The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Taking the Scenic Route I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Taking the Scenic Route I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Taking the Scenic Route I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Taking the Scenic Route I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Taking the Scenic Route I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Taking the Scenic Route I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Taking the Scenic Route I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Taking the Scenic Route I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Taking the Scenic Route I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Taking the Scenic Route I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Taking the Scenic Route I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Taking the Scenic Route I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Taking the Scenic Route I_vote_lcapTaking the Scenic Route I_voting_barTaking the Scenic Route I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Taking the Scenic Route

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Taking the Scenic Route Empty Taking the Scenic Route

Post by Danger June 12th 2013, 3:25 pm

"What's that smell?"  Under the earth toned jacket her hair brushed against, Elaine pulled her jacket back and forth to try and fan herself.  "It's like despair has actually risen up to make me smell how bad this place is."

Guiding the duo through from the train station, Amethyst pushed on through the downtrodden littering the street like garbage.  "Don't say something like that so close to a...a..."

"Graveyard?  Mausoleum?  Dump?"  Flicking her wrists to keep herself at readied attention, Elaine surveyed the decrepit buildings succumbing to the structural damage to the city's scars.

"Burial mound is what I would go with."  Winds cut in and out of the alleyways like ghosts chasing what they once were.  Amy fixed the hemming of her skirt to sit above her stockings.  "I remember Yulanda talking to me about the beginning of burials.  Do you know where..."

"Oh my God, I don't care..."  Throwing her head back in protest, Elaine refused her partner the history lesson.  

"Well, druid orders in northern Europe used mounds that eventually became the foundation for the Wiltshire Henge.  You see..."

"Spirit Corgi!"  Elaine out shouted Ame.  "Here boy, here Spirit Corgi."

"You see..."  Ame rose her voice to emphasize the point.  "Death and the stars have important bearings on the changing of weather.  That is why we are coming to this garden."

"It is not..."  Quickly, Elaine cut Ame off.  "We're here because Spirit Corgi told us to get those berries."

"In a shorten way yes, but the berries would not be here if it weren't for the knowledge of weather patterns that came from ceremonial burying.  I don't know..."

Pushing Ame back with her shoulder, Elaine bulldozed past the now static Ame.  "This looks like a garden."

"Hmm."  The overgrowth ran rampant, but this looked more promising.  "It does look like it."

"You should probably be careful."  Coming out from behind her subconscious barriers, the small corgi companion of Elaine made his appearance.

"Don't worry, I already told Ame to shut up about that boring burying stuff."  Both of her pistols rested along the back of Elaine's jeans.  

"Excuse me for trying to enlighten you."  Moving along the wind, Ame caught up with Elaine to overlook the garden.  

"What do you know about enlightenment?"  Feeling Ame stepped into her turf, Elaine tried to aggressively challenge Ame to an enlightenment contest.  Hey, it worked before.  "I bet you've never even met real Buddhist monks at a community college before."

"You've got me there."  Shaking her head in disregard for the warning the spectral guide heeded, Ame and Elaine continued to walk through garden.  

"There is something wicked in this patch!"  Barking his warning to try and gather their gaze, Spirit Corgi trailed along.

"Knew it..."  Elaine looked over to Ame.

"Good, so when you get in there..."  Strategies to stay as quiet as they could began to formulate in the dog's head.  

"...You can ramble on about things no one cares about, but you can never out enlighten me.  It is impossible."

"I didn't mean enlightenment like that..."

"Of course not, there is no way you would walk into a trap like that."  Forsaking the herbs they came for, Elaine and Ame continued to walk blindly into the garden, continuing their squabbling.  "That the thing about enlightenment, you get a sense for danger."

"How's that sense going, girl?"  Softening his stride, the dog could only wait for danger to strike.

