The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Adopt a guinea pig! I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Adopt a guinea pig! I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Adopt a guinea pig! I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Adopt a guinea pig! I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Adopt a guinea pig! I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Adopt a guinea pig! I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Adopt a guinea pig! I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Adopt a guinea pig! I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Adopt a guinea pig! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Adopt a guinea pig! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Adopt a guinea pig! I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Adopt a guinea pig! I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Adopt a guinea pig! I_vote_lcapAdopt a guinea pig! I_voting_barAdopt a guinea pig! I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Adopt a guinea pig! I_vote_lcapAdopt a guinea pig! I_voting_barAdopt a guinea pig! I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Adopt a guinea pig!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adopt a guinea pig! Empty Adopt a guinea pig!

Post by Tomas Elliot June 3rd 2013, 3:14 pm

So, for those who still don't know me, I am Tomas Elliot and I have recently joined this community.
What I am planning here is my first roleplay which, given the backstory of my character, will be very very important or her future. A lot of things, including her name, will be decided in this very role.
Now you need to keep in mind that being a newcomer I am almost completely unaware of what are the current major storylines and/or, how is the war between the various factions developing. So I will need everyone's help to properly plan this role so that it has the importance and the future implications I want, without messing with the major ongoing storlynes.

Let's start from the beginning: for reasons I won't bother you all with right now ( those who are interested in can have a look here) my character was created in a secret laboratoy which was then assaulted by Project Perfection and destroyed. All the scientists who worked on the projects were killed, but my character was warped away before this happened, thus saving her: so yeah, as of now no one is aware of her existance. Not even she herself.
In fact, her brain has been manipulated during the experiments, and it hasn't finished processing all the things that were implemented in it yet: due to this, when she wakes up (she was under sedatives when she was warped away from the lab) her mind is the mind of a newborn baby. She has no name, no knowledge of where she is or where she came from, no awareness of her powers, nothing at all.

And this is where the roleplay I am planning in this topic actually happens: someone of this community finds her. And by someone I mean really anyone, any hero or villain who was passing by the place where she woke up. I need to stress it: the person who would find her wouldn't be someone linked toher past, but simply a passer by who bumped into her by mere chance.
The decision of this person (or these people, if more than one) will directly affect the future of a character: help her? Abandon her? Give her a name (she needs even that)? Take care of her? Use her as a tool? And how would they find out she has powers in the first place?

Whoever is willing to find answers to these question will be free to join: technically the ideal scenario would be with only one person picking my character up, offering her help, bringing her home, giving her a name, and then help her to recover her memory and understand who she is (if hero) or use her as a mindless weapon exploiting her powers (if villain), but a scenario with many people finding her at the same time might be possible as well. For example, 2 or more heroes could discuss the best way to help, 2 or more villains could discuss the best way to exploit her, and in case of both heroes and villains getting involved they could fight over her.

This topic is just a way to see if people would be interested in this idea of mine, and also a way to let us know that this idea will happen in the first place. Let me know your thoughts!

Also, what are the locations where this roleplay should NOT take place, in order to avoid messing up with the major storylines? For example, East Coast of USA seems off-limits given the recent storylines involving New York (as far as I could understand), a secret lab around those parts wouldn't have stayed safe and secret during the events of NY in the first place... Any other places I should avoid?
Tomas Elliot

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 18
Job : Hardcore RPer
Humor : I think I am sane
Registration date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Adopt a guinea pig! Empty Re: Adopt a guinea pig!

Post by The Phantom June 3rd 2013, 3:27 pm

Okay so Phantom would absolutely be in on this. He has a very soft spot for orphans so he actually might use her for his own devices but at the same time try to help her figure out her past. The owner of a multi-billion dollar/Largest Underground Criminal Orginization in the world needs to take a couple days off work. Plus the guy's got 5 wealth...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Phantom
The Syndicate's Six
The Phantom
The Phantom
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell June 3rd 2013, 4:43 pm

Zell Atterrius would also take her in. Zell himself is pretty young and he couldn't sit idly by while someone else was suffering like that. Zell specifically designated a percent of his profits to eradicating poverty in the city where his HQ is.
Zell would take on the responsibility because he himself is living "on borrowed time" and he's always wanted to have the chance to act as a father/Big Brother figure to someone who understood hardship. Zell appears very young, but is very wise and his looks belie his age, so weather she sees him as a big brother or a father wouldn't really matter.
Zell would take the opportunity to help this girl discover her past selflessly, simply because he understands how it feels to lose one's memory and how crucial closure is. Zell would not dream of taking advantage of her powers, and he would never judge her for her transformations, because he himself will one day suffer the same fate. Finally Zell would do all of this because he knows what it means to be alone, cast aside, living in a cardboard box. He would feel drawn to help someone his age overcome the harsh adversity of life.
The last little details are pretty simple. Zell also runs the world's leader in genetic experimentation and biological research.With a multi-bilion dollar company Zell is highly capable to help her. Zell is a hero, he has a strong moral code but it doesn't always line up with the legal system, but he encourages independent thinking and values other's perspectives. Zell's heroic identity is also a large secret and he has accumulated a vast number of enemies, even as a man, that would see harm to him as a person AND as a hero. She would be exposed to several threats, but Zell would do anything to keep his family safe

