The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Wodan - The Wild Hunt I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Wodan - The Wild Hunt I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Wodan - The Wild Hunt I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Wodan - The Wild Hunt I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Wodan - The Wild Hunt I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Wodan - The Wild Hunt I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Wodan - The Wild Hunt I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Wodan - The Wild Hunt I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Wodan - The Wild Hunt I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Wodan - The Wild Hunt I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Wodan - The Wild Hunt I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Wodan - The Wild Hunt I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Wodan - The Wild Hunt I_vote_lcapWodan - The Wild Hunt I_voting_barWodan - The Wild Hunt I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Wodan - The Wild Hunt I_vote_lcapWodan - The Wild Hunt I_voting_barWodan - The Wild Hunt I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Wodan - The Wild Hunt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wodan - The Wild Hunt Empty Wodan - The Wild Hunt

Post by Illya May 30th 2013, 6:27 pm

Wodan
The Wild Hunt

Personal Information
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Title: Predator, Spirit of the Hunt, The Wild Hunt
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Fundamental
Citizenship: N/A  
Hair: N/A
Skin: N/A
Eyes: N/A
Blood Type: N/A
Height: 3cm
Weight: N/A

Known Family Members:
All Predatory Beasts: (Wodan considers them all his children)

Personality:
Wodan is the embodiment of “Survival of the Fittest” and embodies it rather well. It has no tolerance for the weak, more likely to execute those it considers unworthy of life essence. However, it also means it does not like to be challenged, as it is a being that considers itself the strongest of all beasts. This ruling does not apply to Humans however, as Wodan does not respect such creatures and considers them nothing but fodder and scum. The exceptions are the no longer human beings that hunt their former race, such as Vampires or Werewolves. This rationale is that they have gained the feeling of being a predator, and thus deserve some of its respect. One must prove its worth in battle to Wodan before commanding any sort of respect.

The spirit of the Hunt is also quick to make judgments and quick to act, and is also easily amused when a fight is about to commence, to which point it will actually endeavor to see it happen. It is erratic in its tastes and enjoys changes in its original plans if it still ends up being enjoyable. In addition to being brash, Wodan is also stubborn and will never change its mind once it makes it unless a significant revelation appears to him.

When it comes to animals that are actual Prey (not humans), Wodan has a sense of respect in the fact that his children are sustained by these creatures, and will never give them the indignity of being played with once they've been caught. It respectfully kills all that it hunts in the natural order and will make its promise to use their life essence well.

History:
When the Universe was created, there was a collection of concepts that was created with it. Death, Time, Destruction, and many more were created along with those that were affected by in design. The youngest of these is Predator, a fundamental much younger than its brothers, as predatory beings had not come until much later in existence. For eons, Predator watched as the beasts would hunt and fight for dominance, acting through them and within them in ways beyond the control of a simple ruler, but as an instinct, an emotion. It watched as beast hunted beast, as the strong preyed on the weak, and it supported those who became the top of their environment. By design predatory instinct was perfect, it kept things organized and without exponential growth, and it protected the environment in which prey resided; that was when Humanity arrived.

Like wildfire, Creation’s Humans immediately made their presence known. They hunted down animals without signs of stopping, snuffing out beasts into non-existence, starving out their predators and letting others run rampant in growth, in turn causing the destruction of more beasts. Hunger for Power, Resource, Dominance caused humans to ruin the system of billions of years in the making in such short amount of time. But as all Fundamentals, Predator was forced to merely watch as its children began to fade away; that is until Humans began to revere Predator as a god. Under the name Wodan, Predator began to hunt down the creations of magic, spirit and body, an event that would widely be known as The Wild Hunt.

But as time passed, Humanity’s fickle worship eventually faded, and Wodan could only watch once again. Soon Humanity’s greed was too much for the ancient fundamental to handle. Through the sheer force of “will” Wodan manifested itself into reality once again, this time tethering itself to a crystal in order to safely use its power, so long as it could eat the life essences of humans. From that point, Wodan set out on its mission; destroy Humanity.

Powers and Abilities
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Powers:
The Umbra (8 AB Replacement Item): Rather than tap into the forces of the current Universe, Wodan calls upon the power of The Umbra, the First Darkness, through the ring encompassing its crystal. With the Umbra by its side, Wodan takes the form of its most formidable servants. The darkness can take the form of wolves, crows, sharks and any other form of predatory creature. This darkness protects Wodan’s true form and makes sure that it does not dissipate. These forms simulate the animals in question and appear as black versions of themselves. The Umbra is also incapable of separating itself from Wodan more than a few meters as it is meant to surround the being as a sort of aura. Anything that separates itself to far becomes a projectile, continuing in the one direction they were going without any notion of changing its course.

The Wild Hunt (5 AB): Wodan is never truly alone, for when it needs it, he can call upon The Wild Hunt. The Wild Hunt is a part of Wodan itself, pieces of his essence that molded into an event that shook the foundations of the Earth. When Wodan calls upon the Wild Hunt, its form spawns 25 weaker versions of itself, all intelligent enough to make their own choices and following its orders as members of its pack. Each of these clones is capable of using weaker versions of their leader’s power, in addition with the ability to act as extra eyes.

The Call of the Hunt (+2 AB Boost Item): Located just above Wodan's jewel on the same ring, Wodan increases its potential to multiply itself, giving it access to 10 more clones (5 per 1 point). This boost only lasts for a few minutes (4 posts), and is usually only used by Wodan when it needs to kill a particularly violent or crafty prey.

A Hunter’s Instinct (1 AB): Wodan is capable of searching the area in sort of radar like sense that allows it to locate all of its identified prey. He pretends to smell or hear or see in order to simulate the fact that it acknowledges his prey’s existence.

Fight or Flight: (RP Mechanic) Being the ultimate predator, there is nothing that Wodan fears and nothing that it cannot hunt. But due to it being Primal Instinct manifest, it emits its incredible killing intent and desire to devour prey quite easily, no matter what form it takes. When it freely extends its killing intent, it inspires the "Fight or Flight" mindset, a test to whether or not the quarry thinks it is a predator or prey. When it feels the need, Wodan can literally spread its killing intent like an aura to let prey know that it is coming, not where it is, but that it is on the approach.

Wodan
Occult: 8
Strength:0
Speed: 4
Durability: 6
Ability: 1/5(7)
Fighting Skill: 4
Flight: 2

Copies
Occult: 6
Strength:0
Speed: 6
Durability: 2
Ability: 1/2/2
Fighting Skill: 3
Flight: 2

Experience/Abilities:
Hunter: As the embodiment of the Hunt, Wodan is a very adept hunter, knowing the many strategies that animals use to hunt their prey. It adapts based on the environment quite well, and can make use of sudden situations in surprising speeds.

Leader: As the ultimate hunter, Wodan is capable of leading its pack in any form they take, perfecting the battle plans of evolution against those who would not expect it.

Weaknesses
Itself: The crystal that embodies Wodan is the only thing that tethers him to Earth. If it were to break, it would take long periods of time before it could manifest itself again on Earth.

Life Essence: Wodan requires daily feasting on Human souls in order to keep itself tethered to Earth. Were it caught for long periods of time without sustenance, it would be incapable of maintaining its ties to Earth.

Last edited by Doc on July 10th 2013, 8:40 am; edited 4 times in total
Illya
Illya
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 259
Humor : I am smiling
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Back to top Go down

Wodan - The Wild Hunt Empty Re: Wodan - The Wild Hunt

Post by Forceaus May 30th 2013, 6:46 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus July 10th 2013, 4:59 pm

Reapproved

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top