Last edited by Danger on June 14th 2013, 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Totally saved Sadie."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2011-03-01

http://spirit-corgi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Taking the Scenic Route Empty Re: Taking the Scenic Route

Post by Thistle June 13th 2013, 6:49 pm

The festering mass of green on the outskirts of the city, visibly spread outwards from it's core, plant overlapped plant like a quilt along the dirt riddled flooring. The twisted arcs of trees bent over the top and began to block out the sun, more and more the further into the forest one went. The blackened back dropping had shadows darting across it as if there were animals inside this forest. Fancy flowers, exotic, rare and even some 'extinct' species had sprouted from the care-taker of this area's love. But things were strange...

Plant's locations seemed to change whenever you were not looking, some got closer, others went further away. Vivid spores also blew around in the air, filling the nostrils with pleasant, near subliminal smells. The further you walked into this large swirling maze of botanical specimens the more intense and crazy it got... Venus fly traps the size of men. Even some species of mutant plants similar to the sarlac from star wars. Rows of thorns around it's swirling pit, large teeth snapped, ready to consume anything it's spores lead inside. There was trees, trees with roots which seemed to reach out, to desperately snap at any form of living organism.

Odd sounds and snarls were heard from the distance, and the sun continued to try and break through the roof, and of course, right in the most poisonous center of this little paradise was the queen herself. Thistle sat inside the largest plant of them all, fanning her own face. Of course, we forget... the trio are only at the start...

The path before them appeared simple, and as soon as they stepped inside all they could smell was the near divine smell off the plants which were unqiue to this area. Useful for toxins, tonics and elixirs. If you could get a hold of them. With Thistle's near passive influence most of the plants within this Eden were mutated. The path disappeared into patches of Poison Ivy leaves and brambles, and behind, vines curled around each other, getting ready to strike at the humans which had dared to set foot into this area. And of course, as soon as they had, the plants had taken the liberty to tell their queen just what was happening. How cute.

She let out a cackle when they told her, and just remained on her throne. She wouldn't even have to do anything, she doubted these people could even make it through the first eighth of this place without dying. Hmph...

Or could they?

[ok this confused me alittle bit... i'll put an OOC simplified thing down here.

I described the eden abit further in, but you aren't there yet you're just at the start, and that even though you're barely inside there's plant-life that would would've had to travel thousands of miles to find otherwise.]
Thistle
Thistle
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : i got beat up by elaine once

Number of posts : 170
Job : I wish.
Humor : Did you hear about the dwarf's joke? It fell short.
Registration date : 2013-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger June 14th 2013, 4:18 am

"That wall just closed."  The troubled spirit relayed to the preoccupied duo.  Even though a great amount of attention went into careful perception, none of the forewarning made it to an interested party.  

"Why can't we just buy these berries from some communist hippie at a drum circle?"  Dragging her shoulders around her chest pulled Elaine's body into a forward posturing.

"First, if someone was selling these at a market, we would need to shut them down, and two, these berries are very special."  Ame found the smell of the forest captivating.  She could barely tell if it smelled good because of the plants or the disappearance of the smell of New York, but she did not want to leave it for sometime.  

Intently skimming through Ame's words, Elaine misheard a phrase.  "Did you say 'berry' special?"

"No, I said very special."

"These plants are moving."  Barked the alert corgi.

"It sounded like you said 'berry'."  Heeding no attention to the warnings, Elaine continued to move in step with Ame.  The foliage turned to a much more foreign appeal thick with a pleasing aroma.

"Is there someone else I can speak with?"  Frantic and at a loss for composure, the dog ran through Elaine to take position in front of her.  

"I'm not five, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make a pun, but to answer your question, we need these berries for tracking reasons."  In a world at odds with the supernatural, finding the important reagents became a very arduous and dangerous task.  Whenever a batch of magical alchemical supplies pop up, they only pop up in the presence of very dangerous people or places, and Ame and Elaine, were they paying attention, would know that.

Movement in the branches went unnoticed by Elaine.  It would prove costly, but they couldn't turn back now.  "Database or divining?"  Eclectic stores of oddities always bounced around from mundane to magical.  On one day a magic berry opened a scrying portal, the next it gets ground up for potpourri.  