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Adopt a guinea pig! Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomas Elliot June 3rd 2013, 5:02 pm

I can see an interesting storyline developing here... If only Zell was less selfless it would be great!
You know, I've always disliked the absolute distinction between good and evil, black and white, prefering those situations in which there are also shades of grey: here, with the two of you, something very good might be born!

So we have a thief who would take advantage of the girl's power, and the world's leader in genetic experimentation who would selflessly help her. If it were to stay this way, it would be pretty straightforward, pretty "yo dude the girl is mine", pretty good-vs-evil scenario.
Boring, isn't it?

So let's spice it up: the thief seems to be exploiting the girl, but he has actually real feelings for her (the nature of these feelings is debatable, but you get the idea). And the good guy seems to be helping her selflessly, but he is actually trying to prove a point, he is willing to turn her into the perfect example of what he means when he says (and I quote) that "independent thinking doesn't always line up with the legal system".
In other words, one man is like "I'll exploit your powers to become rich, but I actually have genuine feelings for you" and the other is like "You'll be my queen and I'll help you recover your memory and unlock your true potential, so that you can show the world that I was right, and that science is superior to moral".
A shade of good in the evil guy, a shade of evil in the good guy. Would make up for great storytelling, now wouldn't it?

It would also be very very interesting if this very storyline between Zell, Phantom and the girl could play a major role in the destiny that awaits Zell, that "he would never judge her for her transformations, because he himself will one day suffer the same fate" that was only hinted to in the above post.
If it is not something private I would love it if Zell could expand on this point.

Anyway, do you guys find this idea acceptable? 3 people, one long-term storyline: if we all stay active it will surely be fun...
Tomas Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom June 3rd 2013, 6:00 pm

The idea sounds amazing to me and I would certainly go along with it. That is if course if Zell is up for it.

The Phantom
The Syndicate's Six
The Phantom
The Phantom
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell June 3rd 2013, 9:33 pm

I'M IN
Just say when. And I can elaborate openly.
Zell was not always a rich little brat, instead he was always a good little boy with a well to do father (who was the right hand man of the Gene-Tech CEO) and his stay at home mother. Zell's father was mysteriously murdered and basically left his family without income. In his life as a poor child he learned that simply because one was rich didn't mean that one had to be a pompous ads about it. Eventually Zell's mother married again, to the NEW CEO of the company, Kurt Summers. Basically Kurt ended up tricking Zell into signing a contract that gave Kurt his father's price of the company. After Zell's mom dies, Kurt stabs Zell in the next with a syringe filled with a highly experimental genetic 'agent' that was designed to remodel the biological structure of whoever was 'infected' (not the right word but you get the point)
Zell was presumed dead and he used that to his advantage and killed Kurt Summers when he tried to inject his half brother (Kurts son) with an altered version of the genetic agent. Further research proved insightful, Zell learned that Kurt had the last laugh. The genetic agent inside his body did exactly what Kurt wanted it to do, it began transforming him into "The Perfect Being".
Zell began producing a strong energy from his body, called Ethereal Energy. This energy is so powerful that once harnessed into a power cell, a battery the size of a watch battery could power NYC for 24 hours. For a long time the energy was benign harmless, but soon he began to experience strange health problems. He learned that his body and all the cells in it were changing in the presence of this energy. He was slowly losing his memory, and slowly becoming a 'monster'. He devised many methods of lowering therEthere Toxicity of his blood, but knows of no cure per say. This means he will eventually turn into The Perfect Being, lose all of his memories, and most likely kill a lot of people in the process.

Did that elaborate enough, or did I not answer the actual question?

Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomas Elliot June 4th 2013, 5:15 am

Well yes this is quite clear... So allow me to recap: by the time the 3 of us meet, my character is a newborn baby in the body of a 19-ish years old walking weapon, Phantom is a top-class thief who aims to become the king of crime, and Zell is the sole guy left in charge of Gene-Tech who also happens to have energy-based powers that he now exploits to be a superhero, but that he knows will one day go berserk and cause a lot of destruction (kinda Sentry-style).

So yeah, one idea could be that upon waking up my character (remember, you have no idea that she has any powers upon finding her) is found by Phantom who, after the initial problems and misunderstandings provoked by the fact that my character can barely speak, offers to help her just out of generosity (he will find out she has powers, and decide to exploit her, much later).
Zell is present on the scenario, and knowing that Phantom is a top-class thief he decides to keep an eye on him and on the girl, because he thinks that the criminal might be up to no good.

