The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Snakes in a checkout lane (open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2024, 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Snakes in a checkout lane (open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Snakes in a checkout lane (open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Snakes in a checkout lane (open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Snakes in a checkout lane (open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Snakes in a checkout lane (open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Snakes in a checkout lane (open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Snakes in a checkout lane (open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Snakes in a checkout lane (open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Snakes in a checkout lane (open) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Snakes in a checkout lane (open) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Snakes in a checkout lane (open) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Snakes in a checkout lane (open) I_vote_lcapSnakes in a checkout lane (open) I_voting_barSnakes in a checkout lane (open) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Snakes in a checkout lane (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Snakes in a checkout lane (open) Empty Snakes in a checkout lane (open)

Post by Entropy June 6th 2013, 3:51 pm

So it had come to this. After months of recovery and intensive testing, Major Richard Mathis was reduced to nothing more than a common civilian... at least temporarily. Medical leave they called it, only he had not applied for leave. If the choice had been his, he would be back out in the field again leading his troops. He felt fine and appeared healthy, so this was nothing more than insulting to the proud military officer. To make matters worse, he was still being subjected to those annoying mental health sessions to make sure his mind was as intact as his body. Who knew when he'd be able to return to duty? For now, though, he had to deal with... shopping.

"For the love of God, let's get this over with," he grumbled.

How long had it been since he'd stepped foot in a civilian shopping center like this? He specifically avoided them because people tended to staaaaare. He was a large man with a stocky bodybuilder appearance who tended to pull in for too much unwanted attention. It made him so uncomfortable that he began to imagine people staring at him when they weren't. That was the case today when the casual shoppers at Barry's Food 'n Drug filled their large shopping carts with edible provisions for their families and really didn't give a damn. Family was one thing Mathis had never had, so he only grasped one of the handheld baskets on the way in.

Bread, milk, eggs, protein supplements, steak, chicken, potatoes, dish soap... he went down the aisles picking out everything he was lacking in his temporary apartment. His basket was full and he carried the jug of milk in his spare hand, but he still needed one thing before he left. And if that baby didn't stop crying, he was going to strangle its mother and give it a reason to cry... the sooner he got out of here, the better. He passed by the cereal aisle with the screaming baby and gave it a harsh look with his tense eyebrows, then forced himself to carry on and finish this inconvenient business.

Why did his skin itch so damn much? Must be the pressure.

Bananas... the last thing on the list. He hastily tossed them into his overflowing hand basket without caring too much about the condition of them, then headed to the checkout lanes; the full lanes with lines going back into the aisles. Mathis nearly tossed down his groceries on the spot and leave empty-handed, but he really needed these groceries. Mathis bit his lip and settled into the line that looked shortest... or almost did until he noticed the crying baby at the back of the line. No, the line on the opposite end of the store was better for his sanity. That would have to do, even if it was longer and went through the frozen food section. He made his way down and waited.

Damn it was cold in this aisle. Maybe it was all his time spent in the desert. Or just as likely, his skin was still sensitive after healing from the burns. Either way, this was testing his patience even further. Soon this would be over though, and he could go back to the apartment, store his groceries, and take out his frustrations at the gym. He just had to bare through this last but and...

"... no, hold off on my meetings until tomorrow," the man in front of him said out of nowhere. Was he really using one of those bluetooth headsets? Mathis thought those had phased out by now. "I'm with some clients right now and won't be able to make it into the office." And he was a rotten liar too. If he didn't shut that thing off soon, Mathis was going to tear it out of his ear and... "While you're at it, get Joseph scheduled to work this weekend. He..."

Mathis reached forward and plucked the plastic earpiece out of the man's ear, crushing it in the process. "Hey! That was expensive!"

"So is my patience," Mathis responded gruffly. "So we're even. Next time save your phone calls for later."

"Are you kidding me? You're paying for that. I was in the middle of an important call and I..." And then he just snapped. Mathis cut him off short by dropping his milk jug and grabbing the man by the neck. The business man was lifted up and slammed into the freezer. "Maybe you didn't hear me..." Mathis began feeling his body tensing up. It almost felt like his skin was splitting. "Don't. Test. My. Patience."

The line broke up and people began to panic. One woman pulled out her pepper spray and someone began to call the police. Unfortunately, none of that was going to help. Major Richard Mathis was beginning to experience his first transformation.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Michelle Morrison (Entropy)
Entropy
Entropy

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 39
Job : Sensitive bitch
Registration date : 2012-08-28

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top