"Both, but divining purposes will be first.  I might take a few to try to grow my own and have something to help me divine..."  Before she could finish her statement, a root reached out to snare her.  The tendrils wrapped her arms and neck separately and began to pull her into the foliage.  

"If you grew it yourself we wouldn't have to come to God awful New York.  It smells like free healthcare and gay marriage..."  In between bouts the bouts of choking Amethyst tried to gain Elaine's attention while she continued her rants against left wing politics.  "Why can't you just grab the berries by yourself?"

"Because she is choking to death right now."  Worn out from Elaine's ignorance, the beleaguered spirit returned to his flat tone.  

Elaine turned back to see the roots begin to take Amethyst deeper into the darkness of the forest.  "Oh my god..."  She spoke with some surprise.  "Are you okay?"

"No..."  The dog turned to condescension.  "...she is dying."  

"Not on my watch..."  Elaine drew her pistols and pointed them towards Amethyst, eliciting the shock of both the spirit corgi and the distressed Amethyst.  "Hold still and hope Karma doesn't direct my bullets into your head."

"What does karma have to do with this?"  While the dog inquired, Elaine began to fire.  

"Karma guides my bullets most of the time.  I found when you are chasing bad guys you can normally just fire indiscriminately and karma hits all the bad people."  Each shot hit and eliminated the grasp with extreme prejudice.  "Sometimes you wouldn't even suspect they were bad people, but why else would my bullets hit them?"

Finally the grasp of the plant broke free and Amethyst could breathe.  "Because you are an amoral monster!"

"Saved you ass."  Elaine returned her guns to her holster.  

"Okay..."  The dog looked at the spread of plants encircling the two girls.  "Now do it a few hundred more times and it will count for something."
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle June 15th 2013, 6:22 pm

The faint, yet familiar whistle of gunshots echoed into Thistle's ears from across this long stretch of botanical blight. Her slender neck turned in the direction it came from. She blinked her eyes, and wafted her hand upwards, causing her twisted throne within her small little Kingdom to rise upwards, and set her down on the ground. Her mind was all affray with what was going on. She'd thought they were merely some curious and rather brave tourist, taking a dander into the dangerous domain of Thistle. But the gunshots disproved that. Probably. This is America, she supposed...

Still, that was meaningless, if they had the Gall! to shoot at her children, just for them being hungry, then they'd learn the true meaning to a feast. She began to walk forward in a furious pace, her arms swinging back her sides, hair blushing around in a gently wind generated from her stride. As she walked, the floor began to quake with roots spreading just behind her ankles. Suddenly, she was lifted up by them and they began to swim through the earth, bringing her with them at the speed of a car.

Finally, they settled down into the ground, and Thistle's body stood silently on the grass, which began to sprout flowers in a desperate attempt to appease their mistress. She knelt down gently, and ran her fingers over their petals, tilting her head a little. She quietly put her lips near it's centre and whispered quietly...

"Go and get the humans..."

Her voice seeped into the plant like a bee taking pollen, and the plant begin to curl outwards.

She smiled, kissed the flower's side, and stood up. She flicked her hair, and struck her hand upwards, causing the plant she'd just spoken to, to mutate and shift, twisting into an odd, monstrous construct. It's mouth was large, and seeps salivia and it had two large nostrils. It sniffed, and began to crawl forward on all of it's tentacles, which held it at about 8 feet tall. It wrapped them around trees to climb around the terrain with ease and near silently. It ascended into the trees above them, and it sniffed to pick up their scent. It began to stretch above Elaine, some slobber from it's mouth dropping onto the shoulder of Elaine, before it's Mouth opened and it shot down to munch on Elaine's figure!

Meanwhile, the one who had been snatched before had another problem. A nearby tree had taken a liking to her. It's near-wooden roots burst through the floor in an attempt to grab her ankles, and drag her into it's twisted Maw of a trunk, which mainly consisted of a fanged mouth!
Thistle
Thistle
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger June 15th 2013, 9:48 pm

"We need to go back to back..."  Elaine surveyed the angry foliage pining for revenge.  "...Keep them from getting us from behind while we get out of here..."  Each blade of grass and barb of bark pointed in anger to the duo while the branches continued to block the escape.  "...Why didn't you tell me we couldn't get out that way!"

"I did."  With the usual disappointment, the corgi shook his head to recount the tale.  "You were preoccupied, because you thought Ame said 'berry' special." 

"Well, it sounded really dumb."  Shambling danger lurked in the darkness of the forest; against the dire nature of the situation, Elaine responded with anger with the overgrowth of chaos circling around her.

"We have bigger problems."  A quick survey of the tree line gave Ame nothing to look upon with pleasure.  The barbed thorns of several of the plants almost looked carnivorous in nature.  "And they have teeth!"

"Well, plants have to eat something.  They can't just eat other plants, that would be cannibalism, so the only other thing to eat is meat..."  Rounds slid into the chambers at the pushing of Elaine's fingers.  With her guns back to the read, Elaine pulled out her pistols and prepared for the worst.  "How else would plants live?"

"Plants don't eat; they use photosynthesis."  Reaching into her satchel, Ame pulled a flask with an unstable property bouncing within. 

"That word just sounds made up."  Dropping from the canopy of the forest, a rain of drool dropped onto Elaine's shoulder while she continued her banter.  Catching the approach out of the corner of her eye, Elaine motioned herself forward to activate her shadow jump and reappear fifteen feet away from where the plant would strike.  In her haste to remove herself from danger, she placed her back to the forest behind her, firing against the monstrosity clamoring for her.

Taken back by the savage creature between them, Ame watched to see if Elaine could dispatch the beast without her assistance.  Each of her flasks could ignite enough of an area to make sentient plan life think twice before charging her, but wanted to be efficient with her flasks and her ability to like them.  Rubbing her thumb across the metal lid of the flask gave her a timing system for her countdown, and kept her preoccupied to the danger beneath her. 

Feeling her center of gravity suddenly shift into her stomach upon the ground, Ame dropped the flask in front of her.  Adrenaline pushed her arm forward, but her fingers dangled in front of her salvation as the ravenous plant pulled her back.  Bursting jagged teeth from the body of the tree, Ame caught what her fate would be if she could not get to her flask.  Loose dirt parted ways as Ame found herself dragged closer and closer to the severity of the tree. 

Flying from the vicinity of Elaine, one of her pistols hit against Ame's flask, pushing it into her hands.  Ame grabbed it and brought it to her body.  A spark shot from her hand into the metal chamber atop the jar to begin the process.  As she could now feel the force of the tree snaring at her, Ame tossed the flask towards the body of the tree to ignite the creature.
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle June 29th 2013, 9:40 am

The twisted gnarled mouth of the tree let out a horrified screech while it's bark burnt and ignited! It's curled wooden form tried to move but 'twas rooted to the floor. It's movements eventually stopped and it slumped over, quietly continuing to burn away into nothing but ash. Fortunately the other plants in the area were smart enough to move away from it on their own accord, they knew how flammable they were. While the large beast which attempted to consume the other got shot, several times, it's body continued to weave through the soil towards the gun wielding female.

But, Thistle had had quite an interesting thought... Her eyes narrowed at her own brilliant wit, before she flicked her head upwards sending out psionic signals to all of her plants. Soon, they began to converge in the middle, moving and growing to attempt to form a gigantic wall to block the pair of them off from one another. Divide and conquer, as it were... and, while this wall grew between them the plant monster attacking the gun one (I forgot which one she is ok) it picked up on the message and quietly rooted itself back into the ground, it's figure shrinking, vines falling of it, and eventually it became a simple daisy once more.