After this first role, we will have other ones in which Phantom trains my character to become a thief, gives her a name, finds out that her powers are far beyond the training he wanted to give her, and decides to exploit her, namely sending her to "missions" that usually involve raiding fancy places at night and stealing everything in sight (since my character has the mind of a newborn baby and she doesn't understand the difference between good and evil, Phantom might make her believe that she is actually doing a good thing).

Of course he is aware that choosing bigger and bigger targets will eventually lead him to clash with some superhero, and this is exactly why he wants to exploit my character's powers: to fight off any hero who tries to interfer. But when a hero does interfer, he is no other than Zell, who instead of fighting my character is all like "I've been watching you from a distance the whole time, I know you have something special about you, I can help you find out about your origins, Phantom is only using you" etc. From there, we will see what the future holds for us Wink

This is more or less the idea to start working from: anyone has thoughts/questions/better ideas? Or shall we start?
Tomas Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom June 4th 2013, 6:43 am

That all sounds awesome and amazing, which I would most certainly love to be a part of. Only problem I see with this is the fact that with Phantom's power Zell would not know who he is. The 'forget me' power makes it so no one remembers who he is unless he allows the person to remember or turns tee power off.

The Phantom
The Syndicate's Six
The Phantom
The Phantom
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by keblinky June 4th 2013, 7:23 am

Too late to throw anyone else in?
keblinky
keblinky
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "quantity has a quality all its own"

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2012-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomas Elliot June 4th 2013, 7:59 am

The Phantom wrote:That all sounds awesome and amazing, which I would most certainly love to be a part of. Only problem I see with this is the fact that with Phantom's power Zell would not know who he is. The 'forget me' power makes it so no one remembers who he is unless he allows the person to remember or turns tee power off.

I was thinking that Zell could initially spy on what Phantom is doing with my character from a distance, in order to avoid falling for Phantom's power... Would this be acceptable / plausible?

keblinky wrote:Too late to throw anyone else in?

Of course no, the more the merrier! Which character of yours would get involved, and what would his / her motivation be?
Tomas Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Saileyra June 4th 2013, 9:48 am

I can give your person a fair home within the walls of OCEAN. ;]

Adopt a guinea pig! SaiSig_zpsbe04a7d2
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Saileyra
Saileyra
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2013-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell June 4th 2013, 12:24 pm

Zell doesn't need ro remember phantom. His A.V.A.T.A.R will pick up Phantoms Biosig and the biosig of the girl. Zell won't have to remember lol.
Plus Zell wouldn't give a dang about Phantom off the bat. He'd just monitor the girl

Or we could always flip the script.
Zell finds her, starts to care for her then notices she has powers (eventually) and ends up using her to study reverse transformation effects (in a way that won't harm your character) but he'll still be supportive and all that hooplah
Bam Phantom pops up an goes all "what a waste of talent...blah blah blah..... he's only using you to get what he wants.....blahblahblah" then we could take it from there.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomas Elliot June 4th 2013, 12:52 pm

I kinda feel that immediately starting with a good guy kinda hinders the overall storytelling... I mean, if I immediately meet a guy who is good, selfless and taches me from the start what is good and what is evil, why would I even want to get involved with Phantom after that?

It is just my opinion, but I kinda feel that being found by Phantom would be better, also because you just explained that you would find ways to get around his memory-deleting power, so that wouldn't be a problem...
Tomas Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell June 4th 2013, 1:01 pm

Because Phantom has enough Intel to persuade her first off. Second off she'll be being prickdd and probed while her DNA is studied. Just threw it out there. Jt obviously needs tou h up on ha.
Plus the 'good guys' are the ones who are probing her and using her DNA to research a cure for Zell. So when Phantom meets her he could confuse the crap out of her, pretty much saying how can Zell be a good guy if he uses her like that. Basically he'll make Zell look like the monster and she could go with him and have her final verdict after a while on what she's gonna be.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomas Elliot June 4th 2013, 3:01 pm

Just notifying everyone that myself and Zell kept talking about that in the chat, and we agreed that it is better if Phantom gets to take care of my character first.

Anyway, the topic that starts everything is up. It would be better, in order to avoid a mess with lots of people claiming the girl for themselves, that only Phantom, or at most himself and another person (Zell?) showed up for now.
This doesn't mean that all the people who said they wanted to get involved with my character won't have a chance to in the near future: this will be a truly community-made character! She has no past and no future, the way she will act and develop will depend solely on the actions of those who sorround her!

Stay tuned for updates and further planning of new roles to keep this process going...

P.S.: I wasn't expecting such a positive feedback! Thank you all guys! If you mantain this enthusiasm some great long-term storylines might be born, not only the previously mentioned one between myself, Zell and Phantom, but also many more with other people like Sail and Keblinky!
Tomas Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum