.
Ryo
Ryo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 3rd 2013, 5:48 pm

"Look out!" Braden yelled, but it was too late. The knight that was fighting samurai guy was now just counted as a loss. Samurai guy had a real show stopper with that energy of his. He was looking a little tired. Espada ran up, the large worm managed to charge at the samurai, as it lunged through the air it gave him the break he needed. The large shadoe directly under the worm was his key. A little focus and a little love he manages to send up large shadow hands that squeezed it on each end. The worm was streched out like a rubber band, halted to save the samurai. The shadow beneath the worm began spawning random spikes to finish the large beast off. Espads was exhausted. No way around it. The guy was tired, but the guy wasn't gonna quit.
 "You...okay?" He found himself asking the other survivor. It was a pretty cool thing, being able to fight with an old timey warrior like this. Too bad it had to end with one of them dying. Espada raised his sword, a sign of respect as he tried to catch his breath. He wasn't letting his guard down.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top