She had this all planned out... maybe when they were away from one another, they would begin to panic. Worry for the other's safety. And a panicked, worried human is a careless one. Easily manipulated. Easily Destroyed. And of course that fucking cow would pay for incinerating that poor tree. Eye for an eye. Ha! She thrust these plans aside, and quietly ran a hand up her chest in thought, before she flicked her head and began storming of through the jungle like depths of her Eden. They'll begin to go insane inside this maze...

Meanwhile, on the alchemist's side (I forgot her name too. I'm sorry.) a most percuilier thing began to grow. A large, purple flower, about the size of a coffee table, with petals that had glowing pink veins within them and a tiny little bulb in it's center had grow. The scents it gave of were divine to put it lightly, and it's looks were nearly memorizing. All a ploy to lure her closer, closer so that it may spew it's poison.

And on the gun girls side, the floor began to grow over with flowers, normal, orange flowers which nearly covered the entire surface of the floor. They also began to give of a particular spore... this one, however was not poisonous. In fact it's scent and appearance were harmless to humans. But of course, the things which it attracted were not... Soon the orange bed of flowers began to blossom intensely, near furiously and the spores coming of them were nearly visible. Then, a low humming gradually got closer.... and closer... Suddenly! A gigantic swarm of hornets curled through the trees drawn by the flowers and enraged by their effects, they all turned to the gun girl, their hive minds blurred with rage and began to charge, stingers first toward her!
Thistle
Thistle
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger July 7th 2013, 1:55 am

"I'm beginning to think all these freak accidents are somehow coordinated."  Flipping through bullets like a catalog, Elaine listened as the buzz of the forest acted all around her.  "If Amethyst has been eaten yet..."  An explosive round looked like just the ticket.  "...I should probably make my way over to her."

A gentle blowing in the air ushered in the advice from the familiar corgi.  "Not to be the nagging force..."

"I just let you back in!"

"Not even a physical possibility.  However..."  In between the hushed pause in his words and the release of the fumes from the flower came a sinister buzzing in the air.  "That large scaling wall is trying to delay your plan."  

"Double-ewe E."  Giving a minute to allow the forest to get up to speed with her, Elaine spun the gun in her hand eying a near-by tree.  

"That thing I said was about to happen is happening."  An overgrowth surmounted from the deep foliage and cackled a laughter made of twigs snapping under the vastness of its girth.  "...And now make that happened."

"Are you talking?"  Announcing their resolve with the subtlety of a horde, Elaine held her pistol towards the tree left scarred by Elaine's earlier transgression against nature.  Impacting into the  bark of the tree threw chips of bark and lumber into the air.  The swarm grew closer with ill intent.  A quick twirl of her pistol brought the detonation mechanism in her grip under her thumb.  A gentle press brought the tree down.  Violently.  

"Discretion is the better part of valor?"  Hoping to gain favor with Elaine to save Amethyst, the dog pointed his attention to the wall of vines dividing them from their alchemist.

"I don't know what either of those words means..."  A shroud of broken limbs and burnt bark descended upon the swarm before Elaine.  Now, she knew what lie behind her truly needed her attention.  "...I'm just going to get on the other side of this tree thing..."  Slipping into thin air and then rematerializing on the other side, Elaine came upon her lost ally, lost in the appearance of an oddly acting flower.  "Is that the thing?  Can you get it and go?"

"I've never smelled this before..."  Lost from the question Elaine asked, Amethyst continued her daze into the pedals of the consuming plant.  "...It's not the plant I need, but I think I should pick it..."

"Cool, all these trees are acting weird, so I'm sure picking a flower won't hurt anything."  Turning her back to examine the wall of bark she shadow stepped through, Elaine looked through her ammo belt and pulled out a round.  "I think we should be able to blow a hole through most of these plants and get out that way."

Her resolve was easy enough, but the release of poison from the devious flower would prove otherwise.
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle July 10th 2013, 7:42 pm

The twitching purple petals, about a meter wide each with their beautiful pink tips were astoundingly alluring. They're design was simple, yet still complicated enough in order to peak the interest and it's bumpy center almost seemed to whisper just to faint for the ear to make it out, but it was as if it were beckoning you closer like a siren luring sailors to their death. The center of the flower changed colors every 5 seconds to another shade of red, the same as the pink tips of the petal.
However, whenever the alchemist's figure got so close that she triggered the plants root detection system, which sensed when something had stood on the area above the roots, the center and tips turned into an incredible vibrant and alarming red, so much so that the plant almost seemed to glow a dangerous red. All of it's leathery petals moved upwards at intense speeds and formed the flower into some form of canon like shape.

After a few seconds the center of the flower let began to spew out a heavy gas, which sat within the canon for a few seconds, while the flower few some fodder. When it had enough, the flower's center nearly dissolved away leaving a glowing red stalk, which began to spin around in a quick fan motion which sent the bright red poisonous spores swirling out from it right towards the face of the alchemist.
The spores, riddled with Thislytus and various other little toxins, if inhaled would cause a rather vast spectrum of effects. Including, but not limited to temporary blindness, cramps, sensitivity to light and then some minor paralysis of the legs.
Thistle
Thistle
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger July 13th 2013, 4:56 pm

Such a pleasing aroma kept Amethyst mesmerized until the violent rupturing of the flower began to take place.  Safe from the distance of the initial dispersal of toxins, Elaine took a moment to analyze the situation as bullet deserving and fired one round into the base of the flower.  Her gun flipped in her palm to put the detonation trigger back under her thumb and ensued the explosion would uproot the flower.  Misunderstanding the threat the flower posed, the violent eruption lent the flower a more expansive throe under the volatile conditions.  "Get down!"

Under the pretense of an eruption, Amethyst fell back as fragments of filament rained around her.  With the bullet dug into the ground, she safely avoided any real fragmentation or explosion related injury, but her waning eyesight and stiffness in her leg began to tell a different story.  "You're supposed to say that before you fire the round!"

"I guess you don't know how time works, so double-ewe ee home girl."  Proud of her handiwork, but tiring of the long trek through the forest for something she assumed they could buy online, Elaine began to survey the land for a way to leave.  None of this trouble was worth it for something a guy on the internet stocked hundreds of.  Probably a smelly guy, definitely fat, probably with an Asian fetish.  "Well, I guess we can't just leave now."  Trials and tribulations awaited them as Elaine pulled her bandanna over her nose and grabbed her poorly feeling companion and pulled her behind.  

"When were we planning that?"  Finally managing to pull a handkerchief over her nose, Amethyst hoped to be let in on this sudden change of heart from a course of action she did not fully know existed.  

"It was an idea I floated around, but I don't need chubby white guys checking me out."

"I think this thing I've inhaled is making me hear things, or maybe I just don't follow."

"Oh, you're following..."  With a tight grip on the alchemist whom subjected herself to the worst the forest had to offer, Elaine began pushing further into the twisting treeline of this morbid sanctuary of life.  "...We're getting those things that are 'berry' special and then we're going to fight evil."
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle July 23rd 2013, 11:11 pm

How irritating. These thorns in her side were growing into intolerable weeds. Thistle rest her forehead on her hand and let out a very deep, annoyed sigh. If she wanted something done she had to do it herself. She remained quiet for a moment before she exhaled again, looking up at the small slithers of sun light piercing through the veil of leaves that made up the sky. She looked back down to her feet, her ginger hair fell over her face, strands covered her eye. Straightening upwards she shook her neck before her legs gracefully began to stride through her kingdom.

With each step, the trees parted. Plants motioned in such a way that they seemed to be bowing to their queen. She courteously swayed her hand at them, relieving them of their fealty to kneel. Grinning as she walked she had reached the final twisted vine constructed wall separating her and these two pests that had rather rudely intruded into her home. Maybe they would leave peacefully... that would be nice. But, even if they were, examples must be made.

She closed her eyes and readied herself for confrontation. She waggled her fingers and the rooty wall descended into the earth, revealing her in all her splendor. She motioned to herself arrogantly, the heads of flowers bloomed in delight at the sight of her and the air around her body glistened with the delightful glow of pheromones and spores. Her body was nearly naked, both her breasts exposed with a small thatch of leaves covering her lady garden. Thorned plants curled around her thighs and did no harm to her flesh. Her green eyes narrowed over the pair of, raising an eyebrow at the both of them.

She cleared her throat, before speaking dominantly over the pair of meat sacks.

"You have set foot on someone else's kingdom...

You have done well in order to have not died horribly by now. What a shame. Why have you come here where you are not welcome. The reason for me not to just kill you had better be 'berry' important."

She grinned at her own little joke. The plants had told her a while ago about this small jest which had rather capably distracted the less intelligent one of the pair. Thistle hoped it would have the same effect as it had before. Her fingers ran down her body, and spawned flowers which clung to her own abdomen. She was beautiful, alluring, and had an odd sense of... danger around her person. Her hair lay still, and covered her breasts up for now. She blinked before raising her chin, anxiously awaiting a response from them
Thistle
Thistle
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger August 10th 2013, 1:26 am

As the arrival of the floral mastermind appeared, Elaine placed her guns into the holster to begin to reload.  "Don't stare at her junk."  

"I wasn't going to!"  Cut off from the frame of thought she constructed to deal with the situation, Amethyst took a deep breath before beginning to parley with the woman before her.

A brief exchange of words from Thistle cut Amethyst short on her discourse.  Standing before the woman clad in her very power, Elaine piled on the number of preventions to Amethyst.  "See, she says 'berry' ironically, not like you."  

"It's not the..."  Flustered and not winning any points from a game no one can win, Amethyst moved her attention to the avatar of this realm.  "Keeper of the Grove..."

"If she doesn't punch you in the face, I want to."  Elaine crossed her arms.  

Amethyst strengthened her voice to drown out the usurpation of the vocal domain.  "We have come here to collect a very rare berry to help us understand an enemy from another dimension."

"You don't know it's from another dimension; stop trying to look smart and diplomatic in front of the naked lady."  Looking off to the side, the growing number of plants stayed ever vigilant around Elaine.  

"If we could be granted this favor, we would gladly leave your sanctuary with no more...implications."  Amethyst made the offer.  That much was sound, but a list of conflicting agendas would impact everything else.
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle May 14th 2014, 6:02 pm

The pair bickered like children, and Thistle simply lifted her arms into a fold. A pivot on her hip and the lowering of her brows showed just how impatient she was. Some pretty blue flowers had started to coil around her ankles and had began sprawling between her toes. After a few more seconds of passive agressive arguing, the more intelligent and better dressed one of the duo finally turned her attention to Thistle.

"Keeper of the Grove..."

That was a new one. She had been called many things, such as queen, goddess, matri- "If she doesn't punch you in the face, I want to." Thistle turned her head to the one called Elaine and raised her eyebrows in a mixture of offense and disbelief. Before she could voice her anger, the other spoke up once more.

"We have come here to collect a very rare berry to help us understand an enemy from another dimension."

Turning her head back to the smarter one she changed her standing position, her shoulders back and chin raised. "And if I give you this berry you'll leave, never come back and tell others to never come here?" she added the last part of the deal herself, but wanting to get her bargain across. Normally she wouldn't even bother speaking with them and would have simply annihilated them both, however she was feeling both generous and lazy.

"Be more specific... what is this berry called, what does it look like?" she glanced around at the trees and bushes, a vast majority of which were dotted with berries ranging in colour from neon pink to classic red. "There are a lot of berries here, incase you hadn't noticed." Her voice was filled with a sting like nettles. Thistle sub-consciously began growing thorns and brambles around Elaine's boots. They were small, no more than 3 inches in height but they slowly started to creep over her boots - portraying her disliking for the woman.

[bringing it back Razz]
Thistle
Thistle
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger May 20th 2014, 9:57 am

"Okay, so what were the berries we needed again?"

"I don't know." Elaine crossed her arms as the foliage grew unsuspectingly around her boots.

"Ask the little dog what they are."

"Is she serious?"  Never far from an insult, Spirit Corgi emerged. "She forgot what they are called?"

"Spirit Corgi shows dismay at your forgetfulness."  Further the vines grew around Elaine's boots.

"Just ask..."

"What are they called so we can stop talking to this tree lady."

"They are called Amethyst Berries."

"Oh my God!"  The escalation of her voice left her deaf to the encroachment of foliage. "They are called Amethyst Berries! How did you forget that?"

"It's been a stressful day. I've almost been eaten by plants, decapitated by plants, mauled by plants..."  Remembering who she was with, Amethyst turned to Thistle. "But it is a lovely garden and we are sorry for any trouble."

"I'm not."

"Yeah I agree with you on the 'this place sucks' motion."

"Spirit Corgi doesn't like it either."

"Well we can leave soon. Isn't that good enough?"

Elaine shrugged her shoulders as the plants took a firm grip on her.

While Elaine held her ground, Amethyst began to walk towards the bushes with Thistle. Once Amethyst had moved half way to the bushes, Elaine begrudging started to try and move her legs, but to no avail. "What the?"  Elaine looked down to the brambles. "Um?" She pondered out loud before starting to call for Amethyst.
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle May 20th 2014, 11:29 am

The fools bickered between themselves and it only served to anger her. Coming all this way, breaking into her home and then daring to ignore her. One of them was clearly insane, speaking to herself and the other was a forgetful cur. Yet when the final climax approached and the name of the berries was revealed Thistle simply smirked. The vines growling around Elaine's ankles became much more throned and stronger, trying to root solidly in place.

"Amythest berries?" she smiled, and extended a hand to the side. A hedge's branch beside her extended and it's tip bent upwards and changed drastically in colour - from dirty brown to bright purple. After several more seconds the berries on the edge of the branch were finished and they appeared to be glowing ever so slightly. "I want to add something more to this transaction' the goddess turned her eyes to look at Elaine, who was getting snared by even more entagled vines. 'she stays; and gets fed to the forest." Thistle turned her head back to the one called Amethyst. "Deal?"
Thistle
Thistle
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger May 20th 2014, 11:51 am

Now the plants made their move. Before Elaine could shout out for Amethyst to turn around the vines wrapped around Elaine's mouth. More plants wrapped around her arms and hands to keep her from fighting against the garden any longer. For several seconds Elaine squirmed with all her might to break loose from the foliage holding her captive.

Glimmering lights brightened up the hedge where Thistle kept her berries. Each branch slowly turned down to allow Amethyst to pluck them off. As she reached out her hand, the branch recoiled as Thistle wanted a new condition. "Elaine stays?" Amethyst started to laugh. "You think you can keep her?" As she finished her sentence, she noticed Thistle smiling behind her. When Amethyst took made a one eighty, she shockingly set her gaze on Elaine. "What happened to you?!"

"Mmmphhh!" Elaine went back to squirming under the caress of the deadly plants.

"She stays?" Amethyst repeated Thistle. "Deal." Amethyst put out her hand to broker the transaction until she heard 'feed her to the forest'. Wanting to stay away from the ears of Elaine, Amethyst invited Thistle to the side and lowered her voice. "How about you keep her for a day and teach her the ways of the forest or something?" If Thistle declined, Amethyst would take her up on the berries and assume Elaine could escape. "Well, I really fought for you Elaine. But, you know how these things work. It's complicated."

Amethyst would start her egress as Elaine glued her eyes to her in a harsh gaze.
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content