The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Summoning and Illusion System I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Summoning and Illusion System I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Summoning and Illusion System I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Summoning and Illusion System I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Summoning and Illusion System I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Summoning and Illusion System I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Summoning and Illusion System I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Summoning and Illusion System I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Summoning and Illusion System I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Summoning and Illusion System I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Summoning and Illusion System I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Summoning and Illusion System I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Summoning and Illusion System I_vote_lcapSummoning and Illusion System I_voting_barSummoning and Illusion System I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
Summoning and Illusion System I_vote_lcapSummoning and Illusion System I_voting_barSummoning and Illusion System I_vote_rcap 
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Summoning and Illusion System

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Summoning and Illusion System Empty Summoning and Illusion System

Post by Chellizard July 1st 2013, 5:31 pm

Summoning System

Summoning will be covered under the ability stat rather than magic. This doesn't mean that the summons can't be considered "magical" in nature, simply that they are paid for by ABI. While it is not against the rules to pay for them with magic+spells, it costs less points and allows for more versatility in the summons if you pay via ABI.

Remember each tier (level) consists of one type of creature.

Level 3 = 10 Creatures (no stat higher than 3) [10 point grid]

Level 4 = 8 Creatures (no stat higher than 4) [12 point grid]

Level 5 = 6 Creatures (no stat higher than 5) [14 point grid]

Level 6 = 5 Creatures (no stat higher than 6) [18 point grid]

Level 7 = 4 Creatures (no stat higher than 7) [22 point grid]

Level 8 = 3 Creatures (no stat higher than 8 with max one 8 stat) [24 point grid]

Level 9 = 2 Creatures (no stat higher than 8 with max two 8 stats]) [28 point grid]

Level 10 = 1 Creature (one demigod stat) [30 point grid]

Rules for multiple tier summons:

You may only summon multiple tiers if all the summons are at or below level 7. Levels 8,9 and 10 can only be summoned on their own in the amounts given.

When summoning multiple tiers between levels 3-5, you may bring out up to six creatures at once.

When summoning multiple tiers between levels 6-7, you may bring out up to four creatures at once.

------------------
Illusion System

First, an Illusion is not something that can be spontaneously created, it is a type of trap that is set in a well placed plan. In order for an illusion to be used, it must first be set. So in the case of “It was an illusion all along” scenario, a character would have to set the image first and then find a way to escape. This prevents any sort of sneaky god-mods to prevent damage, and actually requires forethought and etc.

Illusions are only images, sounds, and in some instances smell depending on the extent of the illusions. The real effectiveness of an illusion is based on how believable an illusionist can make the illusion, and how much an opponent is capable of being a recipient to it. To be clear, Illusions are universal, having a specific race doesn’t mean you are exempt from illusions. Illusions are merely a projection that is witnessed, how a character reacts is based on who they are.

For example, an illusionist should take into account that the mind is a powerful thing, it helps the processing. For example, if an illusionist makes a convincing fire, then the victim may interpret it as real and thusly feel the heat as if it were real. In other cases, this usage of placebo effect can also be used to harm an opponent. For example, were an illusionist to throw an illusionary knife without the prior knowledge of illusion, the victim may interpret the cuts as such.

Limitations:

Simple illusions are easy to interpret as real up to an extent, for when the ridiculous comes is when a character can start to become skeptical. Making something like a gun or sword can be perceived as real, and can be used properly. But when a character goes on to make a giant creature to punch them, the brain cannot convince the body that it is being crushed and launched away somewhere. Simple illusions can also be done without the requirement of preparation.

The idea of an Illusionist pulling a person’s greatest fear or visions of their loved ones is false. An illusionist doesn’t get the automatic ability to pull memories and create an image that dictates “Greatest Fear” in all that witness it. Illusions are based on the imagination of the illusionist, whether they happen to bring about another person’s fear is based solely on whether or not the illusionist pre-planned the encounter, or the illusionist is capable of peering into the minds of its opponent.

The victim is also a measure of how powerful an illusion is. When faced against an everyday human, the illusions can easily fool them into thinking something is real. However, should an illusionist encounter a creature such as a superhuman or a robot, they know that conventional weaponry does not affect them in the same manner that it does to ordinary people. A robot knows it cannot feel pain, thusly it does not.

An illusionist is capable of altering their own appearance or the appearances of others with illusions, such illusions are considered to be rather simple and require no preparation and can be maintained very easily, but they cannot gain things such as Invisibility, the inability to be heard, and the inability to be smelled.

The summary is that characters that use illusions don’t alter a perception or add a slight influence of mind control or dive into the memories of the victim. Instead they create images, sounds, and smells in order to create trickery. It also prevents people from just saying “I’m immune to your illusions” unless of course they have some other means of finding that out. However, it also ensures that Illusions are just trickery, distractions at best for most characters after they know the nature of the ability. Instead of it being some form of mind control, it is instead something that the illusionist has to think up, and something that all beings no matter what race can witness.

As for the illusions themselves. The senses that can be affected are: Sight, Hearing, Smell
2 points to affect 1 sense
4 to affect up to 2 senses
6 to affect up to 3 senses

The more points placed into Illusions the harder they are overall to see through. This is dependent on the INT/OCC of the person that the caster is trying to fool. The targets of the illusion are required to play to their own character's level of intellect. Not doing so can be classified as metagaming.

Last edited by Chellizilla on October 29th 2013, 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Summoning and Illusion System Empty Re: Summoning and Illusion System

Post by Arcana October 28th 2013, 10:16 pm

Updated; Illusion system added
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 29th 2013, 9:02 am

Trashed. Merged this topic into "The System Book"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Summoning and Illusion System JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top